[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ take to eat while /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: out food.png (44KB, 215x543px) Image search: [Google]
out food.png
44KB, 215x543px
What does /out/ take to eat while /out/?
>>
>>837159
I hunt and gather my food. Theres plenty to eat innawoods. I only bring 2 days of rations if all else fails (which it hasnt yet). My rations are usually jerky, some bannock ingredients, trail mix, and sometimes something like a can of tuna or soup.
>>
>>837161
Where is your innawoods?
>>
>>837168
Canada
>>
>>837161
I'm working on learning more about local flora and fauna so I can be capable of doing this, too. Anyone know of any good books/resources/websites about what is edible in the southeastern U.S.? I'm pretty aware on the fauna end, but my knowledge is lacking in the flora department.
>>
>>837191
that guys a fucking idiot unless he's never going more than a day or two away from civilization.

people who bank on sustaining themselves by hunting/gathering are delusional. doing the whole survivalist thing is cool an all but if you're not packing enough emergency food to sustain you in the event that you don't find anything (eg taking two days of emergency food for a 15 day excursion) then you're just an idiot

but guided survivalist hikes are a good way to learn hands on about your environment, and your local outdoor store should have books about it.
>>
File: ready_rice_red_beans_and_rice.png (171KB, 325x366px) Image search: [Google]
ready_rice_red_beans_and_rice.png
171KB, 325x366px
Instant oatmeal
GORP
Dehydrated hummus
Peanut butter
Pita bread
Salami/cured meat
Pasta
Dried fruit
Bouillon cubes
Instant rice
>>
>>837224
I will admit that my property is a days trip away from where I go, so if all else fails I can make it home. But I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone who isnt experienced. I learned lots of this stuff from family and friends + books and such. Ive only become comfortable doing this within the past few years, and I used to bring everything I needed when I first started going out.

Reading about your local area and taking a guided hike would be very good as experience is much better than theory. I wouldnt reccomend just going out to bumfuck nowhere with nothing thats just stupid.
>>
File: YFZUC.jpg.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YFZUC.jpg.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>837159
There can be only one
>>
File: IMG_20160808_225523.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_225523.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
i'm still in prep mode looking forward to go innawoods. here are two packs of instant stuff i was looking at.
>>
>>837161
I bring my bicycle and bring a backpack with a hoodie and a wool blanket, a knife, 2 pounds of nuts, a fishing pole and a bottle to hold water. I usually ride about 50 miles out into a national forest and go as deep as possible. If the fishing is good I stay for up for a month, if no fish in the streams I find I will stay til my nut sack is empty. Yes forever alone, nobody is willing to camp the way I camp, I build my own shelters and fires etc and bring almost nothing. People don't think it's fun but I do.
>>
File: 1419541187068.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1419541187068.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>837159
>backcountry food suggestions
>no grits
>>
>>837561
Daily reminder that even pre civilization tribes would starve to death from not being able to find food sometimes.
Finding food isn't just a trade of manly skill, it's also largely luck.
>>
>>837159
Wouldn't recommend bread, rice, or any other empty carbs. They'll drain more energy from you than it'll give you. If you're going out on an extended period of time you only want to eat for energy and nutrition, not comfort. Feel free to pig out though if you're only doing a day or two and aren't going too far out.
>>
>>838045
Yeah, I'll eat whatever the fuck I want, mom.
>>
>>838066
Sorry, I forgot Amerifats get triggered at the discussion of eating healthy. I'll go and check my fit privilege now.
>>
>>838136
You realize your two posts are incompatible right?

If bread and rice drain more energy than they give, the people who eat lots of them would not be fat.

People are going camping for a few days. A couple of weeks at most. A peson's health won't be significantly impacted by a few days of even jelly beans.
>>
>>837995
>until my nut sack is empty

Bet that happens by the second night.

First night if you pass any qt hikers.
>>
>>838145
Wut.
I think you've mistaken what I said. I'm referring to feeling energized, not long term health effects. Eating carbs make you more lethargic while eating nutrient Rich food keep you moving ez pz.
>>
>>838150
ded
>>
>>837159
I bring a plump friend, preferably one who will tire out quickly on a hike.
>>
>>837995
Didn't you already post this exact same pasta before
>>
>>837159
Freeze dried MRE's for two days
Usually forage all my food so I don't have to eat them, so I end up having to do it at home
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.