[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do autists on /out/ shit the bed about hunting threads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 41

File: 1464818542123.jpg (2MB, 2896x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1464818542123.jpg
2MB, 2896x1632px
Like trapping and shit like that?
>>
Why is OP such a faggot?

like sucking dicks and shit like that
>>
trapping isn't hunting

also stop making meta threads you literal faggot retard nigger kike
>>
>>837289
>trapping isn't hunting

What constitutes hunting then?
>>
>>837275
Me getting pissed is ecosystem/species dependent, there are many cases where I advocate hunting.
>>
>>837307
Fair chase
>>
>>837275
>>837307
It's one or two trolls stirring shit.

>>837552
Fair chase is idiotic. If you are going to harvest an animal is should be done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Fair chase means you want to drag it out as long as possible to enjoy the act. You don't use 'fair chase' to spend half a day chasing a cow around a field pretending it has a chance to escape with it's life, you just kill the damn thing.

The only thing fair chase accomplishes it to prolong the act of killing. If that is what you care about then PETA is right and all you are is a sadist. On the other hand if you just want to kill it as quickly as possible to harvest it then you are being a responsible game harvester.
>>
Because they're fucking losers

I feel bad for people that feel the need to harass others
>>
>>839092
I'm not sure that you know what fair chase means.
>>
>>837275
because a lot of people on out are backyard warriors who didn't grow up with hunting or any /out/ activities, but want to play action man.
>>
>>839092
>enjoying the feeling of being the most dominant life form on this planet is morally wrong
Nigger, to even discuss morality is to celebrate your superiority over the animal kingdom
>>
>>841205
>Nigger, to even discuss morality is to celebrate your superiority over the animal kingdom
This. Also on a similar note, white guilt is a concept that only affects white people because every race is racist as hell, and tried to conquer the world as cruelly as possible. It's only whites that are criticized for it, and the ideals of racial equality that European nations mock America for not fulfilling are inherently American-made ideals that they're using to judge us.
>>
>>840878
>action man.
It's a pretty good game, to be honest, senpai.
>>
>>837275
We really need a separate board for hunting/fishing/trapping. The mods here do nothing to stop the spamming and trolling, they ignore it so much i honestly believe that the main PETA troll is a mod.

If had a separate /hunt/ board we could get some of the mods from /k/ to mod it, those guys are used to dealing with anti gun trolls so i am sure they could handle the PETA jackasses easily.
>>
>>837275
Because it's dickassery to go out and kill something that don't need to be killed just to make a buck.
>>
File: two_outs.jpg (464KB, 990x483px) Image search: [Google]
two_outs.jpg
464KB, 990x483px
>>841320
this
>separate board for hunting/fishing/trapping

There are two different mind sets here that will never agree. Free speech cuts both ways; mods must understand that.
>>
>>841340
>>841320
I don't see why it would be a problem, /tg/ got a /quest/ board for a absurdly specific type of roleplaying. /hunt/ would have far more users than that or dozens of other boards that i can think of and i'm sure getting a few mods from /k/ would not be an issue.

How do we go about making the request though?
>>
>>841347
/tg/ got /quest/ because they went from being one or two threads to 25-40% of the board at all times. Hunting threads are maybe a handful of threads on /k/ and /out/ combined at any one time. Hell, /quest/ already has half the posts /out/ has gotten, and /out/ had a three fucking year lead on it and it was about all /out/doors activities combined. You aren't going to get a hunting board just because you want it, if that happened every tom, dick, and faggot would be whining and crying for their own special board for whatever niche subject or recurring troll thread they couldn't get started on their home board. Tough shit, deal with it faggot.
>>
>>841347
maybe because /out/ is slow as shit as is and hunting is a far more legitimate topic to discuss than urbex and homeless threads that are constantly up? if you don't like it you're free to fuck off. it took long enough for /out/ to get made only for it to get flooded with reddit transplants that bitch about anything hunting/firearm related.
>>
File: two.jpg (302KB, 819x559px) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
302KB, 819x559px
>>841352
>thinks hunting and fishing are niche subjects
we've got /e/ /mpl/ /po/ /jp/ /gd/ /cgl/ /y/ /s4s/ /i/ /w/ /vp/
>>
>>841378
Obviously it is for those who use this site. Even on a slow as molasses board like /out/ you can barely sustain interest.

>But all those old boards that were made for the original audience of this weeaboo site are "niche" too why can't I get what I want!?
They weren't made because some faggot whined about how it was unfair that a hunting forum didn't have ching chong shit boards, they were made because that's what the faggots who made this site wanted it to be. You aren't going to get a fucking hunting board because you are boo hooing about how you don't like that other people disagree with you on this board and need a special space. If that upsets you you are welcome to fuck off to another forum or found your own shitty chan all about whatever faggot shit you are into.
>>
File: HB01.jpg (58KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HB01.jpg
58KB, 500x333px
>>841379
>slow as molasses

/out/ isn't slow for me. I work 50+ hours a week, do stuff with my family, and go /out/ . It's nice to see a thread still around 24 hours after making a contribution to it. Maybe a basement dwelling NEET wants threads to move at mach 3 or else 404
>>
>>841376
>Thinks hunting is a legitimate topic
>Impossible to talk about hunting due to trolls
>Wants a outdoors board filled exclusively with people who cosplay being homeless and criminals who constantly talk about trespassing/breaking and entering

> get flooded with reddit transplants that bitch about anything hunting/firearm related.

Guess what dumbass? Urbex, homeless threads and reddit are all that is left here due to trolls and the asshats like you who promote and tolerate them. You and your reddit PETA pals are the ones that need to fuck off, you are the cancer killing /out/ and the primary reason half the board wants a separate place to talk about real outdoors topics.
>>
>>840878
>People who's parents didn't take them /out/ are excluded from ever going /out/side.

No true outdoorsman.
>>
File: 1455397621044.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1455397621044.gif
2MB, 320x180px
Hunting thread on /k/

>Lol nice .45-70 you fucking shithead fudd loser idiot, is that a Lyman tang sight? Hahah holy shit.

Hunting thread on /out/

>AREN'T YOU TIRED OF BEING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY?

You see it's a lose lose situation, this is why we need /hunt/. Live to hunt, hunt to live and respect to my Ted Nugent blood brother right... >>841340 here.
>>
>>841433
Correct, they aren't outdoorsmen. Half the non hunting/fishing/trapping threads that are not urbex or homeless threads are about people watching TV shows or youtube, not about actually doing anything /out/ related.

