[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Camping Experiences ever thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 16

Went Wild Camping in Scotland (Galloway Forest) as I was wanting to try out my new bag and Axe.

However it turned into a complete disaster, after a 4 1/2 hour drive we finally got there it looked amazing such a beautiful place. Little did I know what was going to unfold.

The weather was relentless with the rain, the land was completely inhospitable as it was thoroughly saturated in what was mostly thick moss.It had become like a marsh to make matters worse the trees were so closely planted together that it was near impossible to work your way into the forestry without what would have been days of clearing.

After about 5 hours looking for somewhere that was at least manageable we reluctantly called it quits ended up sleeping in the van to wake up with a burst Tyre. Was such a disappointing trip felt helpless with the situation ..

So let's discuss /outs/ worst camping experiences
>>
Connecticut in February with an old 3-season bag. Wouldn't do it again.
>>
>>833226
Funny you should mention that, in my picture above I was in Canada about minus 26 degrees or something. My sleeping bags zip broke because it froze shut when I needed a piss haha
>>
My DofE bronze expedition when I was wee young and in cadets.
>Didn't know shit about hiking or camping.
>Only 15 and weak as fuck
>Carried a heavy 3 man tent that my parents used occasionally
>Weather fluctuated from heavy as fuck raining to super sunny, I was ill prepared for both and got soaked and sun burned over the two days.
>Carried heavy cans of food.
>Carried a whole load of other useless shit that I though would be useful.
>My boots weren't broken in and were massive as fuck, I could do dot to do on my fucking blisters I had so many.
I fucked hated myself after, but it was a big lesson and is something I told to other cadets so they could also learn something out of my suffering.
>>
>>833221
My friends and I would go on a three day camping trip every winter once enough snow had piled up in the mountains. Pretty much vehicle camping, but we still had to walk around a little over a mile to get to our favorite spot. Just enough space for two tents, and the trees were dense enough to keep most of the snow off our camp.

Last time we went we were running ahead of a blizzard but went for it anyways. About two feet of snow when we started, plus another foot after it snowed the second night, the snow slowed us down enough from getting out of Dodge and we got caught in the blizzard for another two days before it moved on. Moved our camp deeper into the trees to avoid most of the snow and wind, stuffed four people in a two man tent to stay warmer. We all were at least basically prepared for it, had some of those little stove things that you stick a can on to cook it, good soup and we made some hot cocoa.

Asides from it being cold as a motherfucker and pretty scary to be stuck on the side of a mountain, it was actually pretty relaxing. The snow is pretty great. Most of us found shit to do/moved that following year, and none of us could make it back for the trip. Been almost five years, wanna go back. Miss the snow and mountains.
>>
File: peatygold_3399173b.jpg (163KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
peatygold_3399173b.jpg
163KB, 620x387px
>>
>~25 years ago
>Camping with three friends
>Beautiful remote canyon
>Camp on a little plateau above the whitewater
>Weather changed unsuspected
>Waters swelling
>We start running towards exit
>Get there just in time
>One minute later, path would have been blocked, we drowned.
>Fuck that was close, start joking around again
>Hike along the broad river now
>No danger at all territory, normally
>Friend looks back to look at weather in canyon
>Slips and falls in river
>Gets washed away before we others even notice what happened
>100m down he got to grip a fence post, that was still connected to the fence on the river bank
>There we fished him out
>He is afraid of water now
>We never to that day went to that canyon again
>>
File: 1390970429569.jpg (198KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1390970429569.jpg
198KB, 500x488px
>>833221
Hike to bottom of Grand Canyon. Exhausted, dehydrated. The rim was just above freezing, the bottom was 90F+. Set up camp at Phantom ranch. Ground is too hard to drive tent stakes. Nothing to do other than sweat my balls off. Everything is hot. Sun goes down and as the air in the canyon contracts due to the temp change it whips up a dust storm.
>Ungodly hot
>Constantly blasted with dust and rocks
>No way to secure tent in wind storm
>Lay awake all night on rock hard ground under tent trying to keep tent from blowing away
>6000ft altitude gain back to rim in the morning after puking my breakfast
It was an adventure but that was a bad night
>>
>>833269
Aw man. I hate it when bros have to split up.

