[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/Doors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Wadup my /out/ people I wanna dedicate this thread for people to post their SHTF or what ever you wanna call it bag. I know this but I still need to add more to mine, and I do have a 20 Degree sleeping bag but it's currently in use, and I have more knives than I do room in it, and it also comes with a 2L water bag inside.
>>
needs more knives
>>
I usually only use 1 large knife, 1 pocket knife, and an extra knife in reserve
>>
>>850828
>only 3
>>
I don't always prepare a shtf bag, but when I do I include all the knives and none of the food.
>>
xD I know I need more food and less knives.
>>
>>850818
>hatchet with metal handle
Trade that for a wooden handle (get a decent Swedish brand if possible) if you fuck up your metal handle that's it but you can replace wood with another
>>
>>850847
> metal doesn't break
> carving a wooden handle

Ok Daniel Boone.
>>
You look like you're preparing for a situation where your only problem is close quarters combat where no one has access to firearms, but fuel and food is abundant,
>>
>>850818

7 knives and not a single good one.

You're doing something wrong.
>>
No compass? Map? GPS? No rope/cord? No raincoat? No lighter? Just one small flsshlight and no head mounted light? No pen and paper?

In this case SHTF = Specifically Horrible, Torturous Fate -bag
>>
>>850855
If you don't think that that hollow metal shaft can bend, you're dim. Also, not hard to make a handle.
>>
>>850855
the reason you dont use metal is reverberation
>>
>>850869
I've never broken a metal handle.

I've broken wooden handles.
> plural
>>
>>850873
My metal handles act like tuning forks that cancel vibrations.
>>
>>850874
i dont believe you. but ahead, you surely know more than men of the craft
>>
>>850843
>xD
>brass knuckles

Kys underage fag
>>
>>850876
a tuning fork is very literally and precisely what you dont want for a handle. you want the wood to be a poor conductor, this way more force is applied to the intertia of the axe head. metal is a very fair conductor and you will take the force of the blow. resulting in a poorer cut and number hands
>>
>>850818
lol you really should sell something from your csgo inventory
>>
>>850818
>neck knife
>brass knuckles
You gonna dual wield those bad boys against a bear or something?
If you have a hatchet and bowie knife why pack the extra weight?

Also if you actually plan on using that little aluminum mess kit skillet thing don't touch the handle while it's on the fire unless you enjoy second degree burns.
>>
>>850818
7 knives, no water bottle

you need to think again lad
>>
>>850970
He does sat in text his bag has a water bladder.

If you're going to shit post at least read your topic first.
>>
File: RoastedByPapa.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
RoastedByPapa.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>850818
>a bunch of shitty knives
>a single brass knuckle
>unused equipment
>one flashlight
>messkit and hatchet look like they've witnessed the /out/doors
>nothing for water
>nothing for fire-starting
>no rope/line
>no med-kit
>no emergency equip
>HILLARY?? Da fuq?

17yr old knife collector who loves "camping"/10
/out/ harder faggot
>>
>hillary

If I see your tent I will use my single knife to slit a hole in the side, piss into it in the middle of the night and scream PEPE before legging it.
>>
>>851040
this
>>
File: Shit.png (4MB, 1333x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
4MB, 1333x1800px
I know i'm missing some shit, I'm currently working on purchasing more gear for my /out/ings. But based on what you see, aside from things like food, TP, and actual water. What other shit do I need to get?
>>
File: 1470358818585.jpg (447KB, 736x2350px) Image search: [Google]
1470358818585.jpg
447KB, 736x2350px
what does SHTF stand for?
>>
>>852639
Something happened, that's funny
>>
>>850868
This.
>>
>>850868
/thread

If I ever came across you in a shtf situation I'd kill the shit out of you.

>brass knuckles
>no water
>walmart and mall ninja tier equipment
>no food
>>
>>851021
>shitposting

>2L bladder
>no purification system
Does not a water supply, make
>>
File: backcountry_survival_pod.jpg (69KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
backcountry_survival_pod.jpg
69KB, 900x900px
I woke up from a nap and saw this thread so I decided to do an inventory on what I call my "earthquake bag". Made a few updates and additions. Just as I finish repacking the bag we had a 4.0 earthquake. Pic is in no way related.
>>
>>850874
>I've broken wooden handles.
you're supposed to hit the wood with the metal head, not the handle of an axe/hatchet
>>
File: b8.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>850818
b8
>>852653
really? i wouldn't even bother. there is nothing of use in OP pack.
>>
>>850818
>3 piece camoflage storm suit

