[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Centralia PA camping spots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: centralia mine fire.jpg (301KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
centralia mine fire.jpg
301KB, 1143x857px
Hey /out/. /lit/izen reporting in, first time on your board. A friend and I are going to drive over to Centralia PA tomrrow, get high as fuck, eat shrooms and camp there the night. The initial idea was to camp in Centralia, but I'm a little worried that we won't find a safe/legal place to park the car. Wouldn't want my friend to get tickets and/or towed for some stupid bullshit. So I figured we might rent a camp site in a state park 30 min east of Centralia (for when we get tired of exploring the town), leave our car there, hike out into the park and set up camp somewhere. Of course we'd rather just camp for free and do it in the town itself, but I'm not sure that's a legal/safe option.
So what I'm asking is, does anyone know any safe/legal parking spots/camping spots in Centralia? Have any of you camped there? Will we get bothered by police or are we cool?
>>
File: url.jpg (15KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
15KB, 194x259px
>>829578
bump
>>
File: cent-today.jpg (32KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
cent-today.jpg
32KB, 400x278px
>>829578
rebumpan
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 6042x2567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 6042x2567px
>>829578
Don't fall in the lava pits...
>>
>>829653
heated pools
>>
>>829578
I've don a lot of car camping around Confluence, PA. Army Corp of Engineer lands controlled by NPS. Last I went they were only open on weekends because of budget cuts - fucking GOP.
>>
>>829578
I'm not really from the US so can't really say but it looks like you would have no problem camping in there if you don't get in private property, it looks like it's not explicitly forbidden they just tell you to watch out because it's dangerous

http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/Visiting-Centralia.htm#Is_Visiting_Centralia_Legal

>Is visiting Centralia legal?
>So entering Centralia is legal and it is not closed off to the public. However most of the properties that had been acquired by the Commonwealth of PA are owned by the state. Several of the properties that still are home to residents, though owned by the State as well, are personal property. Whether you are trespassing depends on where you travel within the borough of Centralia. Most of the area is not posted with "No Trespassing" signs although a few have been seen in specific areas. There are signs expressing Warnings and Dangers to alert the public of the dangers that can be hidden there. Yet people visit everyday to look at what is left of the town and see first hand the smoke and steam rising out of the ground. We have never been aware of anyone being given a hard time about visiting to look around so long as they are respectful of the residents who still live there and are respectful of the personal property and area in general. Recently there has been an increase in vandalism, which may have changed the attitudes of local people and possibly law enforcement. As a result if you visit please don't feel the need to apply graffiti, smash bottles or litter. Respect the residents and their property. There is a lot of interest in Centralia and many people visit not only to satisfy curiosity but to pay respect to the town as it was.

Basically it looks like if Pennsylvania law allows you to camp, then you can camp in there. Still I would advise you to ask the Pennsylvania police department just in case.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/contact/Pages/default.aspx
>>
>>830175
>Pennsylvania police department
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.