[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4-Year-Old Girl Survives Mountain Lion Attack While Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 24

File: 51.png (352KB, 773x429px) Image search: [Google]
51.png
352KB, 773x429px
http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-girl-survives-mountain-lion-attack-camping/story?id=41387132

>out with young kids
>notices large predator in the area
>doesn't make sure the kids are watched closely and or that they know the dangers

better put up signs and start building walls!
>>
i don't get it is this thread >>>/pol/? it sounds like you're trying to be >>>/pol/
>>
>>837873
if you meant about the walls, that was not /pol/, but a reference to the disney incident
>>
>>837875
oh ok. but yeah mountin' lions are ambush predators and adults are in danger around them, nevermind chil's. i'm glad she's more-or-less ok.

i live in an area that has no mountin' lions except every couple years one will be spotted in the suburbs prowling about, and it's pretty scary. if you have kids you can't fuck around with that.
>>
>>837871
Lucky they didn't have their parenting license revoked.
>>
What a lucky kid, in the future she can tell people she survived a cougar attack
>>
>>837889
that little girl should get herself a lawyer and sue the dick out of her parents.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
They hired some badass tracker and his dogs and the cougar is kill
>>
>>837871
See /out/tists
Only 4 year olds are cougar bait

Stop being so afraid of being outside
>>
>>837871
damn, i'm glad that kid is okay, that must have been horrifying.
>>
>>837989
truth is cougars go after anything while they are young an inexperienced and starving. once you trigger their instinct they stop caring how big you are or how much you hit them.
there was a guy who biked through the woods and a cougar jumped him he had to kill the cat it didn't even stop when hi hit it with his bike..
>>
>>838048
I'd mount its head on my bike form then on.
>>
>>837892
I survived a cougar attack, best sex of my life.
>>
>>837873
Fuck off you diseased slut
>>
File: cougar-safety.jpg (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cougar-safety.jpg
320KB, 640x480px
>>838083
>>
Cougars very, VERY rarely kill people. Most of the time those people are young kids, other times smaller adult females. They very rarely attack adult men. Only like 3 men have ever (last 150 years) been killed in North America by mountain lions.
>>
So should I stop being afraid of cougars?

I mean, I could probably have faired better against that toddler than that cougar did.
>>
>>838178
they only kill the men that disappoint them see: >>838161
>>
>>838178
I've been struck by lightning while inside my house, anon. I don't trust statitics.
>>
>>838279
>using computer during a lightning storm
>not having a grounder on the roof
>>
>>838279
In a given year you're more than 1000 t8mes as likely to die from bring struck by lightning than by cougar.
>>
>>838180

Depends if the cougar wanted a quick snack, or is ready and expecting a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3QFMkkBnk

Good luck fighting at 200 lb house cat with razors all over it
>>
>>837871
like honestly what the fuck was the father thinking. you have one job. Who the hell goes into regions known to have dangerous animals without a fire arm.
>>
>>838304
Not true. Why? The only time you are in endagered by a cougar is if you are in the presence of one, at any given time on Earth lightning can occur. So you must divide cougar attacks by cougar sightings, then compre with lightning hits on people vs global lightning strikes. You will realize that cougars are actually extremely dangerous in comparrison. A cougar threat is not real in many places, but the second a cougar exists in that area that particular area is much more at risk from the cougar than from lightnng.
>>
>>838319

R E K T
>>
>>838315
>Good luck fighting at 200 lb house cat with razors all over it
nasty but most grown human males would win the fight.
the problem with cougars is they like to come from behind and go for the neck vertebrae. basically you can die before it turns into a fight.
>>
>>838356

>being this delusional
>>
>>838358
no just realistic.
most animals our weight are no match for a human in a fight.
>>
>>838316
>gunz to teh rescue again guize! who needs critical thinkin' when you gotz a hand cannun.
>>
>>838316
What region is free of dangerous animals? Are you planning on following your kids wherever they go with your firearm?
>>
>>838361

Pretty sure a cougar is not one of those animals, it being armed to the teeth quite literally.

You would have a hard time fighting a full grown pitbull, that only has its mouth to do damage with.

Now imagine a cougar that weighs 100 pounds more and has 4 paws that can shred through you like its nothing, on top of a mouth that only wants to grab onto your neck and never let go.

You'd have to be pic related to stand a chance
>>
>>838319
You clearly have no idea how statistics work.

Cougars are not extremely dangerous.

More people have been killed drowning in molasses in the last 150 years than by cougars in North America (look it up).

Cougars avoid people, that's why you don't see them. They have no interest in people. Attacks are so rare they are nearly statistically insignificant.

Cougar sightings have absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever and you're belief of that shows a true misunderstanding of nature. Cougars are rarely sighted because they don't want to be seen, but trust me, Cougars see people all the time, you just don't see them.

You are still 1000 times more likely to die from lightning than a Cougar. 50 people a year die in the USA every year from lightning. Only 20 people in the last 150 years have been killed by cougars.

