[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy question. In my bushwalking endeavours here in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Easy question.

In my bushwalking endeavours here in Australia I'm trying to visit every trig point/station in my state. I've visited most of them now, but one is difficult to access due to it being on private property (farmland) and the owners have explicitly denied me permission to go up there before.

So how do I do this in the easiest and lowest-risk way possible?
There are the usual single strand barbed wire animal fences in the way, and I presume they are usually home.
Seems simple, but I thought it would be worth asking for any tips or potential pitfalls as I'm sure some of you have also dealt with fences when walking and exploring.
>>
tip: Don't go there
pitfall: the law, the police, the property owner
>>
>>828530
>trying to visit every trig point/station in my state
so this is sort of like geocaching?
>some of you have also dealt with fences when walking and exploring.
Leave the gates as you found them is the rule
>>
>>828530

What do you do when you get there, jack off on them? What's the fucking point?

>explicitly denied permission
What did they say exactly? How much of a jerk were you to be denied permission to walk around and look at shit?
>>
>>828626
Yeah I know about the law and police, but I don't think some minor trespassing (with no property damage) would be the end of the world, plus I'm kinda banking on not being caught.
The owners are like 75+, I was literally thinking of waiting for them to flake actually before attempting

>>828651
Yep, pretty mich like geocahing except its just me and I don't log on a website or anything. It's good fun.

>>828712
I do it because I'm trying to get fit and setting a goal (like a physical trig point, of which there are also a set amount) is helping with that. Gives me motivation.

I asked them about six months ago and they said that "there were baby lambs up in that field that they didn't want disturbed". I was very polite and shit, they were suspicious but I think that was just their normal manner and not anything I did.
>>
>>828748
>six months ago
>baby lambs

Why don't you try asking again?
>>
>>828749
These people were already known in my local bushwalking community for not giving permission to go up there.
While I can believe the baby lamb story (it was the right time of year more or less), I really do get the feeling they just don't want me to go in there.

At the time I made up some BS story about a cartography assignment, which was actually pretty convincing and I'm sure they believed it, but they didn't really care either.
>>
>>828753
Offer them a carton of piss, usually works when trying to recover deer I've shot
>>
>>828758
Hahaha, somehow I doubt it would agree with the pills they're likely on given their age.

My current actual plan is to go there at like 5:00am. They're not dairy farmers, and they're also fossils, so I doubt they'd be up then.
I'll leave at 5:30 with the sun.

As for the fences I was just gonna throw a rug or piece of carpet over them and I'll also park somewhere fairly out of sight.
>>
I might put something over my face too, and thankfully in Australia our laws don't let them even think of shooting me.
>>
>>828759

Dude- old people get up super early, it's their thing. They eat dinner while watching wheel of fortune / the price is right and then are asleep by 8.
>>
>>828803
Maybe. I doubt they'd be out in the paddocks then though. If they're just in their house it'll be fine as I'm going up the side away from it and they would only be able to see me while I'm at the top.
>>
>>828530
Accept that you'll not be able to catch this pokemon.

>>828803
>old people get up super early, it's their thing
THIS x1000
They also know what's going on on their property and pretty much everyone else's.
>>
>>828818

Why so fucking desperate? What are you gonna do when you get there anyway? Why do you HAVE to be on someone else's property? Just accept the outcome, it's not like you pussed out they just don't want you there.
>>
File: lo_hicimos.jpg (289KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lo_hicimos.jpg
289KB, 960x1280px
I had the same problem as yours anon. After years of unsuccessful attempts I found the only solution was to marry into the family and breed with their unattractive grandaughter.

Also, use gates.
>>
Buy them 2 packets of panadol osteo (7.99 for 96) and a bottle of brandy
>>
>>829518
>The most committed geocacher of all time
>>
>>829543
Kek, might try this tho
>>
>>828759
>As for the fences I was just gonna throw a rug or piece of carpet over them

Kek. You're walking across farmland not breaking out of prison.
>>
>>829808
Getting stuck with barbed wire still hurts anon
>>
Right I've been up there now.
Went at 5:30 as planned, didn't damage anything, didn't see anyone, didn't get shot at.

Over and out.
>>
>>828760
I'd just aim my .308 right next to you and crack a few shots or slash your tyres if the vehicle is on my land. You don't live around central nsw by any chance?
>>
>>830856
I'm sure you would.
Why is why I went there at 5:30AM and approached from where no building would have a view of me, with my vehicle parked well away from the property in an unrelated carpark.

ACT actually.
>>
>>830884
did you use your carpet?
>>
>>830890
Used a car mat
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.