[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best thing to grow for profit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (80KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 600x450px
What do you think is the best thing to grow for profit,at home either outside in the soil or inside in the basement or a dark room by an amateur at this stuff.

Something legal and easy to optain as seeds but maybe hard to grow or whatever that makes is valuable to at least make some money to support this.
>>
>>852718
Grow a pair and get a real job.
>>
>>852718
Drugs

Or get gubbermint subsidized to not grow stuff.
>>
Dope
>>
Pic related, but you already knew that. Piss easy to grow, and even easier to sell

>Something legal
Good luck with your basement tomatos or whatever then
>>
Am not looking to get rich man i dont need to grow weed or whatever. Some exotic mushrooms can be profitable or some herbs, just looking for opinions or stories
>>
>profit
>legal
>easy

pick one
>>
>>852757
More like two
>>
>>852724
snek bounties when?
>>
File: szg.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
szg.gif
2MB, 400x243px
So... you want to be a farmer... but not do as much work?

People who grow things for profit are farmers.

There is nothing you can grow in a small scale (legally) that will make you any decent profit.

Any mushrooms that are valuable, are valuable because they can not be cultivated easily, therefore need to be found in the wild. That's why they are valuable.

If there was something valuable that could be grown in a basement for profit, there would be a lot more people doing it.

I get that you're broke OP, but it just won't work.
>>
>>852788
Thx for the input.
Am not broke nor i try to get rich
I like to do this coz i like it as a hobby and maybe can makenit making money on the side. Because i have the space i have the soil i have the water...
After a bit googling i found some exotic versions of garlic can be profitable
>>
>>852718
you know there are better forums/boards for this kind of question?
My suggestion if you want to seriously grow for profit is to learn how to garden first. hydroponics and soil medium. learn how to amend soil. all of this requires a bit of room and a marginal investment for nutrients, soil, trays, lights ect....
For myself living in a suburb of a large city with a lot of restaurants and farmers markets I chose to grow micro greens and micro vegetables. had the inspections and papers done so now I can say my products are certified organic (though they were before) it has made a slight difference in sales and now I can market to stores and restaurants easier.
During the week I do the deliveries and my weekends I sell at farmers markets.
>>
>>852833
>After a bit googling i found some exotic versions of garlic can be profitable
Nobody is going to buy your exotic garlic. Plant regular garlic, that is easy as hell and can be profitable.

Or, if you want to make decent money with little space, plant psilocybin myshrooms. Easiest money in the world
>>
>>852757
Pick 2 actually
>>
Thanks for your input
I have a very rich soil and pretty decent area and almost free clean water, thats why i am thkinking in getting into one specific crop (garlic) and keep expanding, i already have a micro garden for my self going.

As for the psy shrooms i was interested but i dont know how to grow them or if i need anything since they are illegal here
>>
>>852899
If you really want to make money with shrooms and other stuff, it is entirely possible to skip the growing part all together...
>>
>>852899
If you're serious about this garlic thing, I suggest that you learn how to make Black Garlic. It's an artisan product of normal garlic.
Not sure what your social circle is like, but I knew a guy who used to sell black garlic to the most prestigious restaurants in my city

Good luck lad
>>
>>853193
what do you mean
>>
>>852899
>As for the psy shrooms i was interested but i dont know how to grow them or if i need anything since they are illegal here
Google FSRE. You can get a spore print for basically free. Used the site before, they are legit, and you only need one print to kick it off, the other ones are free from the shrooms you grow.
There are a bunch of well written guides online, shroomery forums is a good start. Honestly, its piss easy to grow, you don't need to invest much at all, and all you need is one connect to sell to. Easy money. Could be a bit difficult if you are an older guy with no friends in such circles. As for the clientele, every drug has distinct individuals who buy it. People who buy shrooms, acid and such are usually chill, unlike most dope fiends or tweakers.

But if you really want garlic, that is a prefectly fine option too. My folks used to grow garlic and made a decent ammount of money on it. Easiest thing in the world to grow, grows in every season, and people buy it like.. idk people buy it a lot is what i mean. Don't expect people to buy your exotic garlic for a higher price than you would sell regular garlic though, that's what i meant by my previous post
>>
>>853268
i think he means becoming a drug dealer
>>
>>853268
>buy product in bulk from wholesaler
>package for retail
>gain customer base
>sell at a profit
>>
>>853279
Thanks for the info , how about ordering that spore tho and delivering it in a country that is illegal?
>>
This thread is filled with wage cuck pessimists and children who don't like to do more work than it takes to open a snickers bar. Of whom shouldn't be giving their opinion on subjects they literally have no clue about (farming, mushrooms, economics, marketing, etc.)