Cougars exist near people in California every day, all year, they are in close proximity to humans their entire system lives, and yet hardly any people have died from them.

Even living in the territory of a cougar, you are STILL more likely to die from lightning.
>>
>>838372

>big paragraph of opinionated bullshit

This is not how you disprove facts, anon.
>>
>>838372
No, the numbers are in fact that different. They are hugely more dangerous. Yes, sightings do matter. It objectively proves an individual cougars responsiveness toward a human.
>>
>>838316
And as the cougar is holding the kid in its mouth you're going to shoot the cougar? A gun would have done nothing, and possibly shot the kid. By the time the cougar dropped the kid you'd never have even had a chance to shoot, and it's not like there was a standoff beforehand where you'd have a shot. The cougar appeared out of nowhere, grabbed the kid, then dropped it and ran off.
>>
>>838378
You're an idiot.

20 people in 150 years have died from cougars. The majority of them children. How again are they dangerous? There's thousands of sightings every year.

Seeing a cougar does not make danger.

Cougars responsiveness towards humans? It's well documented they avoid them nearly completely.

Not sighting a cougar does not mean there somehow is no cougar in the area.

They live close to huge populations of people in California and still have only killed about 8 people in that state ever.

Please stop arguing this, it's mind boggling how stupid you are. Please understand what statistics are before spouting any more inane bullshit.
>>
>>838377
Hate to tell you but that paragraph is nearly all solid facts. There's not one opinion.
>>
>>838377
>>838319

Don't feed the troll, he's just baiting.
>>
>>838370
>Pretty sure a cougar is not one of those animals, it being armed to the teeth quite literally.
pretty sure you are just a pussy and have no idea what humans can do.
>You would have a hard time fighting a full grown pitbull
nah, it's not hard it gets incredibly hard when there are more than one tho.
>You'd have to be pic related to stand a chance
that guy is insanely big he could kill a cougar one handed. i'm a mere 6'3 250lbs but i could kill one pretty damn fast. especially if i have my edc on me (which i would because i always do).
>>
>>837871
my uncle was killed by a cougar while trapped in a molasses barrel. bit his face clean off. I'm generally into cougars but some of them dress too slutty and try too hard such that it's a turn off. they need to know when they're past their prime
>>
>>838387
A cougar sighting means that they are no longer attempting to evade you. THAT is danger. Idiot. Thousands of sightnings vs literally hundreds of billions of lightning strikes. Idiot.
>>
>>838401
wait, who was in the barrel?
>>
>>838315
Unless it's literally starving to death or diseased or something almost all mountain lions will NOPE the fuck out after attacking a human, even a kid. As far as big cats go they're downright shy.
>>
>>838408
young ones sometimes are stupid.

they don't have real hunting experience and not set on their prey and strategies like adults are but already alone and chased out of other cougars territories.
they will try anything pets, children sometimes even grown people but mostly pets.
>>
>>838394

You are the definition of brain dead
>>
>>838410
Of course they're going to eat pets. Everything eats pets. Even the fucking snakes eat pets if you're in Florida.

Also, juveniles fall under "or something" and even then they usually go "oh shit fuck my dinner is screaming this is 2weird I'm out of here" and bolt after they realize that that biker they tried to munch wasn't a deer.
>>
>>838412
well get me a cougar and a license to kill i will prove my point.
not that i hate cats, but i hate whiny faggots like you.
maybe i won't kill the cougar just dry hump it to submission.
>>
>>838414
>and bolt after they realize that that biker they tried to munch wasn't a deer.
cougars are famous for having tunnel vision when it comes to attack. once they start there is no stopping them they don't care for shit anymore. utter kill focus.
that's dangerous as fuck especially when they attack older or weaker people.
>>
>>838416

>tfw you realize humans were made to create tools to kill
>tfw you realize cougars have tools built in

>bbbut i can totally use this move i learned in karate on it xD
>>
File: mountain-lion-kills-wolf.jpg (98KB, 703x797px) Image search: [Google]
mountain-lion-kills-wolf.jpg
98KB, 703x797px
>>838416

"I wont kill the cougar just dry hump it to submission"

- random fatass anon who knows absolutely nothing
>>
>>838454
>manlets
>when will they learn?
>>
>>838450
>>838450
humans killed just about everything even before they had tools to hunt with.
>>
>>838474