Also, that trip sounded miserable yet fun as fuck, man. I'd loved to have been there.
>>
>>833221
>be me
>Boy Scout 2 years before I became eagle
>we have an annual white water rafting trip each year
>everyone loves it because its a dam release weekend so the CFS is higher than usual
>wake up on the day we go rafting
>a little drizzle but its supposed to clear out by the end of the hour
>keep in mind it's early in the morning in July, delaware water gap so even though it will warm up to high 80s low nineties
>we set out
>water is cool but in a refreshing way
>you know how l mentioned the rain was supposed to clear out well
>lolno.jpg
>the temperature drops
>we're on the water for 5 hours
>the water feels warmer than the air
>but wait that's not all
>when we get back to camp the hot water is broken so no hot showers
>a big storm is starting to blow in
>have to pull out a day early because of it
>>
I had a huge crush on this dude I met at a hostel while backpacking Straya. Him and I got pretty close, a lot of our mutual friends considered him to be a gay. Because I don't openly announce my gaiety in hostels and on the road, I had to kinda feel it out for awhile.

Anyway, a couple times after going out with everyone for drinks we hugged goodbye and stuff and it all seemed to be landing right in the pocket for me, finally. Summer was coming and him and I had planned this whole excursion up the east coast with a rented car and camping gear.

One night he texted me and asked me out to dinner and drinks - just the two of us. I knew I was gonna be pounding that boipucci later that night so I felt like a million dollarydoos heading down there. We were only still on our first drink when I noticed he kept seding text messages (not uncommon for someone to be reporting to their friend about how things are going). He said it was this cute french girl he had a crush on and was hoping to bag. You could pinpoint the exact moment my heart ripped in two.

Anyway, she ended up coming on the trip with us.
>>
>>833420
fuck thats rough gaybro, im sorry.
>>
>>833420
You can pound my boipucci
>>
>>833441
thanks bruv, but it's the story of my life

>>833443
o-ok
>>
Went camping innawood with a couple of co-workers. 5 of us. Us in our 20's and "old guy" who was 44.

Old guy died.

Turned in early after an easy all day hike and a nice campfire dinner. No warning or signs. He just said "Well I'm all done and will have an early night." Went to his tent, got into his bag and went to sleep and did not wake up.

Big shock in the morning for all. (Kinda freaked us out for a bit, but then everyone was calm. Kinda surreal really.)

Sheriff's dept called and they hiked in an stretchered the body out.

Poor bastard flamed out from a rupture aortic anuerism. No other illnesses or anything. He just flamed out.
>>
File: marshall mathers.jpg (20KB, 382x400px) Image search: [Google]
marshall mathers.jpg
20KB, 382x400px
>>833221
>marsh to make matters
>>
File: Delicate Arch 002.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Delicate Arch 002.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Buy some Under Armour sox made in China in a Dick's Sporting Goods back in Pittsburgh.
Drive cross-country back to West. Go camping with girlfriend in Utah in August.
Wear sox for first time day hiking in Canyonlands.
That nite, in tent along Colorado River, awaken to scratch my feet. Scratch for a couple of hours til daylight.
Get out of tent and look at feet. Covered in blisters--top, bottom, between toes.
Think about going home to New Mexico, but instead, soak feet in Colorado River for an hour or two.
Feet feeling ok.
Put on a second pair of the same sox for a short half-hour hike in Arches National Park. Feet start to itch again so I definitely know it's the sox.
Lucky that I also brought along other tried-and true sox which I wear for rest of trip.
Remember that this was in August. I was still lancing those blisters daily into early November.
Feet did not get completely back to normal until Christmas.

