[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bird in Distress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: bird0.1.jpg (5MB, 2706x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bird0.1.jpg
5MB, 2706x2000px
So I found this bird in the road a few hours back. I was certain, had he stayed there, he would get dead. Originally I was riding my bike, and got close to him thinking he was a pine cone or something. Turns out he was a bird of course. So I looked at him to see what his deal was. As far as I can make out, he can move and chirp, but he doesn't move far, or well, and has a broken wing. Mind you, this is all assumption from a guy that knows shit all about birds.

He keeps staring up at this tree and chirping, and that's just it. I tried slicing open a water bottle to the bottom so he had a small water dish, but he refuses to drink from it, and seems afraid of me. I've come back to check on him a few times. I picked him up and moved him off the road, about 5 feet from the road into the grass behind my neighbor's outer fence. I feel like he's just going to die no matter what, and probably not well. It makes me feel shitty and somehow responsible for some reason. What should I do?
>>
File: bird1.1.jpg (4MB, 2052x1528px) Image search: [Google]
bird1.1.jpg
4MB, 2052x1528px
That first picture was one of the first times I visited him, and this second one is a little later before moving him, though he seemed really agitated, I think a car scared him or something.
>>
Oh. And he took a couple shits after being moved. Looks white with a blue cap. Weirdest shit I've seen.
>>
File: 1455466038251.png (112KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
1455466038251.png
112KB, 294x256px
I once accidentally intentionally shot a bird out of a tree with a BB gun when i was kid.
I mean, i intentionally shot at it, but i didn't really consider that i was actually going to hit it. It fell out of the tree like a stone. I just stood there with my mouth open for a good minute and then had a look around to check no one witnessed my heinous crime less i have kill them with my BB gun too. The bird looked dead as fuck. I was already considering how i'm going to explain this one at the gates of heaven, then suddenly the little fucker just jumped up and flew off like nothing happened.
>>
>>850814
What the fuck? But seriously, that doesn't help me.
If it comes to it, I might need to get a clean shot with my air rifle, because I don't want it getting eaten or something worse if it can't survive anyway.

I seriously don't know what to do.
>>
>>850807
looks like blackbird fledgling to me give it to a cat
>>
>>850816
i'm trying to say he's maybe just in shock.
put him somewhere shaded and quiet and he might fly away, or a cat will eat him. either way it's problem solved, dr doolittle.
>>
It probably fell out of a nest in the tree it was looking up at you stupid fuck. Either climb up there and put it back or leave it alone. It'll die or it won't.
>>
File: 1463071652902.jpg (10KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
1463071652902.jpg
10KB, 266x189px
>>850820
I just don't want the poor fucker to suffer. It bothers me that he might, that's all. I assume he was in shock earlier, and him being where he is should have him much safer and in peace for the immediate future, but again I think he has a broken wing. He tries walking a little but it's more like a hop and tumble and only one of his wings ever flings out in support, the other one just stays closed indefinitely.

>>850821
You think I didn't assume that? It's a tall fucking tree in my brand new neighbor's yard. Not sure where in the damn tree the nest even is. This fucker got a mother? Why doesn't the mother help? Are mother birds this shitty?
>>
>>850824
>Are mother birds this shitty?
Yes.
The mother probably pushed it out of the tree.
thats nature for ya.
>>
File: 1458922692903-1.jpg (49KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1458922692903-1.jpg
49KB, 722x349px
>>850825
What a fucking cunt. God damn. That's extremely fucking shitty. Maybe I should shoot that bitch first, and graze the wing before killing her.

>tfw sympathize with bird because my mother pushed me out of my "tree" too and left me for dead due to retarded and illogical personal reasons and hatred of my father
>>
just raise it, it's not hard. all you have to do is feed it and train it to shit in a litterbox. if it dies from the broken wing, thats sad but at least you did your best - you can't help any more than that.
>>
>>850833
>just raise it
That's pretty hard mate.
>>
I'm naming him Charlie. Charlie is now officially dead, and was taken care of in the quickest way possible to cease his pain and prevent a significantly worse death.

I take no pride in writing this.
>>
>>850851
It would have been simple to raise it- fledglings grow fast.

It could have simply fallen out of the nest or been kicked out by a parasitic bird like cowbirds.

It could have easily survived.
>>
File: Untitled.png (156KB, 1664x897px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
156KB, 1664x897px
>>850807
>>850809
>it is like 2007 all over again
>>
>>850816

If you decide to feed it I can offer a tip.

To get it to open its mouth, hold two fingers together and poke its beak between them. Be careful not to feed it too much at once. The craw fills up quick.
>>
>>850864

Oh. Nvm. Rip in piece Charlie.
>>
eat it
>>
>>850807
Didn't read the whole thread. Did you cum on it yet?
>>
File: 1472934544850.jpg (55KB, 348x344px) Image search: [Google]
1472934544850.jpg
55KB, 348x344px
>>
>ITT: autistic kid kills a baby bird out of "mercy" (excuse to kill something and feel like you're somehow a good person) instead of either just leaving it alone or moving it into the shade
>>
>>850811
Birds poop and pee at once. The blue crap is probably a local berry of some sort.

