[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: pixelpepe.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pixelpepe.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
how can a normie get himself into outdoors? i don't live in USA neither i have someone to go out with but im sick of the home>school>repeat routine
>>
open door

go outside
>>
Literally this

>buy local map
>pick point on map
>walk to said point and back
>rinse and repeat with longer distances or in other places
>congratulations, you am now hiker
>>
>>836953
i find it awkward, just walking with no purpose ;-;
>>
>>836957
Then walk straight back to work wagecuck.
>>
>>836951
Where do you live/ what transportation do you have available?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>836957
>>836951
Start fishing. It's relatively cheap to get started, doesn't require a ton of physical activity, and you can go out for an hour or all day if you don't have shit to do.
>>
>>836957
if you can't even walk without needing instructions you have issues going outdoors isn't going to help you with
>>
File: bikespot.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bikespot.gif
4MB, 400x225px
OP just get a bike. It's easier and more fun to bike around rather than walk around when you don't know what you want to do or where you want to go. Just explore more and more as the weeks go by. I have a ton of fun doing this. I visit various lakes and ponds, long stretches of farmland, state parks, trails, etc. Each time I go out it's a nice adventure of mixed road/trail biking and the low-impact fitness really makes you feel good.

Bonus: simultaneously get into something like 'tography and find cool places to take comfy /out/ pics. I have spots that are ugly in the afternoon but gorgeous at sunset or in the rain, etc. The possibilities and activities you can plan around it really open-up.
>>
>>836957
I don't understand why this would seem awkward. If you don't have a "purpose" it is up to you to find one. Aimless walking can have many purposes really. This could be things like maintaining/improving health, stimulating thought for thinking clearly, familiarizing yourself with yur surroundings, but perhaps the most important one is just for your own pleasure. If these aren't enough, find something to do once you arrive at your destination. If you are artistically inclined, maybe you must sketch your surroundings on arrival or take pictures at the location. You could go there for a picnic spot. You could be going on a hike to help familiarize yourself with local plants and animals. I don't know where you live, but I don't know of any culture that thinks that you have to be going somewhere when you go out for a walk. At the very least, assuming you maybe have friends (or at least someone who doesn't hate you), maybe try walking to their house or whatever. Just go outside. I don't know what you expected to hear other than this.
>>
File: Nexttrip.jpg (68KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Nexttrip.jpg
68KB, 500x750px
>>836951
You need to get gear. You should buy good knife (I like my ESEE 6) for starters. Other things to consider:
-hammock (and tarp)
-hiking boots
-outdoor pack (canvas- it'll last more than a few seasons)
-ferrorod
-pot/kettle/pan
-mess kit

There's plenty of guides on /out/ but those are the essentials. My way of thinking, is that if you are prepared, you'll want to be inna more.
>>
>>836987
I actually enjoy bike but i get exhausted really fast and my area is not very "property-friendly" if you know what i mean.
>>
File: latest.jpg (31KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
31KB, 215x300px
>>837000
well your fitness will improve as you bike more! and it doesn't matter, stay on the roads and find nice places to visit. when i live innacity it's as much fun as when i live innacountry. but you have to DO IT. as much as I enjoy it, I still have to force myself to go out, laziness is a bitch but it's always worthwhile to force yourself /out/! don't be a lüseur now.
>>
I have a really nice forest with a wide dirt path and a lake near me where a lot of people go biking gonna try it tomorrow, although i have to admit its pretty embarassing when i have to go back after short distance haha
>>
>>836998
speaking of, any good recommendations for a tarp?
>>
>>837011
awesome. and who cares! you aren't in competition, not even with yourself. the idea is just to enjoy yourself man.
>>
>>837012
That poster is a troll, ignore him.

That said, a tarp can be useful. I'd just get one of the cheap utility tarps they have at a hardware store for starters. See if you like it, learn how to set one up. Then you can graduate to something you like better knowing what you know.
>>
>>836957
Get a sound recorder and do field recording. Or photography
>>
get a oil spray and lighter. then go to nearest woods. then fire up the trees
>>
If you have local parks, there'll probably be a couple that has contained hiking trails. Lthey7re usually 1-2km long so they're easy to get through and you don't have to worry about getting lost.
Just bring a high calorie snack and a liter of water and you'll be fine.
>>
>>837067
This actually seems like fun but i would prefer something legal
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 300x220px
>>836951

I really can't understand what type of person you are if you have ask about this shit.

Its simple task just doing something like this
>>836982
>>
>>836982
>It's relatively cheap to get started
The permit is not really cheap (200-250€/year here)
>>
>>838156
Are you by any chance from Germany?
>>
>>837207
You really shouldn't need to bring any snacks unless you're going out for 5+ hours (and aren't a fat fuck). Just eat at home beforehand.
It really shits in my eggs when my friends eat cliff bars when we go out for a 3 hour hike. Like, damn, hiking does not expend as many calories as you're stuffing in your face.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.