[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kentucky, Indiana Outdoor things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IMAG0146.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0146.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
Kentucky!
Cool places?
Cool things
Pics of stuff you saw/enjoyed?

Indiana.. what can we say about this backwards state?
>>
File: IMAG1140.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1140.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>
File: IMAG2180.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2180.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449128165957.jpg (39KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449128165957.jpg
39KB, 960x640px
KENTUCKY!!!!
What kind of stuff you lookin for dude? If you're a Kentuckian we have a group chat via kik that was originally dedicated to the discussion of Kentucky, but now it's about everything.
>>
>>847236
Absolutely anything!
What kind of cool stuff is nearby you?

I am near Ft. Knox and just found a place called Tioga Falls. You can climb behind the falls to the source of the water and there is an old spot where the water collected, and as far as I can tell you'd have a fire and it'd heat the water. It dates back to the late 1800s too, you can see the construction in a few places.

I don't have Kik but that sounds kind of cool.

What is your favorite thing you've seen in KY?
>>
What's up ky bruhs, Florence (unfortunately) here. Anyone ever gone exploring in old coal mines? I checked out one that my great grandfather used to work in, pretty dope.
>>
File: IMG_20160508_183731.jpg (4MB, 2294x3648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_183731.jpg
4MB, 2294x3648px
>>847714
Make a kik and then hmu, we're going kayaking in the gorge tomorrow.
>>
Bowling Green here. Doing Cumberland gap in October
>>
corbin here, close to the falls actually >>847236
>>
File: biome.jpg (398KB, 723x481px) Image search: [Google]
biome.jpg
398KB, 723x481px
>>846918
>Indiana..

Sure politically and culturally Indiana is backwards. But look at the ecosystems, the southern third of Indiana basically is Kentucky.
>>
>>847723
Dude no, where are those at?

Is it legal or trespassing? That sounds wicked cool.

>>848046
Will do! What is the name you have for it?
>>
>>848220
Good point, what sort of stuff does Indiana have to offer?
I mean interesting land feature wise. Is it Indiana that has sand dunes somehow? I heard one state near here does.

I went out west for a month this summer and it was great, I never get to see sand/desert-y things in our lush green forests
>>
File: ecoregion.png (961KB, 1080x691px) Image search: [Google]
ecoregion.png
961KB, 1080x691px
US state boundaries are mostly meaningless. You see Ky plates driving around my neck of the woods all the time. I often hit neighboring areas without giving it much thought.
>>
>>848412
Just post your kik username on here and I'll add you
>>
>>849158
Is this for the Kentucky kik?

Im not that anon but i live in bowling green

Kik is datplebswag
>>
>>848413
>Is it Indiana that has sand dunes somehow
Yes. Waaay up north by Lake Michigan. Got some decent caves in the southern third of the state as well.
>>
>>847714
Yooo! I grew up at/around Fort Knox, Etown, Radcliff! I love it there.

Also, I'm going "long term" camping around these areas next month, anybody have recommendations about what I should bring or read up on? I'm new to going /out/.
>>
>>849592
Daniel Boone National Forest across the river in Indiana is cool, like 15 mins from Corydon.
I like it, and Obannon. The fire tower in Obannon is one of the first three photos I posted.

Other than that, Otter Creek is car camping.
And you can ask some landowners with big sections of forest if you can camp. Most are pretty nice and would let ya
>>
>>849592
But bring food and snacks. Lots of water and a camera. Other than that, anything you're willing to carry.

Bring a knife too. Tons of guides on out sonewhere, I can't do links since I'm on Mobile.
Good luck though! If you come around here more I can show you some cool spots most people are unaware of, quarries and waterfalls and much more.
>>
Post your kiks and I can add you to an actual group discussion of all the best places to hike, kayak, climb, or cave
>>
>>848461
>US state boundaries are mostly meaningless.
i wish more folks thought this way, but at least some get it. oh well.
>>
>>846918
If you don't mind being around people RRG is ok. It gets old pretty quick for me because I live deep in the woods of EKY and enjoy going out and not seeing anyone. If I want to see people I'll go to the popular strip jobs and just ride around drinking beer partying with randoms. Plus they are so many rules to RRG, here you can build your fire how ever you like and make simi permanent shelters. While the gorge is very wild and free to most, it's the opposite for me.
Don't act dumb and fall off anything btw.
And if you go watch out for the falling buckeyes.
>>
>>851849
I wouldn't mind Pike county if there weren't so many toothless meth-heads running around.
>>
>>849158
Not him but I want in:
abrinkley41
Originally from Union/Florence but now live at UK
>>
>>853400
Also Im going on the UK outdoor pursuits trip to WV if anybody wants to join
>>
Louisville reporting in. I gotta travel a tick to get anywhere nice. RRG is my fav I enjoy going off trail and stealth camping and finding places to free solo climb, never rly have the issue of running into people other than occasional hikers
>>
>>848220
>Sure politically and culturally Indiana is backwards.

Fuck you, keep your yuppie identity shit out of my state.

Indiana has lots of cool little gems all across the state, we just lack any extensive areas.
>>
Finally made a KIK.
Logohhello is the name on there
Add me! I love to do hiking and cool shit. Climbing, rafting etcetc
>>
>>855724
Hey man, tried to add you. My profile name and pic are a joke, I run a meme chat too.
>>
>>858022
>>858839
Just let it die.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.