[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have $1,000 to spend, everything included, where do you go /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: generic pretty landscape.jpg (288KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
generic pretty landscape.jpg
288KB, 1200x675px
You have $1,000 to spend, everything included, where do you go /out/?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (588KB, 1222x805px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
588KB, 1222x805px
>>842720
the place in the picture is very close to where I live and it's completely run over by tourists now. Trash and screaming kids everywhere, it's sad. Nontheless it's a very beautiful place to be.
>>
$1000 isn't that much money
>>
>>842720
Las vegas. gamble my 1000 away. enjoy a couple of nights of "everything included" and GTFO back home hopefully with some extra money, but no harm no foul of I lose it all, wasn't mine.
>>
Bahamas or Cuba
>>
>>842720
Since 1000 USD isn't much in the first world, probably some place with a depressed currency. Maybe Russia since they've got a lot of good remote land and the ruble conversion rate is pretty tipped in the favor of the dollar..
>>
>>842766
From the U.S. you can fly just about anywhere in North and South America if the flights are timed correctly, since this is /out/, lodging can be cheap to free if you have a hammock or a tent.

>>842796
What about the other Slavic counties?
>>
File: VG_SR_Baths_01_mini.jpg (536KB, 2000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
VG_SR_Baths_01_mini.jpg
536KB, 2000x1331px
not enough money to make a go of it but here's a picture of virgin gorda
>>
>>842811
I'm sure the other slavic countries are fine too, I just mentioned Russia because it's got a huge landmass and some decent terrain. Not to mention I personally like colder climates and boreal forest type areas above most other types of /out/doors.

Also there's the added bonus of there being rail systems that can take you nearly uninterrupted and (fairly cheaply) deeper into Asia like Mongolia and china, both places with their own charms.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (107KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
107KB, 960x500px
>>842720

i am 6'4" so i cant fly coach :(

California Zephyr (train) to Glacier national park

pic is cosy sheep at glacier national park
>>
>$1000

Why am I so po' fag I only have $1k?

What happened to the rest of my cash?
>>
>>842937
>only have $1k?
my 1st thought as well.
>>
>>842766
>>842937
>>842938

I'm probably going to spend abut $3,000 each to go somewhere for vacation around New Years Eve, just thought it would be fun to see what you would all do with $1,000. Apparently the consensus is: complain it isn't more.
>>
>>842845
How much is a ticket from souther california to glacier, anon?
>>
>>843006
>complain
I wasn't complaining, I just wondered where my $$$ went
>>
>>843033

Back into daddies account I suppose
>>
>>843006
Personally sitting on $19k in cash at the house.

Net over $1.2k/week.

Net. That's after pre and post-tax deductions.

I may lead a blessed life, and gratefully so, but I've earned it by myself.
>>
>>843006
>$3,000
Then why didn't you give us $3000
$1000 is no man's land
If I go local, I spend way less. If I fly somewhere, it takes more. Most airports are not at a trailhead. In addition to a plane ticket there are usually further transportation and even lodging costs
>>
One way ticket to Thailand, paying extra to bring my diving gear with me. If there's anything left, I'll blow it on drinks on the plane.
>>
I get the sleeper train up to scotland and walk from bothie to bothie until I run out of money.
>>
I would probably go to the Tatra Mountains in Poland.
>>
>>842720
not very far.
i went to slovenia for 3 days cost me 500 euros.
beautiful mountains and lakes. kicked over some cairns. it was nice.
>>
I'd buy an interrail ticket and backpack around Europe.
I did 10 countries in 28 days back in 2013 with 1100 euros so it is doable.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 640x354px
>>842720
Rent a boat and go fuck around in The Keys for a couple days.
>>
I would probably go to Montana.
>>
>>842720
I'd go drive to somewhere in the inland northwest and do a lot of fly fishing and small game hunting.
>>
>>842720
Skyline drive national park. ~100 miles of the AT runs through it. Nice one week outing.
>>
>>842766
It isn't much in the US, but if you're in say, India, you could pay rent for a year with that amount. In Eastern Europe, it could last you maybe a few months.
>>
I'm a southern euro so either Norway or Sweden, tbf the beaches here seem like a little Scandinavia this time of the year. So many hot, thick, blue eyes, blonde qts.
>>
>>843266
Interrail is for suckers, go hitchhiking or go home. 24 days, 5 countries, spent about 60€
>>
For $1k, I can make it to Alaska and have a great time as long as I'm frugal as fuck (I'm in Montana, I figure 90% of that money goes to gas).
>>
>>843248

enjoy Thai prison when you overextend your Visa.

> you don't need a visa to go to thailand

One way? Fuck yes you do
>>
>>846571
I only needed to spend OP's 1 grand, he said nothing about me using my own money to pay for my stay or return ticket. My bad, I should have clarified, it just didn't occur to me that people wouldn't think I'd try to be a smartass about it.

But no doubt you're right about the visa, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to get stuck in a Thai prison.
>>
>>842720

Ah lago di braies. I've been there on my trip to the dolomites! Lago di Braies is actual fucking shit. If you want to walk around the lake its packed with people. Its like a bloody traffic jam. The surrounding mountains is wonderfull.
>>
File: IMG_20150909_125649.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150909_125649.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Same as last year.
>>
>>842720
>Stay in Scotland
>Use existing gear
>Walk entire coast over 6 months
>$1000 pays for all my food and weed for the 6 months
>Have amazing time
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.