[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to not be a little bitch pt 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

hey I posted before about going /out/ for an overnighter alone for the first time and bailing out because danger high levels of estrogen

however, I have decided to make another try, and I'm getting up bright and early on saturday to spend it hiking around on an island in the archipelago here

Im gonna
- pack heavy
- get up early
- hike all day
- bring a tent

hopefully this time I'll be too tired to give enough fucks to be scared

any other last tips?
>>
Bring a notebook and make notes about wildlife,landmarks,gear load out ideas,etc. Maybe a few relaxing podcast if you still have problems sleeping. The more you sleep /out/ the more you will get use to it. Have fun!
>>
File: 1473398515843 copy.jpg (170KB, 474x630px) Image search: [Google]
1473398515843 copy.jpg
170KB, 474x630px
that's such a cozy looking fire. let us know how your night out goes
>>
>>853766
Bring a gun... Or bow. I feel like at least having a bow makes me feel just as almost as safe as a gun. There is logical logistical issues when it comes to a bow. Like not being able to fire 6 shots in rapid succession or being able to shoot through your tent easily. And it doesn't get caught on every low hanging branch you walk under.
>>
>>853816
Haha you dick
>>
>>853818
just get a pistol crossbow you can find cheap ones for 25 bucks be sure the frame is aluminium or steel, them you remove the bow from it usually around 80lbs and put an car leafspring you can find thinner ones cut it short like 15 inches and put in the place of the bow, now you have a pistol crossbow that easily gets over 120lbs just be sure you can cock it cause it can be hard for some people, it's close range but you can fire from your tent
>>
>>854043
120lbs or like mine get a little over 180lbs, with the right arrowhead it will be deadly
>>
>>854043
Or you could just buy a SNS for like $125.
>>
Take a couple minutes while you are setting up to listen to the noises. Listen to the birds, the water, the wind everything. A normal crack from a stick at night sounds like a bear but in reality its just a bird.
>>
>>853766
I feel you, OP, I really do. I went on my first overnight solo about a month ago. Only thing that kept me relatively at ease was never letting go of the hatchet I insisted was worth 3lbs. Shit's gonna get spoopy your first time /out/. Every movement in the leaves is gonna be some kind of monstrous animal who's only mission is to eat you alive. So plan on not getting much sleep. Trust though, you'll survive. Just take something with you that you're fairly confident could fuck up a large mammal and the night'll go a lot smoother for you.
>>
There's a brand called Nero that makes all these waters for different things with different stuff in them. I think most of them are memes but the sleep one works really well. I drank one right after I put the fire out and slept like a rock the first time I did a solo. Downside is you might be groggy when you get up or if something serious does happen in the middle of the night. Was worth it for me though
>>
Buy some bear spray
>>
File: 20160910_082312.png (376KB, 1439x2398px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_082312.png
376KB, 1439x2398px
>>854310
Fuck off with your abbreviation
>>
>>854437
i believe it's a gun though im not sure, also where i live you can't have a gun, don't know about op but could be the same case
>>
>>853766

Hiking a lot helps. Just chill out and relax, none of the animals that come through your area are going to want anything to do with you. The forest at night is pretty cool, owls and bats and shit like that are flying around. Hang a bear bag and you're good.
>>
>>854437
>>854468
Saturday night special, my bad. Its a catch all term for a small handgun, usually some type of revolver, that is easily concealable and fairly cheap. Pic related.
>>
File: 1464819489934.jpg (19KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464819489934.jpg
19KB, 440x300px
how'd it go OP?
>>
Im easily spooked. Im used to the outdoora but on some nights my Fantasy takes over and I can't control that. So when that happens I take a shot or 4 of hard 60 proof schnapps I take with me and get to sleep. I sleep like a Baby and no Bad things happen to me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.