What's that
>>
>>852687
His multiple knives can still be used, just only for shit you dont want to dull your own blade on.
>>
>>850822
kek
>>850828
this.
>>850862
this
>>850934
burns are gonna happen.
>>850970
thiiiiis.
>>851040
>Hillary X D
>>
>>850818

What is eith the shitty knives? Wtf do you got a karambit? Do you ever step outside, or are you just playing cs go all the time?
>>
>>850874

Prob cause you're a retard.
>>
>>852607

Every thing looks way to new.
>>
>>850888
I died
>>
File: ultralight.jpg (107KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ultralight.jpg
107KB, 500x375px
>>852975
Most of it is. It's not like I haven't used it, but I haven't gotten enough chances for it to make a mark on it yet.
At the moment I'm slowly getting back into going /out/. was a scout from the age of 5 until I turned Eagle at 18. Now I'm 22, working, and haven't really had the time to go on trips. But now that I'm replacing some of my shitty old gear and still using some of the old stuff that works like new, I'm remembering why I loved doing this kind of stuff in the first place. Plus. it's nice to have something to look forward to after working 9 hours a day. Looking up places, planning the trip, checking out gear online and in stores, and actually getting out and doing the shit. It's nice being happy again.
>>
>>850880
/thread
>>
>>850818
post a pic with all that in the bag
>>
>>852607
>mallet
>kettle
>axe
>big knife
>tiny bag
what do you do /out/? why carry such few things, yet so many (heavy) unnecessary things?
>>
>>850868
How likely will GPS continue to function in SHTF?
>>
>>853203
>mallet
Good for nailing down tent posts and if I needed to use a bit more force with the hatchet
>kettle
It's actually smaller than the picture makes it, weights next to nothing, and it's nice to put little gear like my firemaking kit in
>hatchet
Pretty self explanatory
>knife
Like the kettle, the picture actually makes it look bigger than it is, the blade is only about 3inches and the handle maybe 3 and a half
>backpack
I got it because it had a pretty decent size while not being incredibly big and bulky. I can get the big shit strapped to the outside and what I need to carry on the inside. Like the hatchet it's kinda self explanatory.

And when I go out, I usually like to backpack into an area to setup, so I tend to hike a few miles away from wherever I start. Plus, the stuff I own doesn't actually weigh a whole lot, and once I get it packed up the way I like it, it's an easy carry.
>>
>>853225
Just use the back of the hatchet instead of lugging a mallet around.
>>
>>850818
ozark trail.... Nigga, you are going to die
>>
>>853206
Military. Plus, afterall, they are satalites suspended in space, producing their own power. But you could be right, since they could also lock it away from civilian usage. But unlikely.
>>
>>855078
GPS uses ground stations, its not 100% satellite to satellite communication. That being said, there are many types of possible SHTF, most of which arent going to involve global soceital shutdown.
>>
File: 20160914_190648.jpg (775KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160914_190648.jpg
775KB, 2048x1152px
First time camping. I'm getting around to purchasing things for my eventual camping trip I know I need water purification (was thinking about a Sawyer mini) and i have a flashlight and headlamp that I can't find right now.
>>
>>857228
Get rid of the hand warmers, and your water bottle. Get a stainless steel water bottle. Heat bottle, put in wool sock. Better hand warmer, reusable, and much less garbage /wrappers.

I'd get rid of the packaging for your mylar blanket too. They come pretty compact as is. If you're bringing a sleeping bag/mat, it's kind of a useless point bringing it at all, though, as you already are bringing blankets?

Two sporks and two knives is redundant. Also you have too many fire starting ways. Does your stove have an automatic ignition for it? If so, that's a way to start a fire, and bring one more as back up.

In my experience, a decent camera is much more useful than binoculars. I've never used mine any time while /out/ but maybe you bird watch or some shit.

Great start to your pack so far. I'm not giving recommendation for "omglightweightwtf" just giving you ideas of ways you can make more space to take things you're not showing. Mostly food water and clothing, which let's you stay /out/ longer.

I'd also recommend a good sleeping Mat, then slowly start upgrading your gear one piece at a time. Probably starting with your tent.
>>
>>850818
Holy moley OP your kit is legit WalMart - more than half the knives, the pack, the tent, cookware, etc. I'm going to tell you what's wrong, what's right, and how to improve.

