[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REI Gift Card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: REI.jpg (519KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
REI.jpg
519KB, 2000x1500px
Sup fellow /out/ists. I hope you had a nice weekend outside. Say, I've got a $400 gift card to REI, but not entirely sure what to blow it on at this point. It can be put toward a larger item or used to pick up multiple things; I'm looking for ideas. Feel free to thread-jack if you're looking for something too! They are having a sale right now through September 5th or something like that. Aloha.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>847548
Post it here like anon does with the Cabela's gift cards he gets. And those ones are only like $40.

With $400, a few anons could all get something nice. But too bad it is REI because it is really only like a $300 gift card to one of the other retailers.
>>
Are any of the items in your big 4 in need of an upgrade? If it were me, and I didn't need anything in way of clothing or smaller gear, I'd look into a final upgrade.

(big 4 are the most expensive/heaviest parts to any kit, they consists of):

Backpack
Tent
Sleeping bag
Sleeping pad

For mid-high end of these, you're looking at $300+ (except sleeping pad, you can get a pretty decent end game sleeping pad for $200)

You could also get a good navigation system for 400 as a GPS unit, if that's your jam. Or put it towards a roof rack for your /out/mobile
>>
If it were me I'd buy one of those GPS rescue locator things. Really the only thing I'm missing that I want
>>
I'd buy either a 3 season tent or a new backpack and a sleeping mat
>>
>>847563
I understand where you're coming from, but there is the sale right now: 20 to 30% off + the year end dividend.

>>847594
That's a good idea. My tents, bags and mats are good to go, but I've got an old Arc'Teryx 55L bag that's about 13 years old with basic features and beat to hell from globe trotting.

>>847618
I'll look into one of those: better safe than sorry

>>847621
Like the other anon recommended, I'll see what they have for packs.
>>
Flash ## minimum pack - $40
inflatable sleeping pad - $100 ($140)
klean kanteen - $30 (170)
nesting cup $10-15 ($185)
Sawyer mini $20 ($205)
food section $ 40 +/- ($250)
tarp $20 ($270)
saw or axe $80 ($350)
use the remaining $50 on something i missed ...
Much love!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-28-20-32-59.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-28-20-32-59.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>847640
If you've ran a bad to its end, I'm sure you know a lot of things about that specific bag that you did, and didn't like.

Definitely have one of their fitting experts try on every bag in your price range, and find one that's perfect. I was so close to just throwing my money at an osprey, until the salesman encouraged me not to get the osprey. He was a total rei-bro actually hikes, and runs the rei classes for minimalist hiking. Not all their employees are this helpful. Tried on all the packs (even out of my price range) and settled on a Gregory baltoro. Rides like a dream for me.
>>
>>847659
If you've ran a bag to its end*
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.