[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cameras for \out\doors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: camera.jpg (26KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
camera.jpg
26KB, 400x268px
I want a camera for outdoors, I want a DLSR for the fact I want to do video recordings of things too.

It doesn't have to be "SUPER" light weight, as I motorcycle mostly to my /out/ adventures. so an extra bag isn't really an issue. the only thing I MUST have is an audio jack for hooking up an external microphone, the camera itself doesn't even need a microphone for all I care, just the ability to take low light pictures, and record in low light. AND to be at least water proof, so I can use it in the rain/around water like on a boat. [or has a decent enough waterproofing case]

but IDK what to get. what I want to do with the camera.

go to urban areas at night and just take pictures of the things around.
take pictures of birds at dawn/dusk
do lots of video recording of storms.
close up shots of bugs/mushrooms/plants/flowers

basically really boring shit. Everytime I see something cool I try to snap it with my cellphone camera, LGG3 fyi. and it either didn't focus right, or the picture is just not clear enough.

as far as price, I want a fair price, but I also want a decent enough camera to work with, that I can use for the next 10 years without having to worry about quality.
>>
As a photographer: any DSLR will be too hevy around your neck after an hour. Get a smaller mirrorless cam like the Nikon 1 oder even a waterproof outdoor compact cam

Theres virtually no reason to drag a heavy ass DSLR into nature.
>>
>>839497
>hevy around your neck
You know LowePro makes some pretty amazing backpacks. yes?
>>
>>839502
Oh youre that kind of photographer.... so you wanna drag the cam out od0f the ruck and put it back several dozen times per day?

Protip: your cam needs to be ready. And to achive that it has to hang in front of your chest.
>>
>>839504
>Protip:
You haven't a clue
F8 & be there

Oh, and fuck off........
>>
>>839522
Ok if you say so it must be right.
>>
I've got the olympus omd mark II. It's a mirrorless but weather proof, lightweight, and takes great pictures. Have some decent lenses and will upgrade the body when i have more disposable income to play with.
>>
>>831358
>>
i've got a similar question but i'm only after mirrorless. at the moment i'm looking at the sony alpha a5000
>>
>AND to be at least water proof
For DSLRs, that leaves you with Pentax and Pentax only. They're the only ones that are truly weather-sealed.
I never used a Pentax but they're shilled on /p/ so they can't be all that bad. No idea what their video quality is. I hope you realise that DSLRs + good lenses is quite expensive.

Another option is to buy a Canon DSLR, they are known to be the best for video (while Nikon are the worst), and slap some camera rain protection coat on it. But that would suck.
>>
>>839478
>go to urban areas at night and just take pictures of the things around.
>take pictures of birds at dawn/dusk
>do lots of video recording of storms.
>close up shots of bugs/mushrooms/plants/flowers

>MUST have is an audio jack
>ability to take low light pictures
>and record in low light
>at least water proof
>or has a decent enough waterproofing case

I hope you realize that these things you list cost together hell of lot of money. There aren't too many weather sealed bodies with sensitive sensors and ability to record good video. Also for shooting birds you need really expensive glass and close ups need their own lens. You are talking about a budget that is multiple thousands of bucks.
>>
>>839632
Pentax is the worst for video because for some reason they stopped to use their mechanical shake reduction and the software solution is horrible

the k5 still has mechanical reduction but has an abnourmous big file format and you'd need very bid sdcards

otherwise the k5 is very well made, weatherproof, metal chassis, good 16mp sony-sensor and quite cheap
>>
>>839478
>>839478
Not op But what would you buy if you only had like $250 max?
>>
>>839654
if you absolutely can't increase your budget, I'd say look for some entry-level DSLR on the second hand market. People sell their cameras very very often, especially entry stuff, and you can get some great bargains.
Entry-level cameras are quite good by the way so it's not like you're wasting money. They're obviously not as good as the camera that costs 3000$ without even any lens, but they're still good.
>>
>>839632
>only ones that are truly weather-sealed
Not true. I didn't realize it when I bought it and I would still be hard pressed to not react and cover it up but my Nikon is supposedy weather sealed.
>>
>>839737
I have a D7100, it's alleged to be 'weather resistant'. However, Nikon has NEVER clarified the extent of this resistance, so I'm cautious. I would say taht my D7100 has been in light rain before without anything bad happening to it, but never in the middle of a storm. Don't have the guts.
Pentax is confirmed weather resistant, I think you can even film with it underwater but not sure.
>>
>>839747
no, don't take them underwater
they are sealed with 80 to 100 sealings but only against rain and dust
the better canikons are also sealed, also many olympus and most midrange mirrorless and you can also use unsealed products in light rain but you will never know to what degree
>>
>>839747
exactly what I was saying. I'm certainly not going to risk it. I've been thinking about getting a Pentax for salt kayaking. $500 would make me sad to trash but it woudn't kill me.
>>
too poor for a DSLR but I have heard the Pentax K50 is a good camera that is weather sealed and not too pricey
>>
>>839478
Panasonic DMC-CM1 is cheap now, you also save weight cause you dont have to carry a phone too.
>>
File: Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-CM1.jpg (671KB, 2953x2067px) Image search: [Google]
Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-CM1.jpg
671KB, 2953x2067px
>>839811
forgot pic.

its a cellphone btw but a camera first rather than the other way around
>>
shoot on film with a 35mm Holga, they are plastic so they are very light and pretty cheap
>>
When I get to a computer. Ill write a proper reply. But a DSLRs doesn't weigh that much. I've been in the camera shop picking them all up. My machete weighs more then almost all of them.
>>
>>840027
Camera itself doesn't weigh much.
Its all the other shit (lenses, tripods, strobes, batteries, triggers) that adds up.
>>
>>840054
I hike and camp with my DSLR on a regular basis and apart from two lenses and a spare battery I literally take none of that other shit so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Unless you're an ultra-light fag the weight is a non-issue.
>>
>>839655
Thx anon
>>
>>839478
you mouth breathe I'm guessing. it has to be x and has to be y but it also has to be z oh yeah and it has to be at a good price. fucking pick one you autistic millenial fuck.
>>
File: 1471574669673.jpg (311KB, 1326x620px) Image search: [Google]
1471574669673.jpg
311KB, 1326x620px
>>839478
just take a gopro you autist
>>
>>840502
Wow, who's the autistic one here? Do you realize when you purchase a product that it is actually possible to want and get x, y , and z? One would need to research and decide where they want to compromise, if at all. Then you compare all of the models that have x, y, and z.
Then after deciding or narrowing your choice down you can look for the best price. Maybe even find it on sale.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.