[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wheelchairs during /out/ings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: googleslideshow.png (180KB, 389x219px) Image search: [Google]
googleslideshow.png
180KB, 389x219px
I saw the new Google interactive slideshow that replaces the logo since August is National Parks Month in the US. In a few of the slides, they had a girl(?) in a wheelchair.

How do they expect us to believe that someone in a wheelchair was able to traverse through the paths? Are there some kind of tread attachments for wheelchairs or something? I remember seeing those Hoverround commercials where a bunch of old people scream out "HOVERROUND!" at the edge of the Grand Canyon or something, but how realistic is that?
>>
>>845022
glider insertion
>>
>>845022
Some popular national parks have easy trails near the parking lot. Some of these are paved
>>
File: original.jpg (1MB, 2787x1971px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
1MB, 2787x1971px
>>845022
There's also "Leveraged Freedom Chair" which some outdoor enthusiasts use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexoTE5hzOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PdkVQbJzPw
>>
>>845022
ADA compliance exists. There are MANY handi-cripple accommodations at national parks.
>>
>>845022
Obviously she rides around in a small amphibious assault carrier with a handicapped ramp.
>>
>>845037
Why the fuck should the crips lose out and not get good trails/views/
NPS needs to pave all trails and make sure they are wide enough or full access.
This is 2016 for god's sake. Why are we still walking on dirt rough cut crappy routes?
>>
File: tank-chair-wheelchair.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tank-chair-wheelchair.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
>>845022
>>
>>845043
thats fucking awesome
>>
File: mounteverest.jpg (210KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mounteverest.jpg
210KB, 1280x960px
>>845056
>complains about not enough paved trails
>wheelchair on Everest

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/29/nepal-is-banning-disabled-climbers-from-everest-so-here-are-seven-people-that-totally-nailed-it-5413581/
>>
>>845056
Because not everything should be paved.

>go walk to Walmart you chairbound cuck
>>
>>845081
Some wheel chair users have lost limbs serving their country. What have you done with your life you worthless NEET?
>>
>>845089
>lost limbs serving their country
Oh man that's really sad, they are both retarded and crippled.
>>
>>845056
I'm sure this is something the NPS thinks about a lot.
How accessible do you make the parks?
They don't have the budget for everything
Even if they did, paving every trail would in not good stewardship
So they pave the popular things next to the parking lots
>>
>>845043
that's amazing. not even broken and i want one.
>>
>>845089
>serving their country

In the USA that literally means welfare queens who fight for oil. The only thing crippling is their level of stupidity.
>>
>>845044
MANY is not good enough. It needs to be all or the gov't is discriminating.
>>845056
This
>>845081
Fuck yourself. I deserve to go where you can go.
>>845096
I would shoot you in the face and leave you disabled, but alive.
>>845119
>pave the popular things next to the parking lots
Not good enough
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 907x718px
>>845170
>"Handicapable"
>Can't even get up a mountain without A chair lift

Kek
>>
>>845170
You can't modify the woods. If it's a structure built within the last 15 years it's going to be ADA compliant.
>>
>>845179

cripples btfo
>>
Heh found it

https://youtu.be/-GWZp1U2iS4
>>
>>845179
They are going to have to going forward and retrofit all existing trails. There are a multitude of lawsuits already in process.
The Fed overstepped their bounds when they made every public building comply and it is biting them in the ass now. All major trails at all Federal parks will need to be in compliance by 2028, state parks will probably be given the same timeframe to +5 years.
>>
>>845204
>All major trails at all Federal parks will need to be in compliance by 2028,
This could be completely unrealistic depending on your definition of "major trail".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkmQffNYjk
>>
>>845213
Actually no, they can run bobcats and pavers in fairly easily once the trees have been cleared in a wide enough swath.
This is going to be the next big job/infrastructure project as well. I've heard AT & PCT are scheduled for start in 2018 and the expect to take about 18 months in a staged effort.

Major trail is going to cover about 75% of existing trails and they are looking at shutting down about 15% of the remainder to get to the required %.
>>
>>845022
>spic, nigger, and handicapped white whore
wow so progressive
>>
>>845230
>PCT
>wheelchair accessible
Do you have a link?

They would have to put in elevators at many passes
>>
>>845170
>It needs to be all or the gov't is discriminating

What is wrong with discrimination?
>>
>>845204
lol you're smoking some dank shit if you believe that will happen
>>
File: SPACE IS DIVERSITY.png (2MB, 2556x1580px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE IS DIVERSITY.png
2MB, 2556x1580px
>>845232
>>
>>845232
>niglet has to carry the whores gear

Not 2016 at all
>>
>>845362
He stole that from though.
>>
>>845368
DAS RIOT.
>>
>>845242
The source is his ass. There's no way that's a real plan.
>>
>>845370
They are doing the same thing with boat ramps that don't have cripple accommodation. The good thing is that eventually no one will have boats but the cops and fish and game officers. Honestly no one needs to be in the woods or on the lake so it makes sense to keep civvies out.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.