[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

States where you do not need building permits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: Ukrainian.jpg (218KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ukrainian.jpg
218KB, 497x750px
What states would /out/ recommend living in if you want to live a life with the least government interference?

Would Montana or Wyoming be a good place to go to?
>>
>>835400
I think if you're going to build something you plan on living in you need a permit regardless. Otherwise, a google search would tell you.

What do you mean by interference? Like, cops driving past your house? You'll always have some extent of interference no matter where you live, it just depends on what you mean.
>>
File: 1470733896815.jpg (61KB, 1050x681px) Image search: [Google]
1470733896815.jpg
61KB, 1050x681px
>>835408
By interference, I mean how well they respect property rights (imminent domain, regulation, etc)
Also I would want to home school my future children, so laws regarding that would also be important.

My friends tell me Colorado would be a good place.
>>
AK

Buy your land upfront no one will fuck with you
>>
>>835411
>AK
Do they even have property tax in Alaska? Isn't the land kind of expensive? I have heard they pay people just to live up there... the only issue would be managing to find a woman in Alaska.
>>
>>835410
>future children

How old are you? Don't settle down until you're married, you'll just be stuck somewhere you might not even like. If you're serious about a state, rent property for a bit to see if you like it. It'd cost a bit in the long run, but you'd be glad you didn't settle down in a shithole if you hate it. My dad did exactly that, and despises SC and had to settle with a psychotic bitch for a third wife.

With imminent domain, you should be pretty much good anywhere in the US. Most boonie places wouldn't be much concern, though depending on where it is in relation to highways and interstates could mean factories and warehouses could be built right next to your property line which would suck. And if the state 100% needed to take your land, you're supposed to be able to name whatever price you want for it, within reason.

idk about child education laws, I don't plan on having kids for another 10 years or so. I want to be able to have fun for a bit longer.
>>
File: 1384278957752307.jpg (53KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1384278957752307.jpg
53KB, 480x640px
>>835417
>How old are you?
I just turned 18 yesterday.

> If you're serious about a state, rent property for a bit to see if you like it.
Sound like a good idea. Would you happen to know of any good jobs that would only require an Associates?
>>
>>835423
Hire yourself out to temp agencies, they'll contract you out to different companies, depending on what you tell them you're up to doing. Usually just a temporary job, say a woman is on paternal leave, but other companies are looking to have a "probationary period" with their employees and end up hiring the contractee.

It's not glorious work, and you might end up getting contracted with something you don't like, but most contracts only end up being six or so months, and depending on how much you're making you could move on a regular basis until you find out what you enjoy.

Having an Associates would open up a far wider scope of jobs you would be contracted for. If finances allow, keep studying. It could only help. Though be aware, out of state tuitions are stupid more expensive than in state. Keep that in mind if you think about moving between states.
>>
>>835432
I could become a firefighter up in Colorado. It doesn't take much school work to get the qualifications for that.
>>
>>835436
Currently a firefighter.

Firefighting is among some of the most competitive jobs in the US, especially in Colorado, considering their wildfire programs. The position I applied for, a general population fire fighter for a state capital, had over 500 applicants of varying degrees of skill and experience. If you have an EMT certification, your chances go up significantly, like mine did, and I was one of 12 that had that certification. Fewer than 30 people were considered for the position, I just so happened to be the lucky one to get the position.

Unless you plan on that being your primary job, look somewhere else. Law enforcement agencies are always hiring for a number of jobs. You could look for the oddball jobs as well, like fire watcher.
>>
>>835441
>Firefighting is among some of the most competitive jobs in the US, especially in Colorado
Thank you for telling me that
>>
>>835410
>Also I would want to home school my future children
why
>>
>>835447
So they don't turn into brainwashed cunts
>>
>>835488

Best washin' is done at home.
>>
File: 702bork-1250x650.png (2MB, 1250x650px) Image search: [Google]
702bork-1250x650.png
2MB, 1250x650px
>>835494
>Best washin' is done at home.
I do not know if this sarcasm, but if it is, wouldn't you rather your children be brainwashed by a person who has their best interests in mind (their parents) or someone who sees them as an expendable pawn (the gov't)?
>>
>>835510
>parent
>best interest of a child in mind
Choose literally one, massa.
>>
>>835579
So you think homeschooling should be illegal?
>>
>>835592
No. I think parents of children are selfish niggers who just want to be something's undisputed god. There is no person who is a parent on purpose who is pure of heart.
>>
>>835597
> I think parents of children are selfish niggers who just want to be something's undisputed god.
I disagree.