People who never leave the suburbs don't need to shit up /out/ by making threads about their favorite fake staged reality show, that is what /tv/ is for.
>>
>>841437
Only a stay at home /in/door loser with fleeting hopes of going outside would post with such rampant braggadocio though. So in a roundabout way I guess you've made your point.
>>
File: DSC00191.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00191.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>841439
Yep, you got me. Inna mom's basement right now, definitely not at my camp on my mountain in Maine...
>>
>>841443
Congrats you're a homeless man in the woods. You've truly achieved the pinnacle of human achievement.
>>
>>841445
Spoken like a true basement dweller who doesn't own a personal mountain.Isn't school starting soon kid? My jeep has tires that are probably older than you.
>>
>>841320
I think it should stay between here and /k/
>>
>>841445
Better than you shitlord
>>
>>837552
Fair chase my ass. I have opposable thumbs and the ability to use tools for a goddamned reason.
>>
>>841537
Again: I'm not certain that you know what "fair chase" means.
>>
>>841562
When I go kill an elk this December, I'll be taking an AR-10 chambered in 260 Rem. At the altitude that I'll be hunting, the bullet will remain supersonic out past 1800 yards. That makes hitting something at half that distance fairly easy, given that it is not windy. That is neither fair to the elk, nor is it much of a chase, but it is still hunting.
>>
People that hate hunting have NEVER read through state hunting regulations. A particular antler pattern? Can't shoot it. Can't confirm antler pattern from 400 yards? Can't shoot it. Also, you can only shoot one per year, during a specific time, after taking classes and provding for proper legal documentation. You have to use a specific caliber and rifle as not to stress the animal as it bleeds out. Even with all of this, you must pay fees for conservation. If you kill something you shouldn't have, even on accident, you will be fined thousands of dollars and go to prison and never be allowed to own guns or hunt again.

But no, thise rednecks are just out there slaughtering helpless animals. Fuck, most hunters are likely massively more intelligent than anti-hunters. I could NEVER expect a liberal to be able to adhere to such strict rules.
Source: Elk regulations for Oregon
>>
File: 1471121238726.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1471121238726.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>841435

telling it like it is, I like that
>>
>>841567
Hunters and rednecks are bigger tree huggers than any sjw hippy.

Rednecks will pull over and get a turtle out of the road.
Hippy just obliterates it with their mall crawler without even realizing it was on the road.

Front page has a feedback section.
If they don't want to break off /hunt/, then we troll the trolls.
Post facts.
Post carnage.
>>
>>841592
The feedback section was last updated last year, not a good sign IMHO.
>>841450
What we need are a few mods from /k/ to keep down the trolling at the least, our own board at bestt. Our mods do jack shit, they are so ineffective that they are probably the ones doing the trolling in the first place.
>>
>>841320
/hunt/ would have maybe four users, it would be slower than /out/. As we saw with 8ch, splintering boards into very specific topics does not create better discussions. Better to ignore the PETAfags or ban them for shitposting.
>>
>>
>>841633
I assure you it would have plenty of users, there are a shitload of hunters who post on /k/ but not here due to the trolling.

>Better to ignore the PETAfags

Impossible to ignore 50+ images spamming a thread and making it unreadable..

>or ban them for shitposting.

But they don't get banned, the mods ignore them no matter how much you report it. Look at this shit:

>>834107

The troll has been getting reported for A WEEK AND A HALF and nothing happens. We cannot ban trolls when it is obvious that the moderators are siding with them. How the hell are we supposed to use a board that the moderators are deliberately allowing to be made unusable?
>>
>>841443
Thats a old looking jeep mate. Like you/other have said this place is toxic on these types of conversations. Different guy from the one thats arguing with you.
>>
>>841320
>separate board because trolls on the internet get up in your craw and you don't like it
I'm pro hunt, pro gun, and fish avidly and this may be the stupidest thing I've read all day.
>>
>>841633
I had high hopes for /asp/, but it turned into wrastlin' general in a day.
It had potential for snowboarding, surfing and god knows what else. But its 500 threads on WWE and anything else is quickly crowded out.

>>841633

As for being slow, check out /po/.
There is origami topics threads that have been there over a year. Still a cool board and some interesting stuff to see.
>>
I'm going to post a thread on skinning rattlesnakes- because the internet sucks for good info on how to really do it.

/out/ /k/ /an/ all seem like viable options.

The PETA crowd on /an/ will flip their shit as usual.

/k/ will give it one bump and everybody else will be in a 200 post thread about why 1:7 twist is better tha1:9.

/out/will have the same /an/ posters who will complain in between posting in threads about who the cutest model in the new LL bean catalog is.
>>
>>841629
>What we need are a few mods from /k/ to keep down the trolling at the least, our own board at bestt. Our mods do jack shit, they are so ineffective that they are probably the ones doing the trolling in the first place.
that's not going to happen considering for a good while any and all firearm related threads on /out/ would get deleted before falling off page 10 due to all the retards crying in them and reporting them.

best way to improve /out/? prohibit urbex and homeless threads. that will get rid of the majority of leftist teenagers fucking up the board. urbex is illegal as it's trespassing so i suggest reporting those threads every time you see them. homeless threads are off topic, again, report them every time you see them.
>>
>>841644
1975 CJ-5.
>>841647
It isn't about getting pissed at trolls, if you can't handle that gtfo the internet. The problem is out of control trolling and spam making it impossible to have conversations about legitimate topics. If we had mods that actually did their jobs it would not be an issue but it is obvious that our moderation is the main problem.

>>841655
Truth.
>>
File: bucketset.jpg (30KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
bucketset.jpg
30KB, 350x335px
>>837289
Trappers have an intimate knowledge of the behaviors and habits of their prey that stand hunters barely scratch the surface of.
>>
>>841660
>that's not going to happen considering for a good while any and all firearm related threads on /out/ would get deleted before falling off page 10 due to all the retards crying in them and reporting them.

An excellent argument for why there needs to be a hunting/fishing/trapping board. A thread about choosing a hunting rifle or buying your first hunting bow is a perfectly legitimate topic, the fact that they constantly get deleted is yet more evidence that the moderators are just as big of a problem as the trolls are.

That is the key point of the problem, the trolls and the mods are effectively (or literally) the same people and the same problem.
>>
>>841329
It is illegal to market hunt many places and fur prices are so terribly low that no one traps for profit anymore. In the past, many farm children trapped on their time off to afford small luxuries that their parents could/ would not buy them.
>>
>>841670
what needs to be done is that riff raff needs to be disposed of. i can assure you that the same people that post the urbex and homeless threads and keep them alive are the people that troll in hunting/firearm related threads.
>>
>>841674
>>841675
>>841676
kill yourself
>>
>>841686
Laughing is a coping mechanism to trauma

You have no idea how many laws you have to obey as a hunter. You are probably too dumb to even research them effectively before hunting.
>>
>>841686
case in point: get rid of urbex and homeless threads and you get rid of turds like this.
>>
>>841674
>>841675
>>841676
>>841682
>>841685
>>841686
>>841690
Case in point.
>>841683
Naw, leave him alone for the moment. He is proving our point and keeping the thread bumped. This shit right here is proof that we need a separate board and our mods are worthless. This dumbass is helping us, if we are lucky he will help us get our own board so we can educate and inspire a new generation of hunters.
>>
>>841675
Thanks for the bumps ya fucking jabroni
>>
>>841703
a reddit transplant chiming in on who belongs on 4chan. now that's rich.
>>
>>841694
Murder is a human idea

Hunting isn't

Straighten yout brain out. One is ficton. Irrelevant to everything besides your feelings, which you choose. Logical fallacies couldn't be thicker on your end.
>>
>>841637

You cannot get someone banned for having a different opinion than you, fucking retard. Go to europe with that shit.