>Ozark Trail Tent
Don't ever buy Ozark Trail. I've had 2 or 3 of their tents in my youth, and they've all been SUPER shit. They are heavy as fuck, a pain in the ass to pack out, and most have very bad leaking / condensation problems in rainy / cold weather. I still have one that I let friends use when they don't have their own, and the only reason I have it is because I've modified it heavily. Here's some tips on mods if you intend to keep it: go out and buy some 5 minute epoxy, set up your tent and epoxy EVERY seam in the tent - this is where I've had the worst leaking problems in Ozarks. Once the epoxy is really nice and dry, try spraying the seams with a hose to see if any leaks happen. Once you're done, roll up everything together and tie it down with paracord. Don't waste your time attempting to stuff it back in the bag.

>Ozark Trail backpack
That shit's gunna wear out on you after 5 outings. I know it's SHTF, but in a situation where SHTF you're gunna want the best you can get.

>Knives
As stated in this thread, cut the fuck down on that. Realisitically you'll only need a large knife, and a small one - preferably from a multitool.

>Hatchet
I can tell that is a walmart camping section hatchet, replace it with something a bit nicer from a hardware store. If you have the money, get a $50~ Husqvarna hatchet from Amazon, very great quality for the price. The problem with you hatchet is it is sold dull, and doesn't retain an edge worth a damn.

>All these pots and pans, but no food
get some grub son. You can get Idahoan potatoes and ramen, cheap stuff that's light and will fill you up!

>get water purification tablets
>get area map
>get bivvy roll
>make tinder box
>get lighter, matches, and ferro rod
>hammock and tarp if you're alone
>sleepingbag
>>
>>857628
>>850818

Oh yeah, one more thing.

>Toilet paper or wipes
You'll thank me later, trust. Never go without a roll.
>>
>>850878
>men of the craft

Wat?
>>
>>850855

Those Coghlan axes are nig tier.

It'll break the first time to try to use it.
>>
File: 10 cents.jpg (186KB, 1793x577px) Image search: [Google]
10 cents.jpg
186KB, 1793x577px
>>850818
Nice try shill
>>
>>857228
I would suggest a bandanna for filtering and an all stainless steel water bottle for boiling if you'll be camping where water can be found readily. I use a Klean Kanteen 40oz because I couldn't find any other steel water bottle that wasn't insulated. I also have some chlorine tablets and a lifestraw but haven't used them because I just boil all my water
>>
you might want to get some mole skin in case of blisters, I know it's been helpful for me .
>>
>>853231
Or a stout logbranch if you're bashing the hatchet.
>>
>>861271
This. Bandanna or clean washcloth to filter dirt and sand. Then boil in a steel container to eliminate microbial shit that could otherwise kill you. If you're really paranoid, add tablets afterwords. Primarily just check around your water source for carcasses or fogginess.
>>
>>852607
that plastic bag??? squared stones???
>>
>>850818
Ah yes, the "I just used my entire Wal mart gift card" bug out bag kit
>>
>>850818
>Shtf
>No gun

I have an ar15 I built, a compact concealed IWB, and a full sized pistol with an open carry holster I'd all be wearing if S did HTF, and probably give someone in my family my mossberg 500.

The best thing you could possibly do would be take all your close family and friends and every nonperishable food item you can fit in your packs and head to a northern mountain and wait it out with a windable radio. If you live in the city and you're not in a gang your pretty much dead already if all organized law suddenly decayed.
>>
File: WP_20160620_005.jpg (3MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160620_005.jpg
3MB, 3552x2000px
Here's my old setup for multi-day hikes. Have updated/added/removed a little since then. Also, I rarely carry both the guns, usually just the handgun (CZ m82).
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here is my kit, what should I add to it out? I know a tent of some kind (found a pattern to make one on the make your own thread so I wanna give it a shot) a tarp, any recomendations on canteens? Anything I'm missing?
>>
lotta shiny never used gear in this thread lol
>>
>>865339
looks heavy as fuck.
>>
>>865350
You have tent pegs but no tent? da fuck?
Brand new, disorganised medkit
Stolen mom's pits and pans with plastic (fire will melt!)
Needlessly heavy food selection, loads of plastic to pollute the world with.
Canned goods, WHYYY
Candles, wut
CAMP SOAP, WHYYY
Sawyer memes, WHYYY

5/10,

Actually go outside and do things rather than prepare items for going outside "oneday". If you're going to prep all these items, I sure hope you put equal effort into making sure you're sutiably clothed for the environment you'll be in.

