[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any dream places /out/ wants to go? Annapoona for me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 16

File: mongpoop.jpg (261KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mongpoop.jpg
261KB, 1600x900px
Any dream places /out/ wants to go?

Annapoona for me
>>
File: alsek_sap_dani_row_v_6668_mdlg.jpg (93KB, 340x370px) Image search: [Google]
alsek_sap_dani_row_v_6668_mdlg.jpg
93KB, 340x370px
Rafting on the Alsek River
>>
File: 1400x655_Miciu_e_0081.jpg (482KB, 1400x655px) Image search: [Google]
1400x655_Miciu_e_0081.jpg
482KB, 1400x655px
>>828182
patagonia and nepal
>>
File: Nepal-2.jpg (818KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
Nepal-2.jpg
818KB, 1000x668px
>>828197
>>
Pacified Crust Trail
>>
File: 3Z6vcYn.jpg (114KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3Z6vcYn.jpg
114KB, 1500x1000px
Kamchatka, I'd like to go for a trip across the land from North to the Southern terminus.
>>
File: congo-what-wwf-is-doingMID_55548.jpg (140KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
congo-what-wwf-is-doingMID_55548.jpg
140KB, 1000x600px
The Democratic Republic of Congo. Want to photograph a wild okapi.
>>
>>828216
That would be incredible
>tfw no trust fund to blow on epic /out/ings
>>
File: whitehaven.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
whitehaven.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
queensland
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 960x540px
>>828182
I want to spend a week walking around New York City. I know that's not a typical /out/ing but I've lived my whole life in a small Texas town. i can walk a block and be completely alone innawoods so to see a place that's nothing but concrete for miles would be an adventure.
>>
>>828286
Ehh, it's overrated. It is different (especially in the summer) because there are people fucking everywhere. Nobody has AC in the hood so everybody just chills on their porch all day and night. People are friendly in the hood if you're from the area, but pretty much anywhere else in big cities like that everybody minds their own business. People will piss you off real quick because everybody is so rude and antisocial.

And walking downtown with 40+ story buildings all around is fucked up because there is no sunlight. Downtown business districts are kinda cool at like 2am though because they become a ghost town.

Best street to walk down is the blue collar suburb where people still mow their own lawns and kids play outside and neighbors actually talk to eachother.

At this point in my life, I just want to go explore some Northern WI or Minnesota lakes where nobody has ever gone fishing.
>>
>>828291
I know there's a fuck ton of them, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find any that haven't ever been fished
>>
>>828294
Shit, at least something that isn't pressured where you have a good chance of catching 5yr old+ fish that have never seen a hook. Everything around here is just so pressured and it doesn't take much for fishing to fuck up a small lake.

I also want to go fishin on a nice boat in the Keys but don't know enough rich people here.
>>
>>828286
i dont know if you have any friends there who would let you crash on their couch but if not there is an app called hotels tonight which would let you stay in dope ass places wicked cheap.

back to the thread. i actually went to my dream spot a few years out and got to raft Kaituna Falls, Tutea Falls and Okere Fall in new zealand.

my next dream is a multiday raft down either the Colorado or AK river which i am currently planning on doing next year.
>>
>>828299
>dope ass
>wicked cheap
Frigg off Chad
>>
>>828197
High on my list.

Want to climb Denali first though.
>>
File: high camp tent.jpg (131KB, 1600x653px) Image search: [Google]
high camp tent.jpg
131KB, 1600x653px
>>828455
Which shoes set up are you going with?
What kind of tent?

If you don't mind me asking?

Daneli is pretty high on my list, but being a European it's quite expensive just to get there. Going for one of the 7k's in central Asia. Probably peak Lenin.
>>
>>828537
It's something I'll probably be looking at in a few years, don't have the high elevation gear right now for it.

However, I wear LS nepal's for climbing locally, so I'll be looking at LS Spantiks assuming they fit similar to the nepal. Plus overboots. I've also worn Koflachs with the intuition liner and they fit me great on a 6 day expedition.