For being such a big manly hunting man you sure do bitch a lot.
>>
>>841443

I'd say that pic is pretty cool and I'm jealous.

Then I realized it's basically a junkyard. Clean up your fucking property. Dumb fuckin' hick, people like you ruin the beauty of Maine.
>>
>>841712
This is how insecure you are.

You associate big and strong with bad and evil. You also have noticed the pattern that big and strong people are completely not like you, and are often hunters. So now you reach hunters are big and evil simply because you are too insecure to be in the same room as a certain type of man, that statistically does more for the environment and society than you will EVER do from your city studio apartment.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 224x224px
>tfw badass hunters need a shelter board to protect them from these /peta/ fags

No wonder you guys hunt animals that can't fight back, you're all giant pussies.

I mean I know you guys are 4chan hunters but god DAMN sac up and defend your so called passion instead of crying for a safe haven like liberals on campus lmfao
>>
File: Hunting Fun _ lol-rofl.jpg (70KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
Hunting Fun _ lol-rofl.jpg
70KB, 600x822px
>>
>>841718
It's actually more like changing the channel.

This isn't life or death despite what your psychological illness ridden liberal ideology would believe
>>
>>841716

Whats it like to have a liberal arts major?
>>
>>841714
Hey, i just bought the place, i'm fixing it up. Give a guy a break, clean up and improvement takes time bro. Hick yes, dumb no. Suck on my Sustainable Ag degree bizzach! :)

>>841712
>>841708
Pretty much proof that the mods are either allowing the trolling or doing it themselves.
>>
>>841722

>Give us our own channel, because even though hunting is obviously an /out/ activity to its core, these /peta/ bullies are making it to hard to share our pictures!!
>>
>>841723
Was going to ask you the same thing. Actually bio chem degree working on forestry degree and if you think trapping or hunting is wrong you have a major malfunction I would compare to a person with body dysmorphia
>>
>>841724

You can't get banned on /o/ for disliking imports

Can't get banned on /out/ for disliking hunting

I'm indifferent on the matter, seems like one side can't handle the heat as well as the other, though.
>>
>>841725
Peta isn't an /out/ activity sorry

/an/ is the peta board and there is zer denial with this

Would you prefer we move hunting threads to /an/ because its animal related?
>>
>>841726

Never said I think trapping or hunting is wrong, I think you're a pussy begging for a shelter board because you can't adequately defend your hobby to people who disagree with it.
>>
>>841729

The welfare for animals is definitely an /out/ activity you retard.

Not every animal in the world lives with you in mommies basement
>>
File: Tiger Shark BiteDevlog3001.jpg (665KB, 1116x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger Shark BiteDevlog3001.jpg
665KB, 1116x1485px
>>
>>841732
Welfare has nothing to do with survival. Or life at all. It implies the quality of life WHILE alive and quite frankly peta does nothing to compare to the conservation efforts of hunters. Not even close.
>>
>>
>>841730
I don't care right or left about what peta does with their time.

Will I make this individual question his life choices? Yes.
>>
Bitches about killing animals meanwhile hunters and trappers kill animals humanely and help to keep the forests flourishing. Oh and thanks peta for fucking the wolves around at my old house with diseases. Banned hunting of wolves in my hometown because 'hur der its wrong" and now they are starving to death and full of disease. Oh the irony. Fucking peta.
>>
>>841737
#REKT
#FINISHTHEM
#DIDNTEVENTRY
#MANWINSAGAIN
#THEWEAKSHOULDFEARTHESTRONG
>>
>>841741
They dont care about animal welfare, they care about living in a fake candy land that will never fucking happen

It is a mental disorder
>>
File: Is sport hunting cruel_ - Quora.jpg (43KB, 485x272px) Image search: [Google]
Is sport hunting cruel_ - Quora.jpg
43KB, 485x272px
>>
>>841746
That deer has way smaller gauges than the fags ive seen in downtown portland

Stylish native american tone
>>
>>841740

Why are you the only person using PETA as an argument point? Literally the only mention of PETA other than you is someone saying /peta/fags which is 4chan lingo for animal rights retards

Most dumbasses that are for animal rights hate PETA, stop using it like its going to further your losing argument.
>>
>>841736

>no one is talking about survival
>were talking about hunting and being out
>neither have much to do with survival, unless you're a middle aged suburban dad thats got a hard dick prepping for shit that will never happen
>>
>>841749
Posting pictures of animals isn't "winning" an argument.

How would you prefer I refer to you? I can say every single post I've made again with your new pronoun. It would not change a thing. Everyone here knows how foolish you are.

Do you disappoint family and friends too when your centralize your emotions towards every concievable thing around you?
>>
>>841728
>>841718
>>841732
>>841740
Exactly how are you making people 'question' their choices or having a discussion about animal welfare when all you do is make the board unusable as well as alienate everyone you are trying to argue with?

Seriously, you do understand that you are actively hurting your cause by making animal rights activists look like mentally unstable nuts right? Anyone who was on the fence about animal rights who reads this thread will associate pretty much every animal rights activist they meet for the rest of their lives with you and turn away.

If i wanted to deliberately smear and marginalize the animal rights movement i would do exactly what you are doing right now. Wait a moment.....Keep posting "PETA"...'Wink wink nudge nudge' you are doing a great job!
>>
>>841751
You have no reading comprehension. Go for this one again, you screwed up.
>>
Hunters dont care about wildlife, they care about killing. Animal welfare is a secondary thought, an excuse, a reason to kill, not something they actually care for.

In his 1933 book Game Management, Aldo Leopold, one of the pioneers of wildlife management as a science, defined it as "the art of making land produce sustained annual crops of wild game for recreational use".

Let biologists manage wildlife,not hunters who have no proof of being able to even aim a rifle, who have a personal investment in making wildlife management suit their own desires.
>>
>>841754
The last post is not the troll you are speaking to.
>>
>>841753

Assuming I'm someone else isn't 'winning' an argument either

My only purpose in this thread is making fun of these faggot hunters who can't defend themselves against animal rights activists properly and wan't a shelter board.
>>
>>
>>841757
That post proves how little you even know about the process of legally hunting.

Exactly nothing. You know exactly nothintg about the process or the skills required to qualify.

Also, the biologists ARE the people that allow the hunting to occur, not the hunters. What a silly idea.
>>
>>841759
Well no you have done extremely poorly. Or hell, 1+1 could equal 11. If that's the case then sure.
>>
>>841756

>muh hunters help the environment more than peta
>we're basically saints pls suck my cock
>>
>>841763

>wahh wahh give me my own board so the bullies go away
>>
File: 520i.png (226B, 226x136px) Image search: [Google]
520i.png
226B, 226x136px
>>837275
>Like trapping and shit like that?
cuz it is unecessary. in civilized countries we call it 'animal cruelty'
>>
>>
>>841767
I actually never once said that. You are confused. If you losers really want to give me unlimited replies that's great. /out/ is always so slow. I can call you guys out and not be emotionally effected, as you cannot do so which is why you imagine I would be similar.
>>841765
Yes we are. Check the numbers yourself.
>>
>>841746
When I got my hunting license the instructor told us to not do headshots for this exact reason. You can hit the durr in the muzzle, it runs away, can't eat and starve to death. Always aim for the heart. The odds of killing it is better then.

