[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It finally happened, I encountered a boar this weekend. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1467501741870.png (502KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1467501741870.png
502KB, 720x715px
It finally happened, I encountered a boar this weekend. It was male and I was lucky it got scared by me so it ran away. Nonetheless I shat myself because it got pretty close without me noticing.

So in my country it is illegal to carry loaded guns without being a licensed hunter. Even if you are, you have to carry the rifle and the ammunition separately and you are only allowed to load your weapon when you are on a deer seat.
There is a pretty cheap way to carry a loaded "bobby pistol" (don't know the English word, translater gave me this) with pepper ammunition. So my question is: Do you guys think a peppershot can defense myself against a raging boar? I know those fuckers are tough as hell but maybe pepper will fuck them off because of highly developed smelling apparatus or something

I'm asking /out/ because I believe you guys are more familiar with animals than /k/ and I'm open minded for alternate self defense options if you know some.
>>
>>832296
>bobby pistol
You mean a blank firing pistol? You'd probably be better off with mace or bear spray.
>>
>>832296
Make your hiking stick into a boar spear. Seriously.
>>
>>832296
If you are going to use capsicum spray, buy the big cans for dealing with bears and skip the silly pistol or whatever.
>>
>>832372
Okay thanks. Bobby pistol sounds british like rooty tooty point and shooty

>>832379
Sounds silly but blades which are sharpened on both sides or longer than 12cm are forbidden and blank fire pistols are allowed if you get registered first

>>832381
There is a volume limit you're allowed to carry and I rather trust 12 rounds of pepper ammo than a few millilitres

>Tl;Dr German weapon law is crazy
>>
>>832410
>Germany

There's your problem.

I live in wild boar country and I don't head /out/ without my trusty AR
>>
>>832296
>Do you guys think a peppershot can defense myself against a raging boar?

my guess would be no, at least not immediately
>>
>>832296
Boar attacks are really rare
Stop being such a pussy
>>
bear spray. basically get the strongest pepper spray you can. it's way more effective than a gun, anyways.
some study in alaska(don't have link) found that people armed with guns were killed by bears at the same rate as unarmed people, while people with bear spray survived the encounter almost 100% of the time
>>
just do as the russians do and throw a fucking sink at it

someone post the webm
>>
>>833436
probably because most of those people were either inexperienced or inadequately armed. bear spray is a lot easier to use than a gun; just point and squirt. with a gun you need to hit centre mass with a high powered rifle round like a 220 grain 3006 at the minimum to stop a charging bear dead in its tracks. or, you can mow it down with 4 or 5 magnum 12 gauge slugs.

these people thinking that muh 44 magnum or muh 10mm will actually stop a charging bear are deluding themselves. you would need to empty the entire magazine into the vitals to even have a chance.
>>
File: mastiff.jpg (165KB, 1463x923px) Image search: [Google]
mastiff.jpg
165KB, 1463x923px
Just get yourself three tibetan mastiffs anon
>pic related
>>
File: tear gas gun.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tear gas gun.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>832296
> There is a pretty cheap way to carry a loaded "bobby pistol" (don't know the English word, translater gave me this) with pepper ammunition.

I’m thinking you mean a tear gas gun? A small starter pistol or revolver that uses .22 blanks filled with CS tear gas, that I know used to be widely available in Europe but you’d have to ask /k/ about that.

And no, it won’t stop an angry boar…
>>
>>832296
Is that Todd Howard?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.