[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /glamping/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Who /glamping/ here?
>>
File: 1470069355003.jpg (45KB, 219x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470069355003.jpg
45KB, 219x400px
>>833967
>>
Naw. I'd like to try "camping" in an RV, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (360KB, 1688x951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360KB, 1688x951px
>>833967
Step up yo game!

Seriously though those things would be great to do day hikes out of. Especially if you got one of those Unimog offroad ones. Drive real deep down some Jeep or ATV trails, post up, get a comfy rest with the DirecTV on, get out real early for your hike on the middle of nowhere, catch bigfoot, come back to a hot shower and a kitchen.
>>
>>833967
that little thing isn't glamping. in fact I don't understand why they even still exist. a f250 and a fifth wheel will be cheaper, more dependable, will last longer, and you still have the truck to drive around in.

I don't hate on camper figs. my parents tour the country 3 months a year in that camper. me and my gf have gone on many adventures from that camper as base camp.

actual glamping is silly, but you posted a low level bad decision of a camper.
>>
>>834042
This is true, the 5th wheel or just regular hitch campers are sooooo much cheaper than RVs. Like $40k vs $140k for similar inteior room and quality. Plus you could always drop the trailer and drive the truck into town for when your fishing trip is unfruitful and you need some food. Makes you wonder why so many people buy those big ass bus RVs.
>>
>>834049
If you factor in the cost of a tow vehicle, a 5th wheel and motor home aren't that far off on price.

I've been around RVs my whole life. Motor homes, for whatever reason, are often built to much higher standards than trailers and 5th wheels. Even expensive 5th wheels aren't as nice as a mid range class A. There's a reason why there are lots of 1990s Class A motor homes on the road and a 1990s 5th wheel is awful. Motor homes have better cabinets, electrical, doors, windows, ect ect. I don't know why, they are built to last though, while towables often are really considered disposable products. Go browse an RV forum and you'll see what I mean.

Motor homes are also much nicer if the journey is more important than the destination. When you're traveling cross country and you're on the road 10+ hours a day, a motor home is awesome. I had a guy tell me once "The first time you ask your significant other for a drink and she walks back to the fridge and hands you an ice cold soda makes you a believer."

That said, I tow a travel trailer, aND I personally prefer a town let. I daily driver my tow vehicle, and the cost of a travel trailer is about 1/4 the cost of a cheaper motor home.

Still, motor homes have their advantages.
>>
>>834052
*personally prefer a towable, not a town let. Fuck you autocorrect/drunk fingers.
>>
>>834054
I figured. You are kinda right about quality though. It's hard to find motorhomes with the cheap plastic veneer cabinets while you would probably have to custom order a towable to get the walnut ply cabinets like lots of RVs have. Maybe it's just the buyers. If the motorhome is going to start at $95k with shit cabinets, might as well drop another $15k worth of quality materials. Do that in a towable and you are adding 50% to the price.

Seems like so many boomers and retirees buying these $100k+ motorhomes are just wasting money though. Especially when you consider these drivetrains are made to run 500k miles easy and they are putting a few hundred miles on the thing every 6mos. Might as well just buy a nice pickup truck to DD instead spending all that extra money on a bus that never gets driven. I'm sure maintenance on the drivetrain of an RV that sits around 11mos a year isn't cheap either.
>>
>>834063
exactly this. my dad drives his f250 in everyday life. and he unhitches it and drives it into town when camping. do you know what night life is like in jackson hole or aspen? me neither, but my cheap ass father does.

my parents probably put 100k miles a year on a fifth wheel and buy a new one every four years. my dad had his last f250 10 years. my god damned parents are pretty fucking rich, but they didn't get that buying caviar for dinner. for the most part it just makes more economic sense to tow. especially if you want to go places. are you really wanting to drive through montana in one of those ntsb certified golf carts? or are you going to biy a 40k camry that gets it's real axle worn out.

I prefer driving in my truck, parking and hiking. but when my parents are camping a trailer is great. and hopefully when I am 60 I have enough to have one too.
>>
>>834073
Sad!
>>
File: IMG_20151122_185452589-L.jpg (103KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_185452589-L.jpg
103KB, 800x451px
>>834049
Trailer's the way to go for sure... beats having a car on the hook behind you with a motorhome, or packing up every time you need to run into town for groceries.

>Quality
Motorhomes are definitely built a little better, but they have to be because they're self-powered. Trailer manufacturers build everything cheap, looks nice enough to get it out the door and past warranty before wiring starts failing (thanks to the scotch-lock wiring), roof starts leaking, or the frame starts rusting out.

Kind of the reason I've gutted and rebuilt to my standards every trailer i've had (and a lot of friends trailers too). It's not the sort of thing I'd recommend if you're not very /diy/-savvy, it is a lot of work to do it right.

And when I'm spending the better part of the winter in the mountains, having a place out of the snow/wind/rain to change and sleep is nice. Gets cold at night? Reach up and kick the thermostat up a few degrees. I did the winter-tent-camping thing in boy scouts, and that was enough for me.
>>
>>834076
gtfo trump. when you are the figureheadbof a jersey mafia contruction company you can afford top of the line.
>>
>>834088
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>833967
that thing isnt glamping you faggot
its what old people use

besides vehicle based travel is best kind of travel
>he isn't /overlanding/
>he doesnt get to remote spots with his truck
>he doesnt have a basecamp to go back to in the middle of no where with a fully stocked cooler and lots of amenities
>he doesnt realize how fun offroading is
>he is an ultralight faggot
kys
>>
File: IMG_20160717_180856090-L.jpg (102KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_180856090-L.jpg
102KB, 800x451px
>>834100
>dubs
45ft trailer in the shop, in the process of getting screwless siding installed.

Dividing wall between the two side doors with a Snap-On toolbox, shelving/cabinets, and all the AV/DC/AC stuff.
Front third is the cabin - living quarters for 3-4 guys, also useable as an "office" space at events.
Rear two-thirds is shop/garage. Floor's all rhino-lined. Cabinets along the corners. LED lighting getting installed in the corners under the cabinets and along the centerline of the ceiling. Fold-down benches/tables installed on the inside, buttons for them installed on the outside if we want table space out there.
7500W gen up front, with a fuckload of 12V power (3 commercial floor polisher batteries). 100lb propane cylinder for the two 35k-btu furnaces.

Looking forward to wrapping up that project. Been working on it for two summers now.
>>
Much prefer and adventure van so you can get way further out inna woods and stealth camp when in cool cities or towns
>>
File: fotonsb2.jpg (61KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
fotonsb2.jpg
61KB, 800x586px
That's the spirit
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>834913
This pic makes me angry
>>
>>833967
Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: roughinit.jpg (82KB, 1024x441px) Image search: [Google]
roughinit.jpg
82KB, 1024x441px
>>834913

Argh why does everything euro have to be so bland and depressing looking?

I bet that thing only has a single tv and washroom kek.

Can you even into luxury and toys?
>>
>>835274
it only matters how it looks from behind the wheel.

europoors aren't superficial like us
>>
I hate driving so I can only imagine driving a giant RV is even worse
>>
File: euro.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
euro.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
>>835274
>single tv
oh, tv is the first thing you need on vacation, right?

Quality over quantity, here's a good example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBDPRYjGZi4

Guy who sells RVs and camping trailers meets a couple from Switzerland on their tour through Americas. Listen what he has to say about your products.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.