[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bad weather experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: reindeer-dead-norway-ap.jpg (403KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
reindeer-dead-norway-ap.jpg
403KB, 1368x1026px
More than 300 wild reindeer have been killed by lighting in central Norway in what wildlife officials are calling an unusually large natural disaster.

The Norwegian Environment Agency has released eerie images showing a jumble of reindeer carcasses scattered across a small area on the Hardangervidda mountain plateau. The agency says 323 animals were killed, including 70 calves, in the lightning storm Friday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-lightning-strike-kills-more-than-300-reindeer-a7214936.html

that had to be a crazy way to go
>>
>>848451
santa's going to have some logistic problems this year.
>>
>>848451

Do most bolts have some universal current?... or are some strikes more powerful than others? Cause it doesn't make sense that one bolt can kill multiple living things close to the size of a human, but not kill some humans.
>>
>>848474
I'm not a scientist, but I imagine so....like with static shocks

apart from topsy, I don't think edison ever did experiments electrocuting animals to see how much juice it took to kill them
>>
>>848451
Can vegans eat these since no animals were hurt by men?
>>
>>848479
This
>>
>>848474
Electrical currents run through the ground for a distance, depending on the current, but most Earth and materials we use for turf, roads, or sidewalks aren't very good conductors. Most everything in nature conducts electricity fairly well, except for really dense things like rocks. A power line from a standard telephone pole carries enough energy to shock you through the ground, albeit from a pretty close distance. Lightning bolts carry enough energy to disintegrate wooden telephone poles, I imagine that energy would have no problems with dirt and grass. The strike in OP's post was more than likely more than one bolt in quick succession, but deer stay in tight groups so it isn't out of the question to have been only one strike.
>>
>>849596
My source is my sub-basic fire/rescue training that taught me "Electricity is not your friend in an emergency situation."
>>
What exactly kills the organism in a lightning strike? Does the electric current stop the heart? Or does it just instantly annihilate the brain? Like what is the direct cause of the death?
>>
>>849616
>electric current stop the heart
yes

Heartbeat is an electrical rhythm. Current through the heart muscle causes "atrial fibrillation" - "a-fib" - irregular heartbeat - or stops it entirely. Immediate CPR required, AED if available.
>>
>>849618
v fib bro
>>
>>849596

I have seen people shocked by ground static more than 10 hours after the actual strike happened. We even had 30+ earthing rods all around the area where it happened.
>>
>>849616
I hear if you survive a lightning strike is basically destroys the tissues of your penis and you can't get hard or cum ever again.
>>
File: horsingaround.jpg (48KB, 460x692px) Image search: [Google]
horsingaround.jpg
48KB, 460x692px
>>849655

I heard that if you get hit whilst fucking it makes u cum buckets and makes your balls disintegrate out of pleasure. Maybe there is a correlation?
>>
What's the best thing to do in such weather when you're in the woods?

Hiding under a tree seems like suicide but I've heard that staying on an open field is even worse.

Let's pretend there are no rocks and caves around as well
>>
>>849655
It's not an issue for uncut penises
>>
>>849660
any cover is better than nothing
>>
File: 1472626612352.jpg (88KB, 379x596px) Image search: [Google]
1472626612352.jpg
88KB, 379x596px
>>849666

Go away Satan!
>>
>>849668
satan would suggest you trap and sacrifice a small animal, holding it above your head while prancing around an open field and loudly declaring your allegiance
>>
>>848451
Fucking brutal, imagine if the corpses are just allowed to rot. The field of skeletons would look very cool.
>>
>>849660
I was on a school camp when a lightning storm passed right over where we had set up camp. A bolt hit the ground 200m away.
They just made us sit on our foam mattresses as insulation till it passed us by.
>>
>>848451
I actually have a bad weather experience so bad it could actually get me identified as a 4chan user. so I can't say much. but let's just say I did not expect a storm surge a full day before the hurricane.

other thqn that, one time I was in a field and it started hailing. like golf ball size fuckers. we ran for the trees, then branches started falling. luckily pine branches are light.
>>
>>848451
last year i was sleeping wih my doggos innawoods.

4 days in the weather got really bad, i had to switch from my small small kohte to a more stormproof construction.
than on the 5th night the worst thunderstorm i ever witnessed.

rain that flooded the ground, wind that made my already stormproof tent construction collapse.
and lighting that turned night into day for brief moments.
i got out of my sleepingbag and attached the leashes of my frightend puppers to my belt, just as a lightning struck a tree a few hundred feed ahead.
the oaktree exploaded with the force of a small bomb. my labrador boy jumped away, only ot be stopped by the leash ob my belt.
my sheppy girl was shaking and looked at me in terror. my buxerboy hid behind my legs.
i decided to leave my stuff, grabbed my puppers and ran for my life. to get out of the woods.
i witnessed 2 more exploding trees on my way out. i nearly shat myself.

i spent 3 hours laying in the cold soaked dirt of a field cuddling and calming my shaking dogs, while the roaring tempest raged.

i returned to my camp the next morning.
most of my stuff was wet and my tent construction was completely flattend.
my dogs were stlll in shock and very nervous for a few days.

i packed my stuff and we went home.
nearly died that night.

i am looking forward to go camping in the same woods this fall.

hopefully with better weather.
>>
kinda odd to see something like this.
even more so considering that i'm reading a book about a place very near this area.
oh well, stranger things happen.
>>
>>848453
Kek the halls
>>
>>849666
Nice try, satan. I'll stand in the open, thanks
>>
>>849940
Now you know why some people never leave their house. Personally I dont go camping anymore because everytime I do I almost die.
>>
File: 65.jpg (38KB, 292x355px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
38KB, 292x355px
>>848474
had once came upon an round area about 10 meters wide where all the vegetation(ferns) was recently killed. was in a forested area. so i wasn't sure why if was lightning, hadn't it hit a nearby tree instead.
p.s. my brother in law was killed by lightning
>>
File: lightning galore.png (1MB, 1317x775px) Image search: [Google]
lightning galore.png
1MB, 1317x775px
>>848451
My mother was actually at Hardangervidda during this event.

