[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking Through Alberta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: 1347217777538.jpg (873KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1347217777538.jpg
873KB, 1680x1050px
Sup /out/.

>Be me
>Crush invites me to go backpacking for 2 weeks through Alberta's national parks. Everything planned. Just need the ticket and pay for half the travel expenses.
>Freaking stoked. Never been outside of my home country before
>Purchased my ticket, get my passport and doing cardio for an hour everyday to build up stamina for 3 weeks now.
>Crush starts getting weird
>Starts getting really weird. Says that she's worried we'll be spending to much time with each other. So much so that we might hate each other. Assure her that's stupid and this is gonna be amazing. She sees it my way and goes back to being normal
>I'm not a clingy person who needs constant attention or affection. She knows this so I'm confused on where she's getting this idea.
>She starts freaking again out of no where now saying that, we might not be friends after this and we should get different cars and go to different places to sleep(B&B's and shit). That way we're not with each other for 24/7
>Get dumbfounded by this whole thing. The more I think about it, the more disgusted and pissed off by it. So much so that I'm about to tell her its off and go fuck myself
>That would about cost another additional $700, (estimating and not including gas and food.)

>Asked close friends and family. 50% of them say, fuck her, cut the loses and continue with life. The other 50% say, fuck her, just go your own path (Not traveling with her at all). Find yourself and all that shit.

So my question for you /out/ is, anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Alberta Canada? I'm landing in Calgary if that helps.

Thanks in advance /out/
>>
>>845276
She seems like a crazy cunt anyways anon, better to go all by yourself. I can't help you but have a nice trip!
>>
File: 1458806429773.gif (186KB, 260x188px) Image search: [Google]
1458806429773.gif
186KB, 260x188px
>>845281
Thanks brudda. It means a lot.

Take care.
>>
>>845276
Stick to the original plan. If she wigs out, that's on her.
>>
File: 344798.jpg (28KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
344798.jpg
28KB, 460x346px
>>845298
Ya? So just pay the difference and shit?
>>
Calm down. Take a deep breath. OK. She probably has something weird like a colostomy bag or a penis or chronic gas that she doesn't want you to know about.
>>
>>845303
No, I mean stick with the original goddamn plan.
>>
Sounds like she's nervous you might try to make an advance on her and she doesn't want you to be more than a friend.
If you want her and she could want you in the future, continue with the plan to adventure with her, and don't make any forward move on her. Just pretend you're out with a bro (without the farting and brotalk) try to be comfortable and relax. If she likes the way you are and she gets comfortable you might be able to turn her around, but wait for her to make the move since it doesn't seem like she's interested.
If not it wasn't going to work out anyway. Love can be a shitty thing anon, don't let yourself get hurt by getting too attached to someone that isn't going to return the favor.

Bring a flask of some booze and try to get her tipsy if you have a romantic moment by the fire
>>
File: eqR3wHk.jpg (41KB, 454x688px) Image search: [Google]
eqR3wHk.jpg
41KB, 454x688px
>>845358
Cool, thanks man.

>>845357
We'll she is afraid pigeons and spheres.

>>845366
Thanks bud. I really appreciate the input. Just all these damn changes are frustrating. But I understand.

Again, i Really appreciate it.
>>
>>845276
I have done a fair bit of backpacking in the Alberta Rockies.

Are you flying to Calgary and then going to be on foot?
>>
>>845438
Flying to Calgary, than renting a car to get to major points on the trip. First stop Cochrane.

Got any cool spots you could recommend?
>>
>>845276

I'll chill with you bro or I can at least drive and dump you off somewhere in Kananaskis
>>
File: view of jasper,ab.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
view of jasper,ab.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>845276

I just went with my girlfriend to Jasper and Banff, both are absolutely beautiful ( im from canada and i would say its the prettiest national park in the province ) lots of shit to do for cheap, i spent a day on the jasper gondola with her for $50 - theres free easy hikes everywhere and lake louise (halfway between the two) if you wanna spend time outdoors, thats the place to go. Good luck, anon - your girl does not sound like the one though

pic related
>>
File: R_DSC_3832.jpg (582KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
R_DSC_3832.jpg
582KB, 1000x667px
>>845448
>Cochrane
You're on /out/, why are you fucking around with towns/cities?

