[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what sort of pants do you wear on your /out/ings? should I buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

what sort of pants do you wear on your /out/ings?

should I buy $80 GoRuck pants?
>>
brooks running shorts. I
>>
>>849792
>brooks running shorts
im looking for pants for the colder months
>>
arc'teryx or bust, I think they're worth every penny.

Light, durable, and more reasonably priced unlike the heavy fjallraven shit that everyone seems to tout around here. 400 pounds for some heavy, stuffy pants? No thanks. I can get good pants from arc'teryx for less than 200 bucks and pack twice as many pairs and they'll last just as long
>>
>>849793
nig i've hiked in running shorts, fleece, windbreaker, hat and gloves in 30 degrees
>>
>>849790
go ruck is fine, $80 isn't any more than a pair of levis anyways.

pick what is needed for your climate and activity type. we can't help you unless you tell us more about what you intend to do.
>>
>>849790

I wear the North Face Paramount Peak II Convertible Pant in the warmer months and love them. I've tried several, and these are by far my favorite:

http://www.backcountry.com/the-north-face-paramount-peak-convertible-pant-mens

In the winter, I really like the Duluth Trading Firehose pants.
>>
>>849815
I have the normal pant version and they're pretty comfy. If it gets hot I just roll them up.
>>
>>849794
OP asks if he should buy $80 pants

Tell him to buy $500 pants
>>
>>849825
if op can't afford $500 pants and $1000 tarps he should stop going /out/ anyway.
>>
>>849794
Cherry picking. Average price is about the same.
Poly-cotton 100-250 euro, Shell pants 200-400 euro, both have even more expensive (winter) pants.
>>
Don't listen to these faggots, just wear some denim jeans. If it's too hot, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>849790
$20 cargo pants

cotton is fine unless it's winter. if you're at risk of freezing to death in the summer because you're wearing cotton pants, plastic homo pants won't save you
>>
File: 81760-246-633.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
81760-246-633.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
GOAT
>>
>not wearing shorts with gaiters and if it's cold, a pair of long johns underneath
Plebs, the lot of you!
>>
>>850990

This man gets it
>>
>>849825
4chan has this thing where someone will ask about A, and some autist will suggest they instead buy B which often times is not even close to solving the op's original need for A just because the autist thinks B is cool but does not own it himself
>>
>>850990
Those would look great while you're sucking dick
>>
>>849790
Dickies. Not even joking. Dickies Men's Regular Fit Staydark Pants. All the negative reviews about them have been about sizing, but they fit me fine. I can layer a pair of long johns underneath too.

The material is a poly-cotton blend, and whatever chemical they treat them with makes water kinda bead off them. Not really water-resistant, but they dry quickly and the knees haven't blown out yet.

I also have a pair of Khul Revolvr Pants, they're awesome. Ebay'd them for $50, really durable and breathable.

Then I have my PCU Level 5 pants, they're like a soft-shell. The whole PCU system is really good if you can find the different bits. Avoid the PCU Level 6 pants though, they fall apart. PCU Level 7 isn't very good for hiking either, better for static positions.

If the GoRuck pants look good to you, go for them. I've heard good things about them.
>>
>>851260

Seconding for Dickies or other types of work pants if you're on a budget. I'm a mechanic, and when I go /out/ and need long pants, I wear my company-provided Aramark Poly-cotton work pants. They're lightweight, roomy, flexible, breathable, water beads off of them, and they dry off really really quickly.

