[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Lookout restoration?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

So I went hiking a couple days ago and got lost. Ended up seeing aging fire lookout in the distance and decided I could stay there for the night until I got my bearings. It was aging agongnbandoned shithole but very pretty none the least and just cleaned it up a lot. I fell in love with it and cried when I left. It's only been abandoned 10 or something years. Is there any chance I could consult with the forest service to clean it up and restore it? It's too beautiful of a place to let decay any more
>>
>>835501
Christ sorry for my grammar. I got back and my hands feel almost numb.
>>
I'm sure they'd be fine with historic reconstruction, and going through all the channels to do it legally

Just give them a call
>>
>>835501
>cried when I left
>>
>>835501
got any pics? or a location?
>>
>cried when I left
Bruh chill it's just a fire tower
>>
File: wallpaper-god-of-fire.jpg (425KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-god-of-fire.jpg
425KB, 1920x1200px
>>835501
Hell man I never thought of cleaning one up. We have abandoned towers all over here in southern Canada, and I usually just burn them when I run across them.

Revenge for the fire god and all, pic related.

But I can see the appeal of your thing too.
>>
>>835501
>cried when I left
Ahahaha Hahahahahaha
AHahahahahahahahah
>>
>>835691
post pics of the wrath pls
>>
>>835652
>>
>>835640
>>835653
>>835703
These.

Like nigga what.

I didn't cry when I left my old childhood home for the last time.
>>
>>835640
>>835653
>>835703
>"guys not showing emotion is badass. Let's all be like the /r9k/ fucks hahahaha"
Come on, it saved my ass from the elements and was like something in a dream. After living in a shithole for most of my life running into a place that beautiful at random hit home to me. Cried because I left such a wonderful place and also the fact I found a dead person down the mountain as well.
>>
>>836083
Did you touch the dead person
>>
>>836086
Nah, they were in a poorly dug shallow grave. I could see some bone, so I just put some more dirt over and covered the remainder of the outline in rocks. Tried making a grave marker out of some rebar the g w outlined the grave used, hopefully it should hold until I get the sheriff dept. Out there next time.
>>
>>835691
I bet the forest service loves you
>>
>>836096
They do. It saves on environmental permits, forest service fees, insurance and demolition costs
>>
>>836185
Oh snazzy. Here we usually keep them around, either as shelters for hikers who get lost or for historical reasons.
>>
>>836080

Maximum cozy.
>>
File: r842839_7882451.jpg (87KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
r842839_7882451.jpg
87KB, 700x394px
>>836083
>"Not showing emotion is badass"
Who were you showing emotion to? I thought you were alone? So you get your dander up and start crying about a place you spent the night purely for your own self aggrandizing benefit?Guess what? You're a piece of shit.
The world doesn't care about you, same as the dumbass you found dead down the mountain. Go ahead and project your meaningless catharsis on inanimate objects and structures but don't expect other people to think you're some brooding poet. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>836541
3edgy5me
>>
>>836541
I bet you're great at parties.
>>
>>836541
lit major
>>
>>836541
It is significant to the other person. Meaningless to you, but so is your tirade. Why do anything.
>>
>>836559
>I bet you aren't lame at parties like I am
>>
>>836580
Why would I care what some preening debutante finds meaningful or 'significant'? It's real groovy of you to just let other people's flaws slide, you must be a real chill dude. Unlike me. Namaste.
>>
>>836583
>>836586
Jesus christ did your girlfriend peg your ass too much? What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>836595
>stop making fun of me for being a boring pussy

Take a wild guess.
>>
>>836600
So your girlfriend did peg you in the ass too much. Worried about being too normal, so you tried that, it failed, she lost respect for you, now you're yelling at people online to make you feel valid.
>>
>>836083
there's a large gap between "not showing emotion" and crying because you slept in a shack

Like, do you have bipolar disorder?
>>
>>836635
Refer to
>>836580
>>
>>836645
that post doesn't have to do with anything, it's literally a nothing post

it's like going up to two people discussing something and saying "well everyone is entitled to their opinion"
>>
>>836928
>wants to ask about national forest service related shit
>"BRO that doesn't have to do with the outdoors"
How fucking stupid are you
>>
>>836962
>It is significant to the other person. Meaningless to you, but so is your tirade. Why do anything.

What does this have to do with the national forest service you actual retard
>>
>>836963
I cared about a place and wanted to restore it, people gave me shit for caring. I mean I get if you don't know how to read threads, but come on
>>
File: Here.jpg (67KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Here.jpg
67KB, 500x354px
>>836541
>>
File: 6c55411dc951d9cd673d12a8e7cddf1b.png (142KB, 1596x905px) Image search: [Google]
6c55411dc951d9cd673d12a8e7cddf1b.png
142KB, 1596x905px
>>837160
Thanks man
>>
You guys derailed a good thread, I know where some of these are in the mountains in socal near where I live, always thought they'd be a killer bug out location/cozy getaway
>>
>>839881
Bump
>>
>>836541
I actually agree.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.