[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold and Dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nwbjfsr0jO1r81c8do1_500.jpg (38KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwbjfsr0jO1r81c8do1_500.jpg
38KB, 500x335px
Does anyone know where the darkest and coldest place to live would be? That's actually inhabitable? I'm thinking Alaska, Finland, Iceland, Greenland ?

I love the cold and when it's cloudy/dark. Puts me in such a good mood, and I feel at ease.
>>
>>828126
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=darkest+places+in+the+world
>>
>>828126

I remember camping in the Norwegian winter when I was 12. Some days we got 24 hr complete night and other days 24 hr complete daylight.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
This is Alaska. It was over 80 on this day.
>>
>>828126
>Finland
bingo
no wonder they are so suicidal and drunk all the time
>>
>>828312
where at?
>>
Somewhere in northen Alaska. I thought the cold was my friend to, until I went to Barrow. It feels like another planet or something. I had no idea just how hostile our mother Earth can be.
>>
>>828367
This, please come here t finnish
>>
>>828126
Iceland actually has milder winters on average than NYC
>>
>>828372
alaska silly
>>
I would recommend Lapland in Finland. :D
>>
>>829069
This.
Southern Finland has shitty winters most of the time
>>
>>828126
Most of those places are actually pretty far south. Canada and Greenland have the northest land masses.

Alert on Ellesmere Island is the northernmost permanent land settlement if you can get yourself stationed there (it's a military and research base). Otherwise, probably Svalbard.

>>828225
>and other days 24 hr complete daylight.
that wouldn't have been in the winter
>>
>>829092
Can confirm Svalbard as pretty fuckin' dark. When the sun rises for the first time of the year though, it's a pretty amazing experience.

One question for OP, have you ever been to the 'dark and cold' for over a week, or do you just like winter? I found total darkness to be a little less disturbinc than daylight 24/7, but it still does something with your psyche. For each their own, I guess.
>>
>>828902
Barrow, Alaska. Enjoy your -40*F winters.
>>
Siberia you fucking retards. Oymyakon is inhabited and has a record low of -89.9F.
>>
File: bepis.jpg (49KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
bepis.jpg
49KB, 500x327px
>>828880
>>829069
>finland looks idyllic
>tfw noguns and that confusing language
fug
>>
>>828126
Probably the south pole.

At least at the north pole you have a chance fo being bros with santa.
>>
>>830687
Santa lives in Finland....
>>
>>829548
Ivan pls. That isn't even north of the Arctic Circle.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.