[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you stalk effectively innawoods? any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: stalking_jungle_115984.png (874KB, 753x414px) Image search: [Google]
stalking_jungle_115984.png
874KB, 753x414px
how do you stalk effectively innawoods?

any advice?
>>
>>843312
Be vewy vewy qwiet....
>>
>>843312
Don't wear shoes
>>
File: 100-0075xx.jpg (112KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
100-0075xx.jpg
112KB, 450x600px
>>843312
ghillie
>>
>>843314
I really really like this reply.
>>
>>843384
it's all yours, friend
>>
>>843312
wait until the last second before taking your pants off
>>
>>843314
Good work anon.
>>
>>843337
Naw, while you don't want regular stiff shoes, you still should have something to protect your feet, if not from rocks and shit, then from nematodes and shit that might try to get in through your soles.

One anon here a while back recommended old style leather turn shoes because he could feel the ground through them, but I can't say I've tried them myself.
>>
>>843451
I've never tried them either, but I was going to mention getting the right shoes. The soles of my hunting boots are semi-flexible and fairly soft. They're quite a bit more quiet than my normal shoes. That also gives them more grip when going up or down slopes than normal shoes.
>>
>>843384
>>843417
Thank you
Thank you
I only do one show a night, please tip your waiter.

They dont get it because they're millenials and those cartoons are illegal now and they can only see them on DVDs in Cambodia or on the deepweb (that they're too pussy to explore).
>>
File: 1464806789819.gif (2MB, 440x322px) Image search: [Google]
1464806789819.gif
2MB, 440x322px
>>843312
What are you stalking? Animals or humans?
For how long?
To kill or observe?
How close do you need to get?
Stationary or moving targets?
Do you know its location or do you need to track it?
>>
>>846553
>>846553
i'm not OP but i'd like some answers as well

>What are you stalking? Animals or humans?
Both, don't ask why
>For how long?
Hours maybe days
>To kill or observe?
Both
>How close do you need to get?
To the point where i can accurately shoot a pistol or knife
>Stationary or moving targets?
Both
>Do you know its location or do you need to track it?
Need to.
>>
>>846627
1. Stay downwind as to not attract attention to your smell.

2. Move only when the wind blows to cover your sounds.

3. Try to maintain higher ground than your prey.

4. Wear tight-fitting cotton clothing than blends with your surroundings.
>>
>>846636
>2. Move only when the wind blows to cover your sounds.
not that guy but
what if it's an arid environment without wind? how do special ops niggers manage to get so close to sentries without alerting them?

What do they wear? special boots?
>>
>>846640
they're vewwy vewwy quiet
mostly yeah, soft soles are good
>>
>>843314
I love you anon
>>
>>843312
Good pair of moccasins, plus being aware of your surroundings, goes a long way. Move slowly.

>>846627
>shoot a pistol or knife
How do I shot knife?
>>
>>843312
Choose your battleground, a stalker never goes into battle without knowing his surroundings

Discard everything that is unnecessary

Be willing and ready to make your last stand, apply all the concentration you have to decide whther or not to enter into battle

Relax and abandon yourself, fear nothing, only then will the forces that guide men open up the way and aid you

When faced with odds that cannot be dealt with stalkers retreat for a moment, they let thier minds meander, they occupy thier time with something else

Stalkers compress time, they dont waste an instant, even an instant counts, in a battle for your life a second may be an eternity, an eternity that may decide the outcome

A stalker never pushes himself to the front, he is always looking on from behind the scenes

Applying these principles brings 3 results, the first is stalkers learn to never take themselves seriously, they learn to laugh at themselves, if youre not afraid of being a fool you can fool anybody
The second is stalkers learn to have endless patience, they never fret, never in a hurry

The third is stalkers learn to have en endless capacity to improvise
>>
File: 1346988332688.jpg (113KB, 735x765px) Image search: [Google]
1346988332688.jpg
113KB, 735x765px
>>846882
By pulling the trigger, duh.
>>
>>846929
>pic
Hnnng. Do want.
>>
>>846882
>>shoot a pistol or knife
>How do I shot knife?
i think he means to the point where he is close enough to stab/slit someone's throat
>>
>>843312

I can see him.
>>
Most camoflage is too dark. Wear a nice medium grey.

Use your ears to hear them move.

Sit still and eventually you'll pick out their movement. Look for the round head and vertical legs.

I wear Redwing work boots because they can take the abuse- sneakers will allow star thistles and rasberry bush thorns through.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 455x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 455x264px
>>846627
>>843312
Meth will help. Doesn't matter if your prey tries to run, eventually they will get tired.