Lesson #1 learned: Fucking Chinese goods.
Lesson #2 learned: Wash all new clothing before wearing it.
Lesson # 3: I should have taken daily photos, hired a lawyer, and sued Under Armour and Dick's both.
>>
>>833446
Is it shit go being gay and into outdoors stuff?
like hard to find ground where the two intersect?
>>
>>833508
socks cunt, use the word unless this is some new meme im missing? if so sorry you're not a cunt
>>
>>833315
>I don't know how to outdoors: the post

For future reference to anyone inexperienced with hot weather camping.. (You can trust me I'm an expert)
If you can't stake your tent due to ground then you can weigh them down with rocks, etc. or you can be hooahooah and 'pick' holes in the rock to drive your stakes into. Partially burying your tent can be good too if you aren't on rock as it'll help keep cooler

Hydrate like a motherfucker and cover from the sun. ~75% of your pack weight should be water. You should be peeing regularly. Time moves slower when you're dehydrated and it makes everything worse. You can have the shittiest time but if you're pissing clear you're in the clear. If it's brown, shut it down (and drink a shitton of water)

The sand niggers got it right when they wrap their face up. A great purchase for all climates is one of the terrorist scarfs, use it to keep the dirt out of your face and then get some operator oakleys to protect eyes and clint eastwood squint your way to victory. (And don't ever rub your eyes if you get dirt in them, rinse them out with water for all you window lickers out there that like the feeling of scratched eyeballs)

#knowledge is power
>>
>>833292
This but I was alone and I fell into a flowing wash when I was sixteen because I didn't listen to my dad. Went for a overnight trip in the Arizona desert so didn't bring much but a water bottle a small tarp for cover from the sun when I sleep in case I sleep to long into the morning. I set out Friday afternoon after school parked and the end of a dirt road have to hike about two miles to some natural tanks make it there see the tanks see some javalina neat stuff. Well sun sets i set up the tarp fall asleep get woken up by the most blinding lightning strike and thunder clap like for a second i thought someone shot right in front of my face. "Damn i gotta get out of here." Five a.m Saturday. start booking it over those two miles just kind of a light jog. Hear a noise jog a little more fucking wash across the trail is running like the wld Colorado. "Son of a whore." Whatever I can cross that. Now all my life my dad told me never cross a wash even if its only a foot deep. Also told me monsoon season I wouldn't go out till after we get our first rain. Well i stepped in and it just shot my feet into the air I ended up almost half a mile before I grabbed a Palo Verde branch scared out of my mind. climbed out and was stuck on the other side of this wash till late Sunday afternoon Got back to my car as my dad was pulling up to look for me.

Tl;Dr Got cocky tried to cross a flooded wash almost died.
>>
>>833536
Well gg for not dying. Be careful anon. Water is spooky I almost drowned as a child and been kinda scared of swimming ever since
>>
Man there's been some ruthless story's here glad i'm not the only one who's had some west times.
>>
This was several years ago, when I was new-ish to the outdoors and a bit over ambitious.