This animal was shot by a bad hunter, and the hunter deserves criticism. But a good hunter knows better than to make crappy shots like that.
>>
>>
>>841772
They are so mentally unstable they cannot compute the idea that a hunter will take the best shot he can take and will consistently not shoot a deer if he doesn't have a perfect shot.

This isn't laser tag.
>>
>>841757
>hunters who have no proof of being able to even aim a rifle
every year I have to go to a firing range and shoot 30 rounds on targets, then pass a test where I need to get 5 rounds on target in one go, in order to hunt with rifles

that's norwegian regulation at least, we literally have to prove we can still aim worth a damn
>>
>>841761
Trappers not hunters are the ones State and Federal wildlife agencies rely on the most for management and data, most of them have far more intimate knowledge of local populations than anyone else.
>>
>>841770

It's almost embarrassing how hard you're trying to come off as arrogant, yet at the same time being dead wrong.

Fascinating, really.
>>
>>841565
Fair chase refers to the propriety of the method used, not the efficacy of said method, and it's not universal. Someone obsessed with primitive hunting might not personally consider anything but spot-and-stalk with a stickbow or a spear "fair chase" and regard anything as a trophy but someone who lives in the midwest, somewhere infested with deer, might consider blasting deer from a tree stand as they nibble at a food plot "fair chase" just because the property he's hunting isn't high-fenced and he's not using artificial attractants. Defining "fair chase" is like defining "obscenity" - you know it when you see it.
>>
>>841746
you realize this happens because a lot of states don't have a rifle season due to morons like you, right?
>>
Hunters "help" the most because its the only way things can work. If we let things happen properly, by letting trained professionals manage wildlife populations, we wouldn't need hunters. But hunters would rather start a revolution than let their right to kill for recreation be taken away. Hunters are totally in control, they skew all wildlife management and they have lobbyists to push their agenda in government. That's why things like canned live pigeon shoots are still legal in hick dominated places like Pennsylvania
>>
>>841783

How dare you force me to feed my insatiable blood lust with inferior means of killing! I mean I HAVE to kill! You forced me to do this to the deer!
>>
>>841778
I said it wasnt hunters. You seriously cant read?

>>841779
0/10 you fucked up on your trolling sorry lost me there total fail score you cant just be that bad at it bud

If you're going to try and convince someone of bullshit and you're obviously not going to do it you can't just go all on and say they're wrong. Unless, of course, you are 4 years old. You could have dragged your trolling out much longer but now theres no doubt nobody will believe you
>>
>>841789

This is what happens when you try to make a post, and at the same time have a brain aneurysm.

What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>841780
It's always hypocritical when some animal fanatics say we should hunt fair and just use our hands or primitive weapons like a spear or a knife.

I mean, that's a way more traumatic way for the animal to die. Just imagine getting stabbed to death by some crazy autist who want to relive the caveman days.
Getting shot doesn't seem so bad in comparison.
>>
>>841786
>literally retarded
lmao
>>
>>841785
>citizens so willing to help the government is hardly needed to manage something
>a non-complacent society is literally hell for a liberal
>>
>>841790
The incomplete sentances are actually in homage to how poor your troll skills are. I figured you wouldn't catch that.
>>
>>841789
English child, do you speak it? Take a few deep breaths and try to write something that a human adult can comprehend.
>>
File: 0d2.jpg (17KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
0d2.jpg
17KB, 499x500px
>>841794
>loses argument

>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>841778
>most of them have far more intimate knowledge of local populations than anyone else.

rofl

>people actually think this
>>
>>841785
yeah, because everything else the government manages works out so great, you deluded retard.

i bet you're the type of faggot that will bitch about police brutality and then turn around and say only the government should have the means of managing wildlife populations.
>>
>>841785
>letting trained professionals manage wildlife populations
that would be an increadible expense for the tax payers, most likely not prioritized at all when politicians are in charge and trying to balance their budgets
instead hunters do it without getting paid by the government
>>
>>841796
>declaring yourself the winner

Dude not a single person in the last 2 weeks has agreed with you
>>
>>841785
>by letting trained professionals manage wildlife populations,
Why would you rather have the government pay people to go cull animals rather than have people instead pay the government for the privilege?

>>841791
>I mean, that's a way more traumatic way for the animal to die. Just imagine getting stabbed to death by some crazy autist who want to relive the caveman days.
>Getting shot doesn't seem so bad in comparison.
Pretty much any method of hunting is less traumatic than a "natural" death. I'd rather get shot and stumble around in shock for ten or twenty seconds than fucking starve to death or get ripped apart by coyotes or an alligator or something after breaking an ankle.
>>
>>841795
Very well. Have you not read the thread? My writing skills are likely 2 master's degrees above anybody else here. It was satire, and clearly I am surrounded by sub 100 IQs.
>>
>>841800

>loses argument
>dude you're so stupid lol everyone thinks your dumb you lost haha
>>
This hippy guy has not refuted a single point anybody has made. He moves to next topic and says you're wrong. Just read through the thread.

What a chump. Bad troll/10

/out/ deserves better trolls than you mr.hippy
>>
>>841798
what? that's a horrible comparison
>>841799
hunters do a shitty job>>841801
>Why would you rather have the government pay people to go cull animals rather than have people instead pay the government for the privilege?
it's the misguided agenda of hunters that bothers me

>>841802
>2 master's degrees above anybody else here.
and yet you're trolling on 4chan
lol okay
>>
>>841804
No actually you said that about yourself a few replies ago. I said nobody has supported your arguments. This has nothing to do with my opinion.
>>
>>841802

Is there anyway to donate money to your parents?

I pity them, having to raise a low functioning autist like yourself. Must be hard.

Maybe they should make an autismo board for you, so the bullies will go away.
>>
>>841808
What else would a person with a complete life do?

This is the end game.
>>
>>841809

>loses argument
>makes up opinionated bullshit

Dear God.

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>841811
that would imply you have any money to donate you worthless NEET lmao.
>>
>>841815

>being this angry towards someone whose just trying to help you

How can I contact your parents? Would be more beneficial to speak with an adult.
>>
>>841802
>2 master's degrees above anybody else here
Yeah, sorry buddy but that is not how the educational system works. This is Chris Chan tier autism.
>>
>>841811
I have a wife and kids :^)
>>
>>841814
>makes up
>just scroll up bro
>>
>>841818
Well not a single one of you have two master's degrees. :^)
>>
>>841808
>hunters do a shitty job
No, they really don't. Retarded rednecks are hated by everyone that isn't a retarded redneck. That's like saying that everyone who fishes is a greasy mexican who uses powerbait to catch hundreds of fingerling trout.

>it's the misguided agenda of hunters that bothers me
What misguided agenda are you referring to, exactly? Increased access to public lands? Re-introduction of game into their historical ranges? Fundraising for conservationist causes? Protecting their second amendment rights?
>>
File: 1468616847793.jpg (11KB, 436x292px) Image search: [Google]
1468616847793.jpg
11KB, 436x292px
>>841819

A shame they allow undesirables and inferiors to breed still. What can you do though?