And on top of all of that, my dealership repairs or replaces them for free since they're technically a uniform. That's not really an advantage that OP can take advantage of, but it's still awesome as fuck.
>>
File: dxnMD.jpg (208KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dxnMD.jpg
208KB, 400x400px
>>851316
>That's not really an advantage that OP can take advantage of, but it's still awesome as fuck.
>>
>>851260
>>851316
>live in NZ
>Dickies pants are 60-110 bucks here depending on style
I don't know how the fuck they can justify charging $110 for pants that are under 25USD on Amazon. That's where I order them from and they're either getting filled off by their distributors or they're ripping people off themselves. I wonder if I pay less for Dickies than our retailers do. I'm the shorts and gaiters guy, but I can definitely recommend them from using them for work. They are durable, comfy and dry quickly.
>>
>>849790
I got some OR Ferrosi pants at the beginning of this year and have been liking them a lot. They aren't as heavy as most pants and breath really well yet still block the wind and aren't horrible to wear in rain/wet. I'd say the only bad part is they aren't super durable so if you are consistently scraping your legs on rocks they probably aren't the pants for you.

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens-ferrosi-pants.html
>>
>>849790
I have two pairs of the medium Duluth Trading Co. quick dry pants. Very nice, have held up well for about 4 years I think. Come with me everywhere and haven't managed to kill them yet.

Plus, the fact they're cut well makes them nice for work.
>>
i use
5.11 taclite pro pants $49.99 USD
5.11 stryke pants $74.99 USD
Fjallraven Abisko shorts 97:50 USD
Fjallraven Sarek pants unavaliable

would recommend any of them
but for a lower budget 5.11 pants are the best IMO
however if you want a pair of shorts the Abisko shorts are fkn 10/10 comfiest clothing ever
>>
>>851385
Prana Brions are awesome or Zions if you need cargo pants.
>>
jeans from H&M

works fine most of the time, although I am considering buying some proper outdoor pants, mostly because cotton jeans sucks ass in the rain and has no pockets

as long as it's dry tho they're totally fine, even in winter with just some thermal underwear

pains me to pay so much for Fjällräven or similar pants tho
>>
>>849790
I have a pair of White Sierra "convertible" hiking pants for warm weather. In the cold, I just wear Dickie's or BDU's.
>>
>>851078
I autistically think arc'teryx is more cool but I do in fact own 3 pairs of their pants and one of their jackets because I make poor financial decisions
>>
File: 1465995374866.png (362KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465995374866.png
362KB, 450x450px
>>850990
Wew lad
>>
Some no name brand I got at the thrift store for 2 bucks. They have held up pretty good for about 4 years now. Couple patches here and there.
>>
>>849790
I bought some Mountain Hardware pants that are pretty lightweight and zip off in to shorts which I like, because I don't wear shorts enough to want to buy 'just shorts' but sometimes it's nice.

Anyway I'm pretty pleased, construction seems good. I got them on a discount, like 50% off.

PRO TIP for cheap gear: You can join a volunteer fire department or work part time as an EMT, then use your ID or a blanked-out pay stub to sign up at www.promotive.com or www.govx.com and get freakin' sweet discounts on a ton of /out/ and /k/ related stuff. I buy almost everything this way now as long as I can find it there. I even get Salewa and Salomon boots.
>>
>>849790
>what sort of pants do you wear on your /out/ings?
$25 jeans and $11 windbreakers over them.
>>
Jeans.
>>
>>853546
xD
>>
>>849790
Urban camo cargo pants from walmart
>>
>>849790
North Face Buckland.
>>
What's wrong with jeans? It's the same shit I use on the farm. It never limited my movements.
>>
>>849790
>MemeRuck anything

No.
>>
File: 1425643234248.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1425643234248.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>854274
All the memes are true
>>
I wear dickies work pants

Do you seriously need more than that? I doubt it.
>>
>>849790
I'm a north face adherent but regardless use convertible pants with multiple pockets and no chance of water retention.... No cotton
>>
>>855083
>heavy
>cotton

Yes. Yes you do.
>>
>>855035
Jeans are fine on a farm but inawoods you're not going to dry and you'll get skin irritation which can ruin the experience. Source: farm boy / out
>>
>>855035
Heavy, cotton, not very durable, does hinder movement compared to lightweight nylon with stretch
>>
>>851078
>B which often times is not even close to solving the op's original need for A
What? They are nylon hiking pants, similar to the shit OP posted, but not a meme brand.
>>
If you use jeans and it works for you, fin. But suggesting them for other people is retarded.
>>
File: 76015_DCB-photo.jpg (23KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
76015_DCB-photo.jpg
23KB, 395x395px
I've got some Columbia and North Face covert able pants.