>go on tramping trip with Uni club in Fiordland
>me, another kiwi leading, two burger chicks and one burger guy
>nice easy start to the day, a walk along the valley floor to find some markers for the trail leading up to a pass
>leader finds some blue markers, we follow them
>follow them some more
>follow them along the side of the valley for about an hour through dense bush, having to crawl over and under vegetation
>double check map and trip instructions
>"orange markers" are what we were supposed to be looking for
>Take 10 to orient ourselves, figure out the direction we're supposed to go
>start heading back down, eventually find correct markers
>a short walk and we're up the lower valley and out of the bush, with ridges in front of us like an upside down U
>I'm starting to get tired because I wasn't expecting the bush bash, but soldier on anyway
>continue walking for another hour or two to get to the bottom of the pass, which is more or less a steep pile of loose rock
>it's later than we expected now, and we have to choose whether or not we can actually make it down the pass in time to set up camp
>on one hand, we could rig up the fly (basically a huge tarp) where we are and do the other side tomorrow
>on the other, it is likely to rain in the evening, which would make the pass a lot more difficult
>we decide to push ahead
>make it to the top, share a single Guinness between us since it's St Patty's Day, then start heading down
>it's nice and clear up top since we're above the bush line, but we soon hit the trees and it's hard going
>I'm also exhausted and although I haven't said much, it's become obvious since I'm starting to stumble
>we make camp several hundred metres higher than where we intended... on the side of a hill
>everyone is hungry, so I get the cooking gear out of my bag since I was carrying it so we can start a meal
cont
>>
>>833644
>while I am doing this, everyone else takes the good sleeping spots instead of helping, and lies down
>leader comes over with food and we start cooking some pasta
>pasta is shit because his stove is shit
>eat it anyway because I'm starving
>we finish the other 5 Guinnesses and I find something halfway resembling a sleeping spot
>get very little sleep as I am lying feet downhill and head uphill, constantly sliding off my mat
>there is some justice, as I discover in the morning that the first girl to get her bag out and grab the best spot (didn't help with cooking or cleaning either) had her head in the path of my constant sliding
>sure enough, it's raining
>start heading down, I'm still tired and my muscles ache since I couldn't even stop using them overnight
>everyone else powers ahead despite there being zero time pressure, I try my best to keep up
>my Marmot jacket (think it was a precip) leaks like a fucking sieve in the heavy rain, I am now soaked, cold, tired, and lagging behind
>lose sight of group around a bend, can't find them
>well fuck you guys too
>eventually leader comes back
>make my way back to the car park area and eat all of my food
>???
>end

I talked to one of the club members afterwards and he was a bit amused at the marker mix up. He said that I should have been fine if we'd gone the right way, but the mix up turned a "moderate+" difficulty overnighter into a "hard+" just out of the kind of terrain and mileage we did on that first day. I wasn't that fit but not terribly out of shape either at the time, just an average skinny guy who walked everywhere.
>>
File: 1457532303024.gif (623KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
1457532303024.gif
623KB, 255x184px
>>833495
that sucks
not necessarily a bad way to go though

>out with friends
>loving nature
>tomorrow will be great
>ded
>>
>>833546
Oh I know how spooky water is now and the sad part is. I want to go out there but its monsoon season.
>>
>>833508
Go buy another pair, hike in them and take daily photos and sue
>>
>>833524
honestly it's shit being gay mixed with everything. i don't want to live in the gay neighborhood and go to gay restaurants and drink at gay bars and do gay stuff at my gay job surrounded by gay people.

everything i do isn't 100% there. jobs, activities, family, friends. eh. plus trying to find a bf who fits into all that sucks vadge as well.
>>
>>833533
I can outdoors. I did Rainer 2 weeks previous to this trip. We each had 6 liters water between CamelBaks and Nalgene bottles and drank regularly. We even put rocks inside the tent but it wasn't very effective based on the intensity of the wind and it would be difficult to partially bury a tent on a solid rock surface.
Thanks for being a dick, though. If your skills extend beyond the non-obvious, Mr. Expert, I'm all ears.
>>
>>833720
I honestly don't think you could sue for buying a shitty product and then taking it to an extreme environment.
They don't advertise socks as "YOU CAN HIKE WITH THESE SHITS ON FOR MILES WITH NO BLISTERS." Blisters are normal if you're hiking more than 10 miles and aren't used to it, Git gud
>the pretentious expensive bamboo fiber hiking socks I use
http://www.ecosox.com/
>>
File: CHONKLAS.jpg (289KB, 1585x1057px) Image search: [Google]
CHONKLAS.jpg
289KB, 1585x1057px
>>833986
Note that even these expensive ass socks get holes in them if you do multiple days with excess miles. Inside the shoes is innately a very high friction environment and the best material would probably be synthetic polymers designed for it. Change your socks everyday if you can. Kirkland makes some good hiking socks as well that are more affordable I've taken both of these brands over at least 50 miles of hiking 17 in one day with the ecosox.
Sorry for the gearthread tone but socks and shoes have a lot to do with how pleasurable negotiating difficult/extensive terrain is.
>don't wear jesus sandals when near rock climbing conditions
>>
File: _MG_6821.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_6821.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>833990
To actually contribute to the thread
>head out to joshua tree on a whim with /out/ buddy
>unprepared but fuck it right
>massive tent one sleeping bag some wood
>headed out there for astrophotography
>had fun didn't take any exceptional photos pic related
>im not good at it in the first place nearly blind 50mm lens etc.
>forgot pillows and only brought 2lbs of trail mix and weed
>smoke weed and dabs and stargaze munching on 1lb of trailmix each
>sleep on sleeping bag was a warm night with camelpak bladder as pillow
>wake up at 7am to 90 degree heat and pack out and head home
Not that bad of an experience in retrospect. I hiked 10 miles once without much food and ended up eating an entire thing of edible gummies and it was a pretty surreal 5 mile hike down the mountain and at one point I thought I don't want to walk anymore but at least realized I wasn't going to get to my car otherwise. There was a small ass business that served Quiche and I ate the shit out of that when I got off the trail where I had parked.
>>
Here's a smattering:

>Family camping trip as a kid
>Go to favorite spot near Red River
>Spring break is usually warm in Texas
>Unusually strong, unusually late cold front on first night
>Temperature drops into teens
>Coldest weather any of us had ever experienced
(Have since been to Canada and undergone rough reeducation on what is cold)
>Woefully unprepared, struggling to stay warm
>All food frozen solid in morning
>Stove burners encased in ice
>Firewood encased in ice
>Goddamn armadillo encased in ice by the fire ring
>Call it quits, pack up, drive down road to diner for pancakes and sausage
couldhavebeenworse.jpeg

>Road trip, stop in northwest Nebraska due to exhaustion
>Set up in middle of nowhere in some National Grassland
>Gets super windy in night
>Tent stakes uproot, tent starts shaking
>Tent flips over and starts rolling across ground in wind
>Poles break after a few rolls, everything collapses around me
>Lay there debating whether or not to wait out the night in that twisted burrito of a ruined tent
>Immediately starts pouring rain
Morale? Got a much better tent and much better stakes. Also never camped in Nebraska again.

>Camping with friends in a National Forest in California
>Two stoned-out-of-their-minds high school bros rumble up the forest service road in a beat-up minivan
>Decide to stop and camp by our campsite
>They get raging drunk and loud after we go to bed
>They build huge-ass fire that we have to put out when it starts lighting up the surrounding trees and pine needle litter
>We go back to bed after cussing them out
>They eventually pass out
>They leave out half eaten roast chickens and open cans of tuna
>Insane raccoon rave takes place between 2 AM and dawn
California can be a cool place, but half the people there are a fucking nightmare.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>833959
;) just giving you a hard time. Sometimes the miserable trips are the best because we remember them more (assuming everyone goes home ok)
I feel your pain when it comes to the altitude sickness used to die the first day going to Colorado for skiing trips.

To contribute my own story (I expect a critique from you anon) from my younger days

>doing a little hiking/rock climbing with buddies
>realize my smoking is bad for my endurance
>I'm now old man lol time to suck it up
>filled my camelback with malt liquor from gas station cuz fuck you that's why
(We thought it might be fun)
>oshit.jpg we left lunch in car, we're not going back
>we're all dehydrated as fuck
>our team leader was competent enough to expect our incompetence
>tuna for everyone fuckyes
>beer is flat and hot, gets emptied out
>sippin on dat jack daniels
>got a good dip in
>don't have rock climbing shoes (I'm poor and was just invited first time)
>suck at climbing rocks
>fear of heights doesn't help
>fuckin yolo

We got back tired as fuck and ready for some beer that wasn't ruined
It was a fun time would do it again, but this time with water.

Pic related
>>
>>834175
>armadillo encased in ice

Did you guys kill it and put it there or did it wonder there and die frozen? Cuz fuck man that don't seem right.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1774x1774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1774x1774px
>>833221
Alright.