Also your axe handle needs care.
>>
>>865350
Actually not that bad, although no shelter/ sleep gear and nothing for water. 7.5/10 needs a bit more.
>>
>>865495
>Sawyer memes
I think you're confused. What do you honestly think is a better all-purpose water filter than a Sawyer?
>>
>>850818
>SHTF

>brass knuckles
>rainbow knife and a bunch of other shitty knives

is that the shit that hit the fan?
>>
>>865554
I have a nalgeen plastic canteen and a camel back for a combined 3.5 litres of water (not in the picture) and I'm in the market for new tents my, old one is with my parents who only ever used it to let my brothers camp in the yard but dont want to part with it, which is okay by me sonce it is 20+ pounds and like a 4-6 person tent, so currently I have a tarp some bug netting and a walmart tier sleeping bag. But I'm poor so not able to buy tents and bags right now.
>>
>>865495
I agree the pot needs to be replaced, I bought it a while back, I'm looking at getting an all metal one that I can hang over a fire when need be, not sure why you say the medkit is new, I have had it a few years now and its gotten semi regular use and comes with me into the bush and such.

The filter is a bit kf a shit meme I know, bought it my first time in the apilacians with a buddy and his parents, they had a filter, I thought "i need me one of those" so instead of a nice human usable one I bought a shilled meme.

The axe does need care, i am thinking of remaking a handle myself for it, its an old axe and I fixed the axe head but havent had a chance to do the handle. (Moved from a small town to the city for school)
>>
>>865746
Oh and the soap is because on a camp trip a friend of a friend came in our group, bought a fuck load of gear including the soap, and decided "not for me" and I ended up getting it for some reason, and to me its negligable weight so why not have a way to wash my filthy hands.
>>
>>850818
> karambit and rainbow knife
unsure if meme or autism
>>
File: 2400 calorie brick.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2400 calorie brick.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
Get a couple of these for your y'alls kits.
>>
File: billy.jpg (110KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
110KB, 764x1024px
Best pot I've used over a fire is a billy with a lid and a bail. If you've got a little room to spare, maybe throw in a pot grabber too. Otherwise, just snag the bail with a stick to lift it out of the coals. You don't want a pot with a rigid handle. Takes up too much room. Also, chances are good there's going to be some material on the handle that will catch fire or melt off.
>>
Pot grabber/jaws.
>>
File: pot jaws.jpg (13KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
pot jaws.jpg
13KB, 355x355px
Whoops. Pot jaws.
>>
>>865807

Dont listen to this retard. They weigh too much and dont deserve a space in your bag.
>>
File: 1466372141563.jpg (101KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1466372141563.jpg
101KB, 1252x1252px
>mfw ozark trail
>>
>>865809
I was actually looking at a 2.5 qt just like that to order soon. So if you recomend it and I was thinking of it, it seems like its a good choice. (I assume this was mesnt for me?)

And just remembering to, the pegs are just helpful, putting guy lines from tarps, helpinh hold a bear bag up, and I use 4 to hold up a pot for cooking so it sits just above my stove.
>>
>>865884
>I use 4 to hold up a pot for cooking so it sits just above my stove.
Four is a wobbly number, have you tried it with three?
>>
File: jNQv.jpg (44KB, 487x600px) Image search: [Google]
jNQv.jpg
44KB, 487x600px
>>853136

This post here gave me a feeling i haven't felt in a long time. Is that what people call warmth?
>>
>>857228

That tent will fail on you.
>>
File: o52RK.jpg (225KB, 606x602px) Image search: [Google]
o52RK.jpg
225KB, 606x602px
>>865871

Shit will do, brand whore.
>>
>>865897
Is 3 better? I assumed 4 would have more balance than 3 i'll have to try it then! Thanks anon!
>>
>>865870
If your SHTF/BOB bag sits on a shelf twelve months out of the year, weight isn't an issue. If you end up actually needing the thing, you'll be eating the food while you're on the move, so that weight will diminish rapidly. It has a long shelf life. You will need the calories while "bugging out" to wherever. I'm not suggesting that people use that garbage for casual /out food. It's BOB chow. Also, pack a few Vivarin or other caffeine pills. You might need to stay awake for a night or two until you evac to a safe enough distance to pitch your tent or make a fire or whatever. Depending on where you're bugging out to and what kind of dangerous urban areas you have to traverse to get to your haven.
>>
Speaking of which, what is the purpose of your SHTF bag? Do you have a place you plan to bug out to? Or is it just a general evac bag? Are there specific natural disasters your area is prone to? The contents of your bag will have a lot to do with what its purpose is. If you only have to travel 150 miles to your buddy's cabin up in the hills, what's between you and the cabin? Things like that. If we knew more about your master plan, we could give better advice.
>>
>>850818
>walmart shit tier

