[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living off the grid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Living off the Grid for dummies

Please help. I need a guide to living off the grid. I currently live in a small town in North texas. What do I need to do, to become self sufficient?
>>
>What do I need to do, to become self sufficient

You need to learn to care for yourself. No mommy, no daddy ( not that you had one) no government aid. The only way for you to do that is to kys deep in the woods
>>
>>850952
Should I go with a hand gun or rifle? Last words suggestions?
>>
1. Learn to farm, learn what grows there and how to can food. I myself can alot of food because I have alot of fruit trees and apple sauce is THE FUCKING SHIT
2. Learn how to either hunt, trap or raise animals. I'd go with hunting and raising animals.
3. Learn how to build/maintain a house as well as how to use tools.
4. Learn to somehow earn a living (I'd suggest selling some animals for profits).
5. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>850960
If you are selling to people you arent really off the grid right?

Youd have to barter with hermits or something.
>>
>>850966
Eh, it all depends on what you count as "off the grid".
You can go from one side of the scale where you have a house/cabin powered by solar panels, while still interacting with society and using money, but only cash, never anything that leaves a paper trail like credit card.
To the extreme opposite end, where your dwelling is something you've constructed deep in the woods and you're totally isolated from society.
>>
>>850966
>he doesn't know what the grid is
>>
Curious, why do you want to go off grid? My opinion is that it's way easier to stay on grid. Are you prepping for some shtf event?
>>
>>851195
Not OP, but some people just aren't meant for society. We don't feel like we belong there. I'm preparing to go off grid myself.
>>
>>850943
>What do I need to do, to become self sufficient?
the irony is you're too lazy to do this research on your own and ask us to do it for you

if you were a self sufficient man you'd have found way better reading material about this subject on your own by now, instead of waiting for anons on one of 4chans slowest board to give their 2 cents, with very varying results.

tl;dr: just google it
>>
You can't go off the grid in a small town in N. Texas. There are no big expanses of woods or wilderness. Everything is owned, and thus even if you had a place you would still be paying taxes and to me, that means you are on the gird.

Now, if you are talking about just becoming as self sufficient as possible and growing your own food, using fire for heat, etc...that is somewhat more do-able.
>>
I plan on doing something similar once I save up enough and figure out what u want to do after college.
But, buy some land where food grows well and it doesn't get to hot or to cold
Unless you like that stuff
Use solar panels for power, they don't cost to much to get enough if you don't use a lot of power
Hook up your water system to a well, girlfriends grandfather did this and it is very nice
Heating and air will be used sparingly and powered by the panels
Know how to get and store fire wood, hunt, raise animals, and farm
Past that, it's up to you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.