[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Ants just fuck my life up fam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: wd-fireant.gif (34KB, 345x304px) Image search: [Google]
wd-fireant.gif
34KB, 345x304px
I need to kill these fuckers, I am out of ideas. Every time I mow my yard, they bite the shit out of my ankles even if I wear boots and socks, I have no idea how. The bites itch like crazy and make my feet swell up for like two days of pain and suffering.

I have put down Amdro twice this year which will kill them for a month maybe, then they return to terrorize my family. I think the amdro may have created a selective pressure that made them resistant to it or something, now I need something better, stronger.

What should I do, /out/? Whats the most effective way to send these shits back to hell?
>>
>>837444
I spray them with this shit called Orange Glo. It's a cleaning spray, but the chemicals in it kills them. I was told it "eats through their exoskeleton," but I don't care for the science behind it, it works like a charm. Ants, spiders, and pretty much any creepy crawly. I imagine most household cleaners would do about the same, as long as it isn't some weak shit. Purple Power might do it.

Also, gasoline is a pretty common things around where I am, but it doesn't kill hardly any of them, just makes them want to move. Not really worth it, since I did it once and they moved less than five feet away from the last one. It also kills most plants, so don't do it near any gardens or trees.

That's just what I know, I'm sure there are a million ways to get rid of them.
>>
>>837444
You will NEVER fully eliminate them.

You're dealing with the most successful species on the planet
>>
>>837449
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis
>>
>>837444
Get chickens and borrow an ant eater.
>>
>>837628
>borrow an ant eater
Good idea. I think Rent-A-Center has them.
>>
Do you tuck your pants into your boots when you mow? It looks stupid, but it'll probably work.
>>
Cornmeal.
They'll take it to the mound for food and when they eat it, it expands and pops their stomach, like rice with birds.
>>
File: 1463429869403.jpg (103KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [Google]
1463429869403.jpg
103KB, 1305x892px
>>837444
Before you defeat the ant you must become the ant. Once you learn their ways you will no longer hate them, they will be your brothers.
>>
I'm using mine to clean the flesh off of a rattlesnake head.
I normally bury them, but I had one that wasn't obliterated this time so I'm going to try to seal the skull in clear resin.
I also use them to clean the leftover meat off of the rattles.
>>
>>837628
Most species on anteater actually a eat termites because they don't sting
>>
>>837444

Fight fire with fire.
>>
>>837444
give Mr. Gribble a call
>>
>>837444
I'm pretty sure they are called spicey boys. Fire ant is offensive.
>>
Diatomaceous earth anybody?
>>
find their nest and pour molten iron into it. You even get a ceremonial statue celebrating your genocide.
>>
>>840949
Iron is a little too hard to melt on the go, I believe most casters use zinc since it has a relatively low melting point, but is also decently sturdy and doesn't look half bad once the cast is done.
>>
>>837482
What
The
Fuck
>>
>>840970
Because you seem intrigued, I show you this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green-banded_broodsac

There is a whole world of parasites waiting for you: will you enter or perish from anxiety?
>>
>>840993
That fungus was interesting. Is't there a tiny beetle or something that kills fire ants in a similar fashion? I remember either reading or seeing a TV show abou how they were trying to introduce these beetles or moths that turn fire ants into "zombies" and the larvae actually live in their heads for awhile.
>>
>>840951
they use aluminum
>>
>>841022
Oh right, my mistake.

>>841020
Cordyceps?
>>
File: 1451602137902s.jpg (7KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1451602137902s.jpg
7KB, 250x227px
>>837444
Napalm, motherfucker.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 742x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 742x480px
>>840078
Why kill mr snake?
>>
>>837482
30 minutes later, I've read plot synopses of half a dozen Simpsons episodes.

Wikipedia, man.
>>
>>841081
Rattlesnakes need to die
>>
>>837444
Gasoline/kerosene into the major nests. Then put out poison feeders. Its doable, but requires you continue the efforts weekly.

The ants will get the message and move away if you keep the pressure.
>>
>>840951
>I believe most casters use zinc since it has a relatively low melting point,

Does anyone else smell lungs cooking? Seriously, don't fuck around with hot zinc, use aluminum like the other guy said.

Alternatively, get a box of 20 mule team borax, mix with water, and pour down the hole.
>>
>>841081
Because I don't know any other way to get rattlesnake hide than to skin a rattlesnake.

And you really don't want a 5 foot rattler in your front yard. I'm a tree hugger and don't hunt, even though I have half a dozen game species on my property- but I won't take the risk of grandma or a pet being bitten by a venomous snake.
>>
>>837444
Diatomatious earth on the colony. Worked for me in fl
>>
>>837446
if you pour that shit in your eyes you'll never see again
just saying man

watch out
>>
>>840864
Seconded. Pour a circle around their mounds, if they move though it, it'll fuck the exoskeleton up. Workers can't get out and the colony staves.
>>
>>837444

Since most poison does not work on them, the best strategy is to make their living environment as suitable as possible. Have you considered throwing your garden around, such that they are not able to live there anymore?

Maybe classics like planting garlic near their nest n shit helps too.
>>
you know the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmIb2zkMtjQ
>>
>>837444
Spicey boiz
>>
>>841068
Leinengen?
>>
File: image.jpg (441KB, 1144x2154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441KB, 1144x2154px
>>837444
Checked
Phermone bomb those little faggots and they'll eat each other alive. Introduce other less faggy species of ants that they'll have to compete with for resources. Breed a Phorid Fly army and wage war on those tiny red niggers. Astroturf your lawn and spray rubbing alcohol everywhere. The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>847184
this retard wants to breed even more resilient and aggressive ants!!
>>
File: image.png (243KB, 359x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
243KB, 359x297px
>>847189
Don't listen to this guy OP, he's clearly an ant.
Catch a few dozen of them, purée them with water, rub it on your ankles, and enjoy your new-found any immunity.
>>
>>847194
^this
They won't fuck with someone costed the blood of their fallen Comrads
>>
>>840349
sounds legit
>>
>>847195
>clearly doesnt know shit about ants
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.