I like the MH Trango tent and Hillebergs. It all depends on how many people I go with.
>>
have my eyes set on nepal as well, I'm surprised I don't see more nepal threads on /out/ and /trv/.

Planning on going in October with a friend.
>>
File: k2.jpg (613KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
k2.jpg
613KB, 2048x1365px
>>828644
Im going to do the annapurna circuit/basecamp at october. Which part will you be visting? I also want to check out k2
>>
>>828677
>K2
Fuck that shitty mountain. It is in the mudslim 3rd world shithole and it is one the most hatred country.
>>
>>828677
Annapurna and K2 are pretty far from each other... And in a whole different country The approach itself is likely going to take you about a week.

But it would be a great trip.
>>
>>828291
>lawns
>new York

Pick one.
>>
>>828308
hey, hey. be friendly!
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 640x1136px
>>828831
Lawns were only mentioned in the suburban area. They just have porches deep innacity.

Although lots of Chicago has lawns because a ton of the city is those long 3s story houses with like 18" between the buildings. Probably don't even need to mow them though because people walk over them enough to trample it.
>>
>>828680
It's also well known for being more difficult to summit than Everest.../pol/tard
>>
>>828825
K2 is going to be a seperate trip. Ill go some other time. Its just one of the other mountians I want to see.
>>
>>828291
>>828286
im a brit and this is my fucking dream

I know NYC is a complete shithole but I would LOVE to just explore it for a week with friends
>>
>>828182
Alaska. I wish I was American sometimes.
>>
>>829088
I want to get to Yurop for a couple months, the complete opposite of you. Mostly because there is so much more history there. I grew up in Chicago, and there isn't much there still standing from before the early 1900s. My immediate area was all built up in the 1950s. And now where I live in FL, the majority of stuff was built after the 80s. A little further west where I work, it was all Everglades swampland 20+ years ago.
>>
>>829234
yeah the historic place in europe are really nice

you'd need ages to explore it properly though
>>
>>829238
That's why I said months. Like at least 3mos, preferably 6mos+ with nothing to do besides travel from place to place for a couple days. Not really something you could do over a 3-day weekend. That's like saying you want to visit the whole US in 8 days. Even driving nonstop, you would still miss a bunch.
>>
>>829242
that's a lot of time. and money
where do you even find that much time?
>>
>>829319
Never with my spending habits now.

I don't have kids or anything though so I could realistically do it if I stacked money for a little bit. Hustle a little here and there and live smart and it wouldn't be too expensive.

I doubt I'll ever do it, but it would be cool to have a job that let me travel a little more.
>>
>>828885
Chicago is mostly lawns, that is, excluding the insane highrises and penthouses. Aside from getting lost in the city, Chicago is just a more /out/ tier New York, the bike paths are divine.
>>
File: ThorongLa.jpg (370KB, 1050x788px) Image search: [Google]
ThorongLa.jpg
370KB, 1050x788px
>>828644
>>828677
It's a fine choice my /out/ bros.
>>
>>829351
How much did road building destroy the scenery in annapurna?
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (5MB, 5184x3888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
5MB, 5184x3888px
>>829351
Not a huge amount to be honest. Along the Eastern side of the pass that is, which is where most of the walking usually is. And the road stops at Manang, two days walk before the Pass. At Manang is where you're expected to spend an extra night too for a altitude acclimatisation.

On top of that, the leg before that you can take the option of taking the "High road", which is higher scenic route where the cars are much less likely to be. And all that said, I probably saw less than 20 cars driving along the road the whole 5-6 days until Manang before getting there.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x314px
Where can I find places like this?
>>
File: Torres-11.jpg (827KB, 1537x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Torres-11.jpg
827KB, 1537x1000px
torres del paine
>>
>>828677
Annapurna circuit was fun when I went in 2013. Good luck!
>>
>>829395
3 centuries ago thats where
>>
>>829390
Hey Buddy, nice pics

What season did you go? I'm heading in December, have 3 weeks and want to spend as much as I can on the circuit.

Did you hire your gear? Was hoping just to pack boots and pick up everything else there (going to Sri Lanka after and the weather is going to be a bit different)
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.