[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling and going /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (134KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1368x912px
Hey, some of you may remember me as one of the original patch guys.

Just wanted to drop in to say I've been traveling the world these past few months, going /out/ wherever I can.

I wandered around Europe first, then made my way through Russia and am currently in Mongolia. (Pic related) And I'll be going for China the day after tomorrow.

Willing to answer any questions you might have. :)
>>
I've always wanted to go to Mongolia. What are have you been doing there?
>>
>>828851

how much has your trip costed you so far?

where do you stay ?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 1368x912px
>>828858

Mongolia is like an /out/ amusements park. You can do anything here in all sorts of climates. I went for eastern Mongolia because it is less traveled. Climbed some holy mountains, did some horse riding, visited some places that were important to Chinggis Khaan and learned to shoot a bow from a Mongolian master.

Traveling in Mongolia can be expensive though. To get anywhere you need a car, or a motorcycle if you're into that. I also couldn't find any decent maps here, so I was forced to get a guide for some parts. All these things cost a lot of money and locals just assume you're a rich tourist so they're hard to bargain down.
Also, the Mongolians revere nature as a deity, but they leave their trash everywhere. Most families live off the land but they don't practice leave no trace here.

Pic is my guide as were riding up to the top of Burkhan Khaldun, one of the Khentii Mountains in the Khentii Province of northeastern Mongolia. The mountain or its locality is believed to be the location of Genghis Khan's tomb. It is also the birthplace of one of his most successful generals, Subutai. The mountain is part of the 12,000 square kilometres (4,600 sq mi) Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area established in 1992. It had strong religious significance before Genghis Khan made it a powerful landmark, but is considered the most sacred mountain in Mongolia since it was designated as sacred by Genghis Khan. It was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on 4 July 2015 under the title "Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain and its surrounding sacred landscape." Under a Presidential Decree of 1955 the worship of this mountain has been formalised and the mountain declared a national monument. Its ecosystem is complex with unique biodiversity with flora of the Central Asian steppe. It has 50 species of fauna and 253 species of birds.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>828864

Hard to tell. I guess I've spend about 1k per month of travel. I do everything on the cheap, spending most on transportation and legal stuff like visas. But then I sometimes go nuts and spend a shitload on stuff I think is cool, like this traditional Mongolian bow.
I hope to make my money last until Australia, where I will hopefully find work.

As for sleeping, I usually camp out in my tent where I can. Which is pretty much everywhere in Mongolia. And I stay in cheap hostels when I'm in big cities.
>>
>visit /trv/
>see threads like this

damn you guys are really living life
this sounds crazy complex to plan
>>
Keep at it, OP. You're living the life so many of us dream of.
>>
>>828851
Are you traveling alone?
>>
>>828851
Were you in central asia(the stan countries)? i was there 2 weeks ago and met lots of people who were going to mongolia or did already go, so might've met you
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829096

The hardest part of the planning is getting the right documents for every country. Bureaucracy is definitely the worst part of this. But I carry with me a bunch of stuff to be prepared for most situations. It's all about prep time, after that you can just go with the flow.

>>829114

I travel solo yes. Sometimes you'll meet someone and travel a bit together, I've also met people who I met again later. In Mongolia I was kind of forced to travel with this other guy i didn't really see eye to eye with just to split costs.

>>829119
I did not go to the stans, went all the way through Russia. And I have the feeling you would have recognised pic related if you met me.
>>
>>829148
nice patch. where'd ya get it?
>>
>>829159

They are very rare, only 50 were made. I got mine when I saw an other sc/out/ on the kungsleden in Sweden with it. When he saw me eying it he knew exactly who I was and what I came for. He pulled his mora on me and we went into combat that seemed to last forever. My knife was more expensive than his tho, so I won and killed him. It's the only way to get these patches these days.
>>
>>829175
new to /out/ so I can't tell if this is serious or not
>>
>>829180
You've never taken a patch through blood honor anon?
>>
>>829256
I REALLY want that patch
>>
>>829259
lol good luck pal I'm on a flight to mongolia i'm going to buy a bow and a horse and hunt down this /out/ist myself, the patch is mine and no one will get in my way.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160806-174036.png (5MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160806-174036.png
5MB, 1440x2560px
>>829148
>>829175
I have an /out/ patch from the very first batch ever made. Are these rare too?

I banged a cougar with a girl scout daughter. I had to kill the cougar, and steal it from its cubling.
>>
Are you doing a picture dump or not, OP
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.