[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a fast and friendly lightweight backpacker anything. Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (455KB, 1155x867px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455KB, 1155x867px
Ask a fast and friendly lightweight backpacker anything. Pic is from a recent trip.
>>
>>854117
How many shekels have you wasted on removing 1oz?
>>
>>854117
Where'd I put my wallet?
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>854118
Varies but $20-80. Gets exponentially more expensive when you're already light

>>854120
Your pocket, where you usually put it.
>>
>>854117
Why did you start this thread?
>>
>>854175
>i waste money on ultralight gear plz give me attention plz.
thats why
>>
>>854117
where was OP pic taken?
>>
Ultra light hiking doesn't have to be expensive. Just get creative and DIY.
>>
>>854117
Where do you usually hike? From the looks of it, it seems temperate enough..
How do you feel about your baseweight if hiking in more inclement conditions? Will you ever bring rainpants? Do you tarp? How many items made from Cuben/Dyneema Composite Fibers and/or carbon do you use?
>>
>>854117
Where was this?
>>
>>854117
Gear list and/or photos?
>>
>>854534
Finally someone who is not retarded
>>
>>854534
I have a base weight of 15 pounds, it's light as hell and ive spent a little under $300 total thanks to DIY projects. The idea of having a lighter pack makes a lot of sense, but spending $2000 bucks on ultralight gear seems a little foolish to me.
Then again I am poor.
>>
Trail runners right OP? /out/ is full of bootfags that pick on anyone mentioning trail runners here.
>>
File: rayray.jpg (10KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
rayray.jpg
10KB, 220x176px
All you need is a blade, a fire rod, a metal container, and 2 pairs of socks.
>>
I'm always curious as to where I can camp. I've been camping quite a few times, usually with my wife, but I've always wanted to get 'off the beaten track' so to speak. We always camp in established campsites. How can I go camping innawoods, how do I know if an area is legal?
>>
>>857227

Call the local authorities and find out whatthe rules are for a certainarea. Failing that just get a map and try to stay the fuck away from roads and signs
>>
File: likethiseveryday.jpg.jpg (59KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
likethiseveryday.jpg.jpg
59KB, 450x321px
>>854534
Seriously, the spirit's to MacGyver shit.

You should be able to get to UL with pocket change at your local hardware store and thrift shop.
>>
>>857227
Look up "dispersed camping". BLM, Natl Parks Service, and USDA have specific rules and regulations about doing this on their properties. You can probably do the same on state-owned land as well. Look up the regs.
>>
Post packing list OP.
>>
File: Prometheus1.jpg (52KB, 578x250px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus1.jpg
52KB, 578x250px
>>857298
I like the "UL-space age style" more. gives you the look and feel of a explorer from proxima b.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.