Worse comes to worse, just curb stomp it.
>>
>>850879
Not only did I spill my coffee laughing at this but I also realized this is a perfectly legitimate question in 4Chan.

Good one.
>>
File: 1468516289783.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468516289783.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>850899
I left it alone for hours, including after moving it into the shade. It refused to move and was very clearly injured badly. By coincidence I had a relative visit that knew much more about animals, and told me it should be put out of it's misery. I didn't even kill it myself. =D
>>
>>850904
>Worse comes to worse, just curb stomp it.
i have found a baby bird like that too once.
i felt sorry for it. so i tried to save it. i put it in a cage and tried to give it water and food. but it got real ill. apparently you can't feed birds that young with live mealworms because they don't know how to kill them. it ate them voraciously at first then later refused and looked real sick. the horroistic mental image of the worms with their hard claws and mandibles wrecking havoc in the bally and chewing it up from the inside was a bit too much.
i wanted to be gentle and quick. so i tried to break it's neck by twisting it around but it was surprisingly flexible then i tried to crush the spine but even tho it popped the bird didn't die it just looked even more miserable. i felt kinda sick betraying a small and vulnerable things trust like that so i ended up putting it on the floor and stomping on it's head crushing it flat. then it stopped moving.
man i'm not touching these things again.
>>
>>851157
Jeez all you had to do was puree the worms and baby would have been fine.
Smash it up with a fork....
>>
It's not injured or in distress. It either fell out of the nest by accident or it fell out while learning how to fly. The mom is most likely near by watching it. Just put it near its tree and leave it alone.
>>850851
I now just saw this and wanted to tell you you're an absolute idiot. It didn't need to die. You should've just left it alone.
My parents breed birds and I've raised plenty. You would've been making a mistake raising it yourself and you sure as hell fucked up by killing it.
To all of you saying just raise the bird, you probably don't know how much time/ supervision/ care is involved.
>>
>>850814
When I was a kid my friends and I would shoot 20ish rabbits in one night and cut them open and pile them up at the beginning of the trailhead to freak out normies.
Dont be a bitch dude
>>
>>851329
>Dont be a bitch
This.

I have a few pellet guns tucked away in my closet. My mom always hated them but would always give in and let me get them when I promised they were just for target practice.

One day when I was probably like 14, we had a nest of baby bunners in the backyard and there were a couple big crows sitting in the tree right above it eyeing them. My mom didn't want the bunners to get eaten, so she told me to go "scare" the crows away. One shot and I drop a big ass crow out of a tree probably 30' up and she freaked the fuck out but I could tell she was secretly happy I took out the crow.
>>
>>850814
2/10
>>
>>850807
by the way: its a BABY , Precocial
>>
>>850827
it is your destiny to care for this bird. should you fail the only honorable solution is to commit sudoku.
>>
>>850827
You can't expect it to sacrifice energy for an already lost cause when she has other children to feed. Fag
>>
I had something similar happen with a nest of robins last year. two of the baby chicks kept flining their bodies out of their nest and off the ledge onto our balcony below. I put them back in their nest several times but they wouldn't stay. they had no ability to fly but they still wanted to be free. After trying and trying to make them stay I had to let them do what they wanted. I woke up the next day to two dead babies robins in my driveway after they an suicided off the balcony. rip birdo's
>>
Didn't we just have a mercy kill thread, at least this time he didn't bash is head with a fucking rock
>>
>>850816
>I seriously don't know what to do.
Have you tried NOT being a faggot? It works wonders.
>>
what kind of nigger birds are breeding in fall?
>>
>>851645
maybe he is strayan
>>
>>850824
>I just don't want the poor fucker to suffer
He won't, cats love to eat the head first
>>
>>851329
Here's the psycho guys. Killing animals for fun and not eating them. Not only one but 20 kill yourself next time.
>>
>this thread
It's a fledgeling. It's supposed to be out of the nest you fags. Just leave it alone. The parents are nearby and will keep feeding it until it's able to fly.
/an/ frowns upon you
>>
>>850824
>Why doesn't the mother help?
How is the mother supposed to get it back up there?
>>
>>850851
Lol I hope you feel proud. You killed a baby bird that was learning to fly.
>>
File: 030615_red_mcinnes_640.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
030615_red_mcinnes_640.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>850807
If you can kill a bird you should. If it cant escape you, its already in the process of a long painful death.

Stomp him fast.
>>
>>854434
that's bullshit when i was a kid and still touched every kind of nasty shit i caught birds with bare hands often enough. they were not sick just dumb. but maybe i should have killed them darwin and all.
>>
>>851329
we did the same with roadkill.
nailing all kinds of carcasses to the trees along a trail.

was fun as fuck
this even got in the local news and police was investigating because they assumed some crazy cult activities.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.