[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1958x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1958x1152px
Who else is itching for the start of the season? What are you hunting with and what for?

Using a savage MkII for rabbits and squirrels and looking to do some fall turkey hunting with my bow.

I had a successful small game year last year so I'm trying to branch out to other game. This will be my first year attempting a fall turkey hunt. I know it's a lot different (some say harder) than spring turkey hunting. I've read that calls and decoys don't work as well and the name of the game is early season scouting to find where they congregate.Any tips or pointers for fall turkeys?
>>
>>828815
Really? No one else here counting down the days to the open of the season?
>>
If I make a prim tech bow and use it to hunt shit on my property will police give me shit because I don't have my hunters?
>>
I've been pretty busy this summer and didn't think of hunting season. I guess I'm abut a month and a half to waterfowel season here. Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>829713
Well if the police ever catch you yeah, you'd get a ticket. It's still considered poaching. Technically the animals in a state belong to that state so it does not matter where they happen to be at any one moment. The only time you can legally hunt anything without any kind of license is if the animal is attacking you or causing damage to your property. although you'll probably never get caught on your own property, especially if you're using a bow. It's still good to buy a license though. The money goes to conservation of wild habitats and animals.
>>
>>829713
>>830014

forgot to mention I am canadian, does that change muchÉ
>>
>>830026
Not sure. Look up local laws for your area. I'm sure they're fairly similar to the state's
>>
>>830026
Just cause you're a Canuck doesn't make hunting without license... aka poaching... any less shitty of a thing to do. Just get a license, its, what, $50 at the most?
>>
>>830075

>paying goyvin goldberg his sheckles so I can kill animals on my own land

the modern age is cuck'd
>>
>>829710
im working on my license.
i have to complete 3 out of 9 series where i hit all 4 shots (2 still and 2 moving) on a target 80 meters away.
thing is i can complete them without scoring a single point as long as im inside a certain area, but i only hit 3 out of 4 every fucking time.
im not a bad shot either, i usually score 5*'s and 4's (better than most) but still manage to miss the entire hit-area on one of the hits probably due to lack of training (i work alot).
not sure what i do wrong either. i feel like if i just knew what i do wrong on those misses i could be one of the best "snipers" (have no idea what its called) in the area
>>
>>830075
It's 170 maple syrup bucks for the mandatory hunter safety course. Than aboot 50 for the outdoors card. Than about 30 for the small games. Than all your tags if you're into bigger game. My mom thinks I hunt because I can't afford meat.
>>
>>830014
More on this if I could.mi live in Florida and I like to frequent a place that is BLM or a conservation I can't remember but either way is an amazing place to go for nature walks. I used to go here when I was younger but now that I'm older I want to take others but with rifles. If I shot a hog in self defense, would this be fine with the warden? I want to go but when I was 19 I got chased by a boar without protection and that shit sucked.
>>
We dont have seasons in NZ due to massive deer numbers but the Roar just ended. Saw some fairly massive red stags and Wapitis being shipped off to game enclosures from the neighbouring farm for the roar, I heard a few roaring when I was out with the dogs as well. Im counting down for two weeks until I get off Uni and can go pig hunting again
>>
>>830534
In canada if you can make a legitimate case that you were in danger and call CO they would probably not charge you, but they would confiscate the animal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.