buy some used shit if you can't afford decent new stuff. The surplus slav bloc cook set is the only decent thing you own.
>>
File: kelty.jpg (9KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
kelty.jpg
9KB, 360x360px
Is this a good combo?
kelty ignite 20 sleeping bag
klymit static V2 pad
>>
>>850818
I like the gold leek very /out/
>>
File: 1400430101979.gif (1017KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1400430101979.gif
1017KB, 500x700px
>>866533
Yeah.

Make sure to bring a fallback, since the kymit things are known to fail and hard to repair on the go.

I have a 3mm evazote mat, 50cm * 190 cm, fits right under it for protection. If the klymit fails, i double layer the evazote mat and use clothes for my head and the backpack for my legs.

Works fine. So basically, my infating mat is for comfort only.
>>
>>852607
Any reason you carry A FUCKING MALLET around in the woods?
>>
>>853225
>mallet
>Good for nailing down tent posts and if I needed to use a bit more force with the hatchet
And it has never occurred to you that a hatchet has a hammer poll?
>>
>>861268
Well Edmund Hillary was quite the badass man that does deserve shilling
>>
>>865350
Well aside from getting a fixed blade knife, taking care for you ax (oil the handle) and making a sheath/edge cover for it, you seem to be pretty well off.
>>
>>850822
They're gonna die day one without at least 2 more
>>
>>865339
Ooh I like that for a SHTF bag. Not really my style for backpacking though. IMO you should add a good fixed blade
>>
>>850855
Mellinials. Can you drive a manual transmission?
>>
>>850874
Then you don't know how to use an ax.
>>
>>865809
Pardon my ignorance, what is the make and model of that pot?
>>
>>865912
Just think about how common tripods are.
>>
File: IMG_1454.jpg (427KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.jpg
427KB, 1080x1920px
>>867906
I actually just finished restoring my fathers knife from when he was a teen up north, so I have a fixed blade, and my ax has a cover i just took it off there. And I havent oiled the handle since I need to replace it (its slightly loose now)
Pictured, restored knife.
>>867928
you have enlightened me anon, I will tripod.
>>
File: 1002161109.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1002161109.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
All my shit
>>
>>868265
eyy.
That a lynx 1?
>>
>>850818
Those Coughlin's axes are worthless.
>>
>>868371
The Coleman one looks the same. Not sure how similar the weight/feel is though. Could be eggsactly the same thing or they could be differenct. And it might not be good but it's not "worthless". Even as a weapon it's useful.
>>
File: IMG_0971.jpg (1023KB, 3772x1488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.jpg
1023KB, 3772x1488px
>>852663
I see a lot of those and as cringey as they are, they are small and might actually be worth throwing in the backpack or glove box for somebody with the knowledge to actually survive for 48hrs before SAR finds them.
>>
I'll piggyback off this thread instead of making another one.

I'm looking to start getting into overnight backpacking. Trying to find a reasonably priced 3 season tent--1 to 2 person is fine by me, as long as it's under 3lbs. Looking to see if anyone has anything they'd like to recommend.
>>
Recent acquisition.

I was in the market for one anyway. Stopped by Wal-Mart on a fishing supply run and this popped out at me.
>Ozark Trail
I'm quite aware. Just took this thing on a three day trip though and was pleasantly surprised. Likely one of my better $35 purchases as of late.
>>
>>868417
I've considered one of those but since I mostly hammock I decided to keep my investment all in one place (hammock, tarp, underquilt) and skip the tent supplies.

And the people ITT shitting on OP and certain brands in general are being totally shitty and missing the point. You can buy whatever you want, so why do you require someone else to buy things of the same price and aesthetic as you? Fuck don't even propagate that shit, it totally ruins out and makes you look like a loser.
>>
File: P1010808-001.jpg (198KB, 912x684px) Image search: [Google]
P1010808-001.jpg
198KB, 912x684px
Anyone have experience with Wild Country's Zephryos tents? My trigger finger is itching to buy one.
>>
>>867926
Sorry, I don't know. Just a generic billy pot image I found.
>>
File: 16331588020_863923d020_z.jpg (245KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
16331588020_863923d020_z.jpg
245KB, 640x360px
>>868265
Looks cozy in my eyes.
>>
File: IMG_20160904_092222-small.jpg (1011KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160904_092222-small.jpg
1011KB, 2016x1512px
>>868371
Disagree. Not high end, thats for sure. It'll do for common small axe tasks.

