[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Environment Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nz23pi0DH31tk91bqo1_1280.jpg (370KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz23pi0DH31tk91bqo1_1280.jpg
370KB, 1280x962px
Many of us have camped out in the wilderness and called it our home for days, weeks and perhaps months. Would you say that this connection has allowed you to be more appreciative of what's around you?

Has your love for the outdoors and nature lead to a better caring of the environment around you? Has it inspired you to reduce your carbon footprint?

I'm simply curious to see what the mindsets and views are of other /out/ folk.
>>
>>828750
Environmental management student here.

IMO the concept of community (with each other and with your environment) is key to people NOT fucking shit up.

Whether it's carbon scrubbing, picking up litter, using reusable shopping bags, buying a modern efficient car, or whatever, the actions require effort on the part of the person - and this is only done if the person thinks it's ''worth it''.

By feeling a link to the place you live (or to each other, or to the world, or whatever) you are more likely to place worth on those actions.

Basically we already have the resources, technology and manpower to 'fix' all our environmental problems. But the priority is on growth economy, generating profit and such like.

The only thing holding us back from changing anything is ourselves, our mentality towards it, the worth we place on it.

Of course its' not quite that simple because any advancements/changes we make must be viable within our society framework (namely, financially viable)

The psychology behind whether someone will recycle or whatever is the most important part.
>>
>>828750
I gained more respect and appreciation for nature, i certainly think twice how to leave it clean etc
>>
>>828750
Yes
>>
>>828750
I felt more responsible and started picking up trash that others had left. I didn't get like a fucking prius tho
>>
Three year no phn, electricity, tv, gas running water, vidya, ect.

DID have wood burner, kero lamp, propane stove, outhouse, binos.

> changed my life veiw forever
>>
>>829352

How would you say it changed your life?
>>
>>829352
I feel like a gas hookup is considerably more eco-friendly than a wood stove. Not sure if that's why you did it though.

Where did you get your water from?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.