>planning hunting trip with friend
>friend wants to bring roommate
>ok.doc
>day of reckoning comes
>we all meet at my actual friends house, matts, to gear up and depart
>Matt brings over Steven
>Steven is a never before seen depth of outdoors retarded
>trip was botched, so became a camping trip, the words "survival scenario" were tossed around
>we begin a little inventory before we go
>I have standard shit, tent, sack, pad, dried chow, ammo, edgy edges, cord, tarps, fuel Nd ignition source, appropriate clothes, a fucking BACKPACK
>Matt has a knife, food, pistol and ammo, sack, and hatchet
>ok
>Steven announces he's all ready to put bags in the car and go
>Steven has two gym bags filled with ammo and shitty pistols, and two gun cases with shitty .22s, two kukris in sheaths, and two cans of chunky soup
>for a four night trip on the south side of mount hood in late November

Cont , pics unrelated, misc pcnw waterfalls
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>834212
>so I stupidly decide to give him the benefit of the doubt for the sake of making the trip work
>he can have some of my chow, etc
>set off in my car, 2012 GTI, buy sno-Jew permit
>start hiking down snowmobiling trail for a nice flat spot we can hike away from and set up a range to shoot
>Steven whines about hip hurting
>I have a ~90 pound pack with all my back up car shit in it to feed him, I'm a Manlet, 150 on a fat day, 5'9"
>shallnotbitch.jpg
>find a suitable spot around 3:00pm to camp for the night, it's a temporary shelter someone has been building over the years, fuck yeah thank you fate
>immediately set up my own tent, fly and flatten snow around my tent in 30 minutes
>Matt is trying to set up the tarp He brought to form a roof over the temp we found, it was a teepee-type structure
>I failed to mention that Matt was loaned a ultralight 2p tent by our mutual friend now his gf, shit has a mesh ceiling and a fucking cellophane tub basically
>Matt tries to set it up, fails horribly, because it uses the hiking poles it comes with to erect the boners properly, and he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing
>it's 35 deg f, but it's raining and the snow on the trees is melting and dropping like rocks, but still cold enough to freeze somehow when it reaches the ground
>cont
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 1774x1774px
>>834217
>this motherfucker takes out his kukri and starts shaving wood of the temp we found to try to make a fire
>as I'm trying to make one with the tinder and kindling I brought with me
Did I mention there was chopped wood by the temp?
>start using wood to make fire
>fire gets comfy level for a couple people
>suddenly Steven wishes he had a hot meal
>hey anon, I just realized... I forgot my camp stove, Steven says
>Matt says "well I better go with him to get it"
>car is two miles away down a knee high snow covered trail
>these niggas leave at 4:00pm, most daylight they have is 30 mins tops
>Matt almost makes his way to the trail before I remind him how soon sunset is and give him my mag light I brought, he also has a glock 17.
>him and fuckface retard depart for the car to retrieve a camp stove just before dark south of amount hood in late fall.
>cont
>>
>>834219