Idiot detected
>>
>>838479
weak ass pussy detected
hurry and cover up your vagina! it's bleeding.
>>
>>838479
>Ancient humans used complex hunting techniques to ambush and kill antelopes, gazelles, wildebeest and other large animals at least two million years ago. The discovery – made by anthropologist Professor Henry Bunn of Wisconsin University – pushes back the definitive date for the beginning of systematic human hunting by hundreds of thousands of years.
>Two million years ago, our human ancestors were small-brained apemen and in the past many scientists have assumed the meat they ate had been gathered from animals that had died from natural causes or had been left behind by lions, leopards and other carnivores.
>But Bunn argues that our apemen ancestors, although primitive and fairly puny, were capable of ambushing herds of large animals after carefully selecting individuals for slaughter. The appearance of this skill so early in our evolutionary past has key implications for the development of human intellect.
>>
>>838487
also later persistence hunting basically allowed us to run the prey to it's death it had no energy left to fight. sometimes they were chased off cliffs again no weapons needed to kill even very large game.
neanderthals evidently simply tackled and wrestled to submission even big game.
>>
>>838480

Yeah, all those caveman drawings depicting us hunting without bows or spears really stuck with me as well. Everybody is just a pussy nowadays.

Our ancestors hunted mammoths and deer with their bare hands!

Oh wait that never happened, probably because we weren't considered predators until we sharpened and created our own claws and fangs.

How did you survive childhood? You an absolute retard and all should've made it difficult
>>
>>838487
>>838491

>I believe this one guys theory over the accepted one and you should as well
>If you believe otherwise you're a fucking idiot

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>838492
>probably because we weren't considered predators until we sharpened and created our own claws and fangs.
you are so wrong about this it hurts. we were successful predators long before we used any tools.
>>
>>838492
>caveman drawings
that's a few ten to hundred thousand years back we are talking about millions. humans didn't even resemble modern man they were tiny apes when they already hunted.
>>
>>838496

>you are so wrong about this it hurts. we were successful predators long before we used any tools.

>"I saw a documentary once and liked it so what you're saying is wrong"
>>
>>838493
dude, i you take a look at how chimps hunt (yes some groups with tools most without) you will realize how stupid you sound right now.
>>
>>838501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYViR9MqrU
>>
>>838487
>>838491
>>838496
>>838499

Crazy how none of the apes alive today have any of these traits, almost as if you're wrong and it never happened.

>>838502

Killing a monkey that's likely in the same tree as you isn't the same as

"sometimes they were chased off cliffs again no weapons needed to kill even very large game.
neanderthals evidently simply tackled and wrestled to submission even big game.
"

Brb man, chasing a deer off a cliff, because we are capable of that.
>>
>>838506
>because we are capable of that.
indeed, but of course it was a group effort.
it was not like naked dudes ran around chasing horses off cliffs and shit.

a lone man can run down almost any herbivore tho. exception is obviously the largest mega-fauna. you want the big ones the strong ones they gas out faster. and you have to be lean and mean. anything up to your body-weight is easy pickings. above that it must be a group effort or you risk serious injury and death.
>>
>>838506
>Crazy how none of the apes alive today have any of these traits, almost as if you're wrong and it never happened.
are you literally retarded? humans are the only persistence hunting apes in existence. but many chimps and baboons hunt the shit out of many things. chimp mostly hunt monkeys because that's what they have. baboons hunt gazelles larger than themselves.
>>
>>838279
Cougar gon' jump out of the cupboard and kill youu
>>
>>838356
Are you crazy my house cat could kill me if it wanted to, you've got no chance against a couge unless you use a weapon.
>>
>>838515
>Are you crazy my house cat could kill me if it wanted to
wat
>you've got no chance against a couge unless you use a weapon.
i disagree it would be brutal tho much neater and faster if i have my knife on me.
>>
Wow gunfags BTFO
How will they ever recover?
Why would we need guns when even a 4 year old can survive a cougar attack?

Hmm really makes you think.
>>
>>838520
there was a guy who had his dog taken by a cougar he ran after it and punched it in the face. he got his pet back but he also had a pissed off cougar on his hand that he shot because i guess he was not so keen on having his skin torn to ribbons on his ass. but it's definitely doable.

i mean if i had a gun i would use it if you ever had to take your cat to shower you know what's coming if you fight a big cat. it would be no joke.
>>
I was attacked by a cougar and won.

AMA.

Yes, I killed it. With rocks.
>>
>>838511

>carefully word it to make it seem like baboons and other primates are downing full grown gazelle and etc

>reality is they only hunt babies
>>
File: 63.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>838412
Just because anon is proud of his species and has a confident demeanor in humanities apex predator title doesnt mean hes braindead.

A cougar would make a mess of a human on a good day, but humans are pretty fucking bananas when it comes to fighting to the death, not to mention our body takes catastrophic punishment before throwing in the towel, the cougar would either decide hes getting his shit pushed in and run, or die in a mixture of confusion and torn muscles/broken bones. Seeing as we don't have claws you'd have to bluntforce and twist his non-twisties into submission.

