/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting /out/ more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey guys. I have a question that I need answered and I'm sure a lot of others would too.

I want to get /out/ more but my lifestyle doesn't necessarily allow it. I work a busy job (that I enjoy) and between that and social commitments I find it hard to get out.

Any tips to motivate me mroe or just be to be ready enough to go? I want to camp/hammock rather than just walk up hills.

pic related - what i want to do
>>
Find some time and just go out you retard it's that simple
>>
>>855562
Your lifestyle probably allows it, you just need to prioritize going out over being a social butterfly.
>>
>>855562
>I work a busy job (that I enjoy)
Just from that statement I can tell you're in America, you're always 25 miles away from the perfect camping place, make sure to plan ahead, make a huge date out of going out, and try to do it every weekend.
>>
How do I get more into it? Should I just have my equipment and then park somewhere and start exploring?
>>
Hey Anon, I have found that in order to consistently get out or more than a day hike, day float or quick over-nighter, it really helps to set a date in advance. For example, I recently submitted my paperwork to take off 3 weeks in July of next year for a canoe trip to the boundary waters. I could never pull off something like that with my current job without a bit of preplanning. That, and make friends who like to play outside too.
>>
>>855562
Prioritize /out/ over "social commitments" you tard
>>
>>855562
Quit making some of your social commitments, or don't /out/. It's that simple. Or change some of your social commitments to /out/ ones. Again, that simple. Is going to the club/party/bridge game/whatever really that important? I suppose I'm lucky. My closest friends love out shit. Make your choices and live with them, anon.
>>
>>855562

Leave a fully packed bag by the door. Next time you have a spare moment, grab it and walk out of the door; don't think.
>>
>>855681
This. I have to schedule a month in advance to even go camping for a weekend.

Also, if you prep yourself and your gear for colder temperatures, it opens up months of time that you normally wouldn't think of camping.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.