[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-lethal bow hunting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (79KB, 470x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 470x312px
If one was to use a low draw weight recurve bow and light arrows with the heads replaced with foam balls, and then only stalked larger prey (boar, deer) can anyone see any ethical/legal problems with this? I want to participate in the fun of hunting but I don't wish to take something's life for a bit of fun (not judging if you do, far better than supermarket stuff). I live in nz if anyone knows the specific laws regarding this. Also I would carry a knife firstly because standard /out/ gear but secondly incase I had to defend myself, ideally I'd just climb a tree though.
>>
File: 1466568410835.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1466568410835.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>don't know if this is bait
Why not just get a few buddies and shoot each other with foam arrows. If bows are too expensive use nerf. Afterwards you all can have a big gay autist orgy.
>>
File: OPsperfectsport.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OPsperfectsport.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
good news man, someone's got you covered
>>
>>828413
>>828418
So do you guys have a reason it's necessary to kill something? What's wrong with 'catch and release' hunting?
>>
>>828422
Because man has dominion over animals and plants.
>>
>>828422
i would like to know the reason why your mother didn't abort you.
>>
File: outistsmistake.jpg (42KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
outistsmistake.jpg
42KB, 600x360px
>>828408
>OP in the next week
>>
>>828432
>>828434
The "I do terribly with women and as such feel it necessary to kill animals with no defence against me from a safe distance" club.
>>
>>828439
might want to tone down the projecting a bit, little timmy.
>>
>>828441
But I just got it installed...
>>
>>828408

If you can legally hunt it, you can legally fake-hunt it.

You can use a standard hunting bow; it's more to do with the arrow head than the poundage

It wouldn't be hard to rig up a non-lethal head. A mini-tennis ball on a bullet point would work fine.
>>
>>828408
>fake hunting
Its called photography.

You REALLY don't want to shoot a boar with a fake arrow, you're just going to piss it off then it will charge and gore you.
>>
>>828408
>>828422
It's illegal to harass or interfere with animals unless you are hu to g to kill and with a tag pretty much anywhere in the world.
>>
>>828408
Depending on your hunting/wildlife laws, you may get in trouble for harassing wildlife, especially during certain times of the year (winter/spring). It's likely your country doesn't care what you do to a wild boar unless your animal welfare laws are super strict.

Also, you'll probably get murdered by real hunters if you're out in the woods scaring off game during hunting season.
>>
>>828408

why would you larp hunting when you can easily do the real thing?
>>
>>828522
I don't have the need/facilities to process large game, however I enjoy hiking/camping and like the idea of hunting so I figure this is a way to do so without needlessly killing things while
I'm /out/. No problem with people hunting for food (trophies I don't get), just not for me.
>>
>>828475
This. Photography is even more challenging, since not only do you have to get close to the animal, but you have to compose a good picture and get a clear shot.
>>
>>828408
>only stalked larger prey

do it and report back
>>
>>828408
Kek
>>
>>828408
Life feeds on life, anon.
>>
File: photohunting.jpg (56KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
photohunting.jpg
56KB, 900x506px
Why not just photohunting?
>>
>>828595
Cameras a bit of a liability for me when I go out, although I can see the merit of stalking the animal without then doing anything more to affect it.
>>
Hey guys, what do you think about shooting animals with a paintball gun?
>>
>>828475