I'm happy your little autistic family is thriving.

>>841821

Try and bait all you want man, you are a horrible troll and you have lost once again.
>>
>>841816
why would my parents want to speak with a NEET?
>>
>>841822

>master's degrees

I bet your parents are proud of that Devry Tech diploma they bought you for 29.99

Polish that turd all you want, it's still going to be a useless piece of shit, like you.
>>
>>841824
>A shame they allow undesirables and inferiors to breed still.
they don't, though. that's why mongrels like you die alone and childless.
>>
>>841825

>self projecting

It's okay to cry.
>>
>>841829

Try and fail to flip that around all you want, won't make your palm feel anymore like a pussy
>>
>>841830
>>841832
i'm sure you're speaking from experience :^)
>>
>>841837

Yeah, you come across a lot of self projecting autists such as yourself on /out/.
>>
>>841838
takes one to know one.
>>
>>841840

Must be why you and your father have such a good relationship.
>>
File: BantzLogo.png (19KB, 407x250px) Image search: [Google]
BantzLogo.png
19KB, 407x250px
this is now the official /out/ bantz thread
>>
>>841842
not as good as me and your mother, though.
>>
>>841844

True, she actually cares for her mentally unfit and sexually impotent patients.

Says it makes them feel human, must be a foreign feeling to you, eh?
>>
>>841845
it's good to be honest about yourself. if not for the mentally unfit and sexually impotent part i'd think that maybe you're actually my bastard.
>>
Jesus, I'm gone for an hour and this thread pops another hundred replies.

Pretty much made the decision for me though.

Going to post the skinning tutorial on /an/.
If PETA vegans can't deal with having it on the most appropriate board (which the shitting in this thread has proven) then its going to their home board- which by definition should also be an acceptable board to post on.

I link to it here of course.
And when it gets bumped off of page 10, I'll just copy pasta it back onto page one.
>>
>>841851

I would reply to this if it wasn't so butchered and horribly written, only a fucking retard would reply to this.

Wait

Fuck
>>
>>841851
>>841844
>>841840
>>841837
>>841829

>5 variations of the same insult

I EXPECTED BETTER BANTZ
>>
>hunting, fishing, taking of game
3rd line in the sticky.

If people are shitting in these threads, then they are trolling a legitimate posting topic and need to be removed/banned- per 4chan terms of use.
>>
>>841855
hands are still a little shaky from the adrenaline rush of fucking your mother while your father is home. not that i'd expect you to understand.
>>
>>841859
>not hitting where it hurts most
lrn2bantz

pretty clear this guy has some parent/inferiority fixation. he's probably some mixed race fuck up that blames his parents for everything and has identity problems.
>>
>>841860

We encourage you to have a look around the catalog first to see what we’re all about before posting your first thread. Topics typically posted here include:

>Hunting and fishing, and other activities involving the stalking or taking of game (including bird-watching)

Just because someone disagrees with your hobby doesn't mean they're trolling you stupid fuck.

NOWHERE does it say disagreeing with and debating the approved topics is trolling or a bannable offense

Fuck off
>>
>>841862

You are steadily declining and becoming a bantz embarrassment.
>>
>>841870
Debating and image dumping spam are two separate things moron, check the universal rules.
>>
>>841870
>Posting Naruto on /a/ totally isn't trolling or shitposting, guys
>Neither is posting "why aren't you a feminist" or cuck porn threads on /pol/
>DUDE FREE SPEECH LMAO

If you can't help but be disruptive and obnoxious then just don't fucking say anything in threads that are on the correct board.
>>
>>841871
i'll take your word for it being that embarrassment is your area of expertise :^)
>>
>>841870
Global rule no.3:
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames,

Nowhere in this thread is there discussion of why hunting is bad, or alternatives instead of hunting.
They are complaints and shit talking- trolls and flames, by definition- and violate this sites rules.
>>
>>841874

If you can't help but bitch and whine about differing opinions, then don't fucking visit a public imageboard you weak minded idiot

If you want a safe space go back to tumblr, ok, princess?
>>
>>841859

6 variations >>841875
>>
>>841879

>in my opinion this person disagreeing with me is trolling so mods pls ban this evil person who is threatening me
>>
File: dont_feed_the_troll.png (96KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
dont_feed_the_troll.png
96KB, 350x350px
>>841629
>What we need are a few mods from /k/ to keep down the trolling

Stop replying to trolls, this is something I learned from Usenet 20 years ago.
>>
>>841629

>we need mods from /k/ with our exact mindset to protect us from these bullies we can't help but reply to
>>
>>841889
If you think about it the more the troll persists the more likely we are to eventually get /hunt/. Logically we want the trolls to shit up every fishing, hunting and trapping thread forever so our incompetent mods are fired when the global board admins have to step in and fix the mess they created with their incompetence.
>>
>>841889
that's a cute troll though in your pic. if i saw that little guy /out/ i'd give him an egg or two.
>>
>>841885
There is no "disagreeing"
>>837281
First reply, troll.

And that's typical response to hunting threads.
>>841674
Flaming a legitimate topic on this board.
>>841694
More flaming.
>>841703
Flaming
And it just keeps going...
>>
>>841892
I'd try to breed him, a fur farm with such exotic pelts could make alot of cash. We could even sell their dried penises and anal glands to the Chinese as an aphrodisiac.
>>
>>841880
This was always a shit thread, but whining about hunting in hunting threads is disruptive behavior. If hunting bothers you so much, make your own thread complaining about it instead of shitting up another.
>>
>>841894

>There is no "disagreeing"

I disagree.

See how that works? Pretty cool right?
>>
>>841897

Hunting doesn't bother me, anon.

Princesses who think their little hobby is immune to critique and discussion do.
>>
>>841900
So make a thread complaining about those people instead of bringing them up in an only tangentially related discussion.
>>
>>841902

Just because you can't defend your hobby doesn't mean people have to move threads to discuss it.

Honestly you might want to look into tumblr.
>>
>>841826
Not how that works.
>>841824
I clear 250k a year for various things from programming to environmental management

Maybe one day you'll be like me

And to reply to your other reply of me... you know nothing :^)
>>
>>841907
>Just because you can't defend your hobby doesn't mean people have to move threads to discuss it.

It's not about that, it's about how it disrupts the extant thread. Discussions like that inevitably take over the entire fucking thread and drown out the original discussion, which is my point. I don't give a shit if people make half a dozen anti-hunting or "arguing about hunting" threads to every pro-hunting threads so long as the aforementioned anti-hunting threads don't disrupt the pro-hunting threads.
>>
>>841900
And what is critique?
Calling them a "fucking pyscho"?
Saying " their main hobby in life is killing small animal's"?
Or saying "nobody cares how hard it is for you to legally murder"?

That's not a discussion.
That's not critique.
That's flaming.
>>
>harass people
>say what, cant handle being harrassed?

