[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best single person backpacking tent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: 418KJ3XK66L.jpg (17KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
418KJ3XK66L.jpg
17KB, 500x357px
What's the best single person backpacking tent?
>>
>>829165
Not that one. Thats not even the best single person backpacking tent made by Eureka.
>its the spitfire.
>>
>>829165

nemo gogo
>>
>>829181
>nemo gogo
there gogoes $1000
>>
Best cheap 1p tent:
3F UL GEAR "650g Oudoor Ultralight Camping Tent" off Aliexpress
>>
Tiptop Tent 5000
>>
>>829165
I've used that tent for the last 5 years. It's a great tent for the little bit of money you pay. I switch from that to hammocks, to bivy and tarps depending on what I'm doing and how much I'm packing.
>>
>>829204
I heard hammocks are uncomfortable and hard to set up, is that bs? If so what kind of hammock do I bring?
>>
>>829255

hammocks are way more comfortable / easy than tents. The only downside to using a hammock is that you will not be able to camp anywhere, you must be near at least 2 trees but its really a non issue just annoyance.
>>
>>829188

r u dum
>>
>>829263
That's still a pretty expensive tarp anon
>>
>>829255
I use it when I know I'm going to be in thick unlevel land. I have a grand trunk skeet beater ultra light with a bug net. It's comfortable, but can be annoying if you toss and turn a lot. Also time you bring a under blanket and stuff it becomes too much of a hassle for winter. Fall is the solitaire tent, winter is a bivy tarp by a fire in ecw black bag with wool blanket over, summer is hammock. When camping in my jeep I use a cot and tarp for ease because I'm mostly drunk. Lol
>>
Go for a hammock, Anon. They pack into nothing and are ridiculously easy to set up. You can even buy slings that go underneath your hammock to hold your gear and shit. Just buy a cheap tarp to string up over yourself if it might rain.

There are downsides, though. You basically need two trees or similar structures. You can also post up underneath certain things (I set up under a wooden footbridge once). Also, hammocks are really comfortable for some, not so much for others. Try lying in a hammock for awhile before buying one.
>>
File: 1470254977568.jpg (27KB, 665x660px) Image search: [Google]
1470254977568.jpg
27KB, 665x660px
>>829165
Also interested. I'm eyeballing this one right now, because I can use it in all seasons and it doesnt need good ground and can stand without pegs.
>>
>>829445
Its the wechsel pathfinder, (ZG iirc, as I am also thinking about the travel)
>>
File: 1467447062755.jpg (186KB, 787x433px) Image search: [Google]
1467447062755.jpg
186KB, 787x433px
>>829263
>getting a single wall tent
If it doesnt have a full cover rainfly it is shit.
>>
>>829293
>ridiculously easy to set up
Oh? Even when there are no trees around/spaced way too far apart? That must be a neat trick.
>>
>>829597
> There are downsides, though. You basically need two trees or similar structures

Read the post
>>
>>829599
Maybe you could carry a couple of landscaping timbers and a posthole digger, you know just in case. That sounds rediculously easy.
>>
>>829591
>If it doesnt have a full cover rainfly it is shit.
Well thanks for that extensive list of tents that have full rainfly covers m8.
>>
>>829605
>le spoon feed me everything guy
Fuck off desu
>>
Hilleberg Akto, Enan or Soulo if you can afford it.
>>
http://www.eurekatentscanada.com/products/view/628?s=section_4
Great size and quality built. Side entry and vestibule. Attention to details is amazing. Only down side is that the materials are above average but not top of the line. But for the price, nothing beats it.
>>
>>829165
The one large enough for two people fucking.
>>
>>829663
>a thread asking for advice
>not offering any
cancer
a
n
c
e
r

Fuck off back to /b/ m8.
>>
File: ONECOL.jpg (9KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
ONECOL.jpg
9KB, 440x440px
>>829165

Kelty Salida 2 is pretty tits.

It's made for two people but really works for 1 person. Two people can sleep cramped, but for one it's plenty big.

