[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregon Authorities Investigating Collapse of Iconic Rock Formation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Authorities in Oregon were investigating the collapse of an iconic sandstone formation after video posted on Twitter showed state park visitors appearing to destroy it.

The department initially believed the formation's collapse was natural, saying in a Sept. 1 Facebook post that visitors were fortunate that no one was injured and that the event should serve "as a sobering reminder of the ever present dangers of our fragile coastal rocks and cliffs."

Then department officials saw a video that had been posted on Aug. 29 by David Kalas. Kalas, 19, had visited Cape Kiwanda Natural Area earlier that day with two friends, including an aspiring videographer who brought a drone along to capture the coast's scenery.

From a football field away they saw a group of eight to 10 people gather around the formation, known as Duckbill, Kalas told NBC News.

"They were trying to push it over," he said. "We thought nothing of it. It's sturdy. It's not going to break." Once the formation began wobbling, Kalas said, he and his friends sprinted over and confronted the group.

"They said one of their friends had broken their legs," he said, adding that the group described it as a "giant safety hazard." He said the group claimed that "they did a favor by knocking the rock down."

The formation was perched behind a fence in an area the parks department pleaded with visitors not to cross: Since 2009, seven people have died when the park's sandstone cliffs crumbled and they fell into the ocean or onto rocks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-authorities-investigating-collapse-iconic-rock-formation-n643101

tldr: guy recorded and reported group of jackasses destroying local natural landmark
>>
Wasnt me
>>
>>853273
normies ruin everything as always, also the based David.
>>
File: kicker.png (94KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kicker.png
94KB, 1200x1200px
Fuck yea!!
>>
>>853332
retards didn't make this, nature did...just like it put the straw in strawberry and french in french fry
>>
>>853273
>muh safety faggots destroy nature
what a surprise.
>>
>>853273
I hope they pay for that, such arrogance
>>
>>853273
where's the vid' ?
>>
>>853332
>>
File: out cairn kickers.webm (1MB, 208x360px) Image search: [Google]
out cairn kickers.webm
1MB, 208x360px
>>853353
>>
>>853368
>>853368
I feel like there is no privacy anymore with these damn drones everywhere.
>>
>>853369
You mean cellphones?
>>
>>853366
Those were a group of boyscouts right? What a bunch of jackasses.
>>
>>853273
>>852536
>>
>wasting time finding people who knocked over a rock
Go look for real criminals
>>
ohnoes, a rock is broken in oregon.
done by some thoughtless youth, no doubt. "gasp"

why is this shit even in the news?
don't they have some evil scary gun stories to report on?
>>
>>853332
No anon, only kick the ones that were made by hipsters, don't kick the natural ones. And if you have to shit in the woods, make sure to find a geocache to shit in first.
>>
start a movement
Rock Formations Matter
>>
>>853434
>when crimes are commited people should look the other way
WHAT FUCKIN' CRIME
should be a crime to waste my time crying about something but what was inevitable anyway.
>>
>>853396
>children's logic

Grow up, kid.
>>
>>853273
Sign of our culture.

Man breaks leg.... blame rock
Man kills people .... blame gun
Man runs over kids .... blame booze
>>
File: reeeee 1.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee 1.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>>853273
ugh fucking normies have to ruin everything /out/
>>
>>853433
ALL ROCKS MATTER
>>
>>853368
not really a cairn though is it?
>>
>>853417
Nogs and junkies shooting each other gets old. Happens hundreds of times a day.
>>
>>853273
>breaking a rock because their friend hurt himself on it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.