[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 man tents for under 150£

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: banshee-200.jpg (134KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
banshee-200.jpg
134KB, 700x800px
Can anyone help me /out/? I'm looking for recommendations or personal experience on this sort of tents. I'm 1,76 and usually hike around the pyrenees and potentially alps

Ideally:
>less than 150£
>less than 2,5 Kg
>actually fits 2 people which could at least sit comfortably inside
>usable porch for cooking
>actually waterproof ground (I´ve read that the Banshee 200 struggles with this)
>good ventilation for reduced or non existent condensation

I´ve got in mind something like the Vango Banshee 200, the Zephyros II from Terra Nova or the Gossamer II from Jack Wolfskin but I'm undecided and lack experience on this sort of tents to make a move.
>>
You're going to want a 3 person tent to "comfortably" fit 2 people in it. Especially if you're thinking of a girl, because you're both going to want to face the same way, and torso/Arms take up a wider space than legs.

I rock a 2 person tent when I go solo. I'm 6'3" and have to find the sweet spot angle to keep my feet or head from touching the tent wall, and collecting condensation on my down sleeping bag.

Other than tall problems, my tent is perfect size. I keep all my gear that I don't want wet in the extra space, and the rest of my pack/boots under the vestibule.

I can say for certain there is no way you could fit another body in there comfortably. Not even a child sized body.

That being said, look into a eureka midori 3. I believe it will meet your budget and weight.
>>
>>850648
The tent looks pretty solid, cheers!
Which one do you use? I'm looking for a 2 man tent because I mostly hike with just one mate atm, realistically I wouldn`t mind having to sleep on my side because otherwise we don´t fit and luckily he´s quite short anyway
>>
So I´ve been having a look at the european page of Eureka! and I'm pretty sure they renamed it to KeeGo (which sounds extremely stupid), the price of 150 pounds seems a bit to steep for the final weight at 2,6 Kg although I like the dimensions I could settle for something smaller and lighter, any other American companies or companies not so well known that might have quality products?
>>
>>850653
I'm using the midori 2. Got it in clearance for 80$usd. Eureka makes a whole slew of lightweight tents at similar price. Find which ones right for you. You may want a duel door one for two people. And like I said before. I would really go with the 3 man for 2 people.

I've had mine for 5 seasons now, taken it on probably 6 trips for a total of 10ish nights in it.

I'm a warm sleeper, so I tend to condensate any tent I'm in, but other than minor condensation, it seems to be really worth the weight and money. The only super dumb thing on it is that there is a 3 inch pole that's part of the rain cover that does not come out. The only hindering this gives is when packing it you have to be sure the pole is parallel to the long way you fold it.
>>
>>850668
I did some research before I bought mine. The only othet 2-3 person tent that comes close to weight and price is Kelty. But depending on the retailer, you could be looking At up to double the price.

Let me see what I can find for you. What country will it be going to? The shipping from America will probably make it way out of your price range.
>>
>>850672
I'm currently staying in the UK, The shipping is what kills most deals from the states, which is unfortunate because there are many good brands from there that have very low representation in Europe or they're at premium prices.
>>
>>850640
Don't get the Zephyros II.
Porch isn't usable for cooking.
Only 2 man if you leave all your packs in the porch.
>>
>>850684
Any other tunnel design tents worth checking out? I've always gone /out/ camping with igloos but I was curious on whether the tunnel shape was superior (although it sacrifices space)
>>
>>850691
Can't help with that. I'm happy enough with the Zephyros as I only solo camp and it does the job for me.
>>
Anyone knows any brands with quality stuff but which might just not be that well known?
>>
File: 38240-171214103406-989583902.jpg (45KB, 1169x463px) Image search: [Google]
38240-171214103406-989583902.jpg
45KB, 1169x463px
Is the OEX cougar II any good?
>>
>>850750
I habe a Wechsel tent (pathfinder) and except some condesation which was unavoidable in that area it is great.
>>
>>851189
The tent looks great for solo /out/ing but a bit too short for my taste
>>
Do people use the pegs that come with the tent or do you buy your own? I had a look and some pegs can get pretty expensive if you don't want standard material (which I guess is the whole point if you are buying them separately in the first place), is it worth the investment?
>>
>>851711
Msr groundhogs. Buy them the moment you get a tent. I've abused mine for years, and they're still going strong.