I still wear my normal boxers with th3se pants and have swamp ass because of it. I been looking for some synthetic ones but I don't like tight fitting ones. Anyone know any good synthetic boxers?
>>
light cotton pants. Mostly because they dry fairly fast and if I'm wet thicker cotton won't help much more. Reason I don't go synthetic is really because of burns from embers. I do wear fleece long underwear underneath though as I don't get too hot with it and it also dries pretty fast.
>>
>>849815

TNF eh, you must be Kalifornian
>>
>>853540
>PRO TIP for cheap gear: You can join a volunteer fire department or work part time as an EMT, then use your ID or a blanked-out pay stub to sign up at www.promotive.com

A lot of deals on Promotive deals are fucking awful.
>>
>>855471
Tried all kinds, exoficcio is the best of the best. Get the "heathered" they are less suspect to picks.
>>
>>849790
1) Ugh, Goruck is making pants now? They need to go away.

2) Goruck is making pants and they're only $80? They make a $300 backpack and $80 pants?
>>
>>855764
Most polycotton is somewhat resistant to embers, and perform way better outdoors than pure cotton
>>
just go buy a pair or regular old jeans. they're durable as hell. get flannel lined ones for warmth. I usually get boot cut styles
>>
>>856411
Denim has like a tenth the tensile strength of nylon. They arent durable at all.
>>
>>856411
>Bootcut

You know that's just a renamed bell bottom and regular jeans fit just fine over boots right?
>>
>>855790

The packs are actually pretty sick. I have a GR1.
>>
>>853540
I used my WFR cert to get me sweet promotive deals. Also check out OutdoorProlink. I've gotten the best discounts by going to a brand's website and signing up for their prodeals.

>>849790
Prana Stretch Zion are my go to pants. They convert to shorts, dry out quickly, and they retail for $80.
>>
How great is fjallraven, been looking at some of their products and I'm thinking on investing on some pants by them

anyone have experience with their products?
>>
>>857372
I love their products.
I feel blessed to have a fjallraven store nearby so i can try on and get a feel for all the fabrics.
Really comfortable shorts and pants.
Great quality and they feel well made in my opinion.
Obviously they arnt cheap. And the price is hard for some to justify.
But i would reccomend them to anyone.

One thing is they are definitely very european style clothing. Im 6'5". And while i don't have super long legs they run long. So manlets beware. But their shorts are 10/10 god tier
Thankfully most of them have built in buttons to tighten the bottom of the pant legs so they dont drag.
Also the jackets also are quite a tight fit. If you are very overweight you wont fit the jackets.
>>
Not op but I live in Southwest PA. Winter is coming soon (obviously) and I'd like some better winter pants. Something that could keep me warm if I got stranded for more than a day in the snow in the woods

Thanks
>>
>>858892
Merino leggings
Wool felt pants
Waterproof shell

Can't beat it.
>>
>>849790
I usually hike in shorts w/ or without thermals depending on the temperature.
>>
>>858892
My father gave me his old layered MEC insulated pants from the 90s
They arnt made anymore but ill share some tips.
They are great for sleeping in. But i found even In -15C they were waay too warm. Definitely just reccomend wearing a merino wool baselayer then any solid water resistant pants.
The thick winter pants were also much to thick to pack away on a regular trip. But i would keep em in a car incase i got stranded.
>>
>>849804
>30 degrees.