>piss it off

Nah, it'll run if you do such.
>>
>>828623
I know this is satire of my question, but I imagine pigs, like people, would rather be shot with a paintball gun than a real one
>>
be a man and catch the snimal with your hands. then release.
>>
>>828422
Holy shit op, you're autistic. Just don't try and "hunt" anything that can actually hurt you.
>>
>>828439
Let's not be childish now...I'm sure the ladies are just as smitten with op's nerf hunting as they are with this anon's ability to participate in a ritual that is as ancient as humankind: tracking, stalking, and killing a wild animal for sport or food.
>>
>>828623
We shoot deer with paintball guns here when they get near the road. Teaches them to stay away from the road. Less dead deer and drivers.
>>
>>828438
>not having a tactical sink with you
>>
>>828408
the obvious problem with this is you can't replicate they dynamics of the real hunt or make sure you had the right shot placement.
>>
>>828624
Dude I hunt. Boar scare the shit out of me. Sure most the time it'll run, but that 5% chance it doesnt... you have a nerf bow it has tusks thatll cut you open as clean as a knife. They rarely are on their own as well. Wanna fight off a group of angry boar with nonlethals? Best bet is photography dude. With a side arm for protection.
>>
>>828408
You would also be hated by hunters. If you want the thrill of getting close witj acatch and release experience just try catching stuff by hand. Opossums and armadillos aren't too terribly difficult to catch by hand. If you really have some itch to do this "hunting simulation" and you are young enough maybe contact local wildlife offices to learn about animal control or relocation. Tranquilizing or trapping to relocate might be something you could get involved in.
>>
>>828881
>armadillos
You might catch leprosy and related nerve damage too, if you're lucky!
>>
>>828844
Kek remembers
>>
This is the most retarded thread I've ever read
>>
>>828879
I just carry a ceramic sink 100% certified against boar
>>
>>828422
honestly i think its actually kinda a good idea
>>
This thread is hilarious. I usually get bothered that people this dumb actually pass adulthood, spreading their inferior genes throughout future generations. The OP on the other hand is just too funny! Thanks for the laughs.
>>
>>828905
lol, indeed
>>
>>828413
you're implying after-/out/ gay orgies are a bad thing.
If you've never pitched a tent with a bunch of good buddies, you've been missing out.
>>
>>828422
There's no such thing as catch and release hunting. The point of hunting is to acquire food in a way that honors tradition. Hunting is how our ancestors got our food. Hunting is still how we get our food. We just got super good at it and breed the animals we hunt.

What you're describing is called 'tag'.
>>
>>829160
>afraid of critters
>can't have harmless fun
>must shoot everything that moves and it's shadow with a hand-cannon
murricans
>>
>>828438
a small boar like that...
just catch it's ear and wrestle it to the ground it's food.
>>
>>828594
This is necessary.
>>
>>828594
more like life feeds on stardust
>>
>>830424
You've never heard the cries of the carrots, have you?
>>
>>830421
No it's contingent
>>
>>830385
>implying I'm american
>implying I'm afraid of critters
>implying I have to shoot everything that moves and its shadow with a "hand-cannon"
>implying I'M AMERICAN

What am I even reading right now?
>>
Why not hunt in a group? Share the spoils with everyone else.
>>
>>828408
Leave them alone or eat them, harassing animals for fun is more fucked up than trophy hunting
>>
>>828526
lmao, this is so autistic
>>
Just kill the bloody pigs and do the environment a favour. In NZ hunting isnt just for fun, its also necessary conservation. If you dont think so, look up the deer culling industry
>>
>>828776
Ill have you know thw ladies love my pig dogs

>>828461
In NZ you get a hunting permit from DOC and a permit to go into the bush regardless of whether or not you are killing. Its still illegal to carry a bow without the permits if it has a foam tip on the arrows
>>
File: 1456680115154.jpg (155KB, 1600x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1456680115154.jpg
155KB, 1600x1213px
>>828881
>Opossums ... aren't too terribly difficult to catch by hand.

Are you smoking crack?
>>
>>828408
>Hit boar with foam ball
>It gets pissed and kills you

>>828422
Those people didn't say you had to kill anything, they said you shouldn't go around fucking with animals for no reason. Imagine you're in a restaurant and some dude runs in and throws a tennis ball at your head, that's basically what you're doing. If you want to get all feely then don't halfass it.
>>
>>831083
have a dog with you
boars will play tag with the dog as you walk away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W68nogo8vk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qvDv8G2Qg
>>
>>831613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfkmrHyxiI
only shoot board the size you can handle i guess
around your body-weight or a bit more.
>>
>>830389
You've never hunted boar have you?
They are rarely alone. And it'll cut you deep before you get a grab on it. Not to mention if you did manage to wrestle it to the ground your gunna need both hands to keep it steady while someone else slits it's throat
>>
>>828408
You don't have to kill for fun, kill for the good of the ecosystem. Wild hogs are vermin.
>>
>>828475
this guy won the thread...

don't throw tennis balls at wild-life. it stresses out the animals for no reason and they may turn around and kill you.
>>
>>828408
I've literally thought of the same thing. Everyone else is just being a dick. It may be illegal though idk
>>
>>831839
>I have autism too OP!

