[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting for money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1470585780803.png (229KB, 279x427px) Image search: [Google]
1470585780803.png
229KB, 279x427px
I hear you can get paid to kill coyotes, hogs, gators and shit

As in just turn in the heads for money

How do I do this and where do I go to do this
>>
>>840223

Louisiana/Texas for hogs I think

I think foxes and gators you can no longer get money for, unless you sell them specifically for the hide there is no bounty on them.
>>
>>840225
So, its called a bounty? Any specifics on prices per head? I hear tennessee is a good place too?
>>
>>840223
Check with the state Fish & Game office, they'll provide with a list of nuisance species and how to redeem any bounties on them.
>>
I trap starlings for farmers and install propane sound cannons for extra scratch. It's easier work than other forms of nuisance wildlife work.
>>
I don't wanna hippie out here, but if you're gonna kill an animal, at me at make use of the resources you get from it. Please don't be such a piece of shit that you just kill something and don't put it's body to good use
>>
>>840250
If they are a problem animal, removing them is just good conservation. Nothing to feel bad about.
>>
>>840250
>>840275
he's still not wrong. there could be additional money to be made.
>>
>>840277
He's not wrong, I just take issue with the "piece of shit" part of that statement. Although, wasting a good fur would be a damn shame.
>>
>>840225
there is no bounty on hogs in texas. if you find a rancher with a hog problem he might pay you. but this is the reason hogs are open seasonbyear round and ranch hands keep guns with them.

it is probably legal to kill coyotes for the pelts, but why? I love coyotes.

gators in texas is a very short closed ticket only hunting season. gators are not nuisance animals. if one happens upon you hea it is a nuisance, but they rarely do that. I can't imagine a state paying bounties on gators. their meat is delicious and their hides make excellent boots and belts. so you can do that.
>>
>>840223
gators and hogs, not so much, but 'yotes have a price on their heads in a bunch of places. easy money.
>>
File: Carmen.png (5KB, 89x101px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen.png
5KB, 89x101px
>>840223
I have a little sideline for you, if you're interested
>>
>>840344
I am not interested. pease do not tell it.
>>
>>840223
its like when your dad paid you a quarter for every pair of his shoes you polished for him

it's fun money if you enjoy doing the work, but as a career it's a fedora tier joke
>>
>>840413
>you think I can't slaughter 50k dollars worth of animals in a few months and go to college

It'll be a fuckin massacre
>>
File: HB00.jpg (357KB, 1280x729px) Image search: [Google]
HB00.jpg
357KB, 1280x729px
>>840322
>I love coyotes
So many people think coyotes are evil pests but they're just filling the void created by the extermination of wolves. Most coyote haters are also against the reintroduction of original predators.
>>
Brit here, visited St Augustine in Florida recently, was living with an ex-army Colonel who now works for the local state in wildlife protection. They pay $100 a ft for catching/killing certain snakes that have become pests.

Here in England you can probably ask farmers to pay you to clear out vermin with an air rifle, or just sell what you catch.
>>
>>840461
Go for it. Kill every animal you see except cows, pigs and chickens. Worthless fucks just taking up space
>>
>>840989
This

I love coyotes too, especially when they are talking
>>
>>840225
They pay out on nutria in Louisiana, I believe. Gotta turn in the tail. This was five years ago though.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>840223
I thought FL had a bounty on lionfish, but I guess it's just some raffle. Could be fun if you enjoy diving and spearing these fuckers.

>snekhed bounty when?

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/outdoors/article_6beb36cd-47ec-594c-8f42-aa72a798a1b7.html
>>
>>841175
Nutria are pretty tasty
>>
>>841212
lol you eat canal rats?
>>
>>841249
I've had it. Had lizard, dog and horse too. Meat's meat, it's no stranger than eating a sage grouse or a caribou.
>>
>>841260
so you eat dick then? meat's meat after all.
>>
>>841260
you are a feisty mothergucker. I have had lizard. and I spent 2 months in france so I have had horse. and I have eaten at some pretty shady vietnamese resteraunts, so I have probably eaten dog.

but never once did I ever look at an orange toothed nutria and want to eat it. they are literaly sewer rats.
>>
>>841263
Dick isn't really good meat though, it's mostly tough chewy vascular tissue.
>>
>>841297
you would know
>>
>>841266
Swamp rats, not sewer rats.

They actually have a really good diet in the swamps, too. Makes them taste better. A sewer rat would taste horrible because all it would eat is shit and garbage.
>>
>>841381
I'm from texas so all our swamps have been paved. nutria live in the canals here, which is where our storm drains go.

perhaps in louisiana they are delicious living in brackish dying tree water. but here they literally live in the end of our sewer systems.
>>
>>840989

Funny things about coyotes, when an unusual number of animals die from a pack in a short span of time the females respond by having larger litters. They will start breeding at an earlier age as well.

Instead of having 4-5 pups they will have 7-8-9. It means that even killing half of each pack each year will do little to reduce their overall population.

The fuckers are resilient. I think people mostly hate them because they tend to eat pets. A fat dachshund is a much easier meal than most

>>840223

Many places, especially around farmland will have open bounties on gophers, groundhogs etc. My uncle used to rent traps to his neighbors. Made a few hundred a month from the rental fees and collecting bounties on the tails. It was around 2004 and he would get a good 10$ a tail.
>>
>>840250
It's not a waste if there are other animals that will eat the carcass, think of it as feeding them.

In some areas an animal carcass can disappear in a couple of days, or less then a day.
>>
>>841617

This is a valid point. If it is a overpopulated species like hogs or something I say just leave them for the insects, fungi, and scavengers. Nature will do the clean-up for you and that animal's nutrients/energy goes back into the cycle. But if you can, harvest it's meat and organs for food/fertilizer.
>>
>>841175
I actually like nutria. I get that they're invasive and shit but I like them. Every interaction I've had with nutria has been positive.

Idk if they would eat the shit I grow though so i do keep them away from it.
>>
>>840322
Last I knew there was a $10 bounty on hogs in Texas.
Might have ended. Thats what happens with bountys, hunters start getting the bounty and get the animal numbers under control.
There was a $30 bounty on beaver in the county next to mine in Georgia, not sure if its still active either.
>>
>>841628
Wild boar is really gamey.
I like deer meat, but hog usually tastes almost rotten.
>>
>>840989
Watched an interesting piece about coyotes and coywolves in chicago suburbs. Believe it was Nature or Nova that produced it. Coyotes are just as adaptable as deer. Where I live, we have lots of deer, and in turn plenty of coyotes. Coyotes are usually trapped rather than hunted here and I might get into it in a couple years if I can get permission on land near my house.
>>
>>841263
Dick isn't meat though. Meat is muscle fiber while dick is a shitton of blood vessels in a sack.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.