>And possibly burst eardrums from the humans warcry
>"WITNESS ME!"
>Cougars fw he realises hes not shiny and chrome

However all of the above is a moot point if it ambushes an unsuspecting human, then its game over.
>>
>>838279
holy shit, seriously?
>>
>>838487
>Professor Henry Bunn of Wisconsin University
Does not have a time machine and is speculating
Anthropology is a pretty soft science and any conjectures it makes should be taken lightly
>>
>>838611
Ever seen how a 100lb police dog can rip a man to shreds like the guy is a fucking pillowcase? Okay wlel cougars jump four times further, bite twice as hard, AND use their arms and legs and CLAWS. Their rear legs can kick you 20 feet into the air as a 200lb man, while digging 3-4 inch claws deeply into you.... 20 of them.

Your bones will be broken just from the tackle, and more will break from each swipe. Their power is so great you may die before you even bleed to death which is likely from the hundreds of deep rips in your flesh.

Also, you can't gouge a cats eyes out like you can a person's eyes.

you are 100% blowing smoke you of your ass if you don't bash it to death with big rocks and sticks and even then it is a long shot

I'm >>838525 by the way

I seriously want to know how you think you can run away when your hips are dislocated and and you're losing blood faster than you can drink water
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHoBEERqGo8

Now imagine a Cougar 2x bigger
>>
>>838632
I didnt say i would run away? I said the cougar wouldnt stick around to get permenently damaged if you fought back enough. Predators dont want to starve to death because of a broken leg.
>>
>>838652

Cougars don't think the way you think, retard.
>>
>>838661
Why do you think they ambush. Predators try to avoid damage at all costs because becoming slower than your prey due to injury means starvation for them.

Retard.
>>
>>838402
A cougar that is seen, wants to be seen, you're the idiot.

They're ambush predators. If one attacks you, you won't see it before hand. If you do see it, it's not a danger to you.

Just like Tigers, even if they are planning an attack, and are spotted, they often then do not attack.
>>
>>838663
This is absolutely true. Cougars when they do attack a human, are often easily fought off. That's because for the human, it's a fight to the death, for the cougar, they can't risk injury. If it's too much trouble, they disengage.

There's a reason predators almost always take prey that is the weakest, or oldest. It's not because they taste better, it's because it's easier.

Even a broken toe, missing tooth, sprained ligament, means death for many predators. They don't risk injury.

Appearing threatening can dissuade a bear even. They don't want a fight to the death, they want a meal.
>>
>>837871
dude in 14 years she will be the hottest chick in her school
>>
>>838676
Shut up. No. Hunting and a violent attack are completely different. A cougar does not see you as a meal, it sees you as something to practice killing, either that or it cannot hunt its normal food anymore because it may be injured or going crazy, in this case you will very likely witness the cat. Being able to see a cat is VERY bad.
>>
>>838652
You won't survive. You won't even be able to move after it runs off.
>>
>>838770
You must be a hemophiliac.

>Bradley Kasal
>Hit by seven 7.62x39mm rounds
>43 pieces of shrapnel
>Loses 60% of his blood
>Continued fighting/killing insurgents with a Kabar.

Theres an example of the effects of adrenaline and a fighting spirit. FYI, he survived. So stop talking bullshit champ.
>>
This thread is full of pussies and people that have never been outdoors. All you need to do is grab a lion by the scruff and it will stop being aggressive, it will have a flashback to being raised and think you are it's mom, same story from housecat to Cecil. Needing a weapon to fight a mountain lion is the equivalent of needing an RV to camp for a weekend. 99% of mountain lions are under 100lbs.
>>
>>838778
But what if you do need an RV to go camping?
>>
>>838632
>rear legs can kick you 20 feet into the air as a 200lb man

ya, I've heard they can leap 200 ft into the air and fly too

cougars are amazing APEX predators. I've seen them take down planes out of the sky b4

once I seen a feline tackle a tank and the tank exploded and was sent flying 200 miles backwards shit was real

like, feline bones are made of titanium and they can tear thru ur bones becuz animal bones are TITANIUM

i know what im' talking about
>>
>>838767 #
This is simply not true.

Cats don't practice killing on humans. If they did they would have done it more than 20 times in 150 years. This is fact and you're wrong.

Nearly every recorded cougar death has been an ambush attack. Do a little research. You're just assuming because you think you're smart. Facts don't lie. You're just wrong.
>>
>>838778
Sure thing, champ.
>>
>>838799
No that simply proves we are not natural food for them. MEANING THAT IF YOU SEE ONE THE FUCKER IS NOT OF GOOD HEALTH AND NEEDS AN EASY TARGET.
>>
>>838793
their hind legs are literally what allows them to jump 40 feet

they can make you fly the same distance

proof: i can jump 1 foot in the air
if i pushed you with both legs you would go about 1 foot in the air given you are similar size to me

you would go for sure at least 6 inches, and half of a cougars leap is 20, which i fucking stated

eat shit
>>
>>838776
you are not captain america and random pieces of metal is much less likely to kill you than something that basically has heat seeking abilities when it comes to finding vital organs and arteries
>>
>>838811
You are a child arent you? You proved nothing with that post other than the fact you have no more argument left by referencing a comic book.

