[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor Gear Sale/Discounts Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 678115_868220-Kish1.jpg (188KB, 999x958px) Image search: [Google]
678115_868220-Kish1.jpg
188KB, 999x958px
Hello all, like everyone here I have an affinity for the outdoors and the peace of mind gained from being secluded in wilderness; however, well-made, good equipment will always come at precipitous (though, warranted) costs- therefore I ask, what are the best websites or time of year (sales promotions, Black Friday, and so on) to find high-quality outdoor gear on sale?
>>
>>855030
>high quality outdoor gear
>on /out/
>>
>>855030
Most major retailers like REI, Moosejaw, Backcountry.com all have clearance/discount pages where they put last year's models and colors.

Another good option is geartrade, which is all second hand gear.

Offline look around for gear swaps and consignment stores.
>>
File: 3400_wr_black_front.jpg (102KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3400_wr_black_front.jpg
102KB, 800x1200px
if anyone sees a black hyperlite mountain gear windrider 3400 on sale please post here. i've been looking for months but can't find one
>>
Went to Cabelas in wheeling today and they had ton of hiking/camping/backpacking stuff on clearance. I'm assuming it slows down in sales in the Fall
>>
>work at gear store
>discounts every day
>annual at cost sale for employees
>get to hang around cool shit all day and talk to chill customers who see the place like Disney world
>>
File: harbor freight 1.png (293KB, 791x402px) Image search: [Google]
harbor freight 1.png
293KB, 791x402px
>>855030
whenever some idiot desperately attempts to sell it under cost on craigslist.
seriously.
>>
How do I become kayak?
>>
>>855030
Do you have a job?

Gear really isn't that expensive and backpacking can be a really cheap vacation
>>
>>856005
I'm so disappointed with REI Garage vs. the old REI Outlet.

They really fucked it.
>>
>>857505
What's different?
>>
>>857748
They can still sell their shit for overpriced even when used now
>>
>>855030
woot.com

It's amazon's surplus outlet. Constantly rotating stock, but there's a dedicated outdoor section on it. Get the app for your phone, as it's easier to navigate, and gives you all the app exclusive content (usually the highest discounted)

There's 3 types of things you'll find on woot. Utter trash, great deals (these go the quickest) and Start up company/trial product (gamble, but I've gotten a $300 scope for my rifle for $25 last year, and a solar charger that can charge a phone in real time for $20 without an added battery pack)

Check it often, as it looks like there's been a lot of end of summer sales for camping gear, but most of it has been trash

This week I picked up Slumberjack's most high end down sleeping bag rated to -20 degrees for 130 after shipping and tax. Sells for 270 on amazon right now.
>>
>>858314
No, I mean what specifically did they change when they went from the outlet to the garage. What's different?
>>
Shill brands on YouTube to pay for gear? My friend has a YouTube channel where he just posts videos once a week of his weekend fishing trips fucking around. He always has some bait company or boat accessory company pay him $25-50 to talk about their brand for a few seconds saying "I only use ___ chum bait." while baiting his hook in the video. Pays for his fishing trip.
>>
>>858314
t. a dumb poorfag that speaks without knowledge

>>858466
Unlike dumb poorfag thinks, the REI Garage took over the old REI Outlet and sells new gear. Yes items are still 30%-75% off, but the format just plain sucks.

It was easier to find what I wanted before and since I actually HAVE a job, unlike dumb poorfag, I liked spending the least amount of worktime (and money) finding and buying what I want.

In for over $500 x4 gift cards by now. I get 4x gas points buying my REI giftcards ang score 2000 points/ea for up to $1 off per gallon.

At one point last summer I paid $0.59/gal.

> roadtrip!
>>
Outlet was all new gear on closeout, Garage is all new gear on closeout. The only thing that changed was the name and the page layout.
>>
File: WP_20150809_17_44_14_Pro.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150809_17_44_14_Pro.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>857748
>>858314
>>858466
>>858599
>>858495
REI stopped carrying American Made climbing gear. They love the slant eyes, and hate the labor force in America. The quality of climbing product has deviated from durabilty to color coordinated autismo profit margins. They are no longer a co-op. Did you know REI used to manufacture climbing gear? Did you know REI changed product ranges to maintain profit margins because American Manufacturers sell at price so REI can't profit? Did you know that REI revoked the lifetime warranty on all their products at the same time they started selling slant eye throw away gear?

here's a pic of a bolt that was precisely and intelligently placed in the 1980's that was chopped a few years ago by some newfag who was acting "independently" while borrowing a drill from the local climbing organization. Don't worry, the shitstain never climbed the route before initiating the retro work, even though the route was maintained, and let's not forget the cunt was also informed on which bolts were still solid, of course, those were the only ones chopped, and the corroded bolts were never replaced.
>>
>>858733
This post literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about, which is "what's the difference between the old outlet and the new garage" but I'm glad you could get all that off your chest. It must have been really weighing in you.
>>
>tfw pro-deals and sponsorships
>tfw getting better deals year-round than the holiday sales offer
>>
>>858829
Is there some master list of companies offering pro deals?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.