I would expect you to be more upset at people who have more children simply to get more government paychecks.
>>
>>835597
Don't homeschooled students on average out perform student in the public system? As long as they are getting proper socialization and they aren't being taught Evangilist BS, then they should be fine.
>>
>>835598
There is literally no part o the belief I just revealed that precludes me from liking both for the exact same reason. it's just scales of the same iniquity.

Any person who would make another person mind what they are saying, doing, thinking or not-saying, not-going, or not-saying before themselves saying, doing, thinking or not-saying, not-doing, or not-thinking is doing EVIL full stop. I know it and you don't know it.
>>
>>835626
Education is worthless.
>>
>>835510
Don't mind the JIDF. Home schooling is a noble pursuit, but bear in mind that you won't be able to do it properly if you're also juggling a full time job. Best have a stay at home wife if you want your kids to receive a good education.

I imagine if you ban TV, institute very strict rules regarding the Internet and computer use in general, they might just turn out OK.

>>835774
Lel. Education accounts for between 30%-70% of a child's ability. Let's say 50% to play safe. Studies show that verbal ability like enunciation and vocabulary, basically language skills in general are especially influenced by environment (i.e. upbringing). Other aspects of intelligence may have a bigger heritable component and won't change much regardless of education quality. I wouldn't want to gamble on that. I would want to give my kids the best possible advantage over the rest of the plebeian kids out there.
>>
>>835785
The ability that comes from education is worthless. I am everything in the world that is worthy.
>>
>>835811
>dubs
Hmm...
Kek is sending us mixed signals again...
>>
The only place I know of id in northern Maine where I think they're not towns but some other legal shit and there are very loose building laws. No permits.

Your chance of surviving tlhe economic landscape is less... Probable.
>>
>>835410
>Home school your kids
While there's definitely something to be said for the one-on-one attention and faster progress you get, I don't think there's any substitute for the social development public school teaches a kid
>>
Most rural areas in TX (not in city limits) are only regulated by the state building code which is pretty lenient except for a few things like septic systems and water wells. A few counties have their own strict building codes but for the most part you can do almost whatever you want to once you get outside the city limits.
>>
>>835772
Kids need to learn how to saying, doing, thinking or not-saying, not-going, or not-saying from someone, retard.
>>
>>835408
>I think if you're going to build something you plan on living in you need a permit regardless.

lol Not in the state where I live. The only people you have to deal with are the insurance companies; only if you ant it insured (my house isn't insured). Even electrical can be done by you, but the meter box needs to be inspected on the outside of the house, not the inside. That is only if you get electric from the electric company and the inspectors work for them. Nothing else matters. You can literally build anything you want and no one can fuss with you.
>>
>>835877
homeschooling doesnt mean isolating from human contact, homeschooled kids can still go do extracurricular activities where they can explore sports, hobbies,interests, etc and make friends/see friends outside of a formal environment.

Public school really isnt that great of a socializing environment, all of the extra shit kids do outside of school is where those experiences take place. it's barely more than a daycare for older children so parents can go to work.
>>
>>835906
The fuck they don't.
>>
>>835410
>I want my kid to be socially retarded.
I. Your kid won't get brainwashed at public school if you encourage critical thinking at home.

II. Interaction with other kids is important for social development. I.E. you will raise an autist by homeschooling.

III. How much do you know about algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, history, chemistry, physics, earth science, biology, etc? Not as much who studied said subjects and teach them for a living.