Basically the weakest troll to ever visit /out/, probably doesnt give a rats ass himself about animals.
>>
>>841915

You choose to associate those replies as 'critique', doesn't mean everyone else does.

People with half a brain consider those 'trolls' and know not to reply to them, something that is proving to be difficult for the people who post in hunting threads.

You'd think you guys would understand what 'bait' means, what with you sitting in tree stands watching a pile of corn for hours.
>>
>>841922
Ooooooor /out/ is a very slow board and literally all posts are going to get replies

It's trolling in a barrel because the trolls werent good enough for any other boards
>>
>>841925

>having more time to read, understand and reply to a post before it becomes irrelevant, makes it easier to get trolled

>/out/ is a very slow board with not many people
>so you're guaranteed to get more replies!

Way to call everyone visiting out retarded
>>
>>841655
>/an/ [seemed like a] viable options.
>For posting about killing animals
Are you retarded? Would you also try to post on /an/ about how you were clearing away a stretch of woods for a strip mall because "it's related to nature :^)"
>>
File: HB02.jpg (155KB, 560x500px) Image search: [Google]
HB02.jpg
155KB, 560x500px
>>
>>841970
This
>>
>>841927
No that isnt what it means sorry that you have a severe disability
>>
ITT: People debate making an entirely new board because of one terrible peta liberal hippy faggot troll
>>
>>841994
Actually it's more like hunters whine and cry and demand special treatment revealing what faggots they are because of one troll.
>>
>>841995
>the troll

Do not be alarmed people of /out/
>>
>>841994
No one cares about a few trolls. What matters is the fact that /out/ is either completely unmoderated or it is a moderator doing the trolling.

A secondary issue is the fact that there appears to be no reliable way to inform the 4chan administration of how badly the moderators are failing and/or deliberately fucking up the board.
>>
>>842055

What matters is the fact that a majority of the content on /out/ that needs to be moderated is opinionated bullshit.

Everything else is fine
>>
>>842055
You are retarded.
>>
>>842068
There is no moderation at all. Threads filled with gore spam for 10 days and a flat out racist /pol/ thread on the front page without intervention.
>>
>>841961
Yes

Because unlike the typical /an/ poster who dumps their paycheck into funding breeding beef in deplorable conditions for a bigmac--- I'm actually aware of reality.

Rename /an/ to fluffy kittens and puppys if that's what it really is.

To include "nature" implies my awesome pictures (because I don't hunt) and people who harvest nature.

Post dem dead Bambi's...
>>
>>841785
>the government should do everything

and when they fuck that up like for instance putting time delayed poison in dingo's to naturally cull the goat population on an island

you will cry over that
>>
File: Hunting is Murder More.jpg (17KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Hunting is Murder More.jpg
17KB, 236x236px
Known fact: Hunters are bloodthirsty psychos who will never feel love
>>
File: Funny Anti Hunting Quotes.jpg (84KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
Funny Anti Hunting Quotes.jpg
84KB, 600x822px
Trappers are rejects who live in the woods and hurt small animals because no o e likes them
>>
Hunters only know how to destroy not create, they are the ultimate losers
>>
>>843478
Serial killers are pretty cool though.
>>
File: Hunting Fun _ lol-rofl.jpg (97KB, 531x822px) Image search: [Google]
Hunting Fun _ lol-rofl.jpg
97KB, 531x822px
Hunters tortured small animals as children that's why they think their hobby is normal
>>
"serial killers are cool I would be one myself but I'm a pussy so I trap and torture small animals I stead"
T. Autistic trapper
>>
File: Anti-hunting.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-hunting.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
If they couldn't torture and kill animals hunters would go nuts and end up shooting up a mall
>>
>>843481
Life has no value. Abandon your delusions of being anything more than aberrant harmonic resonance in entropy fluctuations.
>>
>>841780
Fair chase is nearly exclusively meant as hunting free ranging game (i.e. not high fenced).
>>
>"life has no value" *throws in some muh smart nihilist fancy cool poetic lingo*

You heard it here kids, WW2 killing millions of people horribly meant absolutely nothing! Now lets go torture animals, even though fuffilling our sadistic desires is meaningless, we still do it anyways.
>>
>torture is meaningless because an outsider observer can say so

>like the person being tortured gives a fuck what some autistic asshole has to say about his suffering

>like the autistic asshole wont beg for mercy when his time to get tortured comes around
>>
>>841894
Reporting works apparently...
Kinda.
>>
>>843473
>>843474
>>843478
>>843480
>>843481
>>843483
>>843488
What did you have for lunch today? Even though I think that 2 posters.
Honest answers.
What did you do for dinner for the wife/girlfriend/alone in the basement Saturday night?
Go ahead and have the balls to answer truthfully.
>>
File: biocentrism.jpg (42KB, 581x597px) Image search: [Google]
biocentrism.jpg
42KB, 581x597px
I think that what's important in hunting is the attitudes one brings to it. If you treat the woods as nothing more than your personal lumber factory or meat corral, or if you hunt for the same pleasure that psychopathic children get when torturing cats, then there's obviously something that's a bit deplorable about you. If you do it respectfully, as a way of fulfilling an ecological covenant that ensures the giving of one life for the eventual giving of yours, then let's track down some moose. In my own pompous language, I like to give the former type the name of "worldeater". Luckily, I've only hunted with two of them out of the dozens I've gone out with in the past decade or so. Attitudes vary from hunter to hunter, but most of the women & men that I've gone out with have a deep reverence & love for the land, in ways that city dwellers rarely understand. As long as they don't deeply believe in that Genesis 1:26 "dominion" bullshit (which is probably one of the main reasons why the current environmental crisis even exists), then hunters are usually pretty chill.

Miles Olson has a great book on the topic of compassionate hunting. For any of the animal rights folks who might have participated in this thread, I can guarantee that it provides a fresh perspective that's far more empathetic than the usual conservative ones.

Here's a GoodReads link:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18528306-the-compassionate-hunter-s-guidebook
>>
The circle of life isn't holy, sentient beings killing sentient beings is not beautiful. The only way I can respect that attitude is if you have been a tribal hunter gatherer all your life. There's nothing compassionate about killing for the sake of your own nutritional or material gain... Give me a break. Respecting nature does not require killing things. The only compassionate killing is to prevent an animals suffering, and the context in which virtually all hunters hunt is not about that.
>>
File: stockyards.jpg.cf.jpg (46KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
stockyards.jpg.cf.jpg
46KB, 512x340px
>>844065
This is how your bigmac was raised.
I'd rather promote hunting, where my food lived a good life, not tortured daily for its entire existence.
>>
File: jj-268845.jpg (28KB, 694x328px) Image search: [Google]
jj-268845.jpg
28KB, 694x328px
>meat is already widely available thanks to capitalism and glorified slaughter house systems that mass breed animals
>his special snowflake hipster status still requires him to go hunting
>>
>>844065
>>The circle of life isn't holy
>But "nature" apparently is and should be revered

Let me give you a little tip, nature isn't some beautiful thing to be respected, she is a cold calculating frigid bitch who would fuck you up the ass with a rust signpost for looking at her the wrong way. Nature is a bunch of horrible mutant monsters in an ever escalating war that's been raging for billions of years.
>>
>>844070
>implying

