[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running Away- Packing HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: runaway.gif (162KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
runaway.gif
162KB, 620x413px
Greetings /out/,

I apologize if this is the wrong board to be posting in. I've never ventured here before but I'm needing advice.

I'm looking to run away from life. To travel roads, cities, woods and small towns. I'm on a shorter budget, but it's not urgent and I could save a bit longer if needed.

I need help determining which materials to bring. I have this list set up:
>sleeping bag
>life water straw and bottle
>coat of some sort
>light waterproof backpack
>2 shirts
>longjohns
>one pair hiking pants (waterproof, every day wear)
>one pair shorts
>3 underwear/2 bras/4 socks
> 1 pair sneakers
>phone/prepaid plan cards /solar panel charge bank and charge brick
>knife
>waterproof lighter
>menstrual cup/dental care/ deodorant

I'm a 5' 5" female so I would prefer a smaller tent or sleeping bag for lighter carry. I'm lost about what more I would need to add/subtract.

Posting amazon screenshots for brainstorming.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-39.png (137KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-39.png
137KB, 540x960px
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-24.png (150KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-24.png
150KB, 540x960px
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-09.png (138KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-01-40-09.png
138KB, 540x960px
>>
For added information, I'll be starting in the northern Midwest US. I can take a bus or train to a certain point. I'd prefer to travel to California if I can get far enough, but I doubt my abilities.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
>>
>>828683
ditch the knife, at a bare minimum get a Mora for ~$15.
>>828684
Any old lighter will work, consider getting a ferrocium rod/firesteel as a backup. Have alternate sources for water as well, you don't want your only source to fail on you,
>>828685
I'm assuming the jacket and pants are a windproof shell. Military surplus will last longer at the same price. Dye it if you're uncomfortable with the connotations. Make sure you have proper clothing to layer it with, Same thing for the backpack.

I don't see a source of food. Grab medical supplies as well.

Traveling on foot with a limited budget is serious shit. If you're doing this for travel, always have backups and someone to call when you're in trouble. Go in a car if possible. If you're doing this for some trivial reason, stay at home.
>>
>>828682

This isn't fucking pinterest and it's not your personal advice board. Fuck off.

Secondly your use of language tells me all I need to know. "Running away" means you're either underage or have some idiotic romantic ideal completely divorced from reality.

There's no such thing as "running away from life". When you leave your home you'll discover that your problems are inside your head and they'll follow you wherever you go. I'd give you a month tops before you run home crying.

Dumb bitch.
>>
>>828682
Can we get pictures of you, preferably without clothes on so we can better help you with the gear? Include a dildo or toy for comparison.

Seriously tho, if you're going to be doing this kind of thing make sure you have the right footwear- something that fits right, you can walk a long ways in, and is relatively durable. If I only had $200 for this, I'd spend over half it on the shoes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39KB, 951x456px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 951x456px
>>828682
>Running Away
>>
>>828682

nvm the trolls op, how are you gonna eat?
>>
File: IMG_20160606_181630.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_181630.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
> packing help

Put your cans on top of your bread and the milk on top of the eggs.

If you were old enough to have had your first job, you'ed know that.

4/10 for actually psoting screenshots for brainstorming. instead of just "bamp".

And watch for oc snelks.
>>
>>828683
Nice bait.
>>
>>828711
Go call the nearest center for psychiatric help.
But other than that.
>> I can take a bus or train to a certain point. I'd prefer to travel to California if I can get far enough, but I doubt my abilities.
So you have little money and no plan. Also you are NOT sure about it.
Do your loved one(s) a favour and call that number. You might think they don't love you, but they care about you, otherwise you didn't had food on your table and an internet connection.