I have the Solitaire as pictured and I will now carry the extra pound for the Salida 2 anyday.
>>
>>829278

i forgot /out/ is full of poorfags

>>829591

its 2016 home slice, tents are disigned to not always need a separate rainfly. gogo is gtg

>>829663

>its shit but im not going to link something better

literally kys
>>
>>829165
> best
Mine.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
what do you think about the vela exped

I bought it from a friend for 140€ and i love it
>>
>>829165
a tarp
>>
>>829597
Eh, even one tree is fine. I've set up in the branches of deciduous trees plenty of times. It's not the hammocks fault you can't spot an adiquite location.
>>
>>829663
And now you've proven you don't know of an "acceptable tent".
>>
>>829987
>>830231
>>830372
If you can use 4chan, you can use Amazon. Fucking lazy cunts.
>>
>>830368
That's the point though. I don't require just the right location for my tent though. Advising people particularly new to camping and searching for advice on first time gear to get a hammock because it's "rediculously easy" is horseshit bud. A tent is going to be the all around better choice for all camping situations.

The hammock meme needs to die.
>>
>>830514
cancer
a
n
c
e
r
>>
>>830551
Hammock camping is a legitimate and unique camping experience that has advantages over tents in some ways. Tents have many advantages themselves against hammocks. You can both tent and hammock camping if you like.

Just because you personally don't like something does not make it a meme.

Tent and hammock camping can coexist together.

Discrediting one or the other shows ignorance and a general lack of intelligence.
>>
>>829263

This things a piece of shit, I brought it to alaska for 8 weeks and the rain fly zipper broke in the first week.
>>
>>829263
>LE 1 PERSON MINIMALIST SHELTER
is this real life ?
>>
This doesn't deserve its own thread, you might be able to help me.

Can I survive on this mat in a below 0°C? With a good sleeping bag that is graded to fit below zero? I haven't gone out in subzero temperature to camp before so I have no clue?

This is an Outwell Dreamcatcher 7.5. 7.5 cms thick, self inflating, not insulated tho.
>>
>>831830
Whats the warmth/isolation rating? Cant look it up, I am on the phone
>>
>>831832
No clue bro, here's the mat on Outwell's page http://www.outwell.com/en/Products/FlocksMats/SelfinflatingMats/DreamcatcherSingle75cm
>>
>>831830
I don't mean -20 or anything like that, I'll be camping in October, November around Central Europe, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and places like that. It shouldn't get extremely cold, but it might drop to -4/-5 easy.

Am I going to die?
>>
Just get super drunk so you don't care about shelter
>>
Nordisk Telemark 2 ULW.
880g
>>
>>829165
For the $80ish you spend on this, it's a pretty decent one-man tent. Mine's held up fine over the past few years.
>>
>>831848
It doesnt say, but 7,5cm thick should be more than enough. I survived those temperatures on a foam roll matt. Are you car/bike camping, because 2,4 kg is fucking heavy
>>
>>831865
No that's gonna be a little tricky, I'm backpacking so I'll have to carry that thingy.
I have a Jansport Carson 80, most of the weight is on my waist and it's a pretty good backpack, fits my torso like a glove.
I won't be the one carrying the tent so that gives me a little extra room, but I'll just be travelling in general so clothes and all that shit, I'll have my whole life in the backpack PLUS camping gear.
>>
File: jeepbranch.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jeepbranch.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
Are there any 1 person tents that arent bright as fuck?
>>
File: Soulo.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Soulo.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>829165
>Poor tier, fair weather:
Simple tarp and bug bivy
>Medium tier, inclement weather:
MLD Duomid with bivy, Hilleberg Akto, Hilleberg Enan, Helsport Fjellheimen
>Richfag tier, inclement weather
Hilleberg Soulo, Hilleberg Unna, Helsport Ringstind Superlight 1-2
>>
>>831830
You'll survive with that in any temperature as long as you have a good sleeping bag and a one litre bottle that can hold boiling water without melting
>>
I have pic related

Its pretty good, dont buy it in murca tho i geuss the poles are fibreglass and break easy, canada ones are aluminum
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 640x1136px
Always gotta share when there is a deal on Dicks. Lots of Coleman but they have a couple good deals on respectable brands.

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4414989&camp=Email:08102016OutdoorMAINLink:Body_Tents&mcid=301316750
>>
>>829172
I got a spitfire, it's the shit. Lightweight and roomy enough.
>>
>>832201
How can you not know how to shop?
>>
>>834135
does it bother you that people come to /out/ to ask legit questions? Should I start a thread about axes and knives? How about a thread about kicking over rocks, will that chill your panties?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.