OP, we have a board for this >>>/biz/catalog and we have a dedicated thread on /out/ for growing stuff: >>851717 just don't listen to anything plont says.
>>
>>853294
If you are looking to cultivate actives, go to shroomery.org

Search the following phrases: Pf tek, Monotub tek, SGFC.

Find the user called spitball jedi, he has a series of guides called "the basics"

That should be plenty to get you started, good luck
>>
>>853294
Spores are legal everywhere. You can order them and have them delivered perfectly legally, even from other websites(i recommended FSRE because its basically free).
Only cultivating and owning psychedelic mushrooms is illegal.

That said, i have grown a pretty decent batch literally in my drawer. There is no way someone will know. No lights needed, no smell etc.
>>
Fruits, vegetables, and dairy products are the best way to make money as a small scale local farmer. Join a coop, and sell to local businesses and organic food stores. You won't make any considerable profits off of growing things small scale, but you can make some profits to offset the time and money devoted to it. Figure out what the organic/local produce situation is like in your area, and try to fill a niche. Or just grow fruits, and heirloom tomatoes like everybody else.
>>
Children
>>
Weed you little faggot. Unless you have chemistry equipment and can harvest ergot or rye to make lsd.
>>
>>853519
Is it practical to grow anything at home that you could make DMT from? I know a bunch of plants have it in them but not sure how many trees or whatever you would need.

Or just order the bark. Idk what it is like now, but a few years back there were so many people getting the bark mailed to them and making the shit at home.
>>
>>853521
No one is going to buy DMT from you on a scale that can make you a profit. You'll spend more on supplies then you will make. A good setup for 1 weed plant can be purchased for relatively cheap ($800). You're going to have to get a job to support yourself until you can earn some harvests, then you keep adding to your farm with all of your earnings.
>>
I may give fsre a try , ordering a spore and just try to follow instructions.
On a more outdoor project tho i gave a lot of reading on garlic growing and i think it may be pretty easy , cheap and fun to do
>>
>>853767
>A good setup for 1 weed plant can be purchased for relatively cheap ($800)
Are you absolutely insane? Where in the hell did you get that number from? I'm genuinely interested.

I had a growbox made with 4 plants, used the scrog method on them, and bought the fans, lights, glass, reflective screen, dirt, fertilizer and electrical equipment for around 100$.
How in the world did you get to 800$ for ONE plant is beyond me. Stop talking out of your ass and spewing nonesense
>>
File: Hericium_erinaceus(mgw-01)[1].jpg (231KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hericium_erinaceus(mgw-01)[1].jpg
231KB, 960x960px
>>852788
>Any mushrooms that are valuable, are valuable because they can not be cultivated easily, therefore need to be found in the wild. That's why they are valuable.
Some just don't transport well and need to be grown locally. The Hericium genus springs to mind (pic related)
>>
why does nobody grow opium

If someone popped out some pounds of opium in my college town they would be buck wild with money

People would definitely smoke it, they would be the only game in town, and when half the people get addicted as fuck to it they have a monopoly

its legal to grow until you actual harvest it unless you leave evidence of intent
>>
>>852718
My father used to grow Gypsophila paniculata and sell them to florists (they are very popular in arrangements) but he never made that much money. It was just a hobby. He was growing lots of flowers anyway.
>>
>>852718
Pot.
>>
>>854946
Large amounts of land needed, large amounts of labor, high chance of getting caught and it would be more profitable to traffic pills or normal heroin.

I grow poppy for seed and have sone pods to make laudnium in case things get really bad economically but even that is pretty stupid give how drugs always flow regardless of situation.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>852718

I know a guy who grows shrooms underwater. Like in literal bubble dome shelter things like in the pic but larger.

The temperature where we are is way too hot and it's too dry year round for shrooms normally but at a specific depth the temp is perfect all year, and the air inside these things stays naturally humid.

The air somehow self-replenishes? Like oxygen dissolves out of the water into the air by itself to replace what is lost, or if there is deficient CO2, that dissolves out of the water until balance is reached again. So no technology is needed to keep the shrooms alive.

He got the idea from a youtube tutorial for how to make the bubbles, and some experiment in Italy where they are growing crops and herbs and shit this way.

