[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are gorkas any good? Are they really water and wind proof to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2116-350x400.jpg (33KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
2116-350x400.jpg
33KB, 350x400px
Are gorkas any good? Are they really water and wind proof to any significant extent? I can get a whole package for $40, both pants and jacket.
>>
Water Proof? No
Resistant? Sure

They are excellent wind breakers for sure.

At 40$ the worst you have is semi decent clothing for less than good weather.
>>
>>835605
It's worth it for that price

Tell us where you're getting it?
>>
>>835605
Where are u getting it?
>>
>>835605
its a baggy cottom suit.

Windproof cheap and bombproof. NOT the best. Heavy, can get better windbreakers, can get better waterproofs, can get better insulations.

Would not wear.

Don't know why it has such a faggot /k/ appeal here I had never heard of it before I came to 4chins.
>>
>>836655
Because it looks kind of cool and like something from STALKER.
>>
>>836655
>>836662
Someone needs to get behind this and make us a polycotton gorka with modern impregnation.
>>
>>836905
Or you could get a rain shell like a normal person.
>>
>>836910
PC is more breathable and robust than any pure nylon/polyester shell.
>>
>>836905
impregnate (it) yourself?
>>
Gorkas are excellent to take for innawoods, it is not heavy and it is a good windbreaker.

NOTE that there are different brands of gorkas, I own one made by Pamir and one made by Bars.

The pamir Gorka is a winter version with quite thick fleece lining, and it has served me throught the bitter Finnish winter, and it only costed me about 45€ when bought on site in Russia.
The khaki/brown cotton on the Pamir gorka seems to be pretty much the same as on other gorkas, it is of good quality although a bit prone to fading. It shouldn't be too much of a problem tho as I have only had to wash it once and it fading doesn't look bad on gorkas anyway.

The reinforcement material on the Pamir Gorka is of a bit different quality than used on the Bars gorka, however it has been holding up very well with no fading either.
The stitching on the Pamir gorka is not as good as on the Bars model and in some areas it is insufficient, (mostly the pockets) however it is not hard to put in another row of stitching yourself. The other con of the Pamir gorka is the suspenders for the pants which, while they are very very comfortable, they tend to get loose threads all the time and I don't know how long they will stay good.

I have successfully impregnated the winter gorka with Greenland Wax, both on the cotton and on the (polycotton maybe) reinforcements

All in all, for the price the Pamir gorka was most definitely a good buy.

The Bars Gorka is clearly of better quality (most notably the stitching, suspenders, pockets and small details). It is quite water resistant with just the factory impregnation, which can be improved, however when I ordered it online from varusteleka it cost me a quite hefty 140€.
While I would say it was worth the money because of the excellent quality and how comfortable it is, I think you can get it cheaper from other sources.
If you can get your hands on one for under 120€ I would definitely by it

People who hate on Gorkas are girly gearqueer faggots
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.