I have a bad habit of always choosing campsites with a layer of bedrock right below the surface. I've used rocks, Axe butts, foot stomps and fire logs to beat my stakes into the ground. I've ruined countless "7" shaped generic stakes. I haven't ruined a single groundhog yet.
>>
>>851768
Y seems to be much sturdier than the V shape. My Wechsel pags which came with are great. I feel like I'm shilling
>>
>>851768
These look hot af, Not sure if you can get them at any store in the UK though. Also any other britfags around with tent recommendations?
>>
>>851916
you can get them at this Danish store, they do international orders as well. It seems like they're about a pound each.

https://www.friluftsland.dk/tilbehoer-telte/naschem-y-ploek-alu-20-cm
>>
File: 1430322725-20604900.jpg (32KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
1430322725-20604900.jpg
32KB, 665x665px
>>851854
and this UK dealer ave the lightwave twisted, THEY are dobe as fuck, the y have been in the market for years, but the Lightwave is still the only to supply a twisted mother fucker.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/tent-accessories-c33/tent-pegs-c314/lightwave-breaker-pegs-4-pack-p4137
>>
>>850640
I own an MSR elixir 2. It's slightly more than 150£ but should satisfy all your other demands.
>>
>>852219
OP here

This is the stuff I'm talking about, it seems very similar to the Eureka! Knob Hill I had been checking out (picture related) but much lighter (The Eureka! at full weight is 2,7 Kg) and relatively smaller (which can be a bonus to camp in smaller spaces). As you say the price is higher but I'm seriously considering this now. I've never had MSR but red a lot of good stuff from them
>>
>>852270
Edit, the Elixir 2 at full weight is 2,64 Kg according to cotswold so it might not be that lighter after all
>>
>>852279
>Elixir 2
you should consider pack size.
geodesic tents are usually quite large when packed away.
>>
>>852283
This is true although I'm thinking on picking an Atmos 65AG and I'm pretty sure it can hold the tent in the outer straps, tunnel tents would do well too for me but either they are too small or way too expensive, or both (although they tend to be lighter).
>>
>>850640
I have the Vango Banshee 200, it's just about enough for me (6'1), and a very small bag. You need AT LEAST a 3 man tent for 2 men.
>>
>>852457
Something like the Banshee 200 but slightly bigger would be the ideal, What concerns me the most of these tunnel tents is the reduced porch space which limits what you put there and / or cooking in it.
>>
Any yurofags care to share the tents they use? Something that can withstand heavy rains in the alps.
>>
Anyone have experience wit the REI Passage 2 tent?

I'm looking for a two person tent for myself that isn't too heavy when packed away.
>>
File: DSC05968.jpg (2MB, 3820x2145px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05968.jpg
2MB, 3820x2145px
>>854406

>>851189
>>
>>854442
>Anonymous

I just bought the passage 2. Looks decent.
>>
>>854442
I would buy it if only it was sold in the uk
>>
>>850640
I have the passage 1. It's been a great tent for many years. Durable in the wind and also stand alone for time that I've slept on granite. Not the lightest tent, but it's worked well for years
>>
>>855184
OP here, I´m actually looking for a 2 man tent anyway, I started checking tunnel tents but currently leaning on the geodesic design although I´m unsure if the increased space pays off for the extra weight you have to carry
>>
File: 4103c.jpg (204KB, 550x900px) Image search: [Google]
4103c.jpg
204KB, 550x900px
ever considered a Bivvy bag?
>>
>>855446
Yeah, but still want shelter to cook, leave stuff or whatnot when pouring
>>
>>855457
could always tarp it up breh plus binbags work well
>>
>>851768

I just thru-hiked the AT with my Hubba and there were so many times I stepped on my stakes so many and thought for sure I bent them. These things are fucking solid and super light weight.
>>
>>855863
Yeah or you know, he could just use a tent instead of all that gimmicky bullshit.
>>
>>855883
300 grams and the stars above you aren't what I'd call a gimmick my man
>>
>>855446
Bivvy bags and tarps are always an option but far from the most comfortable one and if you're /out/ing with someone else, the weight distribution is not that bad, Tents will always offer improved shelter compared with any Bivvy bag out there, it's just a matter of finding the right one for you.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.