>>844077
>strawman
>>
>>844075
>he promotes glorified slaughter houses.
>>
>>841668
exactly, trappers are the true hunters of the land, stand hunters dont have any repsect for the land or any knowledge either. They are basically the cucks of the land
>>
It's very difficult to talk about hunting without edgy faggots on both sides, both sides posting straight animal abuse and excessive gore, and derailing in general. I like to talk about hunting, especially overpopulated species and pests, and the best way to use as much of that animal as possible, and different ways to hunt and catch them. But another board won't help. Imagine /out/ with half the speed (if that), most people who would be into hunting board would be turned off by the speed.
>>
>>840878
>hunting or any /out/-activites are privileges now
>>
>>837552

As a person who has been hunting for over twenty yrs...you're clearly a faggot. Fuck off you stupid bitch.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (13KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
13KB, 300x199px
>>844152
/po/ is very, very slow, is a niche category- but is successful and entertaining.
I think /hunt/ would bring a lot of interest and show the /an/ crowd that its not only more humane than the industrialised meat complex they support, but a legit activity.

I'm still floored every time I see someone who's against hunting and actually says its unnecessary because we have meat in supermarkets. I honestly think its a symptom of the nanny state and entitlements- they don't need to do anything themselves because someone else will do it for them.
>>
>>837275
>Like trapping and shit like that?
trapping is easily seen as animal abuse.
some traps kill instantly (mostly for rodents) and some only capture but the rest are fucking savage.
>>
>>844351
Most of /an/ is actually fine with hunting. Maybe not trapping though. Of course there are also going to be trolls and shit, like anywhere.
>>
File: 1445054277820.jpg (51KB, 614x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445054277820.jpg
51KB, 614x800px
Can someone explain to me how faggots mesh their feelings on hunting and the fact that life is pain for animals?
No animal that isn't a pet or apex predator dies a peaceful death, they either die from a broken limb, starvation, disease, or predation.
>>
>>841802
O, herro. One sixty two here. I'm both pleased and saddened to see that there is at least one other intelligent individual who hangs out here, in the gaping asshole of the internet. What trauma hath brought you hither? It had to be something, no sane and normal person of intellect would willingly subject himself to the shitstorm that is 4chan without good cause. Tell me about yourself, anon.
>>
>>846706
Because (ostensibly) humans have the capacity to reason and understand that their actions create or mitigate suffering. While animals and nature in general cannot. While animals suffer in the wild, it really doesn't have a moral weight under most common ethics systems because there was never a choice to create that suffering. When a human creates suffering, that does have moral weight because it is a conscious choice by someone with the ability to think and act ethically.
>>
>>846925
>think and act ethically
By, for instance, providing a quick death (responsible hunting) as opposed to supporting the cruelty that is factory farming (fast food, grocery stores)?
>>
>>846972
Well for one thing a quick and clean death is not guaranteed, secondly while factory farming may cause more suffering, any individual act of forgoing it doesn't necessarily change anything. The likelihood of a domesticated animal used for meat suffering and dying to feed someone is all but guaranteed, where as the death/suffering of a wild hunted animal is ultimately up to the individual. Letting die is usually considered distinct from killing and some may see the latter as worse.

Anyways that's all hypothetical, as there are many moral viewpoints, any of which probably has another explanation. Just saying I could see how someone might think that.
>>
>>846706
i blame disney.
lately i blame them for more and more. you can always find the root of problems in the generations mentally and emotionally crippled by disney movies.
>>
>>847031
>participation trophy's

Everything has to have a happy ending for everyone involved.
Its like this generation is detached from reality.
>>
>>841445
>On /out/
>Not wanting to live like that

Get out
>>
>>844075
what the fuck are you chucklefucks gonna do when the stores run out of food?
>>
>>837275

Lack of understanding, lack of connection to ones source of meat, distrust of hunters due to a perception that we simply enjoy killing.

For what it's worth, we're often our own worst enemy as far as our PR goes. General hick behavour both online and in the woods + endless grip and grin photos presented without context don't do us any favours.
>>
You see there are these people that organize on private chat groups and go to different boards and do as much damage as they can. They're called Shitposters.
>>
File: ghf.png (636KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
ghf.png
636KB, 1000x800px
hey /out/ how does one get into hunting, preferably with a bolt rifle
>>
>>848951
pic unrelated
>>
>>848951
Internet search of "hunting (your state/country/prefecture/whatever)"
Look at your states hunting website.
See what each game species season and regulations are.
Find something that you'd be comfortable with.

Right now many U.S. states have an issue with invasive wild boars- many states you can hunt year round and no bag limit.
You might even find a rancher/farmer that will pay you to hunt them on his land.
>>
>>848951
>fn-2000
Something's fishy about that setup....
>>
>>843506

this

/numale peta pictures
>>
>>841899
the word doesn't exist you fucking mong
>>
>>837552
There is no such thing as a fair chase, there never was, there never will be.

Deliberate torture of animals is another thing of course and illegal atleast where i live.
>>
>>841592
Actually now, the hippy stops literally in the road without pulling off. Leaves the door ajar and let's a motorcycle rider get himself killed because she stopped suddenly and didn't put her caution lights on. Happened here in Canada, they charged her with manslaughter. Wasn't a turtle but was duck chicks I think.
>>841760
No one with any sense goes for a headshot with a bow.
>>
>>841768
Killing Jews wasn't necessary either, german
>>
>>837275
>those 10 cali posters
thats why
>>
>>846989
Get the Fuck out of here with your reasonable attitude. People who can see things from two separate standpoints and see the value of both arguments sicken me.
>>
>>841670
>hunting/fishing/trapping board
There would be zero traffic. /out/ is almost too slow to browse and you're wanting to take a sub-interest of that and make it its own board? It literally wouldn't be worth the trouble.
>>
Hey guys /K/ here, I'm enjoying the pics of piles of dead animals and especially the deer with arrows in the face, please keep them coming. Also being called psycho isn't insulting.
>>
I have no issue with hunting shit and eating it. The only problem is that all the "avid" hunters I've ever met who pursue it as their main hobby are literal psychopaths who will admit to having tortured animals as kids and stealing/torturing/killing people's pets. These are the guys who mount heads on their walls and get stuff taxidermied. There's something very wrong inside them that they soothe by causing pain and taking life.

You have regular guys who hunt what's in season and enjoy venison and the like, and then you have "hunters" who are playing out their serial killer fantasies in a socially acceptable way.
>>
File: 1451253526518.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451253526518.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
I don't really see the argument. Hunting is not only tradition but part of peoples sustenance. I don't understand why people get so upset about it. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate. Its the same thing as owning an animal. You have to take care of it and when you commit immortal acts such as abuse, you're punished for it.

The shit with shooting and trapping wolves pisses me off though. I live up in the U.P. and the wolves are getting out of control. You can't have your dog out roaming your property without you and the deer are being run into the ground. The "big buck" last year near me was a 14 point that weighed 125lbs. They just can't get off the pressure.