>>868417
I have a Thermarest prolite plus, which is like yours. Mine is a bitt less wide with 51 cm, but lighter, so yeah.

These things are so comfy if you are a sidesleeper! Also, and this should fit yours as well, Thermarest has two seat-addons, one lighter, one heavier and a bit cheaper.

Pic related, it's the lighter seat and it's great after 10 hours hiking.

So all in all, i would buy again and can only recommend them to people that want to upgrade from a foam mat and have some dough. In my case, 120€ for the mat and 40€ for the seat.

>>868424
Agreed. Brandwhoring has got to stop.

>>868443
Looks neat, but it surely is not freestanding, which i think is one of the most important features of a tent. Also, you want to pitch the rainfly first when it rains. Make sure that is possible if you intend to get /out/ in bad weather.
>>
>>868586
> It'll do for common small axe tasks.

For a very short time. The steel is so soft the edge goes blunt from chopping spalted pine and cottonwood.

There are other cheap hatchets out there that actually work for more that 5 chops. Ex:

Collins Hunter's Axe............$15
Ace Hammer Hatchet..........$15
Ludell Camp Axe.................$16
Swedish Milsurp Hatchet......$20
Craftsman Half-Hatchet........$24
Etc.

The Coughlin's/Coleman cheap ass camp hatchets aren't worth it.
>>
>>868593

Any thoughts on Husqvarna's hatchets?
https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-13-Inch-Wooden-Hatchet-576926401/dp/B004VLKLJE
>>
>>868586
comfy despite the road
>>
>>852663
NO. Fucking no.
O.
>>
>>868586
Add a couple bouillon cubes Mr.Lite!
>>
File: IMG_20160904_114332.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160904_114332.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>869533
>>869547
This was in Laguno, Switzerland, sunday morning:

www.google.de/maps/place/45%C2%B059'59.8%22N+8%C2%B056'39.7%22E/@45.999936,8.9421643,764m

I was stuck in Laguno because of a train situation and didn't want to spend money for a hotel, so i went to the nearest park. I could see the empty parking lot from above and decided to sleep there.

Use 3d view, it's an awesome site with an awesome view. Pic related.

It was a very comfy spot and a comfy seat. No proper breakfast, because i didn't have anything better than prepackaged bread, cereal bars and coffee.
>>
File: IMG_20160904_123333.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160904_123333.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>868666
Looks good, shipping seems pricey.

Pic is Laguno still.
>>
>>869874
>>868586
>>869874
>this guy is Muh_Outdoors tripfag
top lelel
>>
File: 1474343401937.gif (191KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1474343401937.gif
191KB, 200x183px
>>869883
So, captain obvious? BTW, note how i used Muh_Outdoors only in one thread (unless i forgot to remove it somewhere else). Try to guess why.

Also: learn the difference between namefag and tripfag.

You'll do fine, sport, i know it.
>>
I prefer to keep my ass in the southern United States, so im mostly worried about food and water. Clothes and shelter dont take up much space, and i use my machete for chopping wood. I plan for an extended stay out there though, so i hawl about 45 pounds.

>machete, carving knife, skinning knife, multi tool, foldable shovel and folding saw.
>jacket, toboggan and gloves for winter. Rain pants and poncho for wet days.
>tarp, cookery, fire starters, cordage and wire, water storage, navagation, 2 weeks worth of food and ill catch the rest.
>first aid kit, variaty of sewing kits, fishing kits, quite a bit of cloth

Im sure im missing something off the top of my head, but im not emptying my pack to find out. There really isnt a lot of thuff you need to survive. And of youre worried about SHTF, then plan to be out for more than a couple of weeks.
>>
>>869919
>a fucking yuropoor giving advice about /out/
again, top lel
>>
File: 1442600217760.jpg (101KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1442600217760.jpg
101KB, 500x449px
>>869931
faggotfag, lurk more
>>
>>868417
>2.25kg
fuck, put it in the bin f,am
>>
File: 3GQpv.gif (253KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
3GQpv.gif
253KB, 350x233px
>>869940
you have to go back... to your """"""""""""outdoors"""""""""""""
>>
>>869940
>interested in /out/
>Alaska and Colorado arent a part of your country

What purpose do you even have for living?
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.