>>843314
(You)
You earned it.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>846882
ballistic knives
>>
What you do when accidentaly dry leaves? Cry and give up?
>>
>>843337
or pants
>>
>>848500
Dry leaves rustling isn't an uncommon sound and doesn't carry far. When you're close to your quarry, move when they/it move(s) and your sound will be hardly noticeable as long as you aren't dumb as fuck.
>>
>>846691
Any idea where I can source soft/leather soled shoes or moccassins? I'd prefer something that is over the ankle rather than an open moccasin.
>>
>>843312
Deer stalker here. Avoid scented products and be aware of wind direction, both will have your quarry running before you can get close.

Avoid touching branches and such as it can leave your scent and spook prey. Also breaking branches or modifying the landscape is something deer will take note of, and cause them to avoid the area. This is especially important if you want to continuously stalk in the same area.

As with any hunting trip, do your stalking either at first light or dusk.
>>
>>848542

Yep. Just move slower and steadier. I actually prefer dry leaves as it gives away the animals.
>>
>>843312
For hunting, walk upwind. Walk on the toes of you feet so you can better react so you don't snap a twig. If you know where the animal is, crawl if you have to go through an open spot. If you don't know where animals are, go very slow, you might only go a couple hundred yards per hour. A good rule is to take a couple steps then look for a minute, or just hide somewhere and wait for them to walk near you. Hope this helps.
>>
File: good dreams.jpg (135KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
good dreams.jpg
135KB, 990x660px
>>846640
not a "spec-ops nigg" but we used to have this rather good training exercise where 1 stands still, eyes shut, back thoards the other guy, and the other guy starts to sneak to the first, ca 50m away (forest). other guy wins if he can tap the first guys shoulder before the first can hear him.

basics: slow, very slow.
weapon aimed near the target sector
if need to be visually hidden then go low (all fours and lower)
blend into the background (camo clothing, camo paint)
break your contour (spruce twigs, long grass scout hat, snipers veil)
avoid (mask) shapes that seem unnatural (helmet, gun) or that are engraved to subconsciousness (eyes - nose - mouth, head - neck - shoulder)
practice, practice, practice
>>
>>843353
this i remember making one of these when i was 15, could've came out better, i want to give it another saw burlap rolls for sale at wal-mart, doubt i would ever use a ghillie suit for anything but it would still be a fun project, maybe i could give it to one of my bow hunting friends.
>>
move quietly and slowly
wear quiet materials, no rustles
>>
Go barefoot, or wear soft leather sandals or moccasins or any shoe with a soft sole. walk with your forfoot first.

it's just experience and natural skill really. not bragging but even when i started stalking animals i was quite good at it. some people have a natural instinctive skill at doing stuff.

if you don't, then just practise. eventually you will walk like a ghost through the woods, although even i'm not at that level yet.
>>
File: 1469975489633.jpg (29KB, 543x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469975489633.jpg
29KB, 543x533px
This thread. Iam imaoing at all the assassin/stalker/hitman/ninja edgelords.
So much tipping, so much respectful nodding.
Pic related

Ps: dont forget to bring your katana you cunts
>>
File: 1382032630188.gif (2MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1382032630188.gif
2MB, 352x240px
>>851884
Thanks for your contribution.
>>
>>848583
Beach shoes
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I prefer to stalk deer while hunting. Some tips I do:

-wash yourself with scent killing soap the night before and about an hour before going out.
-wash your clothes in scent less detergent
-scout the area out before-hand if you can, take note of deer trails, streams, high grass, and deer beds; try to figure out their daily routine.
-wear comfortable, not restricted clothing.
-learn to mimic the sound of your prey
-a nice pair of boots is best for stalking, shoes, so long as they fit well and are broken in, make little difference in how much sound you make
-whether your stalking deer or not, deer trails are great paths to reduce the noise you make.
-practice walking quietly. Your pulse and breath are going to go crazy so you need to train to suppress that as most animals can smell the sweat and hear your hyperventilating.
-move your foot quickly in the air, slowly onto the ground, be prepared to stop every muscle in your body and hold your breath if a twig breaks or a lead crunches.

The closest I've managed to sneak up on a deer was within ~10 feet. It was laying in tall grass and I didn't know it was there until it sprang up. Normally I almost always get within 20 feet of a deer before it hears me unless I make a mistake, which happens. Just practice and practice. Deer become jumpy during hunting season, so practice during the off season. Always wear high-vis orange in the woods, no matter what you're doing.

>pic unrelated
>>
Good luck passing through forests without making a sound, at least in New England where I live where the ground is covered in loose/fluffy/dry leaf clutter and 9000 sticks per square inch.

I enjoy walking quietly on trails though. It's an exercise I enjoy doing on quiet trails and I find it very meditative, just focusing on my footsteps and what/where to/not to step.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.