Since there's no bubbles or anything to give away where the domes are, I doubt cops will ever find out. He just goes there at night with scuba gear when it's time to harvest.
>>
>>852749
well apparently mushroom cultivation outside of the big 3 (button,shitake and oyster) is very hard to make the mycelium actually produce fruiting bodies
>>
>>854946
ive been smoking opium grown in my back yard since i was 14. never sold it s never get much of it but its nice and fun, mellow.
>>
>>854981
>shrooms
magic mushrooms?
>>
>>854997
well... shitake and oyster can be pretty popular and profitable.. but i prefer the idea of growing something outside in the ground
>>
File: download.png (2KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 275x183px
Weed. Grow weed.

>its illegal
No it isnt lol
>>
>>852718
Gold, I've already planted bullion all over my property and am waiting for it to germinate.
>>
>>852718
Fennel pollen. Runs about $20/ounce selling to higher end restaurants.
>>
>>852718
pretty sure saffron is the most expensive thing in the world by weight but i dont know much about growing it
>>
>>855538

If it was easy to grow, it wouldn't be expensive.
>>
>>855538
>$500-$5000 per pound
Still more expensive stuff out there, but goddamn.

"The expense comes from the extraordinary labor involved in harvesting and preparing it for storage. There are only 3 stigmas (referred to as saffron threads) per flower. Also adding to the expense is the fact that 80,000 flowers (or one acre) are needed to obtain one pound of Saffron."

Just grow some weed OP.
>>
>>855540
i mean i knew it was hard to grow but i didnt know why exactly
>>
>>853521
https://www.erowid.org/plants/phalaris/phalaris.shtml
http://www.psychonaut.com/ayahuasca-dmt/37487-dmt-extraction-using-phalaris-arundinacea.html
Pic unrelated
>>
>>855642
Yee that's what I was talking about.
DMT is supposedly present in a ton of different plants, but a lot of them have such low concentrations that it isn't worth extracting it.

If it is worthwhile extracting from canary grass, just seed your lawn with that shit and bag the trimmings when you mow te lawn every weekend.
>>
>>855540
Not really hard to grow, it's wild up here in Pennsylvania but the amount of hand labor required and the small amount per acre is what is expensive.
>>
>>855543
It's not as expensive as it sounds Considering most of it is harvested by 3rd worlders paid pennies a day.
>>
>>853268
He probably means that only 19 cents of every dollar in agriculture goes to the farmer. Buy from local farmers in bulk, sell at markets. You can expand your growing operation while doing this and gain a customer base. The customer base is the hardest part for local farmers.
>>
>>853767
>800
I had over 20 plants last year and it didn't cost anywhere near that
>>
>>852721
All jobs are shit you idiot. I bet you think gold is valuable. Lmao
>>
>>856171
I bet you think BTC is valuable. Lol
>>
Am thinking of following the garlic niche, planting as much as possible in my space, using the free water supply and me as labor. What would be the best starting point?? Buying the cheap seeds in envelopes possibly in bulk, or the ready small plants with roots
>>
>>856171
>all jobs are shit
>i wanna grow fungus instead of earn money
>growing fungus isnt a job or anythin
W...wut?
>>
>>853847
You can buy 10 seeds online for under 100$ That's if you can't find it anywhere else. Then you have free plants forever
>>
>>856349
I wouldn't recommend starting g garlic from seeds. It's alway entirely cultivated via cloning. Ask on the homegrown thread. We got a garlic expert over there.
>>
>>854981
that is fucking amazing
>>
>>855649
Theres a root thats used to make DMT. Im sure you could grow that
>>
File: juTbO4L.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
juTbO4L.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>856384
>plants
>mushrooms
>>
>>857833
Kys
>>
If I grow mushrooms I'm not going to accidentally inhale anthrax right?

How do they even manage to not die intentionally growing that stuff
>>
>>857798
Yeah, there is DMT in a ton of different plants but I think it's Mimosa bark or roots or some shit like that which is normally used to make it because it has a high concentration of the chemical.

I'm just curious if there are any plants that you could grow in the garden on your 1/4acre plot that would be worthwhile to make DMT. That Canary Grass idea sounds sweet, after reading that article it sounds like dude actually got a good hit off extracts from 2oz of grass. Just seed the whole yard with some DMT producing grass, and bag it when you mow every weekend. End up with a gram or two until the next weekend.
>>
>>857833
>not realizing that mushrooms are closer to being flora than they are to being fauna
Shiggy.
>>
>you can't make good money

Nothing wrong with monetizing hobbies in a small way if it motivates you to practice them.