Get the fuck out of your fantasy world OP. Don't do what satisfies you, do what's best for your kid.
>>
>>835400
I came here to ask the same question about uk/Ireland.
I want to live rent free eventually, how would I go about it?
>>
>>836019
Try squatting, it's the easiest or you could just say something sexist like women suck at chess and get a free ten year ride in the pokey
>>
>>836051
1952 is that way.
>>
>>836057
>It's 2016
>How can peebbles still not think Bruce Jenner is most brave and stunning womyn ever????
>>
>>835410
>wants to homeschool his kids
>"imminent" domain

fuck
>>
File: Abortion.jpg (76KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
Abortion.jpg
76KB, 700x696px
>>835785
I plan to do something in Electrical Engineering and having a stay at home wife take care and teach our children (just like the old days!).

I am still young, so this plan might change. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Thank you
>>
>>835863
>Your chance of surviving tlhe economic landscape is less... Probable.
Are you saying that I would not be fit to survive in an economic collapse or that Maine would be a bad place to be when it happens?
>>
>>835918
Almost all of the people I knew who were homeschooled barely did the other socializing stuff. Most parents who homeschool are being overprotective and that cuts out a lot of the things kids do.
>my little Francis is NOT playing football!!!
>that will interfere with his cello lessons
>>
>>835400
Building codes are usually county by county.
>>
>>835400
Montana is full mate, sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>835413
I live in the AK backcountry and land is not really expensive as measured against per acre cost in CONUS. Unless it has old timber, or some other resource, it is pretty cheap.

Pretty much anywhere you will want to / be able to live will have property tax. The closest road to me is 8 miles away, closest paved road 30, and I pay property tax to the borough government.
>>
>>836712
So you live in AK, eh?
Isn't it really Asian?
They have got some pretty good "stand-your-ground" laws there don't they?
>>
>>836750
No it isn't really Asian. There are various natives who obviously have some Asian lineage.

No idea about stand your ground laws.
>>
Jesus OP do not make a babby .We dont need anymore fucking backwoods anti government nutters with guns.
>>
File: 1469507770309.jpg (78KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469507770309.jpg
78KB, 640x533px
>>835772
So you are proposing teaching children nothing? Just let them play video games all day? Or do whatever they like?

Or are you saying that the government indoctrination program is better than what a parent can provide at home?

Or something else?

Because it just sounds like me you are projecting, like you've clearly had some bad experience or ideas forced upon you as a child.
>>
>>835400
Stay in the city cuck.
Wilderness is for backpackers only.
>>
>>836839
So wanting to live off the land means you hate the government?
>>
>>835410
>My friends tell me Colorado would be a good place.

Are your friends from California or Oregon? If so don't listen to them, there are more California license plates than Colorado ones in Denver right now. The rent is skyrocketing from the cannabis industry. Wait a few years until federal legalization then buy real estate when it tanks in CO.
>>
File: 1470888905970.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
1470888905970.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
>>836886
What about Wyoming? I don't really care about cannabis.
Would an electrical engineering degree be any good in a small town?
>>
>>836891
Hmmm maybe Wyoming or North Dakota, from when I've been in those types of states there's typically only 1-2 huge companies per town that basically employ everyone in the area. A lot of them are engineering oriented companies
>>
>>836712
Currently residing in Talkeetna, so will confirm. Some Burroughs have looser tax laws though so if your home is "under construction" you pay lower property taxes, which is why half the houses around here don't have siding on them.
>>
Another thing to consider in that a lot of these empty states land may be cheap but water rights may not.

My brother in law is a hydrologist in Utah and consults with a lot of different people. Many folks make the mistake of buying a cheap parcel of land to farm on but don't research the water rights situation and end up paying through the nose.
>>
Kid- why don't you move to Ethiopia or Afghanistan? They'll let you build anything you want.

Jesus christ- get some help, will you? Like see someone- a Shrink, an LCSW, but do it. You're really detached from reality.
>>
>>836903
This is solid advice.

