[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping Bag General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Mountain Light 20.jpg (98KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Light 20.jpg
98KB, 1200x1200px
Newfag edition: What the fuck am I doing?

I need a not shit sleeping bag in the 20 degree range, mummy and light(er) prefered. I was looking at the EMS Mountain Light 20. Am I fucking up?
>>
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Best-Backpacking-Sleeping-Bag?full_site=yes
>>
File: 1470625596002.jpg (130KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470625596002.jpg
130KB, 1200x1200px
i just came here to post this
>>
Would the Marmot Electrum 30 be good for three season in northern New England?
>>
>>833094
Yes if its gonna be chilly bring a down jacket or some kind of insulation
>>
>>832170
what i thought i saw...
>>832126
what i actually saw...
>>
File: IMG_20160117_012457.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160117_012457.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
> Nemo Stratoloft x2
> zip together down fuck bags
> deluxe fuck bags
>>
Looking at investing in a decent down sleeping bag and basically my first first priority is that it can pack down TINY, ( I know; don't keep down stuffed too much ). Needless to say I don't need something warm, (that's what liners are for), something suitable for summers in a warm climate or using indoors. Also I don't have a lot of money so I want something cheap. So here's my questions:

What sort of temperature range should I be looking at given that I'll be using it for summers in warm countries and indoors?

I'm a manlet so I assume that sleeping bags for women are shorter than sleeping bags for men, therefore can I assume they use less material and would pack smaller than an equivelantly rated man's sleeping bags? Would it be wise of my to get a woman's sleeping bag instead of a man's one if this is true ( or do they cost more cause they're pink?)

Is it just safe to say that ANY high fill down sleeping bag is going to be pretty similar to the competition so brand/model doesn't really matter?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>833117
For warm countries/indoors I would buy around the 50-60 degree fahrenheit / 10-15 degree celsius range.
>>
>>833128

Right, seems fair. I've got a -3 synthetic cheap snugpak atm, which is great for everything except hiking and backpacking which is what I do the most of. And what's more, I got it with the intention of using it outside in colder conditions, but I've found the most often I use it is for sleeping indoors and sleeping in summer. And for both these things it's just far too warm, I wake up sticky, sweaty, dehydrated, miserable, in an enormous bag which eats up more than half of the space in my pack. So I thought, well if I get a tiny lightweight very packable one that problem will dissapear and if I want to use it to go hiking in different seasons I can buy some liners for that purpose to save me from carrying around a huge bag I don't need.
>>
>>833117
go to aliexpress and search for aegismax
>>
>>833117
women's bags are shaped and filled differently than men's to accomodate their different shape. also women tend to sleep colder than men, so a woman's sleeping bag will actually have more fill (and therefore be heavier and bulkier) to get the same temp rating as a men's bag. but the difference will be pretty small and the flip side is a woman's 30 degree bag will basically be a 20 degree bag for you.

a bigger problem for you will be void space-you have to provide all the heat for all the air inside the bag, so if you have lots of dead space by your feet you will have a difficult time warming it. shop around for a short bag (i know they make long, not sure about short) or shove all your clothes down by your feet when you sleep (keeps you warmer at night with added bonus of getting to put on warm clothes in the morning).
>>
>>833709
Why do they market the aegismax as a mummy bag when it doesn't have a hood
>>
what's a good 0F bag for someone over 6 foot? there's such a wide range of prices i can't tell if I'm buying crap quality or getting jewed
>>
>>833141

A 1-2 season bag with a liner is not going to cut it for winter use.

Down is over rated and the weight advantage is wasted when considering 1-2 season bags as there is so little insulation in them to begin with.

If you're doing multiple day trips and expect humidity, moisture, rain, inclement weather, basically anything in the 0-15c range you'd be better off with a synthetic bag.

If you've never wetted out a down bag and had to deal with the consequences you might not appreciate my sage advice.

I now use a -20c synthetic bag for October to April, and a -7c down bag May to September. I'm a cold sleeper and the extra weight is worth it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.