[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

babbys first overnight alone or how to not be a little bitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0261.jpg (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0261.jpg
177KB, 640x480px
I like to be outside and want to do it more than I currently do.

today I was going to try to stay the night in a forest park just outside my city. I brought a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, some food and a pot to cook it in. I knew that this place had a shelter (pic is it) so I didn't bother with a tent.

So I start the fire, start cooking, eat my food and then just sit there and stare at the fire for three or so hours. It started getting dark at around 21:00 and I started to get scared. Looking into the fire destroyed my night vision so I couldnt see shit into the woods when I heard a weird sound or something.

So I figure that I might as well try to fall asleep, but I just couldnt relax at all. First, I wasn't even tired and three hours later when Im posting this Im not tired. Secondly, the thought of not having a door to close freaked me the fuck out. Literally anybody could just walk up to me when Im asleep. Third, I read way too much creepypasta to be alone with my imagination in the dark like that.

So I said fuck it and packed my shit, put out the fire and started making my way back through the pitch black woods. I regret this because that shit was ten times scarier. Saw eyes in the forest, some weird-ass cloudy white shape that seemed to be following me and some hood rats vandalizing a school once I got back to town.

So, my question is: how does someone quit being such a little pussy in the outdoors?

Anyone else here as much of a pussy as I am? Or anyone have been but gotten over it?
>>
view from the shelter

very comfy
>>
>>841858
rectally ingest a pint of milk
>>
>>841882
>milk
>not dirt water/pee with snakeskin
get /out/
>>
fire was dank tho
>>
fire was dank
>>
>>841908

Whats for dinner faggot
>>
>>841914
chili beans with a can of tuna and some roasted onion

regret buying cheap tuna probably made for cats
>>
File: th.jpg (9KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 300x240px
I carry one of these
>>
File: Solid-White-Tuna.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Solid-White-Tuna.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>841917
Solid white albacore tuna only, please.
>>
Who provided the seasoned split firewood you lying faggot?
>>
>>841918
But what if you encounter a windigo or a skinwalker, etc that doesn't believe in YVHV or Zeus?
>>
>>841968
It is in the rick shelter in the OP image.
>>
Load up a pack with a bunch of shit and hike for 12 hours before making camp. You'll be too tired to give a fuck.
>>
File: 1471730348246.jpg (290KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471730348246.jpg
290KB, 480x640px
I would have climbed on the roof of the shelter and slept there.
>>
>>841858
Simple, its the same way you got over being scared of stupid shit as a kid. You realize your imagination is running free, calm down and then just do it
>>
>>841858
You do realize that anyone can get in your house with very little effort if they want to, yes?
>>
>>842086
>Not living in a fortified compound with strong security measures
It's like you want the skinwalkers to get you.
>>
>>842091
skinwalkers aren't the problem. They don't want my stuff. People who want my stuff are the problem. Fortunately I am prepared.
>>
File: notaskinwalker.jpg (4KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
notaskinwalker.jpg
4KB, 400x436px
>>842097
>>842091
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>842086
BOOM
BOOM
CRASH
>>
>>841858

Take 100 mg of benadryl at dusk or right when you start eating dinner, for your first two overnighters. You're just not used to camping alone. You're going to be perfectly fine as a full grown adult in a trafficed camping area. Sleep with a knife close by if you need a security blanket. After a couple of nights in the woods, you'll have a realistic view on camping.
>>
>>842086
not nearly the same thing as sleeping in shelter with the fourth wall missing you dipshit
>>
>>842229
Yeah not the same, statically you're safer in the 3 walled shelter.
>>
>>842260
yeah but Im also afraid of flying although statistics says Im more unsafe in my car

people dont have rational fears
>>
>>842263
"Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics". Statistics are shit, never go by those.
>>
File: 1471548335911.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471548335911.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>842263
>10 planes in the air
>100,000 cars driving
>cars have more crashes

Well duh.
>>
>>842265
"Facts are shit. Never go by these"
>>
>>842268
Is that a fact?
>>
>>842266

Cars have more accidents per mile traveled.
>>
>>842302
What kind of accidents, fatal or just accidents. Because planes have a fairly high accident rate too, however most of those accidents are luckily not of the fatal variety and not usually reported in statistics.
>>
>>842266
It's not just that, cars are involved in crashes, and fatal crashes at a much higher rate.

