[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kayak fishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /out/ getting an angler kayak for fishing and I was wondering h'what kind of stuff I'd need to get started
>>
File: 4988528099_b25c04f2de_z.jpg (103KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
4988528099_b25c04f2de_z.jpg
103KB, 640x427px
Life jacket.
>>
Beer holder.
>>
>>827915
And a case of beer
>>
File: AK1 Demo-500x500.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AK1 Demo-500x500.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
1. PFD. It's a legal requirement. Look into that. Some places also require a whistle, too.

2. If you don't leash it, you lose it. Tie everything down. You can either buy paddle leashes or paracord, heat shrink wrap (optional, but makes the knots look more neat), and carabiners to make your own.

3. If you're going to be fishing you'll definitely need an anchor. You don't want to be paddling more than you're casting. You may want to consider an anchor trolley kit. My kayak has handles on the bow and stern that I was able to loop paracord through, so I didn't have to drill any holes. Pic related as to why. If you're stationary the current might tip you over. As far as anchor specifics go I have a 10lb mushroom anchor; the completely rounded ones. I've never gotten hung up on anything like you would with a grappling style. They say the length of your anchor rope should be twice the depth of the water you're fishing, too.

That's all you should need to begin with, assuming the kayak has rod holders.
>>
You'll need two cam straps, some rope, S-hooks, and (if you don't have a luggage rack on your vehicle) at least 2 pool noodles when transporting it.
>>
I'm not so sure whether or not the particular kayak I'm getting has those features (Pelican Trailblazer 100 Angler). And I was wondering if I could use silicone caulk to seal up holes that I need waterproofed
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.