[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL Two Day Camping Checklist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hi /out/ I need help complying a two day camping checklist. All of the ones online seem too extensive for a simple weekend trip for five adults. Also these online lists seem to be for cold weather so I need something for my location.. We're going to be tent camping, grilling, and tubing. Possibly hiking. As for entertainment we are all very musically inclined so guitars and my sticks are a must. Any advice on what to bring is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
>>
>>828300
>Tent
Clearly, you're going tent camping

>Sleeping bag
>Stuff you want to eat and drink, enough for two days
>Three gallons of water, one per day, one to put out fire
>Means of starting a fire, matches or a lighter will do
>A lightweight tinder, paper is an easy/cheap option
>Means of putting out fire, water to extinguish, shovel to smother with dirt
>Change of clothes + appropriate time of year jacket/coat
>Raincoat
>Hat, baseball cap works
>Flashlight
>Some kind of bug repellent, smoke can work but only for so long
>Sun screen
>Trashbags. Do not be THAT group.

All of this is to be packed for yourself (minus the tent, anyone could bring that), and should not be relied upon someone else to bring it for the group. Be sure that you're prepared in case everyone else fucks up.

If you're sticking to a groomed campsite you can reach from the road, that's really all you need. If you're going hiking, you SHOULD prepare by having more important essentials essentials: first aid kit, spare water, spare food, "survival" stuff like that. That's why most of those lists online are so long, is it is also preparing for the event of something going wrong. You SHOULD prepare for something to happen to you or one of your friends, but if it's a morning/overnight/evening trip it's "not as important."

As for tubing, water isn't my forte because I'm a pussy and hate/fear/respect open and moving water. I imagine a life vest is going to be legally required anywhere you go, so a life vest at least. Maybe water shoes that won't come off your feet? I'm no help here.

Also, check your areas' fire risk. A lot of places are having dry spells and are tinderboxes for wildfires. Build small fires, and keep an eye on your grill at all times.

This list is only what I could think of in a short amount of time. As a last note, tell someone you trust where you're going and for how long. It's a guarantee that someone will come looking for you if something happens.
>>
Yay! Thank you
>>
>>828300
pretty much this although imo don't need a shovel
if you're bringing cooking oil, fyi olive oil has spf 15 to double as sunscreen
>>
>>828300
Alcohol
Toilet paper
Extra shoes and socks
>>
hammocks, blankets, water. that is literally all you need for short-term camping (i.e., less than a month), unless you are going into extreme weather. if you need anything else, you might as well be setting up camp in your backyard.
>>
>>828636

Yeah I don't bring food either

t. A. Supertramp
>>
It's Florida in summer. You need mosquito protection, rain gear, and tons of water. Good shoes for mud is a plus. I don't know where in Florida you are going but you likely will need no jacket. I never bring jackets in summer. It only gets down to the mid 70s at night and I'm fairly far north and rain gear is plenty warm. Long sleeves that are lightweight can protect from Sun and bugs, I usually go topless and smell like lemongrass instead. Hats are crucial.

If you're tubing in a spring bring a dry bag unless you have a ride back up. Also they can get chilly, but with 95+ degree air who cares?

Also depending on where you are it rains hard and daily. Your tent is not going to be dry unless you have a high spot, rain fly, and something above it. You'll likely be wet regardless.
>>
>>828300
Where in FL and how much was campsite reservation?
>>
>>828766
Ginnie Springs in High Park, FL for 25 dollars
>>
>>828300
You need a superhero costume and some radioactive material so you can get in on this goodness.

http://fusion.net/story/333793/oxitec-zika-fighting-mosquitoes/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.