A 7.62x39mm round does catastrophic damage to tissue let alone 7. And it isnt random you since bullets dont just float around randomly hitting shit. It is aimed at you by a man who has intent to kill you, someone aiming for vitals. Not to mention the frag grenade he copped while using himself as a meat shield. Grenades fucking kill within 5 meters, he has 43 different bleeding penetrating wounds from that grenade alone. He lost 3 liters of blood so i think thats sufficient enough to constitute that he had taken a flogging. That believe me is enough to kill a person. So fuck you and your furry obsession, a man can fend off a cougar toe to toe.

But seeing as you still think your opinions solid heres how i formulate mine. Im an infanteer with combat first aid training, whos engaged to a vetinarian with extensive knowledge on animals.
>>
>>838810
>>838632
Your jump height is not your fucking leg press ability. A cats anatomical structure can not kick a 90kg human 6 meters in the air.

>tl;dr? You're a sped.
>>
>>838818
but cats hind legs make them jump 40 feet

that means if they kicked u wuld fly purely in the vertical direction for 40 ft if they kicked u with their hind legs with full strength if u were same weight as cat

cuz cat can push self 40 feet and cat is 120 lbs and if ur 120 lbs and get pushed by cat that u means u'd also go 40 lbs flying

of course
>>
File: 1368429988166.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1368429988166.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>838820
Boy you had me shaking until i kept reading your post. Then i was relieved it was satire...

>god damn it anon
>youre alright
>>
>>838824
He is doing satire but he doesnt get it and neither do you.

Bruce Lee, for example could kick a man across a room with just 1 leg. He could not jump anywhere near 40 feet.
>>
>>838827
In all seriousness; Newton's laws of motion.

Even if biomechanics aren't taken into account, physics alone account for why what you've stated isn't possible (a cat launching a man the same weight 40 ft into the air).
>>
>>838827
Oh my mistake, i totally forgot cats were born natural football players and attacked their prey by trying to kick them into goals.

You think cougars are anthro m8? You think they train legs and practice flying front kicks for a sport? I should tell you now while we're talking about relevent information that great white sharks play water polo really good and stuff because they swim and theres water and stuff.

Now i have your very simple attention, riddle me this?

Cougars attack their prey by;
>a) ambush and bite to the neck
>b) playing brazillian music and beating the shit out of their prey via capoeira
>>
>>838776

Pretty sure there's a huge difference in getting shot by projectiles that luckily miss major arteries, and a cougar crushing its teeth in your neck, tearing at the same time with its claws relentlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSlXIY70eZg

These two barely fighting would leave gashes wherever those claws hit, and they aren't even aiming to kill each other.

Real life isn't a movie
>>
>>838834
>>838837
Actually, both of you are wrong. They do in fact kick. they kick you once to get you a couple feet away from them and then they recharge that ick and hit you hard as fuck and you GET FUCKING LAUNCHED LIKE A MIDGET IN A CANNON BUT YOUR HIPS ARE BROKEN

Guys you know nothing about cougar behavior
>>
>>838877
kick*
>>
File: 1351482483904.jpg (6KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1351482483904.jpg
6KB, 250x220px
>>838877
Bro come on we're beyond the troll phase...
>>
FYI a house cat can lift a person into the air a few inches using their hind legs

Just let that sink in tough guys.
>>
>>838882
dude you're just fucking wrong accept it

cougars per pound are so massively stronger than people it is like an nfl player tackling a toddler
>>
File: kasal_large.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
kasal_large.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>838875
>>838875

>Real life isnt a movie

Youre right champ, google Bradley Kasal and you'll see that im not talking about a movie.
>>
>>838883

I've actually heard a human can continue to battle even after losing its head, for a whole 3 hours so, you underestimate the drive of man to live
>>
>>838886

>Pretty sure there's a huge difference in getting shot by projectiles that luckily miss major arteries, and a cougar crushing its teeth in your neck, tearing at the same time with its claws relentlessly.

Guy is lucky the shrapnel and bullets aren't aiming for major arteries like a mountain lion is instinctively going to do.

>Champ
>>
>>838887
If those are the things you have heard I feel sorry for you
>>
File: 0d2.jpg (17KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
0d2.jpg
17KB, 499x500px
>>838891
>>
>>838892
Go ahead, I want you to lay ontop of your cat right now while it's on it's back. It can support your entire weight. A house cat can leg press 12-15 times it's weight.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 371x397px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 371x397px
>>838889
Oooh you totally got me with my own jab. Forgive me i absolutely forgot the part where a human is going to stand still like pic related and let the mountain lion jump precise vital zones without fighting back.

I feel like i need to remind you that i agreed that is the cougar ambushed a human it would win. I stated that a human squaring off with a cougar would land the humans favor due to 2 reasons, the cougar would bail before suffering too much damage OR it would be FUBAR.

