[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knot Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Celtic Heart Knot.jpg (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Celtic Heart Knot.jpg
45KB, 320x240px
For fishing, boats or just tying shit up. Knots.
>>
first for noose
>>
>>832981
Palomar knot. Easy to tie and indispensable for fishing.
>>
>>832981
Animatedknots.com
>>
>>832981
im sure ill get shit for this but a four in hand knot is pretty fucking practical outside of ties.
>>
>>832981
imo the most important knots are bowline, square, and half hitch and a taught line hitch. with these 3 knots you can most common /out/ tasks.

sheet bend comes next but you really shouldn't be tying different ropes together all that much for normal stuff.

I was a deckhand for many years. imo the most important knot to be able to tie is bowline. once you master the knots I told you about, look up ehat half hitches and full hitches are. because when we worked with the big ships thats all we used, plus a bunch of wraps. then you will realize that most knots are just variations of succesive hitches, like the taught line hitch.
>>
File: DSC_0063.jpg (672KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0063.jpg
672KB, 3872x2592px
>>832981
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>833215
Need to see the other side to evaluate.
>>
>>833295
Censored for the hot pocket munching mods.
>>
File: DSC_0067 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0067 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 2592x3872px
>>833305
It would help if I included the picture.
>>
>>833145
This; I use this knot religiously.
>>
>>833308
Yes, you definitely seem to be doing it right.
>>
>>833319
Thats good, its a good way to store 20 or more feet of rope.

I highly recommend it.
>>
>>833308
How long a rope do you need to tie something like that?
>>
>>833332
That purple rope in those two pictures is only 20ft in length.

For something like breast binding like the two pictures 20-30 ft is fine. If you want to do a full torso harness with some leg and arm stuff 100ft will do fine.

For full suspension and full body harness 200ft is what I use usually.
>>
Palomar knot for 90% of my fishing needs, and a taut line hitch for 90% of my other needs.
>>
>>832981
absolute must know knots that can cover a lot of bases. though there may be some knots better suited to specific tasks, these can do a good job for most things. you'll be able to get a job done.
>bowline (also good for attaching 2 ropes together. goes by a different name but is basically the same knot, just 2 rops instead of one making a loop.)
>square knot
>clove hitch
>truckers hitch
>prusik
>water knot
i usually use what i call a french water knot which is different than the regular water knot. a quick google didnt find anything to show how its done. my father taught it to me when i was a kid. not sure if it goes by another name more commonly. not a big deal regular water knot will work fine.
>>
>>833335
>what I usually use

Storytiem anon

Also. How do I into my gf to kinky bondage?
>>
>>833383
>Storytiem anon
About what?

Most women want to be dominated, so if she isnt already into it start off with things like blindfolds and those god awful fuzzy handcuffs. Move onto things like bed restraints and then start making the restraints out of rope. After that replace your handcuffs with rope and its a fairly short ordeal to get into things like breast/body binding.

I actually didnt start out being interested in rope play at all, I actually find the tying of the stuff tedious but with practice I can do something like >>833308 in a couple of min because its mostly binding large swaths of the body. Stuff like >>833215 these back bits here takes alot longer because you have to do each little coil while keeping the other side taught until you tie them both off. But I guess its fun, my then gf, now wife, really likes it, I mostly like it because I can make forced orgasm harnesses to hold a magic wand. Personally I am more into the more into being the dom in SM type situations, which works well for my wife.
>>
>>833352
do you use palomar knot even when you could use a normal fishing knot?
>>
>>833389
How do I into my bf to kinky bondage ;_;
>>
>>833447
Tell him to stop being gay or if you are gay I have no idea.
>>
>>
>>833377
Attaching two rope together - use a Zeppelin bend. Amazing knot and you only have to remember '69' to start it.
>>
>>833447
b-b-by m-making me your bf...?
>>
File: knot.jpg (170KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
knot.jpg
170KB, 1200x675px
what knot is this?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 464x470px
>>833433
>normal fishing knot
What is a "normal" knot?
>>
I find myself using the taught-line very frequently. Also the Bowline is great.
>>
>>835797
double overhand stop knot
>>
>>837526
thanks
>>
>>833145
What are the basic uses/features of the knot besides looking pretty?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.