[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearms /Out/doors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 100_0465[1].jpg (2MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
100_0465[1].jpg
2MB, 4288x3216px
What does /out/ carry when /out/doors?

I carry my Taurus PT111 9mm with me at all times, either in my molder belt holster or an IWB depending on where I am and whether or not I'm near other people.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of guns while /out/, and instead prefer to carry a spray or other kind of deterrent. I carry because I have a lack of trust of other campers due to a past experience, and I'm willing to sacrifice the non-lethal option for the deterrence that a firearm has. I want to get a higher caliber weapon, more than likely a revolver, to actually be able to defend against an animal, say a mountain lion or boar.

What is /out/s general opinion on firearms innawoods? Do you carry, and why?
>>
>>839175
>What is /out/s general opinion on firearms innawoods?
I like to have one.

>Do you carry,
Yes.
>and why?
Two-legged predators, mostly. If though some celestial misfortune I should stumble onto a drug deal or a grow site or a meth lab or something then I'm sure as shit going to want a gun. Apart from that, it's useful for survival purposes. I don't really worry about critters at all because there are no wolves or brown bears where I live, mountain lions are shit-scared of people and dogs, and black bears will fuck right off if you yell at them. I honestly worry more about coyotes than anything else; those little shits can become absolutely fearless and they travel in packs.
>>
>>839182
Coyotes are a problem everywhere, it seems. The county offered "bounty rewards" on them where I was out west because they were enough of a problem, and I used to see them on a daily basis. Down here in the South they don't show their faces, but they eat small animals like cats and chickens during the night.

Mountain lions out in Tooele County of Utah are becoming a problem because the people living there have thought it a good idea to start feeding the deer.
>deer head into the valley
>mountain lions follow
Last I heard nobody had been attacked, but there were more than enough sightings to be worried about. And that's in the suburbs for fucks sake.
>>
I don't carry
I own some guns but haven't gone through with getting my CCW yet
There's a place where I can get all the instruction and training done in one day and also provides free ammo which is cool
>>
Either my shield 9mm, g19 or g20, depends on the situation.
>>
>>839175
Wrong board champ. Fuck off to /k/
>>
>>840045
Wow you really told him, nice.

Thank you for

Correcting the record

gunz r fur faigz
Right, normal people do not foam at the mouth when people post outdoor threads on an outdoor board.

Spergs think asking about an axe/hatchet should be on /k/, good thing spergs are a very vocal minority, nobody cares about you or your shit-for-brains opinions.
On topic, yes I carry because I value my life and put my life in my hands and not others hoping that everyone is flowers and butterflies and in my region there are more wildlife that can kill you than not.
>>
>>840059
>yes I carry because I value my life
>thars scarry things out there guise. Ive shot my own shadow b4 hehe

I for one feel safer.
>>
What I currently carry. Glock 40 loaded with 220gr hand loaded HOT. Carry it in a universal holster that covers as much of the gun as possible. Don't wanna put more wear and tear on my guns then I have too
>>
>>840085
>I said that verbatim and you did not make any of that up

Thank you too for your great service to our world for

Correcting the record

Think of the children!!!!
>>
I have always thought it was dumb to carry a gun while /out/ but I recently met a man who carried some kind of revolver (I'm not a gun guy, don't know what kind) loaded with blanks. He said he has had some sketchy encounters with other people in the wild (as have i) but doesn't want to kill anyone. I find this extremely respectable and have been thinking of doing the same. Does anyone else load blanks for this reason?
>>
>>839175
Revolvers are pretty good
When I backpack I take the .22
>>
>>840259
Your going to find out that blanks cost more than real bullets - and can be easily seen inside your revolver

Just get real bullets anon lol, I have a Ruger .38 and it's fun to shoot, looks cool
>>
>>840259
I you are going to carry and pull a weapon, regardless of knife or gun, you better be prepared to use it to disable 1st and kill 2nd.
If you cannot handle that or have issues with it DO NOT carry. You are ony going to get hurt or dedded yourself.
>>
File: dscn4514.jpg (70KB, 1024x318px) Image search: [Google]
dscn4514.jpg
70KB, 1024x318px
>>
>>839191
Same in KY but with boars. Back on the Fort the army had me training at they had such a bad boar problem on base they started giving 5 bucks for every boar ear we brought in. shit was tight.
>>
>>839175
I carry a 4in .44 mag, S&W Model 29.

I need it for the many mountain lions in the area that I live.
>>
>>840301
>I need it for the many mountain lions in the area that I live.
Oh yeah? How many mountain lions have you taken out with that hand cannon of yours tex? 10? 20?
>>
>>840401
It's the same concept with owning firearms for home or self-defense. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.
>>
>>840315
>Being scared of mountain lions
You are more of a pussy than the cats you are afraid of.
>>
>>840443
There is a mountain lion preserve 120 miles away, they are very common around here.
>>
>>840446
Whatever you say puss puss.
>>
>>840283
Wat

You always shoot to kill
>>
>>840283
You got those orders reversed bucko. Don't point a gun at anything anything you don't intend to kill. That's like gun course 101.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_204228.jpg (296KB, 1911x1075px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_204228.jpg
296KB, 1911x1075px
>>839175

Glock 29 with hardcast Underwood 200gr
>>
ITT:Insecure manlets scared of their own shadows try to justify carrying a firearm because, big cat.
FFS please keep your dumbasses in the city, thanks.
>>
>>840710
ITT: people telling others how much better they are than them because they dont carry the firearms they paid for

Please keep your dumbass comments in /b/ or /r9k/, thanks
>>
>>840710
For a moment I forgot how many europoor faggots there were on this board.
>>
>>840283
>shoot to disable

No. You never do this. You aim for center mass and you don't stop shooting until there is no longer a threat.
>>
>>839182
I have never heard of a wild coyote attacking an adult human. In captivity, sure, i'd believe it, but never wild.

And I carry everywhere I go, not just /out/.
>>
>>840094
Have you chronographed them? Doubletap has some 135s that it claims are moving 1600fps out of a Glock 20. I'd like to see what they do with that extra 1.4" of barrel.
>>
I'm gonna carry Ruger M77 chambered in .308 on the next hunting trip. I also have a Remington 870.
I only carry during hunting season, since carrying in public is illegal outside hunting season (Unless we're stepping into bear country, which is pretty far away from where I usually go) Norwegian regulations...
>>
>>839175
Armalite AR-7 (One of the original 1950's/60's versions) in the ruck, 1911A1 or CZ-75 on the belt or in a nondescript toiletries bag, depending.
>>
>>840471
Do you have an aftermarket barrel for the gun? I watched a Hickok video recently where he shot hard cast Underwood out of the stock barrel and had horrible accuracy, then swapped to a Lone Wolf barrel and the accuracy was fine. I have a G20 and never did that much research, but now I've decided that I need bigger boolets and I want them to be accurate.
>>
>>839741
Same here.
I can knock out classes and required range time in a 9 hour class on Sunday
The cool thing is the place I want to go to has a lawyer come in who specializes in gun law and all that who answers questions
It is pretty expensive($175) but they get pretty much only praises
>>
>>839175

A lot varies on what I'm doing, how I'm getting around. I always got my G19 or G17 on me.

If on foot I might usually bring a 10/22 or a 590a1.

If I am quading, I usually bring my 14 inch AR10.
>>
>>840283

Are you retarded or any thing?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.