The post
>>
>>831797
>it'll cut you deep before you get a grab on it
not if you re good i have seen this shit plenty of times. if you mess it up you get cut bad sure. once the boar is on the ground and you are sitting on it you can do whatever you want tho. humans are very endurant most wildlife isn't they get dead tired after a little struggle.
>>
>>828408
Arrows with a blunt, bulbous head are in fact a real thing. They're used to herd cows and other livestock. I can't remember their proper name, something like "cow puncher" or whatever.
>>
>>831883
>Lying on the internet
>>
>>828408
Why not "hunt" as in stalking and tracking but just take photos?
>>
>>831940
have you watched the vids i posted sure a few guys get cuts most of them just catch the pigs bare handed no harm.
>>
>>828512
This. SO fucking much.

As for the rest of you, im pretty disappointed.
However, this is the internet, this is 4chan, and.... this is /k/.

I just thought less of you would be so fucking retarded.
>>
>>832244
Much (if not most) of the unarmed hunting featured multiple people and small pigs and a few were vehicle assisted. Showing unarmed hunts that went right does not show that you aren't likely to get fucked up.

>>832256
>this is /k/.

This is /out/.
>>
>>832291
fuck you, hunting is a perfectly /out/ activity and should be posted about on this board even if this is /k/.
>>
>>832347
>Being retarded
>>
>>832291
100kg pig is small sure that is why i said only mess with pigs your own bodyweight.
you won't be able to wrestle a 2-300 kg pig with much success and they have tusks that can gut you.
>>
>>828595
This, OP. All the joy of stalking an animal, and it produces something of interest as opposed to play hunting like some kind of weirdo.
>>
File: 1469218726288.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469218726288.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
>>832256
>>832347
>>>828408
>>>
>4chan.org/out/
>/out/
Leave it to the guy who comes in calling everyone retarded to have fewer brain cells than teeth.
>>
File: 1464810307758.jpg (40KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1464810307758.jpg
40KB, 500x377px
>>832358
Stupid 4chan messed up my post. I can see why the first line would reformat like that but I don't understand why part of the post got straight up removed.

Thanks Obama.
>>
>>830389
I'm betting you body slam wolves.
>>
>>832471
i would if i had any chance of catching them. they are fast tho.
>>
File: 42.png (73KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
42.png
73KB, 375x360px
>>828408
>>828408
If its fun, healthy for your mind and body + doesnt hurt anyone then there really is no reason against it, even if there might be some laws.
I bet 5€ you wont be able to stalk any big game in your first active week/month
Why the Heck not.

Dont come to this morbid place for moral advice
>>
Everyone who thinks like this should be killed on sight
>>
put rubber tips on the end of arrows and shoot tourists.
>>
>>833853
or hunters
>what could go wrong?
>>
>>828944
>protip
Try a toilet tank lid.
Less bulk and more manageable configuration.
>>
>>831807
>DAT rack.
I wonder how close this guy was/what lenses he had.
Even my 420mm lenses (shut up stoners) wouldn't get me close enough to get that clarity while still feeling safe.
Dude probably had some $10,000 1500mm setup.
>>
>>832244
Redneck buddy (from a state like new Hampshire or some shit, go fig) used to go out boar hunting with dogs and a bowie knife.
Too hardcore for me, I'll stick with my DSLR or 30-06.
>>
>>828408
This is the gayest thing I've read on 4chan and i see new trap threads every 4 minutes.
>>
>>834661
In NZ hunting any other way than with dogs is considered cowardly
>>
ITT: OP dies
>>
>>828422
If you're worried about killing them as an ethical issue, how come you aren't worried about spooking them and hurting their precious feelings?

It might be fun to catch animals in traps and release them, or photograph them, though.
>>
>>835467
nay, lead them down the path of hunting and killing for food and professional, regulated to control populations hunting. After nerfing enough animals and running away when they understandible get pissed off, they'll get hooked on the meat and yada yada....
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.