Meaning if there are 1000 people in planes, and 1000 people driving, the 1000 people driving have a much higher chance of dying.

Of course there are more car crashes, but all things equal, cars are much much MUCH MORE dangerous.
>>
>>841858
Lmao reminds me of my friend who always claims to be outtier. But wont be like 500 yards away from his truck. And once I was just cutting some fishing line with my knife. And an owl had made one of those wooooooeeeeeep sounds. And he freaked the fuck out. Froze. And goes "what the fuck was that" me... "Its just an owl, hes looking at you telling you to piss off from his hunting area." h: "wow anon glad to know your creepy animal sounds" lmao

Basically find someone who actually goes out to stay. So you can get use to it with them.
>>
Top tips for not being a little bitch:

>go with friends
>sleep with a fire smouldering nearby
>start out in campsites before going into the wilderness
>brush up on nighttime wildlife so you can place sounds
>have a nightcap to calm your shit
>go armed(?)
>all of the above
>>
>>842460
>Meaning if there are 1000 people in planes, and 1000 people driving, the 1000 people driving have a much higher chance of dying.

That's not how it works.

You must have the same number of planes flying as the number of cars being driven to find out which one is safer. Otherwise, with your logic, 1 boat sailing 1 mile with 10 billion people that survives 1 trip would be the safest thing ever.
>>
I take a little nyquil. It makes me sleep so soundly, I don't even hear the skinwalkers sneaking up. Plus, it gives me a nice cherry flavor!
>>
>>842556
No you retard. It's how many safe miles you can travel without crashing. Doesn't matter which vehicle.
>>
>>841858
Try sleeping in your backyard first so you get used to the feeling of sleeping outside. Worked wonders for me because I was anxious as well.
>>
>>843626
I live in an apartment so I dont have a backyard. Not really viable to put up my tent on the communal lawn either because part of what fucks me up is knowing that anybody could just walk up to me while Im asleep.

So in that regard atleast I figure I'd feel better more far out innawoods. As you can see from my pictures, I wasn't very far out at all and at least during day time even families with little kids come there.

It's also kinda close to bad neighbourhoods and I walked trough a gang of niggers on my way back (even though they were within shouting distance of the edge of town, so not nearly as far out as I was).
>>
>>843868
Yeh it's an unsettling idea. But it's kinda pointless to worry about it.
A gang of niggers could also break into your house at any point. No one is going to kill you while out, probably the WORST will be robbing you of your stuff.
>>
>>842266
per capita dingus
>>
>>842266
>Construction memes
>>
>>844168
Or get raped
>>
>>841858
My first and only time /out/ was sleeping in shitty tent as kid in backyard. I was cold in the morning despite sweater and thick mattress.
Would do it again/10

About you, well. Gotta get used to the darkness, get a big knife so you can shank all these skinwalkers and other meme monsters.
>>
>>845618
Can't get raped when you enjoy it
>>
>>842097
> skinwalkers aren't the problem
I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>841917
Sardines are way better to eat directly from a can.
>>
File: DSC_0165.jpg (4MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0165.jpg
4MB, 2592x3872px
Where the fuck do you people live? Seems like no-one on /out/ has any trust for their fellow outdoorsman.

I can see that being a problem living in refugee infested countries or something, but up here in Scandinavia (at least up north) the expectation is NOT that anyone you meet or hear is about to pull a mora on you and shank you on the spot.
>>
>>841999
This. Same reason that soldiers can sleep anywhere in any condition. March with a ruck on for long enough and anything becomes a bed regardless of what's around you
>>
I sleep with a gun within reaching distance while at home or out.
>>
I don't camp alone. I don't find it to be a weakness of mine, I just don't camp alone.

I don't for 2 reasons. Another person is your greatest survival asset. With all of the people that want to bring guns in the woods or spend thousands of dollars on equipment to camp in hostile environments why would you go alone into the wilderness?

The other reason is that I like to experience the outdoors with other people. Going overnight alone is fine but after a few days it's miserable. Find a camping buddy.
>>
>>842107
>plsno
>>
Just go to sleep, you'll be fine. If anything comes close you'll notice, wake up and kill it.

I like to sleep with a gun, axe or big stick but it's by no means necessary.

If you're in an area where dangerous predators actively hunt humans, set up a string fence with a rattle attached.
>>
>>848445
Manlet scared of his own shadow detected.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.