#1:
Fly to Calgary.
Rent car.
Drive to Banff - tent at Tunnel Mountain (book 2 nights)
Visit Park Headquarters - get backcountry camp permit for days #5+ in Fish Creek area
Chill in town if extra time

Scramble Mt. Rundle (~8hrs, trailhead is south end of Banff town)
Tent at Tunnel Mountain
Chill in town if extra time

Drive 15 minutes north of Banff
Hike Cory/Edith Pass loop (~6hrs, trailhead on 1A highway)
Scramble Mt. Edith while there if you are feeling more ambitious - add 1-2 hours to the trip.
Drive 30 min north of trailhead on 1A - tent at Castle Mountain Campground

Drive to Lake Louise
Hike Fairview Mountain (~6hrs, trailhead at Chateau Lake Louise)
Drive to Moraine Lake, be impressed / take photos. Leave after 20 minutes.
Tent at Lake Louise Campground or Castle Mountain Campground

Days 5-???
Drive to Fish Creek Trailhead (east of Lake Louise town)
Backcountry hike 3+ days in amazing alpine

Day ???
Drive to Columbia Icefields, observe amazing icefields
Scramble Mount Wilcox for an even better view (~6 hours, trailhead just south of Icefields Center)
Tent at Wilcox Campground

Days ???-???
Drive to Nigel Pass trailhead
Backcountry hike 3+ days into Whitegoat Wilderness Park (no backcountry pass needed, free random camping)

Day ???
Drive to Jasper townsite, check out the town
Book Maligne Lake Shuttle + Backcountry camping for Skyline Trail
Drive to Miette Hotsprings, have a nice soak
Camp pretty much any campground relatively near the Jasper townsite

Days ???-???
Drive to Skyline Trail north trailhead
Wait for Maligne Lake Shuttle to pick you up
Shuttle to Maligne Lake
Backcountry hike 2+ days in amazing alpine / ridges on Skyline Trail

Day ???
Finish Skyline Trail, arrive at your car
Drive to Jasper townsite
Go to North Face Pizza and order a bitchin' good pizza (they are open until 2AM most days)
Camp

???
Drive back to Calgary, fly home.
>>
File: lake-louise-canada_113.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lake-louise-canada_113.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>845468
>>845276

just checked for ya and banff is super close - if you head all the way to jasper its truly the prettiest drive ever, its long but definitely worth. lake louise is also worth the extra drive , PS its way busier in the mornings, go later in the day. yes the water is really that blue. canada, man, its beautiful here
>>
File: eye-pigeon-closeup-13921900[1].jpg (50KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
eye-pigeon-closeup-13921900[1].jpg
50KB, 400x266px
>>845426
>We'll she is afraid pigeons and spheres.
How can you be afraid of an abstract shape
>>
Coming from a Calgaryfag, it takes a certain type of person to appreciate the prairies. If you can't stand the flat ground and lack of trees you're pretty much stuck with anywhere west of Calgary as far as the outdoors goes.
>>
File: 1434684175430.jpg (135KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1434684175430.jpg
135KB, 900x900px
>>845276
Are you driving from park to park and hiking at each one?
Thats not backpacking. I dont know what that is.
Backpacking is entering one area and moving around on foot for a few weeks. Its a lot of fun and a lot less expensive than whatever the hell youre doing.
Also, as for the whole /adv/ part of your post:
She thinks you will advance on her and dosent want you to. Personally, ive been in too many life or death situations while out to EVER bring a weak link, boy or girl. I guess you arent going super far out though, so that wont matter. If you want her badly, just cozy up to her for a while and let her advance. If you want to be a dick, get her drunk in the middle of nowhere and advance on her Dennis Reynolds style. If you are OK with being her friend, just remember that friendship is pretty much impossible where attraction exists and it will all go to shit.
>B&Bs
What the fuck dude. Why not just sleep at the parks? Why not just actually go backpacking and travel through one park for 2 weeks?
>>
>>845468
Stupid bitches and their stupid shoes
>>
>>845539
>get her drunk in the middle of nowhere and advance on her Dennis Reynolds style.