You lost the argument like 4 posts ago, are you really so knee deep in paint thinner that you cant realise that everyone lurking the thread is laughing and mocking you now?

>not everyone is a 50kg NEET who has the bodyshape of a 10 year old girl and the skin consistancy of papermache
>people on this board actually go /out/ and are in fighting fit condition
>you can stop your insecure projections nowq

Heres one for the road.
>Champ.
>>
>>838898

>implying I'm even the person you've been arguing with

I'm just here to get you to shut the fuck up and take Kasal's lucky cock out of your quivering ass

There's also a difference in a person having immediate medical attention, and being alone /out/ fighting a fucking cougar.

I feel like I need to remind you that this entire discussion is about a cougar and a human fighting to the death, nothing more.

Some faggot said he could kill a cougar one on one, and that's obviously fucking false. If a cougar didn't think it could escape a to the death fight with a human, the cougar would win, probably unscathed as well.

You're the only one factoring in the cougar 'might' run away, and that's the only point you have left to try and dick ride your way out of this losing argument.

Ask the guys in prison that have been attacked by a police dog, how hard it is to deal with 120lbs of dead weight slinging and tearing at your flesh.

Now times that weight by two and add 4 more weapons to tear you apart and you basically have a cougar

Resort to making more broad insults because you have absolutely nothing more to say.

>fukkin neet
>>
>>838905
>Cougar gtfo of this thread and back into the woods where you belong
>>
File: BlxvndBIMAA9aTT.jpg (50KB, 480x647px) Image search: [Google]
BlxvndBIMAA9aTT.jpg
50KB, 480x647px
>>838905
>>838898
>>838889
>>838886
>>838875
>>838837
>>838818
>>838814
>>838811
>>838810
>>838793
>>838778
>>838776
>>838663
>>838632

>this thread has degenerated into this
>>
>>838915
that's the whole reason I come to this site
>>
File: Surprised-cougar.jpg (84KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Surprised-cougar.jpg
84KB, 640x426px
>>838910

I uh, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>838883
no it can't i had enough cats and sometimes caught wild cats with bare hands.
the hind legs are extremely dangerous when the cat is fighting defensively tho a cougar could eviscerate you with them in a second or two.
>>
>>838875
when a cougar attacks you it doesn't look like that at all.
they don't claw at you they grab you and try to bite your neck or back of head.
when the fight turns defensive because you put the cougar to the ground that's when shit will get seriously dangerous. cats are insane when they fight for their lives.
>>
File: Shou.jpg (433KB, 694x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Shou.jpg
433KB, 694x1024px
I fucking hate cougars so much. They are literally the e-statters of the animal kingdom, like that DYEL 100 lb guy on /fit/ that claims he can bench 600 lbs.

Daily reminder that TIGERS are the greatest feline predator. How can dyel cougarlets even compete. Daily reminder that while cougars are FAILING to kill 4-year old girls, tigers MASSACRED hundreds of thousands of people in the past.

>cougar mauls 4 year-old child
>gets hunted down by some redneck with a dog and shotgun
>dies
>tiger escapes from zoo in modern day
>kills 7 people
>completely avoids detection
Tigers are the GOAT animal. All cougars can do is shitpost about muh 40 foot vertical and how they can launch humans 40 feet in the air with their sick kicking skills in THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
>>
>>838967
I'm not sure what to make of this post. It leaves me confused, yet oddly satisfied.
>>
so can we agree

tigers > Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (THE MOUNTAIN) > cougar = bruce lee > 4 year old child
>>
>>839034
tigers can just about kill everything smaller than an elephant. maybe a polar bear could rekt them or a gigantic kodiak bear. also male lions give them a hard time altho smaller and weaker usually but their mane is extremely useful in a fight.
>>
>>838967
Sterling pls
>>
>>839041
Ya. I want tigers and lions not to be endangered one day, so they can pit 100 healthy fully grown lions vs 100 healthy fully grown tigers in fights one by one.

It'll finally settle the age-old internet discussion of tiger vs lions that has been going on for millennia. It's just a pity that the entire battle has going so... politicized?
>Britain shilled for lions after occupying India
>India started shilling for tigers once they were independent, and NK shills for tigers hard
>SJWs also shill for tigers to fight against imperialism

You won't believe how intense internet debates over whether a tiger or a lion would win a fight get.

I like tigers more because they look way more sleek, but I honestly don't know who would statistically win more often.
>Tiger is heavier(800 lbs), gets more exercise, and has a much more powerful bite
>Lion is lighter(550 lbs), has more fighting experience, has a mane to protect its vitals, and has a much more powerful swipe
>>
>>837873
This is in regards to the Disney incident. Big thread on /an/ about it when it happened. Probably one for this too.