Water rights are going to become more valuable, so anons if you have monies invest in water rights
>>
File: vote-different-ad.jpg (79KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
vote-different-ad.jpg
79KB, 620x350px
>>837187
>>836903
In Wisconsin, you cannot actually own the lake that you pay extra for, you only own the land underneath it.

If a patrol plane (soon to be drone) saw you fishing without a life vest in "your" lake, you could be fined.

That is crazy.
>>
>>836603

I'm saying if you wanted to buy food, not grow it yourself, you couldn't find a job.

If you wanted to buy materials, or pay anyone to fix anything, it would bankrupt you.

If there are no tax paying businesses within 35 miles, no one is hiring.
>>
>>837479

In other words, there is no economy. It collapsed/never was.

Making it a great spot to get cheap land without much town bullshit.

Infrastructure is lacking.
Health care... Ha.
Schools? Your so fucked.

Basically, youd raise one of those rambunctious kids who can do a bunch of shit, but won't be able to get along or interact with anyone, and not in an autistic 4 channy way either
>>
File: olga kurylenko.jpg (320KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
olga kurylenko.jpg
320KB, 1920x1200px
>>835400
girl on your pic is probably russian, ukrainians are not that white and are more asian looking.
>>
>>835877
This.. Home school children. You can always tell the home schooled weirdos apart from the regular children... The social contact is a need. Even ones who aren't kept locked away end up really weird.

Im against homeschooling unless its literally the only choice you got.
>>
>>838218
I seen the opposite. Home schooled kids are very polite and can interact well with adults or children while the public school kids are mostly feral
>>
>>835951
> How much do you know about algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, history, chemistry, physics, earth science, biology, etc? Not as much who studied said subjects and teach them for a living.

In Virginia, you're lucky if they even know what's in the textbook. The only license you need requires you to pass a baby version of the SAT. When I was in college and worked in public schools, I'd often take over teaching classes because the "teacher" didn't understand the meaning of the words they were regurgitating.

That said, homeschooling is for fundies. Private schools are also a crap shoot teacher quality wise, but at least the learning environment is generally acceptable.
>>
File: 1464110618262.gif (565KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1464110618262.gif
565KB, 500x624px
>>835441

When you say oddball jobs like being a fire watcher...does that mean they're rare/hard to get or that only oddballs take them?

I am curious because Firewatching is something I'm interested in either voluntary/paid. I'm currently going to school for a BS in Forestry ;x.
>>
>hey guys just turned 18 5 minutes ago
>thinking about living off the land in Alaska
>or maybe being a firefighter, that's easy right
>wait, might become an electrical engineer
>you know what actually I'm going to be an astronaut
In 3 days OP is going to either make a "about to be homeless" thread or an MGTOW colony thread, guaranteed
>>
>>835400
Uruguay
>>
>>839442
Oddball as in not common, kind of in a league of it's own. Fire watching is a prime example: pretty much everything else in the US has upgraded to modern observation means, while most FWs still use binoculars and handheld radios. It's unique.
>>
>>839466
Roastie detected
>>
>>839524
GOD DAMN IT YOU FUCKING MAN BABY! YOU'RE JUST PISSED OFF BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER GET A WOMAN. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
>>841949
Is your roast available?
>>
>>839524
What state are you in?
>>
>>841949
Calm your nips bitch.
>>
>>841957
Bliss
>>
>>835510

I'm starting to think that either you're too much of a weirdo to actually find a woman willing to have children with you, or you'll raise future unibombers.

If you want to go be an anti society weirdo, please don't bring children into it.
>>
>>839466

This is pretty much spot on.
>>
>>836603
Maine is beautiful but no jobs other than catering to Masshole tourists five months a year.
>>
>>842117
sounds like you're too much of a retard if you believe public schooling is better than legitimate home schooling.

i can honestly say i learned virtually nothing in high school. it was a waste of 4 years and didn't prepare me for college at all. i struggled in my first semester of college as i needed to learn new material as well as catch up on everything i should have been taught in high school.
>>
>>842128
You are probably just dumb based on the way you write. Sucks to be you I guess.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.