Being good at mushrooms and hydroponics can help you feed yourself.
>>
>>852744
This
>>
>>852718
opium poppy

>>852721

>real

nice fallacy
>>
>>852718
How about you save money by producing your own food? Of course, investment at the start will be high, but afterwards it should become easier.
>>
>>852718
Ginseng
>>
File: 1466756625709.png (610KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466756625709.png
610KB, 800x600px
>>859951
They are closer to fauna than flora you backwards retard
>>
I'd rather breed puppers if I wanted some side income.
>>
>>852833
https://www.reddit.com/r/shrooms if your into shrooms
but it ain't easy
<inb4 bait
>>
>>859896
Not if you aren't a moron about it. Keep your shit sterile and watch carefully for contaminates. Also anthrax isn't very likely.
>>
>>861298
Alright, wiseass, I'll bite. Pray tell, how are mushrooms closer to being animals than they are to being plants?
>>
>>861317
Look up the tree of life m8.

How are corals or sponges animals? Just because its sessile and without sentience doesn't mean that its not closer to animals than plants
>>
>>853336
nawww, look up "thenoobforum" it is better and all of spitballjedi's shit is there
>>
>>861321
This guy is right. They are more "human" than you know.
>>
>>860516
>doesn't want a real job
>thinks growing opium poppy is a good idea
>>
>>861309
Yes it fucking is.

>Sterilize jar
>Place medium and spores into jar
>Add water and seal
>Set jar in a dark, warm place and wait

Ta-da, fucking 'shrooms.
>>
>>861070
Takes WAY too long.
>>
>>861302
I rather you KYS than do that
>>
>>852744
>basement tomatoes.
>mfw i soend over a grand tying to grow delicious tomatoe inside all last winter
>mfw all of them always get a few inches and die
>mfw find 2 seeds on floor, throw them outside on the ground, tomatoes grow.

What in the right holy fuck. In done.
>>
>>864087
Got to keep air circulation, the carpeting and furniture release gasses and organic compounds that are no bueno.
>>
>>852744
Except I can't find spores online anymore and my friend of friend connections won't give me any.
>>
>>852718
morel mushrooms maybe?
>>
File: saffron1-531867.jpg (61KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
saffron1-531867.jpg
61KB, 590x350px
>>852718
Saffron
Its literally worth its weight in gold
>>
>>867510
This. There's a kit at http://www.gmushrooms.com/Morel/index.htm but I dunno if they'll grow indoors, never tried. They're great for an outside grow though.
>>
File: 1474421889878.webm (88KB, 226x222px) Image search: [Google]
1474421889878.webm
88KB, 226x222px
>>
>>855642
As one of the co-writers of the DMT Handbook, Phalaris arundinacea typically contains more of the somewhat toxic 5-MeO-DMT analog than, say, Mimosa tenuiflora. That analog also isn't the best to trip on IMHO. And while the grass is EXTREMELY common and substrate would be easy to acquire in bulk, the *-DMT content is rather low so your input chemical cost is higher.

It's only worth it for your own experimentation, not for any sort of business.
>>
>>852718
The best thing to grow for profit would be your stock portfolio.

/biz/nessman here.
>>
>>867577
i hope this is a ruse because you would need acres upon acres and many workers to make any profit
>>
>>861317
Yes they are.

Mushrooms are closer to being people than plants because they do not get their energy from the sun, just like animals. They don't generate anything, they only feed off carbon from other living organisms (heterotrophs), like humans. Not to mention having chitin in their cell walls.

Mostly it's the way their cells behave and process food. It's just a lot similar to animals than it is to plants.
>>
File: bombyxmori.jpg (199KB, 900x663px) Image search: [Google]
bombyxmori.jpg
199KB, 900x663px
has anyone got any experience with silkmoths? Would producing homemade silk be profitable?
>>
>>864720
Ralphsters
>>
>>864087

You mean to say that plants grow outside? In the ground? Revolutionary.
>>
>>868021

cute lil guy
>>
>>868021
I watched this recently. It gives a nice little overview of what all is involved in raising silkworms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfUxDYRJJU
Seems like it might be kinda fun on a small scale. No idea about prices tho.
>>
ginseng, the only problem is You have to wait about 10 years before harvesting but at 100-900$ a pound...
>>
>>852744
What to google to learn how to grow?
>>
you will need many different supplies
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.