good way to get a chivalrous skinwalker to fuck your ass up

there are eyes in the woods anon
>>
File: Debbie-Reynolds-Feet-521563.jpg (380KB, 1395x1881px) Image search: [Google]
Debbie-Reynolds-Feet-521563.jpg
380KB, 1395x1881px
>>845678
Sorry, meant Debbie Reynolds
>>
>>845511
Liberals, man
>>
>>845600
Those shoes are fine for that trial.
>>
>>845712
>>845600
My wife hiked auxier ridge at red river gorge in chacos

Stupid whore
>>
>>845276
Well hey, if you've got your gear, I'm actually heading out from Calgary to Jasper for a two night backcountry stay near Celestine Lake. Going solo, but you're free to join if you've got food, sleeping bag, clothes, etc. I can drive.
>>
>>845733
>calling people whores on the internet
Couldn't you just say faggot? Calling people whores makes you sound like a girl desu
>>
>>845746
I was talking about my wife you stupid faggot
>>
>>845748
there we go you baby backed bitch
>>
Test.
>>
>>845752
<3
>>
Albertan here.

The rockies, including Banff and Jasper, are endless if you want to hike canyons, see waterfalls, visit hot springs, ride Gondalas to the top of a couple mountains, etc...

I just got back from Jasper and I'm actually heading back up tomorrow just the wife and I. We have a place near Whitecourt which serves as our "base" for going to the northern part of the rockies. If we're going to the banff area we'll grab a hotel in somewhere nearby or we'll camp.

Just finished hiking Maligne canyon in Jasper yesterday and hit up miette hot springs. I love the rockies, but I live in Edmonton so it's always a bit of a trip getting there.
>>
>>846070

Forgot to say, this time of year it gets pretty chilly at night in the canadian rockies. Most people will be pretty uncomfortable in a tent.
>>
>>846070
>>846074
You sound like the type of guy who drives an F150 with a quad in the back while towing a camper trailer.
>>
>>846084
You sound jealous of successful people
>>
>>846093
No, I just find it ironic the way people dedicate their lives to possessions rather than pursuits, especially in Alberta where the province is full of people who spend the vast bulk of their time chasing money instead of mountains.

I used to live in Alberta, and now I live in Saskatchewan. I still probably get out innawoods more than the guy who had to buy a "base" because 3 hours to the Rockies is too far, spends his time doing adventurous things like the Maligne canyon interpretive walk (pic related), and considers the end of August too cold for tenting.
>>
>>846084

Nope, nope, and nope.

Rav4, no quad, and tent camping, even in August. I was simply telling others what to expect because it takes a lot of people by surprise how much temps differ between mountains and flatland.

>>846125
Didn't buy a "base", I inherited a property when someone died. Also, Maligne canyon interpretive walk is fucking beautiful so fuck you.

You hear Albertan and you immediately spew a bunch of verbal diarrhea based on your jealousy and the gigantic thorny stick up your ass.

You are both woefully incorrect and a complete asshole.
>>
>>846125
How is that ironic?
>>
>>845276
Does it have to be a 2 week trip? Can you cut back to 1 week, or maybe a long weekend, and still keep things together?
>>
>>846134
No, I hear "Albertan", "Edmonton is too far from the Rockies", "hiking Maligne canyon", "grab a hotel", "pretty uncomfortable in a tent", "ride Gondalas", etc.

You sound like a baby.
>>
>>846257
Why do you hate babies?
>>
>>846257

Wow, jealous much? And you're calling someone else a baby?
>>
>>846257

Just made a day trip from edmonton to Jasper. It was about 8 hours total driving, but I didn't want that guy from Saskatchewan to think I was a pussy so no hotel for me. My gf wanted to ride the Gondola but I let her know I'm no bitch Albertan and pushed her down a hill. I'm single now.

So tonight when I fuck my hand and shitpost on /out/ I'll be just like that guy from sasketchewan.

Maybe I should move to the flattest province in Canada and lecture people on how they should enjoy the mountains! Maybe that guy and I can be buddies and swap sisters-wives once and a while!

Go roughriders!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.