[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music while innawoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: JBL-Flip-3.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
JBL-Flip-3.gif
3MB, 480x270px
What's /out/'s thoughts on music while innawoods?
Pic related, what I bring out after a day of hiking (worth the weight)
>>
Playing music and making noise in general is one of the best things you can do when making camp to deter predatory animals from visiting.

Out approved/10

>celtic/instrumental master race here
>>
I play guitar in a local park sometimes, either on a waterfall or ontop of a few different rocks by a lake. But I can't bring the thing out camping or something which s a shame.
>>
Depends on what the music is

The Microphones and Mount Eerie are nice while innawoods
>>
>>827734
I think it's a nice touch as long as you don't mind the wait. makes camp feel like home.
>>827787
I kind of want to learn harmonica so I have an instrument to bring that won't be so clunky
>>
File: samurai_champloo.jpg (174KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_champloo.jpg
174KB, 1024x1024px
It's fine so long as you're not bothering others. There are few things I hate morw than hearing someone else's shitty music while I'm out hiking.

If you're not bothering anyone, fuck yeah. I love bringing my bluetooth speaker innawoods.
>>
>>827734
>>827834
This
Just don't bother other people and its fine
>>
I have a UE Boom. It's waterproof, loud as fuck, and the battery life is pretty good (12+ hours).

I just stick it in a bottle cage when I ride my bike. People can hear me down the trail from over 200 yards away, or so I've heard. Much better and safer than using headphones while cycling.
>>
I cart along a big speaker and my ipod with the entire discography of the Gerogerigegege on it. It's somewhat cumbersome on long hikes, but having your music blasting while you're alone is great.
>>
I know you're supposed to make noise when out, but I can't help but want to be as quiet as possible and listen to all of the natural sounds happening. I'm probably going to startle a bear and get mauled some day like an idiot.
>>
>>827834
Nujabes indeed.

>ma nigga
>>
>>827834
nujabes type music was made for /out/
>>
>>827734
Sometimes I'll take a harmonica but it really bothers me when people play music on phones or other devices. I feel it's obnoxious and belongs in the towns and cities with the rest of the loud obnoxious things.
>>
>>827734
Sometimes I take a 10 dollar Sony personal radio. You gotta be close by to hear, but I still don't play it if I think I might be bothering anyone. Gets like 100 hours on 2 aa batteries. Dropped it in a creek, still works. Grade A purchase.
>>
>>827834
Fuck niggerjabes.
>>
File: lilla_jonsson_saft_web_13932613.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
lilla_jonsson_saft_web_13932613.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
how small and/or densly populated are your countries if you can bother someone with music while /out/

>how
>>
>>828082
Some places only allow camping in designated areas.
>>
>>827734
Howling death metal grind core is best, but only if you have a car battery, 1000wat amp and massive speakers you can blare out from the tallest peak.

Try this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVZXUSCoTQ
>>
File: 20120618-IMG_4930.jpg (961KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20120618-IMG_4930.jpg
961KB, 5184x3456px
>>828094
>that group with the big pickup truck that blares country music all night
>>
File: 1448488464566.jpg (50KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
1448488464566.jpg
50KB, 400x402px
>>828090
>>
File: clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>828090
>land of the free
>designated camping sites

inb4 i wild camp all the time
>its still the fucking law
>>
>>828090
Some places only allow shitting in designated streets.
>>
I was in Glacier backcountry a few weeks ago and there was a group of 20 something dudes hiking listening to the worst music I've ever heard, I can only describe it as atmospheric techno, they were probably /out/ posters.
>>
>>828192
>DESIGNATED
>>
>>828111
Nigger it boils down far more to
>okay you can camp on this 200k acres that is nat forest land
>okay
>btw there's like four roads through the whole area
So you just get concentrations of people if you're not the kind to hike for a full day before setting up camp.
>>
>>827734

I just use my phone, because it's also a flashlight, a camera, a GPS, offline maps, I can call for help if I need to, etc. etc.

Even with all that I only bring it grudgingly because it's electronic and needs to be charged. I would never bring a whole separate gizmo just for music.
>>
>>828068

Radio still has a comf factor you can't get from mp3s doesn't it. I wish voice acted radio dramas like The Shadow were still a thing.
>>
>>828608
>SHITTING
>>
Would playing a pocket radio at night deter boars? I hate when they circle around me and make noises.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.