And most importantly, there is a reason why you only see male beggers, because it is hard, especially for female for ... reasons... ... Female beggers run to the nearest government shelter and get help.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 644x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 644x604px
No matter where your adventures take you, or whatever drugs you decide to try- please be sure to clean up after yourself and take all your garbage with you.
>>
>>828682
There is a containment thread for you losers
>>820253
>>
>>828683
>Tac-Force
Kill yourself.
>>
>>>/trv/ could probably be for some help too. Best of luck OP.
>>
>>828682
Are you a grill? You can crash with me if you want
>>
>>828841
this, please
>>
File: 1405541971588.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1405541971588.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Don't get a lifestraw. They work, but sawyer filters are better. Also, get a fixed blade knife.
>>
>>829064
oo pretty
>>
>>828686
Starting mn or wi? Can give tips I did this and eventually just started riding the freight rails for a few years, that's behind me now and I'm glad I'm male however. You being female I'd try to have a traveling partner if you decide to hop the lines
>>
>>828761
+1

>>828786
Kingsnek? I had one that looked just like that try and eat me once.
>>
>>829064

where is pic related I must go there
>>
>>828682
>I'm a 5' 5" female
ayy lmao you gonna get raped
>>
>>829282
Not this anon, but seriosly. You a goodie goodie Midwest nowhereseville farmer girl. In California: by yourself, desperate, and people think you ran away??? You gonna get kidnapped as a sex slave. I'm not kidding. California has a high amount of sex and human trafficking I know a few kids who got taken from home and never seen them again. They have warnings on buses about this shit. Please don't do this. I know you wanna travel, so travel, if you wanna take a break from work or hate your job, change it. Don't go "on the lamb"
>>
>I'm a 5' 5" female

Make sure your family has a nice picture of you to put on milk cartons
>>
>>829368
learn how to speak english you raging homo
>you a
degenerate detected. let me help you
You ARE a
You're is a contraction of You ARE

retard
>>
>>829378
you ARE an autist
>>
>>829378
>goes off on grammar lesson
Doesn't comment on "lamb"

You ARE not too fucking bright yourself there now, are you?
>>
>>828682
>Female who's done this
>Hitchhiked to San Diego alone

NO. Don't fucking do it. Do not do it. You will not live to tell the tale and if you do, you'll probably have been raped. I got three shivs from three strangers on my way out to Cali and all of them were horrified when I told them what I was doing. Don't do it. Your life is more important.
>>
File: POOOOOOH.jpg (8KB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
POOOOOOH.jpg
8KB, 250x172px
>>829661
>can we have a little story time? I met a few solo female hikers who were also thru hiking the AT, and they always seemed paranoid as fuck. I can't imagine being one of them but in a much less predictable/more crime filled/ wild west environment. I'm interested to hear your story. Not trolling, but bonus points for discussing Cheryl Strayed and her shitty book.
>>
>>829764
fuck sorry didn't mean to greentext the whole thing.
>>
>>828682
>lifestraw
>>
>>828682
This is an extremely insecure world, and if you are a female it's 500% worse.You are gonna get mugged/raped or worse, killed. Unless you know how yo use your female power to seduce men with power, you have no chance at life. We play with the toys the Gods give us, use yours. If you want to live off the grid and discover interesting places I suggest you find a partner, preferably Male with good physique and experience/abilities.
>>
>>828682

>female

get a gun
pretty much essential if you're dead set on hoboing
>>
>>829388
Kek
>>
>>829260
Shirakawa-go, Japan. It's a Unesco World Heritage site, so actually kinda touristy
>>
>>829368
shit happens everywhere. Especially the Midwest. Mn has the highest rates and sex dungeon busts.

Buy a gun op. That should be #1
>>
>>828682
- dont forget a can of mace or equivalent.

You ever take any self defense classes?

You better before you go out on your own!

There is a reason serial killers pick homeless woman.
>>
>>828711
Jesus bud, you okay?

>>828706
Pretty great response here, OP
>>
>>828682
You need a gun, lady.
I recommend a Hi point 9mm
>>
Why are all the mangina's telling her to get a gun?

MGTOW voted and they want her to get hacked into pieces and fed to puppies
>>
>>828711
You're only replying that way because she's a girl, shut up
>>
>>828684
Get all your other gear before the backpack. You might find you'll need a bigger one
>>
>>833163
If you need a cheap gun. This
>>
>>833163
niggus as fuck
>>
>>833205

>teenage girl detected
>>
>>828706
>Traveling on foot with a limited budget is serious shit.
What do you mean? You can always beg for money/food
>>
Post proof that you are a girl.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.