I have no idea what the fuck this is supposed to mean.
>>
>>849804
Wow 30 degrees. Just wow. I just sent a report to Mootypoo about how shitty this site is because it doesn't have someone as BADASS as you on their team to help things out.
Not only a fleece, but a windbreaker too, hell you even threw on a HAT to prevent your ears from getting cold. You must be one of those light skinned individuals from north europe because you're just so gosh danged smart. Knowing how absolutely b a d a z z you are, I bet the gloves were purely for the aesthetics to put yourself just another peg higher than them wascly trouser wielding woodland trekkers.
>pic related, mfw too late to explore the wild west but just in time to be on /out/ to see the most badass outdoorsmen to walk the local parks when the mercury drops so low.
>>
bundeswehr, it's great for late autumn, winter and spring,it's cheap, it doesn't look bad, and it's comfortable. I also got some cheap trousers from Decathlon, they are great for autumn.
>>
>>858860
I think they intentionally sell the trousers with 'raw' leg lengths so that one can make adjustments and have any length that they want
>>
Bring a pair of jeans you rich pussies
>>
Thankful someone posted this up. I'm using jeans but I need something better.
>>
>>849815
>>855787
Not that guy, but these pants rock. I have two pairs. Excellent design, only $80, a bit less on dealios.

TNF actually isn't too pricey, some of their base layers are good too. Depends on what's in your area. TNF/REI in my region, though let's be real the rest of my kit is mil nylon shit you aren't paying retail prices on.
>>
>>850990
I'm considering getting a pair of these, yay or nay? I see a lot of people hating on Fjellraven, but it seems like a decent brand, and I have a lot of army buds who use it.
>>
>>861505
You could get something comparable for cheaper probably
>>
>>861505
get em.
i love all my fjallraven products to death
>>
>>851391
>>857003
Really looking into Prana's Brion and Stretch Zion. How comfortable are they in hot weather? I live in South Florida and I can't wear jeans any more. Fuck them.
>>
>>855471
Check out SAXX, they keep your balls from sticking to your legs. And they make some anti bacterial boxers like Exoficio.
>>
>>861569
like what?
>>
>>849828
>(you) need to spend ten thousand dollars and become a gearqueer to have fun while /out/

excellently goyed
>>
>>861572
>>861569
oki, thank you
>>
>>849790
Mountain Hardwear Piero, $80-ish
Actually designed for climbing, so they are outstanding vs abrasion.
A little stretchy. Shed dirt and snow. Dry fast. Look good in on-after.
Been trying to shred them for six years, still failing!
>>
If I am going somewhere mosquito infested I have some nylon pants. Rest of the time normally just jeans.I just bought some canvas trail pants but have yet to test them out, might be better than denim.
>>
File: 0290635_879C1 (1).jpg (167KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0290635_879C1 (1).jpg
167KB, 1200x1500px
>>849790
This is what I've been wearing for the past year, both /out/ and as every day wear. Super comfy, and they don't get hot at all in the summer, have yet to find out how they fair in the winter but I'm thinking they will be pretty alright. I've been really impressed with them when I've worn them on hikes and campouts, there's been plenty of times where I thought they'd rip but to my surprise they've stayed solid. I've been partial to Eddie Bauer stuff for a while, not sure how /out/ feels about the company as I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned on here.

The thing I like most about the store is that they have sales ALL the time, currently they are doing 30% off your entire order.
>>
Looking for some decent trousers, have a pair of cargos that I love because of the pockets, but they're 100% cotton, so shit for if it's wet.

Any recommendations?

Also, are there any decent water resistant/proof cargo pants?

Also want something with a winter liner?

Tl;dr need multiple new pants for all weather
>>
>>861910
Read the thread before posting.
Everything you asked had been covered
>>
>>861735
They breathe very well and dry out quick if you get them wet.
>>
Do 511 pants have string or anything at the bottom of the legs like a lot of cargos do?
>>
>>864786
I own 3 pants
The multicam TDUs do.
The taclite pros do not.
And the stryke pants do not.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.