So while I have to deal with the constant pressure of wolves, they keep passing local ordinances to kill coyotes down south because grandma Sue's cat got out and died to a yote. I honestly don't know how to explain it to people down there as they just don't understand. It must be the "as long as its not in my backyard" syndrome. Maybe they don't understand that wolves are apex predators. Either way its frustrating beyond belief.

In the end the main gripe is just being tied up and unable to manage the population to coexist with the human population too.
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1024x683px
>bought my deer license onlinr last week
>got it the other day
>also bought my small game at the same time
>still isn't here
>can start hunting ruffed grouse Saturday

I'm gonna be upset if it's not here soon.
>>
>>849507
Fs2000 is the boat m8. XM8 is the fish.
>>
>>857448
Season opens on Saturday for me too bro. I'm excited for goose hunting since my dad gave me one of his 12 gauges.
>>
>>837289
Define hunting. It's taking non-aquatic game, and trapping is hunting.
>>
>>841329
Tell that to every farmer, rancher, and commercial fisherman in the world.
>>
>>841565
If you think a one shot kill at 900 yards is easy, or even doable, you are either a master shot, or a fool.

I suspect the latter. Particularly with a round that I doubt will deliver 700ft/lbs at that range.

It may be legal, but I doubt it's humane.
>>
>>857532
I'd like to branch out eventually because I've only ever hunted white tail and ruffed grouse. Problem is I have nobody to go with to show me the ropes. This is only my third ever year of hunting.

I am gonna try ice fishing for the first time this year though.
>>
>>841757
As a hunter and a biologist, I hunt specifically because it's humane. I'd much rather be a deer killed instantly in the forest than a terrified cow smacked in the head with a hammer and ripped apart by minimum wage slaves in a factory, or torn to pieces while still alive by wolves.

You are an imbecile, and true compassion is beyond you.
>>
>>841768
Civilized, and full of rapefugees. Where the cucks like you are forced to eat food slaughtered by the lowest bidder.

Spare me such civilization.
>>
>>841757
What about the killer whales that actually toy with their prey before killing it? It's not uncommon in the aninal world. Your argument and picture are baseless and false.
>>
>>857551
A cow nor deer care if they die humanely.

Stop applying human emotions to animals.if you really are a biologist.
>>
>>844065
So, you're either a vegan or a hypocrite. Not that vegans aren't hypocrites.

Any animal I kill has been prevented from suffering a worse death, through disease, starvation, or predation by natural predators that have no quicker means of killing than teeth and claw, and no concern for the well-being of their prey.

Also, people as a whole have always hunted. It is our heritage, and will be our legacy.

Just because you don't have the emotional, spiritual, and physical or mental strength to humanely kill your prey doesn't mean no one does.

Honestly, your feeble mind is not the ultimate authority on anything, except your own inadequacies.
>>
>>844065
If life isn't sacred, nothing is, particularly not your opinions.

Life is, all of it, always, at war. Every leaf is an attempt to take light another might, every root does it's best to keep others from the resources it needs. Look at how hemlocks grow patiently in the shade of spruce, winding around their trunks, sucking the nutrients and water right from among their roots, and tell me that's not brutal warfare.

The entirerty of existence is war, and only hunters try to be humane about it.
>>
>>846925
That's why I hunt: to decrease the suffering necessary to sustain me. If you don't hunt, you're increasing that suffering cause you're too much of a pussy to do anything about it.
>>
>>855462
You literally have no fucking idea what you're talking about. People keep trophies because they're beautiful, and remind them of the animal they hunted. I know no hunters that torture.
>>
>>837275

Cause 90% of /out/ is autistic. They fight over every thing and just insult each other, then you see 20 threads about "tfw no qt13 gf to go /out/ with". Well no shit you got no women to go out with, you're all retards.
>>
>>857558
While I'll never argue that a deer's appreciation of it's manner of death is the same as mine, it is plain and obvious that they prefer to not suffer.

In the end, being humane isn't about the animals. It's about humanity. I don't like to cause suffering, so I hunt humanely.
>>
>>857563
Unnecessarily barbaric.
Life is sacred and should be perserved.
you arenot respecting life by killing.*
*unless hunting invasive species
>>
>>857624
What if I just don't give a fuck and do it because I enjoy sitting in the frigid cold for hours on end on my day off for essentially free meat since I'm a cheap bastard?
>>
>>857624
>Unnecessarily barbaric.
Far more kind than the death nature often gives to them

>Life is sacred and should be perserved.
All life or just the pretty ones? So no vermin control, insect control, plant control, or abortion then?
>>
>>837275
i guess the issue lies with the different ways people enjoy being /out/
i’ve met mostly great hunters and would like to try it now and again.
but i predominantly go /out/ for solitude.
even hours deep in to crown land after wading through 2 swamps i can still hear shots from a few clicks away. shells and beer cans are always found together. obvious disturbed undergrowth and forest floor around blinds and animal trails. shitty fire pits. kicked up sphagnum moss. and they only seem to go into the woods for a day a time.
they kind of remind me of bikers. i like motorcycles but it’s a hobby mostly taken up by loud faggots.
>>
>>857550
I dig, I grew up hunting in Northern Wisconsin with my dad and brother so I learned a bunch from them. The biggest thing I've learned though is that if you go out and walk around enough, eventually you'll see something to shoot, and even if you don't it's still a nice hike in the woods.

Ice fishing is great. Total solitude and relaxation. I may even get my gas auger up and running this year so I don't have to use the hand one.

Really though, just pay attention to your surroundings and if a spot seems nice to you try to figure out why it seems nice, then try to figure out if the game you're hunting would appreciate those same qualities. Animals don't operate on a higher level than survival, remember that.
>>
>>857624
You go ahead and starve to death, or anthropomorphize animals and pretend plants aren't just as vitally alive and just as deserving of life as any creature.

My point was that every living thing wages war to live every day, and either kill to eat or scavenge carcasses, like plants.

Just eat plastic and drink bleach, and nobly harm nothing and no one.
>>
>>857563
>The entirerty of existence is war, and only hunters try to be humane about it.
You are one dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>858972
>hunting is barbaric and unnecessary- you can get meat from the store.

This mentality always floors me.
People who are oblivious of the industrial meat complex and how cows/chickens/pigs that are bred for human consumption live a life of torture- crammed into pens and barns sometimes too tightly to even move.
Pumped full of hormones and drugs.
Fed the remains of other sick animals (mad cow disease was spread so widely because they'd feed the dead cows, including their brains, to other cows).

>>858972
You're an idiot.
Every organism on earth trys to crowd out their neighbor to benefit from more resources.
Coral actually have chemical warfare to kill neighbors.
Deer beat the crap out of each other for the right to breed.
>>
>>859164
>factory farming durr
Red herring straw man.

>plants compete for life
No shit, they aren't sentient which is what matters.
>>
>>837552
If youre hungry that is extremely stupid. You ned to gain more energy out of your food than you are using getting it. Traps are ideal for that.
>>
The state of this thread, nice to know every board on this website has argumentative dummies
>>
>>841586

ive got that same knife, i use it cooking when /out/ alot
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.