Story tiem.

I live on an island in western Norway, where storms and rain are bountiful. During the summer, however, we (contrary to popular belief) get some pretty warm days, which leads to copious amounts of thunderstorms. About 10-15 years or so back, we had a really nice summer. This evening, me, my cousin and a couple of friends went over the bay in two boats to play with a water trampoline (imagine a trampoline, but inflatable and on water... also, it's not bouncy at all) at my friends place. In the distance across the fjord, we can see some sporadic lightning, and dark clouds are moving to the west (away from us).

We're playing and having fun, when suddenly the western sky grows dark. The storm has turned around, and we're now smack dab in the middle of its trajectory. The smart decision, and my immediate idea, is to stay as close to land as possible. However, on the other side of the bay my family was having a beach party and saw what was coming. My aunt rang me, believing we were out in the actual fjord, and told us to get back to their place.

We got in the two boats, my cousin and I in mine, and I told the two other guys in the other boat to stay close to land. They chose, however, to go directly from A to B, which meant crossing relatively open water. After a couple of hundred meters, a super cell hit. Suddenly, we're hitting Beaufort 12, and lightning all around us. Shit is fucked up, and I can't do anything but laugh as I see the other boat going straight for land.

One house was struck a mere 200 meters from us, and the lightning completely blew up the chimney.

I'll attach a map of the area.

After that event, I've learned to respect both the sea and the dangers of weather.
>>
>>848451
Also, imagine being a Merovingian hunting party coming across this, trying to provide food for the village.
>>
>>852865
satan would suggest you trap and sacrifice a small animal, holding it above your head while prancing around an open field and loudly declaring your allegiance
>>
>>849873
Are you that retard that went camping during Hermine?
>>
File: bonevalley.jpg (387KB, 849x712px) Image search: [Google]
bonevalley.jpg
387KB, 849x712px
>>849675
what is bone valley in the great smoky mountains.

"Named after the many bones left over from a cattle herd that froze to death in the valley, probably around 1888".From Wikipedia.
>>
>>852903
>I live on an island in western Norway, where storms and rain are bountiful.
Yes
>During the summer, however, we (contrary to popular belief) get some pretty warm days,
Yes
>which leads to copious amounts of thunderstorms.
....No
Thunderstorms are unicorn rare in Norway, and even more so in the west. Why are you lying on a Siamese masochist fetish Board?
>>
>>853697
First of, are you a fellow viking?

Second, I guess copious amounts might be overstating it, but compared to the rest of the seasons, thunderstorm frequency skyrockets around summertime (especially late summer).
>>
>>849675
They are left to rot, actually. I plan to go there for skull gains later.
>>
File: DSCN0191.jpg (2MB, 1785x1425px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0191.jpg
2MB, 1785x1425px
>>854334
>skull gains
they tested all the adult animals for Chronic Wasting Disease (a disease that might be spreading here in Norway, and is common in north america)

they removed their heads and brought them with because they need the brain to check for this disease

>speaking of skull gains, I came across this recently
>>
>>854341
:(
Those selfish bastards. Mirin skull, but the antlers are messed up. You could probably use the remaining antler to make a knife handle if you're into that.
>>
File: man-thinking-stock-photo-1617166.jpg (128KB, 1300x962px) Image search: [Google]
man-thinking-stock-photo-1617166.jpg
128KB, 1300x962px
how would pre-christian Scandis have interpreted this?
>>
>>854751
Thor didn't like those deer.
>>
>>849616
Your muscles are activated with electricty so imagine it going into over clock real quick; it just destroysyour muscles, heart one if them.
>>
>>849596
I'd wager that the substrate the deer were congregated on was mafic enough to conduct electricity through the general area before dissipation. Looking at the photo and aside from the obvious lichen, the rock looks like gabbro or perhaps even diabase which is rich in iron.
>>
>>854751
this is how thor goes hunting; roast the meat and hold a feast in his honor. he wishes you, your earl, your women, and your children to eat full and become strong.

thank thor and pass the mead.
>>
A couple of years ago I almost sailed in a storm with my mates. It was windy and rainy as fuck but at the time we thought it was pretty fun. Now when look back, I dont think ever would do it again.

>tldr you do stupied shit when you are young
>>
>>854341
They only took 252 heads
>https://www.nrk.no/viten/xl/marerittsykdommen-1.13122187
More than enough heads left for me. And apparently they didn't have CWD so all that meat was wasted for no reason :/
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 1536x2048px
>>848479
>>849582
Nah because then at every family gathering I have to hear "But I already made you the hamburger it'll just go to waste remember that time you ate those 300 reindeer Thor murdered why are my burgers any different you hypocritical dog dropping!?"
>>
>>855234
Bring a burger made of roadkill meat :)
>>
>>849597
>Not using static shocks to train and domesticate squirrels
>>
>>848475
Edison, however, did use AC to electrocute animals when he and Tesla were trying to convince people what type of electricity to use.
>>
>>849616
Enough current across the heart can stop it, but lightning is so much current that can also cause massive burns, etc.
>>
>>849616
>Does the electric current stop the heart?

we were told years ago that 100 milliamps (0.1 amp) across ones heart would suffice to stop it and i believe that number has since been revised downward. your average coffeemaker uses about 9 amps.
An average bolt of negative lightning carries an electric current of 30,000 amperes (per wikipedia)
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.