[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /out/ ever tried whitewater rafting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: whitewater.jpg (38KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
whitewater.jpg
38KB, 600x371px
Has /out/ ever tried whitewater rafting?
>>
Went down Nantahala once

Never done unguided tho
>>
>>834273
Hell yeah I've been rafting. If you find a good guide outfit, you'll have a blast. If not, it's still fun. But a good river guide well take you down the dangerous chutes, flip you when it's fun, then share beers and stories at the fire afterwards. I've done the New and Gauley rivers in WV, I highly recommend them both, but the Gauley is only open for rafting for about a month each year. The Gauley is supposedly the roughest river east of the Mississippi, and I can attest to that. Don't be afraid when you flip, it's all part of the fun. I started going in college, been down the rivers about a dozen times now, have never regretted going on a trip. Do some rafting anons!
>>
rafting is fun but you need to do it with fun people.
its one of those things that starts feeling less wild the more you do it. unless you take it upon yourself to make it fun and have a good time.
>>
Whitewater canoeing > whitewater kayaking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whitewater rafting

Trust me, I'm an expert.
>>
>>834346
I've been to both the Gauley and New and it was the most fun I've had. Going again this year for Gauley days so I might see some of you guys there.
>>
>>834427
>Whitewater canoeing
that sounds fucking gnarly

white water kayaking is the best but i fucking love white water rafting. ive done a few different class five rapids in both hemispheres including tutea falls in NZ.

its a fucking blast man. just fucking do it don't hesitate. just make sure yo are not on a kiddie river or with a shit company.
>>
>>834443
Sure, with canoes you can't do the same kind of crazy shit like with kayaks or rafts, but the feeling you get in a canoe after going down a tight line on a very technical section or falls is like no other.

But then again I'm Canadian so I'm probably severely biased when it comes to canoeing.
>>
>>834273
I have when I was younger. My older brother pushed me off the raft before a huge rapid to fuck with me. Bruises and cut everywhere from sharp and smooth rocks. Almost drowned at the end of the rapid, it continually sucks you under.

Don't fall off the raft before a rapid.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.