>Matt and Steven come back
>It's obvious they just went to somewhere private to blow each other
>Ask them why the fuck they didn't invite me
>We all have sex that night to stay warm and Steven gets a hot meal by eating my asshole
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 1774x1774px
>>834219
>I sit alone from 4:00 until probably 6:45, 7:00 drinking sailor jerries and whistling to myself while I try to make a solid rainproof shelter for them out of the fucking perforated tarp that fuckface brought, and my tarp that was still solid.
> At about 7:00pm I hear a cracking noise coming from the trail, immmidppediarely draw my gun, and keep it fixated on the source of the noise.
>thought homeboy and fuckface had become lost, but they finally made their way back
>vuckface brought sausages. Potatoes and depressing a for both, was well as his camp stove
>we all huddle in the temp shelter I covered with tarps as we set everything up to prepare a hot meal
>wait anon
>fuckface seems displeased
"I forgot the propane cans"
>I'm literally mad typing this
>Matt and I look at each other and half-heartedly laugh
>granola bars for dinner it is
>after our hearty meal we decide to hit the hay
>I go to my eureka midori solo that isn't cut out for this level of punishment but gets the job done
>they tried to set up the ultralight tent which has no fly, under the shelter with the tarps on it, in the sleeping bags
>got their sleeping bags totally soaked
>just as I begin falling asleep in my 0 degree sack, I hear a tap on my tent
>immediately draw 1911, it's been a long night, a bear would totally fuck my face right now
>"hey bro can I have your keys, we're gonna sleep in your car"
>for spruces sake
>get out of my comfy hovel, access situation
>their shit is saturated, it's like dude torture tested his glock
>well at this point sleeping in my car might save fuckface and my friends life
Cont
>>
>>834222
>>834222
I wish it was that easy my friend. I do love eating asshole though.
>>
>>834223
why do you draw your gun so much?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>834223
>niggas are literally hypothermic
>realize there's only one option besides legal fun
>give Matt my keys and tell him to be safe,give him mag light once again
>dudes leaves
>dudes leaves pistol in shelter, it's completely saturated, so are mags, not sure if shit would work
>say fuck it, live and let die, eat some mushrooms and read the moon is a harsh mistress as 10lb chunks of ice fall on my tent from the trees getting rained on from the 36 degree rain
>fall asleep around 2
>wake up at 7
>realize immediately that I need to get my shit packed up and get the fuck out of there so I can enjoy the rest of my pto somewhere else
>get all my shirk packed and leave my pack ready to go, and hike down the trail to the whip
>still a foot of snow with little ice water rivers running underneath, can still see tracks on the top layer though
>see peculiar tracks by buddy and fuckfaces tracks
>four-toed with no claw marks on the exterior of the appendages
>kittystalk,MP4
>Goes on for about 500 feet after the initial sighting
>this is what happens when you hike snow trails at night in the late fall without a fucking gun, completely inexperienced, tired, hungry, and basically hypothermic
>make it to car, wake up buddy and fuckfsce, inform both that they were stalked by A cougar on their way the the whip unarmed
>they say nah ur trollin
>show them tracks on the way back to their shit
>we leave, they don't say a word, I bitch about everything the whole way back, explain to fuckfsce that he could've got us all killed
>we never hear from fuckface again after that

Dude was living with Matt and then just moved out and disappeared. Hopfully ashamed. Moral of the story is don't take friends of friends, no matter ho much they back them up.
>>
>>834226
I didn't trust that cocksucker. I knew bringing him along would be trouble, as soon as he said he was brining his shit in gym bags. I thought he was gonna murder us in our sleep, that's how off putting and ridiculous his ignorance of the outdoors was
>>
>>834226

Because he's fucking paranoid. I wouldn't be friends with someone who pulls a gun on every little sound in the woods. Especially if they know people are coming back to camp. I like how he pulls it out cause he thinks it's a bear. You're not gonna do anything to a grizzly with that weapon and you could yell at a black bear to scare it off. Too much /k/ in /out/.
>>
>>834232
We don't have Grizzlies in Oregon shitbird. We have black bears, which +p.45 is more than sufficient for, as well as hunting cats. Which was the entire theme of the story,they were literally stalked by a cat that left distinguishable prints. If looking our for my friends means drawing a gun on what's behind them, I don't care if you only see them in that situation.

Why am I taking your nigger bait
>>
>>834236

Mhmm. Sure, a cougar was about to jump two fully grown males. Do you know the chances of any cougar jumping your party out there? They don't even have numbers in stats that are that low, the only similar number would be your IQ. You're going to shoot someone someday cause you're expecting and assuming impossible things. You're bonkers, guy.
>>
>>834239
They left at night, sans flashlight, with dude hobbling. Explain to me how that isn't prime real estate for a cougar, perhaps one that hasn't been exposed to humans yet, and has a large territory.

