[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a fishing pole, any decent ones that cost around $30-$40?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (417KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417KB, 1024x1024px
I need a fishing pole, any decent ones that cost around $30-$40?
>>
Most of the ugly stik combos in almost any store are decent for the money and they can be as cheap as around $35 or so for a spinning combo but as with anything in the lowest price ranges I would use it until you can afford something better or just get a few of the cheap ones and swap out so it slows wear and tear on the cheap reels they use for the combos.
>>
>>829105
They will be shit at this price point. Sorry.
Save up and get an ugly stik elite or gx2. Pair that with a pflueger president reel. Will come in around $100 total.
>>
>>829206
>2016
>paying more than $30 for a fishing rod and reel

You've fallen for memes
>>
>>829207
A dodge neon will get you from point A to point B. I would still rather drive a porsche.
>>
>>829105
Just a rod or rod and reel?

Lots of people here are reccommending the Ugly Stik combos which are $40-$50 most places. But the reels they come with are garbage but at least you have a decent rod when the reel shits out in a few months. If you can spend $60-$70 for a rod and reel combo, you will get something that will last longer.
>>
>>829220
Spoiled generation
>>
>>829105
I agree with all other anons go with an ugly stick
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 3684x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 3684x868px
>>829690
>>
>>829692
Berkley is trash you poorfag.
>>
>>829692
>shitty trip
>shitty advice

Yup, business as usual.
>>
>>830639
>>830643
Rod feels better than an Ugly Stik 10 times out of 10 and is the same price
>>
>>829556
No, that's logical, of course any normal person would rather drive a nice fancy car rather than some shitty cheap chink car
>>
>>829105
Search for okuma kits. They are decent and cheap.
>>
Anyone have experience with tenkara fishing? It seems really simple and light and great for taking along on hikes.
>>
>>829105
What are you fishing for, OP? Like other posters have mentioned, Ugly Stik combos will be fine for most North American fish. Another good brand to consider is Shakespeare.
>>
Get a tenkara
>>
>>831849
>another good brand is shakespeare
>>830639
>berkley is trash
SMDH
>>
>>831857
So...what exactly are you saying, anon?
>>
>>831860
Shakespeare makes Ugly Stiks. And Berkley makes like everything from $19 rods to $100 rods to a ton of extremely popular lures and baits. And they are all owned by Pure Fishing anyway which makes half the stuff in the fishing section at your local Walmart.
>>
>>831870
So...your point is that previous anons should have said "buy a Pure Fishing rod"?
>>
>>831875
Point is that anon who said "Berkley is trash" has no clue what he is talking about. And I kek'd at "Get an Ugly Stik or check out Shakespeare instead". It's like saying "Get a Mustang but check out Fords too, they are good".
>>
>>831879
Someone is anal retentive.
>>
>>831879
>And I kek'd at "Get an Ugly Stik or check out Shakespeare instead"
>>831881
I did too, I just didn't post.

Bottom line is if you can get a $70 combo on sale for $40 that is your best bet.
If not pretty much everything else is going to fish and be similar quality and if OP is just trying fishing it will work.
If OP sticks with it he will figure out hat he likes and apply it to purchase #2

Ugly combos are fine, cheap shimano combos are fine. I fish a chitton and still have both that are easily pushing a decade & I use them is salt and fresh.
>>
>>831085
dodge is an american brand
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>831813
I brought one in the Sierra. Really fun and caught plenty of trout. I'm not an experienced fisherman but it seemed like a great way to fish while hiking without fussing with a lot of gear. Whole kit was like 5 oz?
>>
>>833357
neon is a chink car though
>>
>>833357
>Dodge is american
Owned by Fiat
>>
>>833379
lol fucking amerifiats
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.