I think the worst thing about those injuries is infection. I really hope they gave her iv antibiotics.
>>
>>839078
where they live together in large enclosures the tigers usually win the friendly scuffles. well to be exact the bigger cat usually wins. they smack each other and get an accurate measurement of the others strength. tigers hit harder.
>>
File: 1469415350583.png (47KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469415350583.png
47KB, 250x251px
>>838279
Please tell story
>>
File: hungry_tiger_28.jpg (479KB, 1200x1717px) Image search: [Google]
hungry_tiger_28.jpg
479KB, 1200x1717px
>>839086
http://wildanimalwarfare.yuku.com/topic/6/Lion-kills-male-tigers?page=1
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17524&PN=27
http://wildanimalwarfare.yuku.com/topic/10/Tiger-kills-male-lions#.V7SXfPkrJhG

Have autism. I was thinkin' tigers were way more likely to win as well, but reading these made me iffy. You can read the comments as well for pro-tiger views; the OPs are pro-lion in what I linked.
>>
>>839089
lion can definitely kill the tiger but most of the videos i seen the tiger won. sometimes the lion almost won because the tiger repeatedly failed to bite it's neck. so i know it's possible. but smart money is on the tiger.
>>
>>838917
Not anon you replied to but same here.
This place is a shithole but in an endearing way.
>>
File: Shou GoB.gif (3MB, 267x196px) Image search: [Google]
Shou GoB.gif
3MB, 267x196px
>>839090
Tigers are based as fuck.
Lions are pretty cool as well.
Cougars are shit-tier.

Now we just need to know where mankind stands next to the big felines

They should pit 100 healthy fully grown cougars vs 100 healthy fully grown men in fights one by one.
>>
>>838967
Kek
>>
Ya'll niggas need to get that tiger dick out cha mouth and let a real cougar slip between dem lips
>>
>>838877
can u imagine what would happen if like cougars hunted in a pack?

like if 1 cougar could jump 40 ft
and like 1 cougar could kick that other jumping cougar as it's jumping, it'd go 80 ft
with 2 cougars kickign it'd be 120
then all u'd need to do is have a pack of like 20 cougars launching 1 more

then u could have a cougar being launched 840 feet in the air to catch birds

that prob explains all the cases of cougars being caught in plane turbines and such

inb4
>how would cougar survive fall
they're cats they always land on their feet and are immune to fall damage
>>
Tell this story every cougar thread.

>be guy from work
>move from eastern Russia to America
>be a ranch hand in cougar county
>get attacked by a cougar
>oh shit this thing hurts when it bites
>proceed to rip it's jaw off
(almost 100% certain he means broke/dislocated, his English is not so good)
>cougar fucks away
>say to hell with this
>move to the most boring safe state on earth
>show every Hoosier his scars and tells us how lucky we are not to have big cats
>shit my pants every time I see a bobcat

No idea if the story is true, but the scars on his shoulders and face are, and if anyone could rip the jaw off something it would be him. The man is a giant who pulls loaded hay wagons around for fun.
>>
>>838893
This is the funniest comment I have ever read
>>
>>838500
I have to agree with the other guy. Traps were invented before tools.
>>
>>839472
>tearing a cougar's jaw off with a man's strength
he prob fought an oversized cat or something
>>
>>838893
so you weight 60 pounds? are you a little girl?
i'm 260lbs the poor cat would die.
>>
>>837875
>the disney incident
Explain?
>>
File: blush.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blush.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>839918
Kid went swimming in Disneyland resort, Florida. He got eaten by an alligator and everybody was up in arms about it, "WHY DIDN'T THEY PUT ALLIGATOR WARNING SIGNS BY THE WATER? THEY SHOULD HAVE BUILT A FENCE!"
>>839893
>are you a little girl?
d-d-oushio!
>>
This whole fucking thread and no one made a joke about their last name being Butt. Fuck you /out/
>>
>>838279
HOW
>>
>>839893
12-15 times is about 100 pounds less than your weight compared to a cat, so, uh, point invalid
>>
File: temple-of-zeus.jpg (95KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
temple-of-zeus.jpg
95KB, 500x334px
>>838810
not sure if retarded or troll. I want to point out though that when they're talking about a 40 ft jump they are probably talking laterally. Human long jump record is 30ft. High jump is around 8ft. And even then it takes some body manipulation to get over that height. A cougar could probably only get pretty might up a tree in one jump. maybe 8 or 9 feet max. This picture is of the temple of zeus which is 40 feet high. now tell me that a cougar is going to hop up on top of this thing.
>>
File: 1470941422009.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470941422009.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>839971
>now tell me that a cougar is going to hop up on top of this thing.

trees aren't made from stone, bunny
>>
>>839969
average cat is 5-6 pounds 12 times that is around 60 pounds.
i have no idea what the fuck you are talking about seriously.
>>
>>839971
lmao

by using its hind legs u retard... how else is it going to jump up and get on top of that?
>>
>>839918
>>839922
pretty much....