You don't need to be a dick, I'm not an ignorant asshole. I appreciate criticism, it will probably help me subsist better.
>>
>>834232
>>834239
>>834239
I don't think a cougar could magically sense that they were unarmed, but I bet it could understand that a crippled animal in the dark was a decent target, had to not been for Matt being there while fuckfsce hobbled his shitpost back to the whip. I'd say that most cats have an understanding of different patterns, I.E. Attack from high ground, attack at night, to have the balls to make the jump on a weak human, even with another being there. They were b oath blind and one was literally hobbling, (fuckfsce)

Again I am open to criticism,I never want a repeat of this to happen again, however I feel like my instincts weren't off drawing my gun. I've never $hot someone, and as soon as I do /out/ will be the first to hear about it
>>
>>834210
My best guess is that it found the fire ring and hunkered down next to it to try to stay warm when the ice storm hit. Strategy did not work so well.
>>
>>833221
>Armyfag
>Fort Polk Louisiana
>Permanent Party
>>
>>833533

lol you sound exactly like the guy who used to take us for our school camps
>>
>>833495

If ya gotta go anon, that's the best way to go I've ever heard.

>fun day hiking with mates
>painless death while sleeping /out/

Only way it could be better is with a wifey beside you
>>
File: 1466976105198.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466976105198.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>833420
>>
>>833221
Basically most of the trips i've had in the in the winter

Its fucking cold but i've always came out fine when i've caught a fish or shoot something decent
>>
DofE silver hike, I'll never forget it

>hike went well, we got back to the camp before we were supposed to be
>sat around just outside the site in case we got shouted at
>another group joins us
>girl I had a massive crush on was in the group
>we sit apart from everyone and spend an hour chatting, laughing and laying around
>hold hands as we walk the final part of the hike
>fast forward to the evening, my friends had convinced me to ask her out
>go to her tent, as nervous as anything
>there's another guy sitting in her porch talking to her, ask if I can speak to her privately for a minute
>"I'm really tired, Anon, can we do this in the morning?"
>agree and go to bed
>wake up to the news that she had fucked that guy during the night and they were now an item

I spent the rest of the expedition feeling completely numb. It was bad enough that my friends made a point of not talking about it for years afterward.
>>
>Appalachian man on business trip to Oregon
>have a whole day to kill before my red eye home
>only have business suits with me
>fuck it decide to hike a bunch of the falls
>do all the horse tail falls first having a blast
>head to one oneonta gorge get mid way through and run into a scare man and women hiker.
>they look at me like wtf in suit and tie tell me they just saw a black bear.
>spot the black bear while asking them about the trail etc
>he slowly coming toward us, pick up a rock and chuck that thing like a baseball right at his face.
>hits bear in the snout and he runs away and fucks off I end up finishing the trail at triple falls and head back.
>finally onto multnomah falls running a large black women while hiking up
>end up talking to her and she works for jet blue at the Portland airport
>go on merry way just because I'm a bit faster then her
>get yelled out for climbing over the safety like wood to take better pictures
>end up going to Chinese gardens in Portland walk in with a crowd
>as I am walking out I realize I didn't pay and basically snuck in gtfo as soon as I can.
>at airport that night run into big black girl from the falls
>she asks me what flight I am on and upgrades me to first class

To this day still feel bad about not paying the Chinese gardens like I stole from them. All in all though Portland wilderness is exactly like upstate New York.
>>
>>837286
i'll jerk your dick off in your sleep
>>
Probably when I decided to go 1 week camping alone for the 1st time.

>heavy backpack about 10 miles off trail somewhere I've never been before
>find a nice secluded clearing and set up camp
>start digging out a fire pit and whistling
>doing my "build a camp" routine
>When it becomes time to chop wood I'm so relaxed I get lazy with my swinging
>feel a sharp pain
>I took a huge fucking gash out of the side of my calve
>a literal fountain of blood shot out like a foot and a half
>panic ensues.

I suck at Green texting so I'll just finish.

I had to do the shittiest sewing job ever with a needle and thread and then wrap that shit in like 10 layers of duct tape. Then after crying like a bitch for a few minutes I had to huff my ass through 10 miles of dense woods. Thankfully I was able to get cell service halfway to my truck so I could arrange for help to wait for me there. Got some sweet drugs and a big fine for being an idiot.

Had to leave my tent and sleeping bag+pad to save weight. Next week that area got fucked by a big forest fire :(
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.