another example of bad parenting leading to a kid being attacked by an animal in it's natural habitat, even though common sense says it was preventable

and the last I read they had put up signs and were building some kind of barrier
>>
>>839989
Cats are almost always 12-20 pounds what type of house cats have you met? Kittens?
>>
>>840047
>Cats are almost always 12-20 pounds
No.
It depends on the breed
Google it
>>
>>837871
>>837889
>>837894
ok no where does is say they noticed there was a puma around and they are fucking sneaky because they are fucking mountain lions and thats what they do. you cant prevent everything in life, and she obviously "wandered off" about 5 yards because they were there to say her. now i want all of you to find the nearest bottle of bleach and do to yourselves what your parents should have done you sheltered emotional cripples
>>
>>840077
Tabby is basically the most common breed on earth jackass
>>
>>840077
5-25 unless they are fat due to owners, bitch boy
>>
>>837871
Mountain lions are fucking pussies.
>>
File: smug fox.png (93KB, 255x249px) Image search: [Google]
smug fox.png
93KB, 255x249px
>>840328
inb4 cougar IDF comes
>>
>>840237
And some can way 6 pounds
>jackass
>>840241
5 does not equal 12
>bitch boy
>>
>>840332
Cougars are like mom with benefits though.
>>
Someone please ban these baby killing assault cats!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
>>
>>840347
>way

Also

>6 pound cat

Are you a homosexual?
>>
>>840374
Is Google hard for you to use?
>>
>>840692
some cats can WEIGH 2 pounds, regardless the average cat is more than double 6 pounds.

please take your autism pills
>>
>>840374
>6 pound cat
that's 7.8 $
>>
>>840754
I guess it is that hard for you
https://www.google.com/#q=average+cat+weight
>>
>>840954
That is average cat, considering for all cats. Instead you should have considered the average size of the most average cat(tabby).

Fool.

>you cannot into statistics
>>
>>840979
>you should have considered the average size of the most average cat(tabby
which is still not 12-20 pounds

>fool
>>
>>837871
there are too many people. not enough cougars.....

encroach their habitat, sport hunt & poach them...

why the fuck does every one flip out when an alligator eats a kid? thats what they do....oh well I guess fuck apex predators, right?
>>
>>837884
>adults are in danger
Manlets aren't adults and mountain lions aren't tigers
>>
>>841088
Because most people are retarded, have poor risk assessment skills, and their modern lifestyle has made them complacent.
>>
If you've been out in North America, you've probably had a cougar put you in its sights and think better of it at least once, and you would never know.
>>
>>841373
I've also put cougars in my sights many times, if you get what I mean
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 689x569px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 689x569px
>mountain lions don't harm anything except the occasional pet and small child
>stays out of the way of people
>everyone hates them

Why?
>>
File: ohmeowwww.jpg (141KB, 468x344px) Image search: [Google]
ohmeowwww.jpg
141KB, 468x344px
>>842378
Most of /k/ wants to BE a mountain lion pham.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 623x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 623x400px
>>842396
>tfw /k/ommando
>favorite animal is the mountain lion

Looks like I'm in good company.
>>
Bunch of dirty mountain lions acting human in this thread...
>>
>>842421
t.deer
>>
You have to punch the cougar

https://youtu.be/v5Lmkm5EF5E
>>
>>838372
One of the ones who was killed by a cougar was in my state a few years ago. It was a cougar that had been in captivity and had been released back into the wild, so it was somewhat used to being around humans.
>>
>>840047
there are way more 4-5 pound cats than 12-20.
home kept cats that are not feral or free roaming and overfed and neutered are 12-20 pounds.
cats that live like cats used to don't grow big in fact they are quiet small. it depends on the region tho. in my country tiny ferals and semi-ferals are the norm, but colder climates might have bigger ones as standard.
>>
>>842562
yup that's the way you do it, tho he dun fucked up the cougar could jump on his back very dangerous.
>>
>>842396
>>842413
no wonder /k/ is absolute shit
shittiest non-pet cat on the planet
>>
>>840023
Honestly this was disney's fault even you think about it. Add to that they ignored multiple reports by nervous guests that a gator was near and this family is going to be rolling in dough. Not that it makes up for fighting a gator while it has your kid in its jaws. I feel sick thinking about it.
>>
>>843015
>shittiest non-pet cat
wat? i always thought they make great pets. they behave exactly like housecats only bigger.
>>
I worked with pumas for 5 years ama.
>>
>>846734
did you sex them up?
>>
>>846763
no but I will tell you that females get ridiculously horny.
>>
>>846785
I'm not sure I want to know how you know that...

What was your job anyway?
>>
>>847229
Worked at a big cat sanctuary. The difference in behavior between pumas and other big cats is pretty noticeable.
>>
>>847293
>all like cardboard boxes
>all like to kill stuff that moves
>all attack people if they turn their back on them
>all behave like nigger cats do
what's the difference?
>>
>>841089

When will they fucking learn?
>>
>>847433
Kek
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.